America's Got Talent

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: America's Got Talent

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:57 am

I have to agree (sort of) singly that the show last night was lacking.  I thought some of the comedian's stuff was funny, but overall it was not as strong a performance as his first two.  I did enjoy the magician.  I'm not typically a fan of opera, but that girl has a beautiful voice, and I just plain appreciate the fact that she doesn't scream everything and do all kinds of runs and trills and extra notes.  There's nuance to her singing.  The ladder guy does nothing for me.  I agree he looks like Charlie Chaplin, but the act annoys me.  I don't get why he wiggles the ladder like that all the time.  I assume it has something to do with balance.  My dh thinks he does it to create tension.  Anyway, watching someone climb up and down a ladder, no matter how high, was just dull.  I was kind of impressed the first time, but by now I'm bored.  Still don't like Ira.  The water board guy was boring - same trick over and over again.  The rock band was okay but I actually liked them better the first two times.  Sound was off or omething - I could barely hear the singer most of the time.  The animators were boring.  DM Nation was boring, and the lighting/staging was ridiculous.  Half the time I couldn't even see them.  I thought Freckled Sky was terrific.  Wasn't crazy about the CraigLewis Band version of "Try A Little Tenderness," but I didn't hate it as much as I did that lady's butchering of "California Dreaming" last week.  (Yes, I'm still not over that.  )  Let's see - oh yeah - the last lady singer did a decent job but again I liked her better in her previous performances.  So at the end of the show, there were only three that I thought did a really good job.  The rest were okay to meh for me.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:18 am

So we agree the show was lackluster?

I remember the name but can't think what Ira does.

I also agree with your assessment of the dancers.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Make it 3 for lackluster!
I love Opera and Arielle. I liked the magician. The ladder guy is interesting, but, I'd never pay to see him perform.
I do not care for IRA - just another annoying Muppet-type act. Myq (what a name) sucked imho. Did not like any of the dance groups this time. The "water boy" is very good looking and has fun but how is that an act for Vegas? The band and everybody else was better last time, and meh for me.

Last edited by Starz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:10 pm

I wish that a few that were eliminated last week - that I liked - could have been on this week instead. They would have made it through.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Lady Mustang, I agree with your entire assessment.  I was not entranced with the show last night.
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Singly - Ira is the puppet.  At least he wasn't mooning over Mel B this time.  It looks like we're all pretty much in agreement that it was not a great night for AGT last night.   It'll be interesting to see who garners the votes to go through.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:15 pm

I hope for sure that Arielle makes it through.  In case she is up for tonight's Dunkin' Save, please vote for her.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Walker7 wrote:I hope for sure that Arielle makes it through.  In case she is up for tonight's Dunkin' Save, please vote for her.
She is the ONLY one I care about in this bunch.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:32 pm

I also agree with LadyMustang's assessment.  Where I don't think they should be buzzing the acts now ~ I really wanted to buzz the Animation Dancers or whatever their name was myself.  I couldn't wait for their act to be over.  Last week had better acts than this week IMO - I wonder how they choose which acts to put with which other acts.  There were only three last night that I was even remotely interested in and I think they were the same that LadyMustang  had mentioned.  Other than that the show was a lot of boring to  me. Sleep  
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:47 pm

All of the shows I really like are not on right now. AGT is my fav for now. I was looking forward to it ALL week. I was underwhelmed and disappointed. I might not even watch tonight.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Starz wrote:All of the shows I really like are not on right now. AGT is my fav for now. I was looking forward to it ALL week. I was underwhelmed and disappointed. I might not even watch tonight.
I agree Starz ~ there were not seven acts last night that I cared about enough to see them make it through.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:09 pm

It's time for the AGT Dunkin' Save.  Your three choices of acts to save are:

3 Shades of Blue
Freckled Sky
Ira

Log on to Google, type "AGT Dunkin' Save" in the search box, make your choice by clicking on the act you want to save, then click Submit.

I voted to save Freckled Sky.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Arielle made it!  Congratulations to her!

And so far, the Dunkin' Save is extremely close.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Well, I can't say that I'm especially surprised at who went through, but the ladder guy and Ira are not ones I would have chosen nor do I have any real interest in them.  Glad Arielle made it as well as Derek Hughes.  I voted to save Freckled Sky as well for all the good that did.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 pm

I cannot believe that IRA made it over Freckled Sky. Hissy fit Not I know I am not going to bother watching tonight. No
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Sorry SLA.  I shouldn't have said anything.  Didn't mean to spoil it for anyone.  Ira was the people's save, and the judges then chose to save 3 Shades of Blue over Freckled Sky.  Not the choice I would have made.  I voted to save Freckled Sky.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Good, now I do not have to watch the show. I am glad for Arielle and Derek Hughes.
Can't believe that stupid puppet got through - especially over Freckled Sky who actually has talent!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:15 am

Of the bottom three, the only one I would have saved was Freckled Sky.  Naturally, the other two were saved, instead.

I'm glad Arielle and Sharon Irving made it.  Ladder guy (Uzeyer) doesn't interest me, nor does the Craig Lewis Band.  Derek Hughes is fine, but there are a lot of magicians this year and I'm not sure he's the best one.
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:Of the bottom three, the only one I would have saved was Freckled Sky.  Naturally, the other two were saved, instead.
Me, too. At least WE have taste.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:Derek Hughes is fine, but there are a lot of magicians this year and I'm not sure he's the best one.
He was just the best one last night. And better than most of the 20 of the week. I am glad he made it. I only voted for him and Arielle.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:00 am

LadyMustang65 wrote:Sorry SLA.  I shouldn't have said anything.  Didn't mean to spoil it for anyone.  Ira was the people's save, and the judges then chose to save 3 Shades of Blue over Freckled Sky.  Not the choice I would have made.  I voted to save Freckled Sky.
Don't be sorry LadyMustang - I'm glad you did say something - I got some errands done that I might not have.  I was so disappointed in last night's show anyway that I really could care less about the results show tonight.  It just figures that the only one I really liked out of the three up for saves would be the one that got cut.  Scratch
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:34 am

I'm sorry Speckled Sky didn't make it.  But, at least, I don't' have to watch the Japanese animators again.

Anyone watch Last Comic Standing?  I'm so bummed that Bryan Kellen (the rubber man) didn't make it through. 

Someone asked why Charlie Chaplin rocks the ladder.  I can only assume it's like being on stilts.  I was a whiz on those things as a kid, could go up and down steps, etc.  But you have to maintain movement.  Stand still and you keel over.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:10 pm

The Animators were Korean. I am glad they are gone, too. Boring!

How fun to have mastered stilts! I wish that I could have tried them - 6 inch platform shoes was the closest I ever got - LOL.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Is anybody watching AGT tonight??

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Yes I'm planning on watching when it comes on in my time zone.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum