America's Got Talent

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: America's Got Talent

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Wow, I wonder why DuoVolta dropped out???? They were wonderful. Sylvia I could care less. I don't like those types of acts.

I agree with you on Triple Threat. I gave them 10 as my reaction to the judges nastiness. The public votes are now in control - NO BUZZERS! I am sure the votes will push them through because of the judges, where they might not have made it on their own. Hopefully they will listen to the judges and up their act next time.

I am sure that most of the lighting, staging, etc. is done by the show, not contestants. Yes, most was over the top and, in several cases, distracted from the performer. Craig & Micheline got lost in all that lightening.

I like Samantha - but not last night. All she did was scream through that song.

I have to say this. I do not think acts that live in other countries should be allowed. This is America's Got Talent. Almost every other country has their own Got Talent show. I don't care how great the Japanese dancers are, I will not vote for them.  A few years back a Japanese resident won - took the million bucks back to Japan and we have never seen or heard from him again. That irks me.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:09 pm

I did not realize that about the acts.  I knew some of them were foreign-born, but I thought all of them had to live in the United States now.

According to their website and Facebook page, after DuoVolta advanced to RCMH, they made the decision to stop performing together and so felt it made no sense to take the time to create and polish routines that would be performed only once.  And if they had won, they would not have wanted to do a show together.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Ah, so the romantic break up also broke up the act. Too bad.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm

If two acts dropped out - I wonder who else gets to come back. Do you know Lady Mustang?

PS - I had a 66 Mustang convertible for almost 30 years. Love of my life! well, car wise.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Well I, for one, LOVED the little Mexican girl.  Alonda?  Does her family live in the states?  Samantha gave me goose bumps, but I'm sure it had to do with the crescendo in the music.

There were a lot of good acts last night.  I think the gymnasts will go.  We can see that stuff on the sports channel.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:44 pm

I love that era Mustang.  Smile  I ended up having to sell mine a few years ago and now I have a 68 Cougar that we just finished restoring.  Not a convertible, though.  They didn't make a Cougar convertible until a year or two later.

But back to the show . . . I'm kind of annoyed at them for not giving us the whole story this time around.  There were four judges' cuts rounds where 7 acts each went through.  That's a total of 28 acts.  But there are 36 acts in the quarter-finals.  So that means there were 8 added somehow after the judges' cuts were made plus the 2 replacements for the ones that dropped out, so that makes a total of 10 acts that we weren't told about (at least not yet anyway). 

I honestly don't remember all of the ones the judges selected, but I do know that Daditude didn't make it through originally, but they are one of the acts in the quarter-finals.  I don't remember the kid who rode the board that was powered by the water jet making it through, but he is also in the quarter-finals. I do remember the fabulous magician who learned magic in prison, but it does not look like they added him back as a wild card, which pisses me off no end.

Here's a link to a page with the names and pictures of all the quarter-finalists.  Maybe the rest of you can help me figure out which ones are the 'wild card' contestants.  http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/cast/season-10

Last edited by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't do math!)

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Thanks for the link LadyMustang.  I am so sorry that DuoVolta is no longer in the show ~ I really liked them.  I also could care less about Sylvia.

I also voted for Triple Threat night and agree that the judges should not be buzzing not that the vote goes to the viewers.  That's not only rude but also trying to put some sway to how the vote goes.   Mad  I also voted for Paul Zerdin and the young girl singer.  I did not vote for the Japanese guys act but I did vote for the gymnast because I want to get to look at them again.  Giggle   I voted for Benton Blout because he just sings from his heart.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Thanks for the link. Maybe I should check out websites - lol.
I missed a week and there are acts that I have not seen - or remember seeing.
At least 4 acts were sent straight to RC before the Judges Cut shows.
Looking at the whole lot - there are not that many that I like . . . maybe 25%.

Yes, Alondra Santos lives in El Monte, California. I really like her. She will go far if she sings more mainstream songs.
One of my rescued dogs was named Santos. I change his name to Kizhi. He went from Mexican to Russian - lol.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 pm

Tonight, there is going to be a Google save.  I'm not 100% sure of how it will work, but this might be interesting.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:14 am

It's now time for the AGT Dunkin' Save.  Go to google.com, type in "AGT Dunkin' Save", click on the act you want to save, then hit "Submit."

You can choose from Alondra Santos, Samantha Johnson, or The Gentlemen.  I suggest saving either Alondra or Samantha, and I voted for Alondra.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:25 am

Walker7 wrote:It's now time for the AGT Dunkin' Save.  Go to google.com, type in "AGT Dunkin' Save", click on the act you want to save, then hit "Submit."

You can choose from Alondra Santos, Samantha Johnson, or The Gentlemen.  I suggest saving either Alondra or Samantha, and I voted for Alondra.
It doesn't come on here for another 2 1/2 hours so the AGT Dunkin' Save isn't showing me anything right now.  Who are the Gentlemen?
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:18 am

The Gentlemen are the two young kid dancers.

