Season 2015

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 2015

Post by singlyme on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:38 am

I'm really pleased with the top 24.  Looking forward to an entertaining season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 2015

Post by SLA44 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm

I'm looking forward to a fairly good season.  I was surprised at some of the ones that didn't make and at a couple of the ones that did make it but I am still looking forward to this season.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:37 am

I think some of them are chosen because of stage presence and unique voices or appearances.  Like that Joey girl.  She flubbed quite a bit, but has a unique style and appearance - and very yellow teeth.  Also, the beautiful girl with the frizzy, multi-colored hair.  She flubbed, too, but has quite the interesting voice.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:05 am

Did anyone watch last night?  Clark blew me away with "When A Man Loves A Woman."  I like Mark Andrews, too, but "Take A Load Off" didn't ring any bells.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:44 am

I've only watched one episode this season. I am still not that into it after the fiasco season with Mariah and Niki as judges. Besides, The Voice started up this week again and I'll definitely be watching that. I'll have to see how I feel about watching AI now that the audition stage is over.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:02 pm

Since Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. entered the picture, the show has improved beyond belief.  Particularly, Harry.  "Swoon"  lol

When Nikki was on the show, I tuned out after a couple of episodes.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Singly I did watch last night and I am still stumped as to why Adam is there.  Scratch    There were some good performances and some misses last night.   I wonder how the gals will do tonight. 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 am

I can't think who Adam is.  Oh, well.... by next week, I'll know who you're talking about - unless he goes home.  lol.

I didn't think the girls did as well as the guys.  I found myself voting for Shannon.  I like her voice, but she has no stage presence yet.  Voting in hopes she gets the chance to work on it.  A boost for the under dog.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Adam was the first one that sang on Wednesday night ~ he is the overweight white guy with the Afro hairdo that is always clowning around. 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:18 am

SLA, he has a phenomenal voice, and I think he might be around awhile.  The "rockers" could keep him in play.  I just remembered.  You didn't care for last year's rocker, did you?  I understand if you don't like that sort of music.

Personally, I'll be happy as long as Clark continues forward.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:48 pm

You have a good memory singly ~ nope I did not like last year's rocker either.  Not the kind of music I can enjoy listening too.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:10 am

I feel like such an old fuddy-duddy.  I'm not enjoying the show the last couple of weeks because I don't like the music.  If I turn on the radio, it's to listen to oldies.  Just can't get into this rush of words with so little melody.

I still think Clark should take it for top guy.  I've switched up my opinion of the girls.  Instead of Jax, it'll be Tyanna at the end.  That little girl can sing.  No gimmicks, just pure talent.

I'd love to see little boy, Daniel, go far, far away.  Also, Qassim.  The judges seem to like his energy, but to me.... he looks like a beserk chimp who's locked in a cage and wants out. 

Anyone else watching?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:38 pm

I like Rayvon and Nick.  Clark was really good Wednesday night but I missed his song last night.  I think I agree with you on the gals - I liked Jax song on Wednesday night much better than her song last night.  In fact I think I liked all the songs of the ones I heard last night better on Wednesday night.

As far as Daniel goes I'm sure that is all the very young girls that are voting that are keeping him in it.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:33 am

I think it's the teenies keeping Daniel, as well.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:58 pm

I cannot believe they used the one save they have for the season on Qassim last night. Yuck  I think it was a big mistake and it will come back to bite them in the behind when someone that really deserves to be there gets voted off down the road.  
I won't say what came out of my mouth last night when Daniel's name was called as safe very early in the show.    Pull hair
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:34 am

LOL, SLA.  Your reaction to Daniel was likely the same as mine.  And I felt such relief to learn that Qassim was booted, only to have him saved.  BIG mistake, IMHO.  He's so frenetic, it's off-putting.  It seems he's trying to channel a combo of James Brown and Michael Jackson.  And I hate it when he does the "mean gorilla" expression.

While I like Tyanna's voice and talent, I didn't care for her rendition of "Circle of Life."  Joey is growing more impressive, however.  Just wish they'd give her some teeth-whitening treatments for those nearly-orange teeth.

I found I was on pins and needles waiting to see if Clark was safe.  Guess that was the plan, huh?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Well this week will be a double elimination due to the save last week ~ hopefully it will be Daniel and Qassim.  Biting nails

The way they are calling the contestants down this year - you have no way of knowing where they fell in the voting.  Anything for drama I guess.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:51 pm

SLA, I don't recall them ever doing the elimination by most to least votes.  It's only when they get to the bottom two that we know one of them was booted.  Actually, Clark could have gotten the most votes - and that's why we were kept in suspense until the last minute.  Grrrr.

If both Daniel and Qassim are eliminated, I'll feel like we have a real contest going.  I'm not looking forward to losing any of the others remaining.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:33 pm

I remember they used to call the contestants down  and put them into groups and they had one group of three with the lowest votes.  Then they would send one of the three back to the rest of the ones that made it through and just have the two remaining and they would sing off to the judges save themselves if I remember correctly.  I think maybe that was before they started having the save though.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:45 pm

When Qassim's name was called, I said a bad word.  Darn

It wasn't sad to see the two girls go.  Again, I was waiting for Clark's name.  Thought he did a good job, but Joey was way off last night.  I also think Quinton has a shot.  Lots of talent this year.  Oh, and Tyanna also hit a homer.  I think the four I mentioned are the ones I see making it to the end.  Maybe not Quinton, but I think he's good.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Well I just went OMG! when the first name was called, especially after the less than acceptable job he did last week. Crying or Very sad  Then he did do well last night so I think he is going to be around for quite a while.  I was also very unhappy to hear Qassim's name called last night Mad and was really worried for Rayvon.  Unfortunately Rayvon didn't have a spectacular night last night so I'm afraid he may be the next to go.  I didn't care for Joey last night at all but have not cared for her all along except for her performance last week.  I would not be sorry to see her go.  My favorite so far is still Nick.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:47 am

You got me, SLA.  I can't remember whose name was called first.

The thing with Rayvon, for me, is this.  He has a great voice but nothing to make him stand out.  He's probably too middle-of-the-road for most.

I, too, like Nick.  But instinct tells me that unless he belts out more songs the way he did this week, he'll fizzle.

Joey is overly gimmicky but beneath it all, is a unique voice.  You're right.  This week's song kinda stunk.  Though I liked Clark's song, I wish he'd get back to those that show the true depth of his voice.

As for our friend, Qassim, he has the least "singing" talent of anyone in the group.  He sells it on performance (which I find annoying).  And those facial expressions - omg.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:18 pm

The 1st name they called was Daniel.  I think the problem with Rayvon is all his songs kind of sound the same but I still like him but doubt he will make it past this last week.  I'm afraid he will be the next to go.  All the teenie bopper Justin Bieber fans will be voting for Daniel again.  Rolling Eyes
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:51 am

Now, I remember.  I had the same reaction to Daniel.  He reminds me of a little kid singing at a junior talent contest.  Not ready for prime time.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:29 am

Almost all the performances were enjoyable last night.  I'm glad Rayvon got saved for you, SLA.  I was SO glad to see Daniel go.  Daniel down, Qassim to go.

Once again, I was on pins and needles waiting to see Clark's chair light up.  He is an amazing singer.  And more and more, I'm appreciating Quinton, as well.  Tyanna has such a spectacular voice, but the songs just haven't "fit" her the last couple of weeks.  For me, I enjoy it more when she sings a jumping beat.  It seems more in line with her 15-yr-old personality.  Fun and vital.

While I enjoy Nick's style and think his voice is solid, I just haven't warmed up to him for some reason.  Can't say why.  Joey is a great talent, although I can't imagine buying her songs.  There's too much fluxuation with Jax, even though I see the appeal there.

One must take into consideration that I'm an old person and my preferences reflect as much.  When Clark sang, I got doo-wop nostalgia - slow-dancing and romance.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum