Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:22 am

Vanessa has a good personality for the dance floor.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:26 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Vanessa has a good personality for the dance floor.

Yeah, ................. I like her "Personality" too

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:17 pm

After one show I will make a fearless (and probably foolish) prediction. F2 Lindsey and Mark, Jordan and Lindsay. Most likely Lindsey/Mark will win. 

The other 2 couples making up F4 is a little harder to zero in on. Certainly Vanessa and Maks have a shot at it, she is a very good dancer and she and Maks seem  very compatible. Could also see Victoria and Val in F4. 

Likely Barbara and Keo are goners next week and perhaps Debbie and Alan.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:33 pm

What could I add that hasn't been said yet? Maybe this: I've decided not to rank the couples in week one this time. The routines are too short (and too different) to tell the whole truth. But I have to say I have enjoyed all the contestants, and I have probably never seen this many pros enjoy themselves- and that alone speaks volumes about the potential of this season. So good to see them all back. Sharna and Derek had some pretty impressive lifts- never seen my Queen fly around like that week one. I will have to watch Nick again, because I only had eyes for Peta. Sexiest mom alive!

p.s.: how much longer will we have to post in last season's forum? Just asking.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm

I don't know if I want Lindsey to win.  She's a good dancer, but I have to watch her personality more.  She might remind me of Kellie Pickler.  Why do you think Debbie will leave?  She's not a bad dancer. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't know if I want Lindsey to win.  She's a good dancer, but I have to watch her personality more.  She might remind me of Kellie Pickler.  Why do you think Debbie will leave?  She's not a bad dancer. 
Probably because she might not have the fan base that some of the others do. I thought she did a nice job. Lindsey has a huge YT following, and I imagine it's the same on FB.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 pm

I thought a lot of people liked and knew Debbie Gibson.  She was more popular in the '80's and '90's.  I don't know what she's doing anymore.  I don't follow her.  I didn't even know who Lindsey was until I saw this show.  But Debbie isn't the worst dancer on the show, is she?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Debbie is certainly far from the worst dancer but as always, popularity counts about 90% of the total and I believe that is where she will come up short.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:05 pm

I enjoyed the Lachey-Chmerkovskiy contribution. And yes, Tom's right, we seem to have a kinder, gentler Maks! Vanessa is a better dancer than hubby Nick but I think he's got potential and more importantly, he's got Peta. She will teach him well.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Agree with your last 2 posts sis.......I will add one thing about Nick, he is such a cutie....those dimples and that smile Love

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't know if I want Lindsey to win.  She's a good dancer, but I have to watch her personality more.  She might remind me of Kellie Pickler.  Why do you think Debbie will leave?  She's not a bad dancer. 

WoW Glitters , those were my thoughts exactly about Lindsay...even the Kellie part!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 pm

The main reason I can see Lindsey (Kellie Pickler light) winning is Mark Ballas. Like it or not, the pro counts more toward the win than the star. And Mark is enormously popular so I believe Lindsey started out way ahead of the pack. When a male wins the MBT he has to be damn good because sadly, our Lovely Lady pros don't elicit the same adoration.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Okay this is why I don't do well at Poker. Reading my mind is way too easy!!  I was thinking the same thing about Lindsay getting Mark. She asked for him and that's probably why Mr. Broadway came back, I'm sure he knew she was a good dancer already since Derek I mean seriously have you seen her dance with Derek in their video the Arena? She plays the violin and dances a Tango with Derek. She looks like a pro.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   Okay this is why I don't do well at Poker. Reading my mind is way too easy!!  I was thinking the same thing about Lindsay getting Mark. She asked for him and that's probably why Mr. Broadway came back, I'm sure he knew she was a good dancer already since Derek I mean seriously have you seen her dance with Derek in their video the Arena? She plays the violin and dances a Tango with Derek. She looks like a pro.
I totally agree with everything you said as that is exactly how I felt! I'm a Maks bot (just in case anybody didn't know LOL)..I'm happy that he has a good dancer in Vanessa. I was surprised that Nick wasn't great as most of the boy band singers can dance too. I'm sure Peta will whip him into shape..
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:14 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   Okay this is why I don't do well at Poker. Reading my mind is way too easy!!  I was thinking the same thing about Lindsay getting Mark. She asked for him and that's probably why Mr. Broadway came back, I'm sure he knew she was a good dancer already since Derek I mean seriously have you seen her dance with Derek in their video the Arena? She plays the violin and dances a Tango with Derek. She looks like a pro.
I was wondering about that video, I wasn't sure if that was her or not... if it is her then she comes in with a huge advantage, because she dances like a pro in that.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 pm

I wasn't sure it was her but there was an article about it on the internet about Lindsay Sterling doing the Tango with Derek Hough and playing the violin in the video. So that is her. I don't know that she is a pro, but she is very good, but Mark knows all too well that doesn't necessarily win the MB.  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm

I am very much hoping that DWTS doesn't overtly push Lindsey/Mark. That infuriates me. Let people make up their own minds. 

The scandal rags are targeting Vanessa already. Grr! That infuriates me too because so many people "saw it on the 'net, so it must be true" and swallow every slanderous morsel. 

Big hullabaloo about Barbara supposedly groping Keo. Shades of the Bonner, Sharna incident. She says it was accidental but lots don't want to believe that. I believe her, she would have to be wacko to deliberately do that and Barbara is far from nuts. She is a strong, successful and accomplished woman. But the whole thing is probably enough to send her packing.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:23 pm

kincaid53 wrote:      I wasn't sure it was her but there was an article about it on the internet about Lindsay Sterling doing the Tango with Derek Hough and playing the violin in the video. So that is her. I don't know that she is a pro, but she is very good, but Mark knows all too well that doesn't necessarily win the MB.  
Agree, sis. If anyone knows the best dancer doesn't always win, it's Mark. Paige Van Zandt was the latest example.There are so many aspects to winning- popularity, the journey, the personal story, the pro... Remember last season? All of us picked the same five couples as potential finalists, and in the end only two of them actually made it.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Lesallee wrote:I am very much hoping that DWTS doesn't overtly push Lindsey/Mark. That infuriates me. Let people make up their own minds. 

The scandal rags are targeting Vanessa already. Grr! That infuriates me too because so many people "saw it on the 'net, so it must be true" and swallow every slanderous morsel. 

Big hullabaloo about Barbara supposedly groping Keo. Shades of the Bonner, Sharna incident. She says it was accidental but lots don't want to believe that. I believe her, she would have to be wacko to deliberately do that and Barbara is far from nuts. She is a strong, successful and accomplished woman. But the whole thing is probably enough to send her packing.
Please explain. What is so scandalous about Vanessa?
Barbara would be my guess for first elimination anyway, cougar or not. I remember Erin saying it's usually Keo leaving first.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:41 pm

When the tabloids can't find anything else they pull out that old chestnut "acting like a diva on set" and today she's apparently a jealous witch. Sick.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Anyone who has seen the package should know better. But I think we all know where that possibly originates. She was darn good- i.e. serious competition for Lindsey- and her pro is a Chmerkovskiy. Nuff said.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Yep, I agree brother. Ballas is DWTS royalty and the anti Chmerkovskiy bias is real. I like Mark but a season without the Hough/Ballas emphasis would have been nice. Especially with this quite competitive field. It would be so nice to see some couples come to the forefront without any manipulation by production. 

I'm not saying production and judges are playing games YET but just the casting of Lindsey with her requested pro, Mark makes me a little apprehensive. However, they have some legit opponents in Vanessa, Jordan. I believe Nick will step it up too. 

Sadly, I don't see this as Queen Sharna's season again. Still chagrins me no end that now we Canadians can vote when the exclusion of Canadian votes cost Hinch and Sharna the MBT. 

Our Canadian representative, Drew Scott, while a little uneven right now will improve steadily I think. Emma's no novice and she will bring him along.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 pm

If Ballas is royalty, has he even won an MBT?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:32 pm

He has won 2, but not in a while, almost ten years. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:10 pm

I think that Mark & Derek are in love with themselves. Especially when it comes to dancing! JMO
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum