Survivor: Cagayan...Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Survivor: Cagayan...Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Post by SLA44 on Fri May 02, 2014 12:31 pm

I think they will probably say he played the best game although it does look like maybe some have had maybe enough of him even though the light came on too late. It will be interesting to see what happens Wednesday night.  Right now it seems he has all the goodies to stay in the game for at least two more weeks.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 am

Talk about a stacked deck!  With Survivor, you never know how things will play out.  The edit can lead us to believe we know how people will vote, but there's always that one "iffy" person when they go into the council.  The outcome is always something to anticipate when it comes to that LAST vote.  We can only hope Tony will waste one idol to save Woo - or someone else he thinks is a loyal subject.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sat May 03, 2014 11:17 am

That's the only thing that would prevent him from having another solid two week stay and I had that in the back of my mind but I'm not sure he would be that generous with anyone else unless his paranoia gets the best of him.  One can only hope!

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Tue May 06, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm hoping there is some miracle and Tony doesn't win this. I will literally be sick to my stomach. He is just a slimy creature and I would hate for people to get the impression that if you're deceitful and a back stabber that you can win in life. As a cop he is definitely setting a bad example.

I would like to see Spencer win it at this point. He has got to start winning immunity challenges. Tasha has been tearing up everyone's ass on those. 

After Tony, I would like to see Kass go. I liked her in the beginning, until she started turning on her alliance.

I'm hoping the hype for tomorrow nights show is not just that, hype. I would love to see everyone start to turn on Tony. With all of his advantages that's the only way they will be able to get rid of him. 

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue May 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Indeed  IA with you rkc and will be pulling for Spencer to win that immunity idol tomorrow night!   I hope he is also just a bad cop in real life and that is not what the majority of cops are like.  He is such a slime ball and you are so right that that kind of behavior sets a bad example. 

I wonder why Kass started turning on her alliance.  

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 am

Okay.  Now I REALLY don't like Kass.  Is it possible Tony would really take her to the finale????  And Tony... for an a-hole, he really lives a blessed life.  It's looking like he has this thing in the bag.  And confident enough to keep his idol in his "bag of tricks."  * sigh *

I can only hope Spencer keeps winning immunity because when he goes, I follow.  Meh.  Perhaps curiosity will keep me tuned in to see if Kass can actually win this.  Like you, rkc, I liked her at the beginning.  Now, no.

It's too late for anyone to stop Tony from getting to the end.  But will he get any votes?  This may be a season when no one has any friends on the jury.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:38 pm

I was so glad that Spencer won immunity last night but I was sorry to see Tasha get voted off.  I would have rather seen Kass or Trish go than her.  Spencer's only hope is to keep winning the immunity idol or I have a feeling he is the next to go.

I do think that Tony (ugh!) will win it all because they will say or think that he played a good game.  It is sad that that kind of behavior gets rewarded but that seems to be how this game is played.  

As far as not having any friends on the jury that would not surprise me in the least bit.  They all seem to have to big of heads right now except maybe Spencer and Woo. 

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat May 10, 2014 8:30 am

I know.  This "playing the best game" theory is a load of crap to me.  What's a bigger load is that people buy into this lack of sportsmanship and seem enthused about underhanded behavior.  They love watching someone deceive and manipulate - applaud the behavior.

We've come a long way.  Just not sure we're on the right path.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu May 15, 2014 7:52 am

Whew!  I wasn't sure how that was going to go.  At least we're done with the idols!  The previews show Tony crying next week.  Another ploy?  I couldn't believe he voted for Trish - his unflagging supporter!  She was MUCH more loyal to him than Woo.

I'm wondering.  I think Kass would like to sit next to Tony for the vote but I don't believe she has any supporters on the jury.  Too much vindictiveness when she voted out the girls.  Spencer, on the other hand, just might turn up as the best player if he gets past next week.  Woo hasn't really "played" a game, other than riding shotgun for Tony.

What do you think?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu May 15, 2014 5:48 pm

First off I was glad it was Trish that was voted off ~ I haven't liked her since she blindsided Cliff and the LJ.  I think maybe Tony realized the maybe she couldn't be trusted either, IDK.  I really don't have a clue how it is going to go next week, All I know is that I am pulling for Spencer!!  I too was glad that Tony used up both idols last night - now Spencer just needs to beat in the immunity challenge and all will be good.  Which ones will he take with him?  I don't know for sure but I would say probably Woo and the other choice is between the devil and the deep blue sea.  Maybe I should inclued Woo in that last choice as well.  

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri May 16, 2014 7:19 am

When I was discussing the show with my daughter, I became puzzled.  HOW did Tony know they were voting for Trish?

At first, I was surprised he didn't offer her one of his idols.  Then, as the credits were running, they showed him holding up her name.  Now I'm wondering if Woo told him that the jig was up for Trish?

Even if Spencer doesn't win immunity, I'm wondering if Tony's shenanigans have shaken loose his loyal subject, Woo.  But Kass will want to take Tony to the end because he screwed over so many who trusted him.  But she's not Miss Popularity either.  And his tears won't move this ice queen.

Do you think the guys might band together and take out Kass?  It would be interesting to see three guys up for the vote.  Spencer has "played the game" without making enemies while Woo has "cruised."  I'd LOVE to see him win.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Boy I'm not sure what to think of how the final three will play out.  I just saw something this morning that I missed at the end of tribal council and that was Kass flipping Trish the finger as she was leaving.  Now I almost hope it is the three guys at the end with Spencer coming out the winner.  I didn't really care for Kass before  but that sealed it for me with her.  No 

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat May 17, 2014 7:50 am

I missed the finger flipping, too.  Jeez.  Talk about a royal b*tch!  Isn't she the one, who in the beginning, was saying how one must change their out-of-game morality to win?  Seems like she's likely this way in real life, as well.  Strategy is one thing.  Her innate meanness and spite appear to come from the heart.  I liked her in the beginning but that fell away as her true nature emerged.  The finger flipping put her on a par with Tony's sabotage of Jeremiah.

I'm rooting for Spencer.  He's been strictly stragegic without being mean.  But...we only see what the producers choose to show us.  He might be this season's designated hero.  LOL

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Mon May 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Oh, I didn't miss the finger flipping as obviously the jury didn't either as based on their total shock that Kass did it. I don't know what that woman is thinking....does she forget that even if she makes it to the final three that you still have to get the jury to vote for you? The jury tends to forgive backstabbing but I don't know how willing they will be to forgive personal attacks that are so uncalled for.

I was shocked that Tony voted to eliminate Trish. I understand that since he couldn't vote out Spencer (and btw, that immunity win of Spencer's was epic) that he had to vote out someone from his own alliance, but Trish? His loyal buddy from the beginning? I know he thinks he can win againt Kass but if he takes Woo with him I don't think he can win against him.

Spencer only has to win immunity one more time and I pray he does! I think he can take it all because he got to where he is without pissing anyone off and he did it with votes stacked against him.

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue May 20, 2014 8:40 am

I hope Kass goes this week and we see the three guys in the finale.  I think Spencer could take it, given the odds he was up against.  OR - get Tony the h*ll off the beach - but he'd probably vote for Woo.

I wonder who Kass would vote for out of the three guys.  I don't think she likes anyone.  I guess Woo would get her vote.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu May 22, 2014 2:08 am

Poor Spencer!  Well Tony got his $$$ and Woo got zip.  I was surprised the voting was so one sided.  Oh Well another season down and out.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu May 22, 2014 7:57 am

What a tragically disappointing ending!  All season, I was a Spencer booster.  Then he goes and pitches Tony as the deserving one who embodied the game?!  If not for that speech, I don't think Tony could have won.  Curses!  Foiled again.

Did you notice LJ?  He looked sick.

Once the winner was announced, I turned it off.  Tony made me sick and I didn't want to see anymore.  Any explanations on the votes?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Thu May 22, 2014 9:39 am

I watch Survivor also--since 2000! Personally, I think that Woo knew what he was doing and wasn't being totally stupid.
 when he chose to take Tony as the F2.  (That's a twist back-the game started with F2, right? then went to F3, now back to F2).    He knew that Tony could win.  Yet, I think that to him, being able to look hinself in the mirror was more important. Tony could separate his job and values from the game--but for Woo that separation didn't exist.  He struggled with his decision.  He had an alliance with Tony from the beginning.  Any loyalty in his F2 promises would be way more so to Tony as oppsed to Kass.  He may have thought it was a 50 50 chance with Tony and he was willing to take the risk, even if Kass was the better deal.  Plus, Tony made some valid points about taking her and the risks...though it may have been more Tony bs.   How much does the F2 get?  i forgot...is it 100,000?  That's not that shabby--leave with that and your integrity.  Woo has Coach's way of thinking.  Tony did play a fantastic game. Wonder if Woo is now rethinking his choice...

All this is not to say that I wouldn't have liked to see Spencer win. He looked devastated.  He really did Pale 

Another thing-looks like they did away with the Sprint Player of the Season.  Guess they just like to change it up.
Last thought, I REALLY did not like it when Kass flipped her finger-very unbecoming, totally unecessary.  Also, did not like it when Woo threw Spencer's pants in the water and took the idol.  Or when J'Tia thre out the rice.  These things are not any better than  what Tony did.  He played to win and wesn't deliberately masty to anyone or disrespectful except for the llama talk but I couldn't stand Kass our of everyone so i can excuse that-plus it was funny. And also,Tony did seem to truely be upset about voting out Trish.  Genuinely!! BUT, he knew that she oculd possibly win over him so he sacrificed her.

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm

When Spencer stood up and told everyone why they should vote for Tony, I knew it was over. As much as I liked Spencer, I wished he had just shut his mouth. You could visible see everything shift. During everyone's questions Tony had that down-trodden look on his face and Woo seemed confident....as soon as Spencer spoke up Woo was the one that looked down-trodden and Tony seemed to have a glimmer of hope. I felt bad for Trish, how visibly hurt and upset she was at Tony when she was talking to him. Do all the backstabbing you want but don't EVER swear on your wife and baby and then swear on your fathers grave. I'm sorry but that was a sick thing for Tony to do whether he wanted to win or not.

Singly, the only explanation I heard on why they voted for Tony was by Trish....I think. She said she was very upset but he is her friend and she was over being mad 5 minutes after she said what she did to him.

The terrible thing is that Jeff Probst made a comment about how Tony played the game and that he thinks more people will play that way in the future. I don't know if I'll be able to stand watching it if that happens.

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Thu May 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Did they ever show the votes?  Did Woo only get one?

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri May 23, 2014 8:05 am

rkc, I don't think I can stand another season of the likes of Russell or Tony.  I have a heartfelt aversion to programming that teaches the young it's okay to adopt this behavior - in any situation, whether it be a game or real life.

If it's okay to lie, deceive and cheat for a million dollars, how about that test you want to ace, that application for a lucrative job?  This kind of crap is an insidious strike into the morals and ethics of the young.  They're learning early that it's fine to cheat if the goals are worth it.  Even adult posters on other boards find the behavior admirable.  Huh?

I'd rather see a winner born from those who win challenges and work around camp.  Someone who fits the description of "Survivor."

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri May 23, 2014 10:20 am

singlyme wrote:rkc, I don't think I can stand another season of the likes of Russell or Tony.  I have a heartfelt aversion to programming that teaches the young it's okay to adopt this behavior - in any situation, whether it be a game or real life.

If it's okay to lie, deceive and cheat for a million dollars, how about that test you want to ace, that application for a lucrative job?  This kind of crap is an insidious strike into the morals and ethics of the young.  They're learning early that it's fine to cheat if the goals are worth it.  Even adult posters on other boards find the behavior admirable.  Huh?

I'd rather see a winner born from those who win challenges and work around camp.  Someone who fits the description of "Survivor."
 Indeed  I totally agree with you!

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Sun May 25, 2014 11:14 am

SLA44 wrote:
singlyme wrote:rkc, I don't think I can stand another season of the likes of Russell or Tony.  I have a heartfelt aversion to programming that teaches the young it's okay to adopt this behavior - in any situation, whether it be a game or real life.

I totally agree as well. That's the problem I have with it...what do people really learn from watching this?

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun May 25, 2014 11:30 am

rkc1960 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

I totally agree as well. That's the problem I have with it...what do people really learn from watching this?

They learn to deceive, cheat and lie to get what they want - "it's the American Way" .  To me that's what's so wrong!! Sad 

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Just watched this season.
Man, J'Tia was really crazy Laughing . She failed at everything.

I think Tony was great at the game! Manipulating and lieing to everyone! Cop skills Very Happy
And him making a spy shack was hilarious. LOL

At the end Spender really helped him with his speech tho.
One of my favorite winners.
I like Spencer too, hes really smart and wins alot challenges. I hope he gets in another season someday.

lolada

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum