Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by suebob16 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

I enjoyed Lindsey S and Jordan Fisher Monday night and knew that they would do well.  Although I did spread out my votes, I have a feeling they will be the ones to make it to the end.  I want to see Mark incorporate Lindsey's violin skills in a dance, and I think it will eventually happen if she makes it to the finals.  

Lindsey made her first public appearance years ago on America's Got Talent when Piers Morgan was still a judge.  Lindsey lasted a number of weeks but had not yet fine tuned her performances to what she is doing now, and Piers expressed his doubts that she could make it in entertainment.  She eventually got cut but would go on to build her career on YouTube.  So props to Lindsey for making her dream come true.

Two eliminations next week?  I'm hoping Debbie Gibson isn't one of the ones to go first.  I liked seeing her and Alan together and would like to see her last longer.
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm

I saw the shots that are already being taken at Vanessa.  Booo!!   A handsome husband,partner and a beautiful bestie(Peta) at least during the show..just jealous I say!!
 I too could have done without Mark another season, or at least this partnership. Not really that challenging for him.
 It still chaps my behind about the Canadian vote during Hinches season.  You're right about Emma sis, I mean look how far she toolk Bill, Hayes and the race car driver Michael.....the personality of Dew is already there the dancing will come!
    Barbara may be a little rough around the edges , but I too believe that wasn't on purpose. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

So Jimmy Kimmel predicts that Derek Fisher will win DWTS. I think Derek does have potential, and he's got Sharna. I like him but I don't see it as a slam dunk right now.
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 am

It's just a fun thing Jimmy Kimmel started  doing. NO one is a slam dunk (lol cute).

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:40 pm

It  is an intriguing thought however. Sharna has had two partners that could be expected to win. We know what happened in both cases. Is it really impossible for her to win with the unexpected one? Derek has natural rhythm, body control, strength, and determination. Lindsey may not make it if people think she's too good from the start- and that could be the chance for a guy from the middle of the pack.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Just dropping by to add my two cents to the conversation about Lindsay Stirling.

1.  Lindsay is not a "pro".  She has never had regular dance class instruction.  The few lessons she has had have been from consultants for her videos to improve what she spontaneously was able to come up with in her role as "the dancing violinist".  So she had one lady who worked with her a bit to increase her repertoire of dance moves she could do while playing the violin -- like two work sessions.  At one point later she was challenged by a friend to compete in an internet game where a few people were paired up with a hip-hop dance instructor for a few weeks and the couples danced each week and were voted on by the internet as to who was best. Finally, the incredible Paso / AT fusion performance she did with Derek Hough in her video "The Arena" was accomplished after only TWO DAYS of training.  That's it.  Derek said that she is the most natural dancer he had ever met.  Her innately flexible and graceful body just takes to dancing like a duck to water.  

2.  Lindsay is as real of a person as you could want to see.  In her quiet moments she is quite "self examining", if that is a term. In her late teens she was anorexic and almost died.  She threw herself into her art as a form of therapy (after formal therapy, that is) and largely succeeded through the force of her need, and the help of a young man who played electronic media with her.  That partnership ended when he died of cancer a couple of years ago.  For awhile she felt quite lost and lost confidence but when she reached a point where she felt "empty", she returned to her Mormon roots and re-alligned her life to make her faith more central to her existence.  Today she is quite a Mormon evangelist when the setting is appropriate, crediting them with saving her life.  

3.  Her upbeat nature today is thus much more akin to Lindsey Arnold and the bunch of other Mormons on the show -- all of whom she knows behind the scenes and is friends with (which also explains why she feels so at home on set among them).   They approach life --at least publicly and with each other-- with a unique kind of positivity that is almost a trademark for them.  But it sure seems to be backed by a fierce work ethic.  Anything worth doing is worth "doing right" for them. And that talent pool runs deep.

4.  Of course she would ask for Mark if she could not have Derek.  And the show would grant her wish because he was the best match for her, in height, in personality, in artistic creativity, and in the whole "Christian" thing. Matches are assigned by perceived potential chemistry, and this match is a perfect one. And I can certainly see that Mark would come back to the show expressly for her.  They have known each other for some time, she's fun to be with, and she is definitely a contender.

5.  What folks probably don't realize is that unlike the typical contestant on this show, Lindsay does not need this exposure.  She is already immensely popular.  For example, she has ten times the number of YouTube subscribers to her channel that Lady Gaga has (8.9 million vs 800K). Her live performances are in high demand and sell out fast.  No, she's in this strictly because she LIKES TO DANCE and thought it would be a bloomin' blast to be part of the show. 

And I am sure that Mark would love to win again, but for him, the big draw is the chance to be creative again with a partner whose skill set is apparently unlimited.  His singing gigs have not given him much of chance to be a creative dancer;  he has mostly had his creativity restricted to his song writing.  So for both of them it is a new chance to spread their creativity wings and fly (and get paid to do something they love to do). 

6.  All of that is to say that this couple should deliver some fine entertainment for us and help the ratings as they do so -- and I think there is something in that for everyone.

7. For those who hope they will not earn the MBT, take heart that as November rolls around and more dances are expected, Lindsay's winter concert series will require her to go on the road with her new show and do about five concerts, so she'll be extra challenged.  And it isn't as though she is the only naturally good dancer in this season's lineup.  Jordan is shockingly good as well and the next tier of dancers all have lots of potential to shine and become America's favorite of the season.  

Lindsay is good, she is VERY good, but from my perspective, she has some fine competition to keep things interesting. 

::off the soapbox::
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 pm

People probably think she looks like a pro.  As far as upbeat nature, I haven't watched her enough yet to get a good idea of what I think of her.  If she were more Kellie Pickler than Lindsay Arnold, it would annoy me, but that's just me.  You can be upbeat but not be annoying about it.  I don't find Lindsay Arnold annoying.  I find Kellie Pickler very annoying.  Not everyone is going to like a particular person.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Remember on the old MB they used to call people like her "ringers"!  LOL!
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Yeah.  I'm waiting for that term to pop up.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Maria Christine wrote:Vanessa & Maks: The beginning :lol!: her dancing was pretty good!  A little off balance near the end but overall probably the best cha-cha of the night.
Lindsey and Mark had the best Cha Cha of the night, IMHO. In fact, I believe they had the best dance of the night with Jordan right behind. Vanessa is in third place and I believe she will be in the finals with Lindsey and Jordan.
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Every time I make predictions at the beginning I'm wrong, so I'm not predicting anything this early. Before the show even started the odds were that Nick & Peta were going to win. Not me---Vegas.
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:46 pm

There was some Cha Cha in Lindsyas and Marks, but there was a little MJ and the move that JH calls the Shirley Ballas move which must be universal ,because Mark used it in Sadies Samba and used it twice for Lindsay.
Vanessa had the best actual Cha Cha.  Just my opnion.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Wonderful words from Val.

Like many people out there, I have my moments of severe doubt. Insecurity. I constantly finding myself questioning not just my own worth but also my impact on the world. How am I contributing? What will I leave behind? Am I really going to be simply remembered as "that guy from that dance show"? With endless gratitude and the utmost respect, the answer is...absolutely not. Not sure what the future holds for me, but I am so grateful for today. That today, I get to be a part of a story that has the power to change so many lives. Victoria Arlen has given me a purpose beyond the dance floor, she has given me an opportunity of a lifetime.. to be able to make an impact on a very special community and beyond. Today I'm showing up to work, as a man with a higher purpose and a drive beyond just doing another turn or dip, even though I think we can all agree that there are very few things more fun than a good 'ol dip Smile I'm going to work knowing that with this great opportunity comes a massive responsibility. I'm going to seize the blessings that are right there in front of me, not a single breath for granted, not a moment left empty of joy and gratitude, and who knows maybe though the laughter the struggle the ultimate joy we show on Monday, we can inspire the next Victoria Arlen. Thank you to these superheroes for their love and support but most of all thank you to their families that keep on keeping on and never giving up on their love for life and each other. Thank you for giving me perspective and teaching me to live life to my absolute fullest #teamViVa #DWTS @projectwalkboston @arlenv1 @dancingabc
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 am

Psychee2 wrote:
7. For those who hope they will not earn the MBT, take heart that as November rolls around and more dances are expected, Lindsay's winter concert series will require her to go on the road with her new show and do about five concerts, so she'll be extra challenged.  And it isn't as though she is the only naturally good dancer in this season's lineup.  Jordan is shockingly good as well and the next tier of dancers all have lots of potential to shine and become America's favorite of the season.  
Lindsay is good, she is VERY good, but from my perspective, she has some fine competition to keep things interesting. 
Great to have you back, Psychee!  After reading your very informative post, I like Lindsay even more. Smile
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:47 pm

I think another couple to watch is Victoria and Val. Victoria is such a genuine, joyous person and Val is perfect for her. He will take her on a wonderful journey this season..With Vals passion and Victorias enthusiasm they will do an amazing job!!  So happy Val is back this season!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Hey sister Babs, what a way to start S25 with Alan and Sharna! Love  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:08 pm

I saw where Sharna and Derek are doing the Foxtrot on Monday and Paso on Tuesday.....anyone know about any others?  Two dances in week 2 Whew

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Monday is Ballroom Night with the first elimination.  Tuesday is Latin Night with the second elimination.

Ballroom Night:

Barbara & Keo: Tango to "Whatever Lola Wants" by Sarah Vaughan

Debbie & Alan: Quickstep to "This is My Time" by Amy Stroup

Derek & Sharna: Foxtrot to "Hallelujah, I Love Her So" by Ray Charles

Drew & Emma: Quickstep to "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Louis Prima

Frankie & Witney: Tango to "Whatever It Takes" by Imagine Dragons

Jordan & Lindsay: Viennese Waltz to "Count on Me" by Judah Kelly

Lindsey & Mark: Quickstep to "Swing Set" by Jurassic 5

Nick & Peta: Foxtrot to "Mandy" by Barry Manilow

Nikki & Artem: Waltz to "Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones

Sasha & Gleb: Viennese Waltz to "I'm Going Down" by Rose Royce

Terrell & Cheryl: Foxtrot to "Pillow Talk" by ZAYN

Vanessa & Maks: Foxtrot to "Hit Me with a Hot Note" by Tami Tappan Damiano

Victoria & Val: Tango to "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift

Latin Night:

Barbara & Keo: Cha-cha-cha to "Bongolia" by Incredible Bongo Band

Debbie & Alan: Argentine Tango to "Havana" (feat. Young Thug) by Camila Cabello

Derek & Sharna: Paso Doble to "Diablo Rojo" by Rodrigo y Gabriela

Drew & Emma: Rumba to "Lights Down Low" (feat. nash) by Max

Frankie & Witney: Cha-cha-cha to "Perm" by Bruno Mars

Jordan & Lindsay: Samba to "Mi Gente" by J. Balvin & Willy William

Lindsey & Mark: Salsa to "Mani Picao" by Ricky Campanelli

Nick & Peta: Argentine Tango to "She's a Lady" by Lion Babe

Nikki & Artem: Samba to "Despasito" (feat. Daddy Yankee) by Luis Fonsi

Sasha & Gleb: Samba to "Most Girls" by Hailee Steinfeld

Terrell & Cheryl: Samba to "Hot in Herre" by Nelly

Vanessa & Maks: Salsa to "Instruction" (feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don) by Jax Jones

Victoria & Val: Rumba to "Easy" by Sky Ferreira

Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:20 am

Thanks A lot of dancing!!  I'm guessing with still so many people it will be 2hrs both nights. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 am

Uh, oh, Vanessa has hurt her toe. I hope she is a fast healer 'cause there are so many dances looming. 

[size=46]'That Hurts My Soul': Vanessa Lachey Suffers Bloody Injury During [/size][size=46]DWTS[/size][size=46] Rehearsal with Maksim Chmerkovskiy[/size]
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:25 am

The multi talented Scott brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP_nuvXQQZM
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
Just dropping by to add my two cents to the conversation about Lindsay Stirling.
I really don't think anyone here 'hopes they will not earn the MBT'. If Mark challenges her like he did with Paige or maybe even more, that should be fun to watch. But we all know Paige didn't win either, and that is what often happens when you're too good from the start. There are countless examples even without the often mentioned girl from season six.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Lesallee wrote:The multi talented Scott brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP_nuvXQQZM
Thanks for posting that. They act too, Drew was in a Hallmark movie... he was the guy she broke up with. Countdown to Christmas on Hallmark, can't wait.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks from me too..I did not know about all of these other things about these handsome, fun guys!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Delete

Last edited by Lesallee on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content