Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News! Empty Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News!

Post by Freda3000 Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:15 pm

I am so sick of this....   I have written ABC to please run the episodes again late at night....at least I could DVR it.  (If you agree with this idea....  please let them know.)    Boy, where is SoapNet when we really need it!?!?

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News! Empty Re: Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News!

Post by 431902j Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:22 pm

I wish George S. Had his own show...not at G H time slot...I understand that need alerts are important..but not during G H...it is the only thing I watch on ABC..because I have been watching for a long time.If G H had another alternative to ABC so we could watch without news breaking in, I would never watch ABC again...
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News! Empty Re: Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News!

Post by FLPeaches Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm

431902j wrote:I wish George S. Had his own show...not at G H time slot...I understand that need alerts are important..but not during G H...it is the only thing I watch on ABC..because I have been watching for a long time.
If G H had another alternative to ABC so we could watch without news breaking in, I would never watch  ABC again...
Help    honest, you sound EXACTLY like me....
Good Morning America has what, 4-5 hours daytime "news' programming -- yet ABC chooses to butt-in for things  that can easily wait until 5pm. 
it's very annoying. Tantrum
FLPeaches
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:14 pm

You can tell by the amount of commercials during G H that it still brings in revenue...So why ABC wants to get rid of it is a mystery to me..they have to know there are loyal viewers out here...but they don't care about us...
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 pm

and so today 2/14 (Happy Valentine's Day, by the way)  we lost 10 minutes of GH, and I wanted to see the "couples", but channel 7 just couldn't wait!  then to make matters worse, when it finally comes back, it's commercial time! then we get "five" minutes more - and - another, the last one, commercial.  it stinks.  why did they ever get rid of that channel, that played all the missed soaps the same night?  it was so close to the 4 o'clock news anyway, and yet they broke in and D.M. goes on and on and on.  i know, because I kept flipping to the other major channels, 2 and 4, and they were done, but not channel 7.... i can't stand them.

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Local news interrupting for a serious weather alert is an acceptable reason. A death of a celebrity or politician could wait. A biased report about something political is unnecessary.We watch the bits and pieces we are allowed. And we have to pay to watch tv..not like the olden days when there were 4 free channels and A B C was one of them.
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Ive noticed when the local ABC station completely preempts the show they will usually play it around 2:00am if they bother to replay it at all for us so just in case I will set my DVR to record from 1:30 to 3:30 to cover my bases
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Freda3000 Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:59 pm

moon0627 wrote:Ive noticed when the local ABC station completely preempts the show they will usually play it around 2:00am if they bother to replay it at all for us so just in case I will set my DVR to record from 1:30 to 3:30 to cover my bases

Oh, wow, I didn't know this...  is this true for all stations?

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 pm

moon0627 wrote:Ive noticed when the local ABC station completely preempts the show they will usually play it around 2:00am if they bother to replay it at all for us so just in case I will set my DVR to record from 1:30 to 3:30 to cover my bases
well moon, according to my previous post in loosing "at least 10 minutes" - when I played ABC for Valentine's Day at 8PM, i was lucky if i got 2 or 3 minutes of the missed 10 minutes!  so that shows you, that you can't recover what was lost - or - is it the fact that the commercials make up "30 minutes"  of the entire 1 hour show!  i tell you moon, you watch 5 minutes of TV, then 5 minutes of commercials!  And it repeats over and over for the full 1 hour!   Obviously that's the reason we are able to watch the programs, but it stinks, never the less.  
according to your post, is it only IF the entire program is preempted?  would like to know.  and thank you for your input.

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Yes , in my case in the bay area, the local tv station only plays at 2am if the entire program is preempted for a local news story … if its nationwide news the show is usually totally cancelled and played the following day.  If they postpone the beginning of the show (for weather or whatever) or interrupt the show partially, they will not play GH later - we are just out of luck Sad
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:13 pm

I am so angry...not good for my blood pressure...the entire show preempted for political $#1T...again..George Snufflufagus (or whatever) is getting old and unattractive..he used to be a cutie...but then, so did I...tee hee..but not everyone wants to see him...especially at G H time !!! There, My rant for today
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Arrghhhh!!! Another Pre-Emption for News! Empty If You Want to Let ABC Know How You Feel

Post by Freda3000 Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:57 pm

431902j wrote:I am so angry...not good for my blood pressure...the entire show preempted for political $#1T...again..George Snufflufagus (or whatever) is getting old and unattractive..he used to be a cutie...but then, so did I...tee hee..but not everyone wants to see him...especially at G H time !!! There, My rant for today
...  you can call the network at  818-460-7477.     I don't see why they have to pre-empt the show when folks can see hearings on cable news channels.  Not to mention all the coverage on all the nightly news shows on broadcast channels.

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:22 pm

I doubt it would do any good to call the network about pre-empting since they are in competition with other networks for viewers and they must figure that more people out there want to see current events over a soap opera so unfortunately I think we are in the minority  Crying or Very sad
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:24 pm

OK they did the right thing (finally) by showing yesterday's episode today..it was a pivotal episode and skipping it would have rendered following episodes incomprehensible.. I could have understood it it had been preempted to show the President's diplomatic trip to VietNam...but just more finger pointing and saying "liar,liar pants on fire" was a waste of that hour...in my opinion..feel free to disagree..Anyway I loved every minute of this episode ! !
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 pm

Friday's episode was preempted except for the final 15 minutes...but was for good cause..President visited Alabama to see the tornado damage that killed 23 people and destroyed much of the town....I was able to watch Friday's episode on On Demand..it was our local news channel that handled the coverage..So I didn't miss anything.
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top