I really hate this.  The top 7 acts should go through.  The way they've got this worked out, it's conceivable that the act that placed 8th could knock out the act that was in 6th place.  America voted - just take the top 7 votes.  If they want to add an extra, then let the other 5 acts be in the running to win a 'wild card' spot.  This kind of stuff just bugs.  I wasn't interested in any of the acts to be saved, so I didn't bother voting.

I'm happy that my three top acts made it through, but I have no interest in any of the individual singers, and we're stuck with all of them.  Ugh.  I would much rather have seen Triple Threat go through, even though their performance last night was not as strong as their previous performances.  I'm sad to see the gymnasts go as well.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:33 pm

I'm glad little Alondra was saved by the judges.  Like Howie, it didn't matter to me what language it was, I thoroughly enjoyed her.  And that smile is dazzling.

An hour to call out seven names?  Isn't tv amazing?

I agree, mustang, about that last-minute voting by Internet.  There's also no phone voting.  My computer is turned off before I sit down in front of the television.  So techies reign when it comes to voting.  The top seven should just BE the top seven.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Yeah, the voting sucks!!! First of all 1/3 of the country can not vote because of time zones. Second, not everybody has a Google account. I don't have one - nor do I want one.
I am just glad that Alondra made it.
As for her - her home state couldn't vote for her!

I am also sorry Triple Threat was cut.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Starz wrote:Yeah, the voting sucks!!! First of all 1/3 of the country can not vote because of time zones. Second, not everybody has a Google account. I don't have one - nor do I want one.
I am just glad that Alondra made it.
As for her - her home state couldn't vote for her!

I am also sorry Triple Threat was cut.
Yep us on the West Coast got left out once again!!   Hissy fit Hissy fit
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:58 pm

SLA44 - I'm pretty sure there was a way for the folks on the West Coast to vote.  I could swear I heard Nick mention it during the show.  The problem is they should have mentioned it LAST WEEK so that the folks in other time zones actually got a chance to hear about it before it was airing live and they couldn't hear about it.  I honestly sometimes wonder about the intelligence of people who run these shows.  Anyway, do some poking around NBC's website, and they might explain how you're able to do it.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:SLA44 - I'm pretty sure there was a way for the folks on the West Coast to vote.  I could swear I heard Nick mention it during the show.  The problem is they should have mentioned it LAST WEEK so that the folks in other time zones actually got a chance to hear about it before it was airing live and they couldn't hear about it.  I honestly sometimes wonder about the intelligence of people who run these shows.  Anyway, do some poking around NBC's website, and they might explain how you're able to do it.

Yes, the West Coast can vote by watching an internet feed of the show.  I live on the West Coast.  I don't want to watch the show at 5:00 pm on my computer.  Thanks anyway, Nick.
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:10 am

Well, that's stupid.  You would think you could just go to google at the same time the rest of us do and be able to log in and vote for the save.  That's pretty lousy.  Another good reason not to do the stupid save.  America voted already, and EVERYONE who wanted to vote had an adequate chance to vote.  Why mess with the results based on just a small section of the viewers?  That just sucks.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 am

LadyMustang65 wrote:Well, that's stupid.  You would think you could just go to google at the same time the rest of us do and be able to log in and vote for the save.  That's pretty lousy.  Another good reason not to do the stupid save.  America voted already, and EVERYONE who wanted to vote had an adequate chance to vote.  Why mess with the results based on just a small section of the viewers?  That just sucks.
I agree it sucks  They do it for DRAMA.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Some day they will figure out that manufactured fake drama really isn't all that dramatic.  It's mostly just annoying.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:Some day they will figure out that manufactured fake drama really isn't all that dramatic.  It's mostly just annoying.
Are we twins that were separated at birth?? We think so much alike!
I am looking forward to tomorrow nights show.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:02 am

LadyMustang65 wrote:Some day they will figure out that manufactured fake drama really isn't all that dramatic.  It's mostly just annoying.

I'm guessing they've figured out that manufactured fake drama is good for ratings.
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:01 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:I'm guessing they've figured out that manufactured fake drama is good for ratings.

Sigh, I am so tired of being in a world where the National Inquirer and other yellow tabloids are the standard of intelligence.
Faint

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:41 am

I hear you, Starz.
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Good show last night.  That Charlie Chaplin look-alike actually had me fearing for his safety on the big ladder.  What soulful eyes.

I'm sorry, but I don't have much interest in the card tricks.  Too long-distance for audiences to appreciate no matter how good the display.  And I ffwdd through the water flipper.  I don't understand how Stern told the comedian he had good material.  I never cracked a smile.  NOTHING was funny.  And I don't care for opera.

Hmmm.  Perhaps the show wasn't as good as I thought.  Scratch

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum