Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 22 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:13 pm

Vanessa and Maks- I loved this!! What a great video set up Biting nails and yes Vanessa it was Spooktacular!! Afraid Great job with the Halloween vibe Maks!! CA is right, Vanessa really learned to be a strong dancer......Loved Vanessas personality and attitude!!  Class Act!! Take a bow  Loved the bow she and Maks did after the judges remarks......took me back to Maks and Mel b. Smile  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 22 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Terrell and Cheryl- Terrell no matter what you are doing you make me smile!  Good job on the Tango and your attitude toward learning...you just might sneak in there and get that MB!  Cheryl keep molding and creating!! He already has a good heart and a great personality and fantastic posture! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 pm

Lindsey and Mark- Good news for all you Lindsey fans she's fine and will be back next week.  When others have had injury's and the judges say they notice it like CA did of Lindsey they score them lower, Danica comes to mind, but  not with Lindsey. When they were at the urgent care neither one seemed that emotional about her 'maybe having to drop out'. No tears from Linds til back at the studio, but she cries a lot. At the beginning of the show she was all bouncing around. Her dances to me are starting to look the same as in how she dances in her videos, so it was like watching one of her videos and she does have amazing footwork. Riverdance, that's what it reminded me of.   She did not seem hurt to me while she was doing the dance, hard time catching her breath which is understandable,   then fine for team dance. Great costumes and makeup!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:24 pm

Frankie and Witney-Yes this was an appropriate dance for the correct interpretation of the dance.   Eerie, a little frightening,  Shock things that go bump in the night Biting nails is it real or my imagination Confused, as oppose to Bindi using the song about a stalker to dance a love tribute to her deceased father, that was just plain creepy.  Witney your brilliant!! Frankie you did a really good job and you are very lucky you got Witney to take you on this journey!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 pm

Lesallee wrote:
Walker7 wrote:I just want to say, this is the worst elimination ever on DWTS.  It is worse than any shocking elimination that has ever occurred previously.

This elimination shocked me for sure. No warning it would be a double elimination just bang, you'both going home. I think I saw Maks' jaw drop when Tom said that.
I agree the absolutely worst ever!  Mad!
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:33 pm

Drew and Emma-Good job on keeping your mouths shut on the misstep!! Of course it wasn't to hard to do with the way the choreography was.  Drew you need to get Jordan and Lindsey out of your head, you obviously have a good fan base and the team dance scores probably helped.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:41 pm

They should have danced to Time Warp instead of Monster Mash, though I think they danced to Time Warp last Halloween, but it's a much better song. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Team Dances.....from what I understand Drew won the toss so he picked the music then Terrell the stars.
  Team Monster Mash- What I heard was.....Not a good song, Lindseys hurt, Len doesn't like silly, What I think is .......your team has the king choreographer of and can make something out of even MM, Lindsey seemed to dance just fine, Len has liked silly,I think, but i'm sure he likes good dancing.  I'm not sure about CAs comment on dummying it down, but no matter the theme the dancing could have been better than it was. 8's were right.  Ok Jordan and Lindsey fans, don't get your knickers in a twist the score is not going to hurt them at all. Terrell is the only one that it hurt.   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 pm

You mean you're not sure what CA meant by dumbing it down or you don't agree with her?  That kind of made sense to me since it didn't seem to have the pizzazz it could have had.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 pm

Team Phantom of the Ballroom-   Choreography..spectacular! Vanessa, Frankie, Drew, and Victoria your 20 secs were superb!   Vanessa and Maks when you did that sweeping Waltz around the floor..beautiful !! Drew and Emma the lift  was flawless! Victoria and Val great lift!! Frankie your hosting in the beginning ....the perfect touch!!

The only thing I noticed   was at the end when they all ran toward the center it seemed like Victoria did have trouble running, but it didn't detract from anything.... CongratsTeam Phantom of the Ballroom!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:You mean you're not sure what CA meant by dumbing it down or you don't agree with her?  That kind of made sense to me since it didn't seem to have the pizzazz it could have had.

I wasn't sure if she meant because of Lindsey being hurt or just the dancing in general. Probably the dancing in general.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:29 pm

I thought she meant the stronger dancers were dancing to match the weaker dancers.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:33 pm

I think you're right, that makes sense.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:36 pm

Update on Lindsey.  

She has a dislocated floating rib.  From what I have read, the floating ribs are the two on the bottom that aren't connected in the front.  They get dislocated with hyper flexing and twisting.  The cartilage and muscles under and around them then get swollen and inflamed in a way that any further twisting or bending sends pain waves throughout the trunk.  When that happens it even hurts to take a breath.  

So it is sort of like a twisted sprained ankle of the abdomen. 

There is no break so she doesn't have to worry about any internal organs getting punctured, but she's going to have to deal with this for awhile. 

Going forward, like Bindi with the raw toenails that have fallen off, Lindsey will pretend not to be hurting as much as she is able.  Dramatizing injury is not in the Mormon playbook;  thinking happy thoughts to distract herself from the pain is. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:They should have danced to Time Warp instead of Monster Mash, though I think they danced to Time Warp last Halloween, but it's a much better song. 
Time Warp was used for the opening, which I thought was rather weak and disappointing in terms of choreography. The last time they used it for a group performance was Season 19: Team Creepy with Tommy, Alfonso, Sadie, and Antonio.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:38 pm

It was that long ago?  It seems like yesterday.  I thought of the song because they used it for the intro and they should have used it for a group dance instead of Monster Mash.  Time Warp seems much better suited to dancing. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Meanwhile I have swallowed my anger and had a second run to do everyone justice.

Victoria's VW would have been killer on Ballroom Night week two, but given the Halloween theme, it lacked visual impact. Even wardrobe and make-up were rather modest. No wonder it pleased Len though.
Jordan's Paso was insanely good, I'm with Bruno here. I actually loved the music as well. Yes, it was a modern track, but it provided the right accentuation. Reminded me of Alfonso's trio Paso to Turn Down For What, which incidentially also featured Lindsay. Btw: I don't think she is just re-using someone else's choreography. She's pretty creative on her own. She probably had in mind what Len had said about Mark (w/ Sadie) and Sharna (w/ James) and their graveyard Pasos, and she took it to heart.

Nikki's Jive was clean and precise, yet somehow underwhealming. Carrie Ann was right, she was so focused on doing it right that the performance suffered a bit. Still I'm sad to see her leave. Artem is connecting with his partners so much better now. He has almost changed as much as Maks imo.
Vanessa was the opposite. The technique may have suffered a bit, but girl you performed the crap out of that number. Same for Maks, who channelled the zombie so much that there was no room for the Spanish lines of the matador. Nobody minded it except Len...
Squeezed in between Vanessa and Lindsey with their powerful Pasos it was hard for Terrell to leave a mark with a Ballroom Tango, but he did. And he brings out the softer side of Cheryl Burke that I haven't seen since Jack Osborne.
It almost seems Mark has decided to stay away from the big productions this season, but it works. I was surprised to see the similarities between Irish Folk, Western Line Dancing, and Flamenco. That was so clever! I would have expected a ten from Bruno at least. Injury or not, Lindsey's footwork was phenomenal. Just that one leg stretched back should be ironed out. It's becoming repetitive.
I'm still struggling with Frankie's contemporary. As a performance, a pantomime to music, it was great. Witney's dancing was top notch. The few dance moves he had however looked awkward to me. Three tens were too generous. It wasn't as challenging technically as Jordan's Contemporary from week four; which only got 29. I didn't trust my ears though when Frankie thanked Witney for "helping with the choreography". Oh boy...
Drew may have landed on his butt at one point, but that only goes to show what a seasoned live performer Emma is. The rest was fun and high energy. Better than last week anyway.

The team-dances were marked correctly imo, but obviously Lindsay and Mark are better head to head than side by side. Still I disagree with Len about Team Phantom delivering the most polished performance ever. Credit goes to Team Past from Season 23 featuring James and an injured Sharna- though it wasn't a Halloween theme. For etertainment value, no one beats Team Spooky Bom Bom from Season 17 featuring Bill and Emma.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:It was that long ago?  It seems like yesterday.  I thought of the song because they used it for the intro and they should have used it for a group dance instead of Monster Mash.  Time Warp seems much better suited to dancing. 
Yes, it was that long ago. Couldn't believe it myself at first. However, it's a song I could do without anyway. And Monster Mash was boring as hell. Why not look for something that hasn't been used before, like they did on Strictly's Halloween Night? They used songs like Trouble by Coldplay, Maneater by Nelly Furtado, or even Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, and the audience went nuts. Nikki and Artem in particular would have been better off with a more powerful song.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Lindsay said on Monday that Mark taught her when she was a kid or were both Mark and Derek her teachers?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:24 pm

You are right Glitters. I too heard Lindsay mention being taught by Mark. And, although Derek may have taught her also I do not recall ever hearing that mentioned before.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Yes, Mark taught her, as did Shirley.  But so did Derek, and he was the topic of my post.  This is a very tight knit group and often came as a package deal in the Utah dance schools.  But insofar as Derek's role is concerned, I could also add that if you look back over the pro dances, you would note how often Lindsay was partnered with Derek when he was around.  They favored each other as dance partners, are very close, have similar Mormon personalities and quite admire one another.  One thing I could add -- if anyone ever hurt Lindsay, Derek would defend her with a vengeance.

Hence, to Derek fans, she is considered part of his "family" that they would support.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 pm

I wouldn't have thought the Utah-connection is that strong, but it makes sense. However, it would be interesting to see how these particular fans will vote when it comes to the nitty gritty. Splitting votes between Lindsay and Mark doesn't really make sense, so hopefully the focus will be more on Jordan and Lindsey and who deserves to win.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:25 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I wouldn't have thought the Utah-connection is that strong, but it makes sense. However, it would be interesting to see how these particular fans will vote when it comes to the nitty gritty. Splitting votes between Lindsay and Mark doesn't really make sense, so hopefully the focus will be more on Jordan and Lindsey and who deserves to win.

The Mormon vote, aside from "Derek fans", is also split between Lindsey Stirling, Lindsay Arnold, and Witney Carson.  That makes three Brigham Young U graduates competing against each other right now.

But yes, when it gets down to that last final vote, I can't imagine anyone splitting their votes anymore.  That's the time when they have to decide who, in their opinion, most deserves the MBT and go all in for them, I would think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:27 pm

I am very much looking forward to the Trios and especially Jordan, Lindsay and Corbin. I am a big Corbin fan and this should be the dance of the night!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Ditto for me, sis!  Can't wait to be wowed by them! Very Happy
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top