Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Here is the blooper video of what they showed from last night:

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Discussion MTA - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion MTA

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 am

The bloopers were the best part of the whole program...

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:12 pm

SLA44 wrote:
 Indeed  I agree with everything you posted rkc!!   You rock  Furthermore Chris was not the only one to call out JJ but he was the only one that TPTB chose to show ~ the others are on the cutting room floor.  JJ also had called Chris a P***k behind his back.  I don't believe that Andrew said the word "blackie" and that it was made up by JJ because that would cause the most anger from Marquel.  Sure Andrew was cocky but JJ seemed to single him out and then go after him for things that supposedly happened weeks before.  And then Marquel calls JJ his friend and he believes whatever he says.  That sure doesn't say much for Marquel to me.  So the two that Marquel considered friends and stuck up for were JJ and Nick.  Well hoopdy doo Marquel for your taste in the human race is no better than the taste in your wardrobe IMO.  

Here is the link to article by someone that attended the taping of the MTA and according to this person the taping lasted 3 hours of which they only showed 1 1/2 hours of what was actually taped.  

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_bachelorette_men_tell_all_backstage_off-camera_details-2014-07
Yeah, what zap2it said is pretty much what I said. The "blackie comment was never proven except for JJ saying he said it. Wouldn't the people standing around them hear it as well if he really said it? They are all standing in close proximity to each other. If JJ had such conviction about what he says Andrew said and did then be a man and say how you feel...I think the truth of the matter is he didn't want to confront Andrew without spreading the rumors first or without others present that he had convinced  because he knew it wasn't true. For him to start such a big controversy over nothing says a lot about who HE is...not Andrew or anyone else. The fact that Marquel chose to wholeheartedly believe JJ without question says to me that he chooses to believe that white people are basically racists in his heart. If that's the case then why does he want to continue to associate with this show and make money off of it if it is run by a bunch of whitey's? You see, black people can be just as racist as white people...just saying.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 am

rkc1960 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
 Indeed  I agree with everything you posted rkc!!   You rock  Furthermore Chris was not the only one to call out JJ but he was the only one that TPTB chose to show ~ the others are on the cutting room floor.  JJ also had called Chris a P***k behind his back.  I don't believe that Andrew said the word "blackie" and that it was made up by JJ because that would cause the most anger from Marquel.  Sure Andrew was cocky but JJ seemed to single him out and then go after him for things that supposedly happened weeks before.  And then Marquel calls JJ his friend and he believes whatever he says.  That sure doesn't say much for Marquel to me.  So the two that Marquel considered friends and stuck up for were JJ and Nick.  Well hoopdy doo Marquel for your taste in the human race is no better than the taste in your wardrobe IMO.  

Here is the link to article by someone that attended the taping of the MTA and according to this person the taping lasted 3 hours of which they only showed 1 1/2 hours of what was actually taped.  

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_bachelorette_men_tell_all_backstage_off-camera_details-2014-07
Yeah, what zap2it said is pretty much what I said. The "blackie comment was never proven except for JJ saying he said it. Wouldn't the people standing around them hear it as well if he really said it? They are all standing in close proximity to each other. If JJ had such conviction about what he says Andrew said and did then be a man and say how you feel...I think the truth of the matter is he didn't want to confront Andrew without spreading the rumors first or without others present that he had convinced  because he knew it wasn't true. For him to start such a big controversy over nothing says a lot about who HE is...not Andrew or anyone else. The fact that Marquel chose to wholeheartedly believe JJ without question says to me that he chooses to believe that white people are basically racists in his heart. If that's the case then why does he want to continue to associate with this show and make money off of it if it is run by a bunch of whitey's? You see, black people can be just as racist as white people...just saying.
 High five and a big thumbs up to you rkc!!!  Applause 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 am

I completely agree about the "whitey" term.  Blacks use it as a racial slur.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Sad to say, Marquel may be chosen because he is black, not because he is felt to be the best choice.  TPTB have long been criticized for the "whiteness" of both shows.

Having said that, there are rednecks in this country who will not watch because of his race.  The prejudice is still out there...JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Without doing name calling or putting labels on people I will say I would not watch because I do not like him and it has nothing to do with his race - I would have watched Ron if he had been chosen as the bachelor.  Everybody that would not watch may not be because of his race but maybe because they are not attracted to him ~ just as I did not watch Juan Pablo because I did not like him and was not attracted to him.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:17 pm

rkc1960 wrote:

I agree with you wholeheartedly rkc.  And what about the audio??  With the hi tech capabilities they they have now, they could fine tune the audio and listen to it.  I do not believe that Andrew said what JJ accuses him of.  After watching this 20 minutes shenanigans about racism, I feel that Marquel is just as racist as he claims Andrew to be.  I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt in the way he carried on and on due to the fact that TPTB more than likely encouraged it (shame on them).   I have no words for JJ. And I do believe that because of JJ's accusations, Andrew probably has gotten slack in his real life.  (shame on JJ)  Nothing but a pot-stirrer, trouble maker.  I'm glad Chris called him out and basically told him JJ to "man up".  Brian also agreed with Chris, but not as vocal.   I don't understand at all why some people are thinking Marquel is the bee's knees; because he has told us he's a "good person" and flatters himself; because it was so cute how he likes to make cookies?  He didn't even go that far in the season.  Everyone thought Juan Pablo was this super cool dude and we all know how that ended.  If they do choose Marquel as the next bach, especially after watching the MTA, it's a season that I would certainly not watch.  
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 pm

newto the boards wrote:Sad to say, Marquel may be chosen because he is black, not because he is felt to be the best choice.  TPTB have long been criticized for the "whiteness" of both shows.

Having said that, there are rednecks in this country who will not watch because of his race.  The prejudice is still out there...JMHO.
I too think Marquel could be chosen just because he is black.  I would not watch, not because I'm a redneck, but because I don't care for Marquel and it has nothing to do with race.  I see him as being full of himself and that it a trait that I can't stomach.   If TPTB wanted to be more diverse, they could have pushed Ron as a "fan favorite....now he's a guy that seems like a super genuine nice guy.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 am

Without meaning to stir the pot or drag this discussion out further, do any of you feel that having Marquel as Bachelor could bring down this franchise, based not on his race, but solely on the type of person he has shown himself to be.  Just curious.  Of course we've had a couple of Bachelors in the past who were "full of themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:14 am

Casting Marquel would quell a lot of the complaining we see about the franchise excluding those of color in this role.  Many find him appealing.  However, I don't think we saw enough of him OR Ron to know what they're really like.  Bottom line - it doesn't matter.  The fact that Marquel is on BPI will likely exclude him from the role.

Will they ever have a black lead?  I think a predominantly white viewership would probably prevent it.  This show is likely in its decline as it stands.  This could be the stone that sinks the bucket.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:37 am

I agree with Singly that the show is in it's decline whichever way they go.  It has had a long run and it's just getting old.  It has gotten to the point where it is so scripted and far from reality that it's not even fun or interesting to watch any more.  There is also a rumor going around that they are looking at bringing Arie back as the next bach.  YIKES!!!  Although a lot of women swooned over him, I think he has had his day.  Big time player and after the show he had a facebook asking for money to support his racing, (and all these women gladly throwing it at him) I thought couldn't have been tackier.  I do hope they announce who will be the next bach at ATR ceremony and don't wait until DWTS.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:43 pm

I think this franchise is on its last leg anyway and I agree that it is so scripted it is the farthest thing from a reality show.  The talk about bringing back Arie would be a last ditch effort to try to save the show by TPTB IMO and I think it is the silliest idea of them all.  Arie is nothing but a playboy that would bed anyone willing ~ someone on another site said it would just be Aries own Bachelor In Paradise season and I concur with that sentiment.  It would be against what the show was originally set up to be, but then as reindeer said it is so scripted now it is so far from reality anyway I guess it doesn't matter.  I would not be interested in watching the bachelor if Arie was the lead, I have no respect for the kind of guy he is.   TPTB will do whatever they please because they have never shown they care what the viewers want so it doesn't really matter what we think, they will choose who they want period.  Rolling Eyes  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Some on the motherboard are responding to Arie with love and think he's the hottest thing on the planet.  When asked about his playboy nature?  We are reminded that Warren Beatty slept with everything that moved until he met Benning.  Apparently, she tamed him - and they want to see the same happen with Arie.

They also want husbands to take kissing lessons from him.  Didn't watch the season and only caught a glimpse of him.  Didn't do anything for me.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 pm

singlyme wrote:Some on the motherboard are responding to Arie with love and think he's the hottest thing on the planet.  When asked about his playboy nature?  We are reminded that Warren Beatty slept with everything that moved until he met Benning.  Apparently, she tamed him - and they want to see the same happen with Arie.

They also want husbands to take kissing lessons from him.  Didn't watch the season and only caught a glimpse of him.  Didn't do anything for me.
Singly I get so sick of all that talk about what a great kisser Arie is - he swapped a lot of spit with Emily and I didn't see anything that was so fantastic about it.  If their husbands knew what they were saying they ought to be pretty ticked off about it and it would be funny if they just quit kissing them for awhile.  To me that is so inconsiderate towards their husbands and it isn't the least bit funny if they say they were just joking.  Arie does nothing for me and the stuff he pulled after Emily's season was over put in the slime catagory for me.  There is no way I would want to see him as the bachelor.  No  Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:39 am

If Arie is a playboy, as has been said here, what is the sense of making him the Bachelor?  He certainly would not be there "for the right reasons."   Were he to keep to his true nature, the season would be a farce.

I think in the final analysis it is going to be Chris.  JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 am

There's strong speculation that Chris is in bed with Bayer (on a level with Monsanto), an agri-management corporation.  Many are ready to boycott if he's pushing GMOs.  Sites linking him to Bayer have been taken down, or so it's stated on the mother board.

While I'm onboard with hybrids, I'm 100% against GMOs that produce their own herbicides and pesticides within the vegetable.  The latter, by logic, remain in the foods we eat.  I can't fault the personal protests.

I'm not a fan of Chris.  Though I love the idea of living on a farm and being productive, he was never my "type."  Nor were JP or Andi.  They've shown so little that's likeable in recent characters, it's difficult to choose who I'd like to see as a lead.  Out of this season, I might choose Brian - but many would've considered him boring.

I've all but given up on seeing any semblance of a love story unfolding.  Perhaps it's time to bail on this show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:46 am

Is anyone watching Project Runway?  If so, perhaps we should start a thread?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:09 pm

singly:  I watch it occasionally.  There is a thread for that show on www.fansofrealitytv.com.  Don't know if you belong over there or are interested in joining.  I used to belong there; do not any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I think one of the main reasons that they put Marquel on BiP is because they think that will appease those that have been complaining about there being no person of color as the Bachelor. Now if someone complains they can just point to the fact that he was chosen to be there....and the fact that he was there kind of points to the fact that he won't be the next Bachelor.

I saw the rumors as well that they are considering bringing Arie back as the next Bachelor. That wouldn't be any different then when we were hearing rumors about bringing Jef back as the Bachelor. They have both proven that they are basically playboys and have no interest in having a long term relationship let alone get married. If they bring Arie back it just proves once again that this show cares nothing about what this show is SUPPOSED to be about but ratings only. I think they are grasping at any kind of craziness as a lifeline because they know that they are on their way out if they don't do something to revive this show. What they don't seem to understand is that people are being turned off by how it has become so scripted and nasty....a far cry from what it was in the beginning. What would be so wrong with just letting things play out as they are? It may not be as dramatic and conniving but I'm sure people would react favorably by it's honesty and it would bring back it's original viewing audience.

Speaking of weird tv, has anyone tried watching that show Married At First Sight? Over the weekend due to boredom I watched it on On Demand to see how Jamie Otis was on this show. All I can say is that I hope it IS scripted because if it isn't, she is a rude, bitchy person. They match people up by computer as to information they gave and it is supposed to be their perfect match. She said flat out that she felt let down by the people that matched them up because she was expecting someone that looked like a model. She went along with the whole thing even though she wanted to back out when she saw him for the first time. She was acting very rude at the wedding and makes it clear she doesn't want him to even touch her. She is just despicable on this show. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:36 pm

I won't be tuning in to Married at First Sight.  Doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I finally watched an episode of Naked and Afraid which I had boycotted simply due to the title.  OMG - the bug bites!  I don't see why they can't be allowed swim wear.  The survival stuff is interesting.

I agree, rkc, that our show has been scripted into the realm of disbelief by those of us who frequent the boards.  I suppose there are others out there naive enough to believe what they're seeing is real.  I think this (and JP's season) were the beginning of the fall for me.  JP's choice of Nikki came out of left field and I don't care who Andi chooses.  TPTB didn't give me enough honest footage to sink my teeth into.

JP came off like a lazy, shmoozing player - Andi, a cold and calculating b*tch.  And we're supposed to care about these people?  They need to give me a clue, not red herrings.

If they started Master Chef earlier in the season, along with Major Crimes, I'd move over to Fox permanently.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

I won't be tuning into Married at First Sight either.  Somehow I don't think it will last very long.  The selection of things to watch on TV gets worse and worse.  Sometimes I think I watch Bach and Bachette out of habit....

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:57 am

I won't be tuning in again. Like I said, it was out of shear boredom and I was already caught up on my other shows. I was curious to see how Jamie would be on that show and it isn't pretty.I think the whole thing makes a mockery out of the true institution of marriage.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top