Post by Babs2147 on Tue May 22, 2018 12:40 am

They didn't give us much time to vote.  I hit the SUBMIT button 1/2 sec. before
cutoff.  NEVER AGAIN!
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 26 - Athletes

Post by Psychee22 on Tue May 22, 2018 1:17 am

Well, I wasn't very impressed with Adam's Freestyle, but he was the most accomplished dancer in the group and worked his a$$ off, so I can't begrudge him the win.  

One of these days Sharna will hoist that MBT.  What matters most, though, is that she had fun this season.  I really liked their freestyle, and I became very fond of Josh.

Sasha's Freestyle was totally packed with wow moments, though, wasn't it?  A lot of athleticism displayed there!  It was like he loosed Tonya out of ballroom hold and could no longer contain her.  Loads of energy there.  Really enjoyed it.
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 am

Well  ... the season was underwhelming.

I much prefer the regular season,at least we get to see more dancing.When the "winner" is so obvious from the start at least we should get to see more dancing.Four weeks is just too short a time for the show.  
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Tue May 22, 2018 2:58 pm

So Adam and Jenna won. Can't say I'm surprised. I've said week one they are the ones to beat. At the same time I must say I'm not that excited. Winning is easy with a guy like Adam, as it was for Witney with Alfonso. After that freestyle though, I thought they were lucky to get enough votes. Sorry Jenna, but when you have guy who can dance like that, why don't you let him dance? Bruno's ten was generous. For me, Josh and Sharna's freestyle had the most impact, with Tonya and Sasha's close behind. Sasha in particular redeemed himself this season. I had expected Tonya Harding to be a train wreck and get eliminated first, but what he did to turn it into such a great experience for her is remarkable.

Just because someone around her apparently forgot that: Jenna's first pro appearance with Jake T Whoever wasn't that glorious, and it was Sharna 'the victim-blamer' who secured her a place in the spotlight later that season.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 pm

So... I believe that next season will be normal one and that, in addition to that, they will also air a second DWTS show for JUNIORS, on Sunday night.  That show, consisting of school-age children, will all be taped this summer while the kids don't have school, the results of which will be kept secret  until it is aired.  I guess if World of Dance can keep the winner a secret, DWTS might be able to.  We'll see...

The pros -- most of them, anyway, will also be youngsters.  And Tom will not host.  There are some rumors circulating that one of the Irwin kids might do the hosting, but that is just rumor.  And there are other rumors that pros from DWTS who helped out juniors in SYTYCD might be involved in this show as well... that would be Emma and Sasha and Jenna and ?  

As for this four-week athlete season, Tom Bergeron believes it was just an experiment that will not be repeated.  

I can't say that it was all that bad.  It was short, but I liked the idea that I wasn't tied up with it for 10 weeks.  This show can get addicting.
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue May 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Babs2147 wrote:They didn't give us much time to vote.  I hit the SUBMIT button 1/2 sec. before
cutoff.  NEVER AGAIN!

Yeah, they kind of expected you to have already logged in and just waiting to refresh your screen at the moment that Tom told us to do so.
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word on Tue May 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Is that the way the time to vote is every season, so short like that?  It's like everything is shorter this season LOL.
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Thu May 24, 2018 11:56 am

skt8word wrote:Is that the way the time to vote is every season, so short like that?  It's like everything is shorter this season LOL.

In the past, they tried a couple of times to do some instant stuff on Twitter and Facebook (?)  but I don't recall that it was for anything crucial to ultimate standing.  This instant voting in real time to determine standing in the finale was a very new thing.  We are used to a two day finale with voting overnight between the two days.  

But you are right about everything being shorter this season.  

Everyone trying to do more in less time to maximize profits.  

Instant voting,  instant gratification.

But I noticed that they left (the anti-)social media out of it this time, which is a good thing. Not one mention of voting via Facebook this season.
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu May 24, 2018 12:46 pm

There was fb voting Psychee. It's how I voted. 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Thu May 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Lesallee wrote:There was fb voting Psychee. It's how I voted. 

Ah..  I thought they only mentioned that the voting was on ABC.  Did I miss a mention of FB? 

Or was the FB voting you used just the FB portal to login to ABC so folks who always used that doorway did not have to set up new accounts? 
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 pm

I voted through my fb account. Canadians are prohibited from voting on ABC due to geo-constraints. I use a VPN and could have voted on ABC using that but I had it turned off and didn't bother voting that way. I believe you need a fb account to vote on fb. 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum