Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Glittersisgld on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 pm

You should post the whole picture so we can see it.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Here it is and I hope it works:

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 pm

I hope I'm allowed to do that, I don't think I've ever posted a pic on here.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 pm

peebeeb wrote:I hope I'm allowed to do that, I don't think I've ever posted a pic on here.
Even more beautiful..Thx  Very Happy
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:45 am

It looked better onscreen though that web cam is an older one, the newer HD one ended up having issues.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:28 am

Even with the injuries, Jordan & Lindsay proved themselves to be the couple
to beat next week.  10's aren't high enough for that stupendous jive! Applause
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:43 am

Yes, I think that Jordan and Lindsay will be America's "Feel Good" win next week.   Even though some people like to rag about Jordan being too good, too trained, etc., I don't know anyone who would not like Lindsay to win her first MBT.  She may have been given a champion from the get go this season, but she has also brought people to the finals who no one thought had a chance in hell in the past.  She's a very talented teacher and choreographer.  And Jordan is a phenomenal dancer who works very hard and just makes things that are difficult look easy.

Anyway, I'd be happy with that outcome.  
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 am

I do wish that Victoria had been more psychologically prepared for this elimination, though.  She was clearly quite upset and that's hard to watch. 
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

Did anyone dance beside Jordan and Lindsay? I forgot everyone but them and that jive! Not really, but oh boy, that was phenomenal and destined to be a DWTS iconic dance. 

Beyond J & L I didn't think it was a great night of dancing. Oh, I did love Victoria's and Val's Charleston. I did not enjoy the two contemporaries, the troubles and travails of Victoria and Lindsey have been explored exhaustively this season and I'm tired of it. 

I was very surprised to see Victoria go; I really thought Drew would be eliminated. Fan base of course is the reason. I so admire Emma's teaching/coaching style. She nurtures and that's how she brings less talented dancers to positions you think they will never attain.

Well on to the finals where my fearless (ha!) prediction says Jordan/Lindsay for the MBT with Lindsey and Mark second. Probably Frankie/Witney third as I think Frankie's popularity is greater than Drew's.

On a purely superficial note: I hate that mess of hair Lindsey sports most of the time. She's not a kid and that look is so unflattering.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Beautiful picture.  Thanks, peebeeb.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Yes, Jordan for the win.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 pm

I liked the dances but am no fan of the contemporary so was not impressed with those.I didn't think Drew did very well,I think he deserves the bottom spot.

The iconic tango was done much better by the original couple imho  .... Smile
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm

I wasn't crazy about that song, especially for a tango.  I don't understand why Emma would pick it other than it sounded Scottish.  It was too fast, not sexy, plus it's been overplayed.  I liked what they were wearing though.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm

I really love Emma ... since she was partnered with Bill Engvall she has been my favourite.
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Lesallee wrote:Did anyone dance beside Jordan and Lindsay? I forgot everyone but them and that jive! Not really, but oh boy, that was phenomenal and destined to be a DWTS iconic dance. 

Beyond J & L I didn't think it was a great night of dancing. Oh, I did love Victoria's and Val's Charleston. I did not enjoy the two contemporaries, the troubles and travails of Victoria and Lindsey have been explored exhaustively this season and I'm tired of it. 

I was very surprised to see Victoria go; I really thought Drew would be eliminated. Fan base of course is the reason. I so admire Emma's teaching/coaching style. She nurtures and that's how she brings less talented dancers to positions you think they will never attain.

Well on to the finals where my fearless (ha!) prediction says Jordan/Lindsay for the MBT with Lindsey and Mark second. Probably Frankie/Witney third as I think Frankie's popularity is greater than Drew's.

On a purely superficial note: I hate that mess of hair Lindsey sports most of the time. She's not a kid and that look is so unflattering.

I agree with you Lesallee with about how the finals may end up.  I have been split voting all season with Lindsey S and Jordan.  Personally I'm rooting for Lindsey, but I will not be unhappy if Jordan wins--he has been so good all season, and the most consistent.

Lindsey and Mark don't have the same kind of chemistry that Meryl and Maks had, so it must have been a challenge to recreate the M & M Tango.  It was a good dance, but it didn't have the same magic.  I hope they knock it out of the ballpark with their Freestyle next week.  

Very brave of Emma to allow Drew to do that swing maneuver.  What is it called--death spiral?  Her head looked awfully close to the floor!

Here's hoping to a fun finals!  It's going to depend on the Freestyles, and I hope all the teams have great ones.
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 am

Both Lindsay Arnold and Emma seem to love being lifted and swung around by their male partners in their risk defying badass choreography.  
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:45 pm

I don't remember who actually said it- Carrie Ann, maybe- but Drew's Tango indeed looked more like a Quickstep. Not that impressive.
As much as I liked seeing Jenna dance alongside Val, it took the focus from Victoria, and the choreography was expressive, yet rather simple compared to Lindsey and Mark's approach. I liked that one better.
Like Emma, Lindsay didn't pick the best possible tune for the dance style. It was technically brilliant, but for me it totally lacked the mood of the AT. With appropriate music it probably would have been a perfect thirty.
Frankie's Salsa was better than I thought it would be. Not perfect, but the guy was pretty loose. On behalf of all the normal men out there, thanks for opening the shirt.
These iconic dances can give you a headache. Interesting though to see the different approaches. It was pretty clear upfront that Drew could never master what Karina and Witney had put together for Corbin; so maybe in this case it was for the better that there wasn't much left of their choreography.
Val, Lindsay, and Mark used elements of the originals and gave it their own flavour. This time Val made the right decision by completely changing the setting. That made Victoria less comparable to Amber. She was far better than in the first round anyway.
Side note: Amber's Charleston was far from perfection in Week 3. But we all know Derek. When the judges picked it for the redemption round in the finals, he left nothing to chance.
Jordan and Lindsay payed hommage to Paige and Mark by the red dresses, then a quick change and off they went to prove they could keep up with them.
Mark's task was probably the most difficult. That Tango was a highlight of Season 18 and is pumped with emotional memories for many of us. Maks himself said it the best imo. It's a different season and a different couple, and without comparing it to M&M, it was a great performance. Just Meryl is untouchable.
And then there was Witney. Out of all the pros, she was the only one who left the original choreography untouched, which definitely added pressure to both her and Frankie. They did not match the original, but who could blame them? Respect for even trying.
I'm glad Lindsay was able to perform, although if any other pro could have stepped in seamlessly, it would have been Sharna. Remember Sharnick's Jive from the finals? Same energy level as Paige and Mark.
As much as I love Emma, but Drew in the finals doesn't feel right with Nikki, Vanessa, and now Victoria gone. This popularity voting can be such a distortion.

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:11 pm

I must say I gritted my teeth a bit when Emma was being flung around by Drew  ... it looked a bit off to me but I must say it was a daring move.
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:15 pm

That death spiral scared the bejeepers out of me. I am a figure skating fan and skaters will use that move. And that scares me every time. I did think Drew looked smashing in his kilt!
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Yeah, but the skaters are professional.  Lol!  How do these pros trust these newbies to the dance floor?  At least Drew is a tall guy.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Beautiful picture.  Thanks, peebeeb.
Thanks, it's probably one of the loveliest sunsets I've ever seen on the lake. Haven't been back there since my mom's funeral.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Oakma wrote:I liked the dances but am no fan of the contemporary so was not impressed with those.I didn't think Drew did very well,I think he deserves the bottom spot.

The iconic tango was done much better by the original couple imho  .... Smile
I didn't feel any of the iconic dances measured up to the originals.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Oakma wrote:I really love Emma ... since she was partnered with Bill Engvall she has been my favourite.
Emma and Bill... one of my absolute favorite couples. Just seeing their names paired makes me smile.  Very Happy
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

I might be saying 'I don't care' a lot , but for reasons you may or may not think.

Drew-Proper Tango, technique...not so much, but   IDC! It was soooo much fun!! 
Iconic Jazz!?!?   You gave it a good go Drew and Emma I noticed you had your hands over your head(just in case) smart girl!!  Good job!!

Victoria-Contemporary  This was my next to the favorite dance of the night. Deserved 10's imo.  Victoria did a good job I thought, music choreography, interpretation all good. Did you use the theme of her parents Val so you could bring in the LL Jenna...don't know and IDC!! I loved it!
Iconic Charleston...I think Victorias personality comes out best in the faster dances so good job. To me this was the easiest of the Iconic dances to do, I mean come on, you're doing a dance that the original Pro uses hand dancing and dances with tables and chairs..(miss you, love you Derek LoL.)

Jordan-Ok missed the mark on this one a little, but IDC because I thought that was so cool how much he wants to be a good brother....when they showed his brother I thought it was a young Prince, kinda freaked me out.
Iconic Jive..absolute best dance!! IDC if Jordan was a pro, trained, took a million dance lessons, that Jive reallllly showed what that guy is made of!!   Lindsay too!! Bow  I bow down to 'Jordans Jive'!!

Lindsey-contemporary... Well instead of 'I don't care', I go with 'I didn't care' for this...nuff said
Iconic Tango-   I had such high hopes for this dance, because she is a good dancer and the AT she did with Derek in her video was awesome!! They should have made it their own Tango, M&M moves were crisp and classy, Lindseys were sharp and jerky. Also what was that her yelling out those 'ha yaa  hi yaa ' noises with an angry looking face kind of like people do in the Paso. Wierd Confused  

Frankie-Salsa Oh Frankie....spray on abs, troupe lifting you up to the net Laughing  ,only you Frankie, but hey you had some pretty good moves in there!!
Iconic Paso-Probably I'm the only one that really liked this and thought they did a darn good job of the original  and guess what....IDC Giggle

Well we bid adieu to Victoria, and she was not happy, but then who would be the week before the finals even though imo she should have been gone long before.  Guess the cat got her tongue that she couldn't even say anything!! Entitled much!! Even her Dad was a little rude when Jordan tried to talk to him and he just kind of huffed and looked away.....        

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:40 am

Why was Victoria so ill-equipped to deal with leaving?  I don't remember anyone else acting that way before.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum