Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 10 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 am

I thought Lindsay did a masterful choreographic job with the Charleston. And Jordan danced the bejeepers out of it. She did manage to incorporate some Charleston into that very difficult music. I thought at the time, how can you Charleston to that?  Dance of the night to me. I suspect Len's score was a bit of retaliation for Lindsay's criticism of him last week. I also have the sense that Len is not fond of Jordan. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 10 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:57 pm

I watched the dance again and there was more Charleston. There was just so much going on it got lost in the super hero stuff. It was a great number though and they performed it perfectly Very Happy  

I saw that article too about Maks, now all the sites are quoting what the "insider" from People reported. We all know Maks is a little bit of a Diva LOL but that's pretty petty and not very professional to walk out a few hours before the show, as the "insider" from People reported. Besides isn't he under contract even it's one season at a time?  Oh well, if he doesn't come back that would be so awesome for Vanessa and Alan to win or at least be in the finals!!!!  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Us Magazine says Maks and Vanessa will dance together next week.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:13 pm

I hope so......Peace and continuity back to the Ballroom!!   I still want to know where he was....' National Enquirer' minds want to know!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm

From Maks today.

Thank you @alanbersten for doing a great job stepping in for me.....again! You’re definitely relieved of your duty starting this week
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:28 pm

I am enjoying the steady progress Drew and Emma are making. Already Drew looks like a different man from night one. Emma knows how to do it. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Yes I agree about Drew and Emma...good for them!!

I saw a couple of pictures of Peta and Maks Sunday a.m. walking Shai and Shai is looking up at them and they look like they are having an intense conversation and Peta does not look happy......geez they can't even walk out of their house!!  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:16 pm

As I watched Lindsey and Mark last night I thought how very accomplished they are. That was a great jive. So why can't I muster up more enthusiasm for this pair? I have nothing against Lindsey and I very much like Mark. Conclusion: that elusive sense of connection isn't there for me. And I have to have that connection!

Derek and Sharna are going the slow, steady improvement road as Drew and Emma are. I enjoy that even if the word journey in context of DWTS is so hackneyed. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 pm

You know sis I feel the same way about Mark and Lindsey. I enjoyed their dance, but I'm not drawn to watching the dance again like I am a lot of the others like Derek and Drew and Frankie and of course Vanessa. I've even watched Nikki and Artems dance quite a few times because he is so darn hot in that dance!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Yep, sis, that Artem can draw you in all right. I sort of get a kick out of Nikki. She is such a mixture of tough bravado and underlying primness. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Lesallee wrote:I am enjoying the steady progress Drew and Emma are making. Already Drew looks like a different man from night one. Emma knows how to do it. 
They are making progress indeed, and I really enjoyed their dance last night. They got all my votes.  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm

The plot thickens.

Jordan fisher on len goodman: “Everybody was surprised about Len’s score. It is what it is. In my mind, the judges are really only supposed to judge the contestants, not the choreography. Lindsay did an incredible job making sure the whole piece stayed a Charleston. carrie ann agreed that it was a charleston I don’t really know what it is with Len, or why he is harder on us.  I don’t really know what that is. He did say he liked it, but the seven was a little stranger. We’re only a few weeks in to the season — hopefully it gives America incentive to pick up the phone and vote for us.” 

I think Len had his nose out of joint because of Lindsay's remarks about the Cuban heels and he took this opportunity for a little payback. Now Jordan is targeted and very confused. Will this cost J & L the MBT? Could be, sm posters are calling J a whiner. Louis VanA said he thought that 7 was wrong on Len's part and that he (Len) needs to be more consistent. I thought the dance was great and Lindsay did what she could to include Charleston in a truly atrocious piece of music for a Charleston.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Maks has tweeted a completely ambiguous statement concerning his absence. And apologizing to Vanessa. He claimed it was personal business he needed to tend to. That little episode may have hurt Vanessa irreparably because so many fans were down on her anyway and they blamed her for Maks' actions. 

So is the deck now stacked for Lindsey and Mark? Something to ponder. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:34 pm

I think Jordan makes a good point about saying that the judges shouldn't judge the choreography.  As far as why Len voted the way he did, I think it depends on your perspective.  I don't get into whether the judges hold grudges or not.  I mean anything is possible, but I just take their scores at face value.  If they are voting based on grudges, that is pretty petty.  I'm not sure why they would care who ultimately wins anyway. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:19 pm

The continuing saga of 'As the Mirror Ball turns' (Or how the producers turn it)

-I guess Jordan means the type of choreography, because judging how the contestant performs the choreography is pretty much the name of the game.
   -The whole piece was not a Charleston, but Jordan said he didn't know what a Charleston was.
   -CAI did not say it was a Charlston, she said there were tiny bits that went by fast, then Len said it went by too fast for him. 
  - It may seem like it, but Len's not harder on you.
  - Will it cost Jordan the MB, I doubt it.
  -Is Jordan a whiner.....no!! IMO He just hasn't been warned about how the show works sometimes and obviously Linds may not fully get it either. I mean she just came off a season with a fan favorite David first baseball player 2nd place....before that NFL Calvin fan favorite 3rd place, but they were not the best dancers and did always get the best scores or comments, but she probably didn't think anything about that.   I think she just automatically thinks since Jordan is an exceptional dancer every dance they do should be raved over, unfortunately that's not the way it works.
   She  may have one of the best dancers, but that doesn't mean they will even make the finals.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:27 pm

I saw the apology from Maks also, sis. I also saw a video of Maks, Peta, Pappa Chmerkovskiy, Jenna, Val and some other men (did not recognize them) at a restaurant having dinner after the show Monday night.
    I think you may be on to something about the deck being stacked!!

We will not ever know what really happened on the Maks deal, and I think the producers like it that way because sometimes what gets conjured up in peoples minds is way more intense or interesting than what actually happened.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 pm

That's what I thought Jordan meant about choreography, how Lindsay choreographs the dance.  I still wish it was more of a Charleston.  Lindsay could have shown him a video or something of the dance and he would get it. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Well, maybe sometimes the judges let their feelings towards people affect their scoring, but it's too much for me to get caught up in, because there isn't anything I can do about it and I feel it's just a guessing game at that point.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by eslaqueen Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:53 am

This dance was the great move of the season. Also, once more, observing today was one more reason that I'm inclining towards not proceeding previous additional season.

eslaqueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:39 am

eslaqueen wrote:This dance was the great move of the season. Also, once more, observing today was one more reason that I'm inclining towards not proceeding previous additional season.
Stay and talk to us on this board, eslaqueen. We need some new members chiming in!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:13 pm

The ridiculously low score that Len gave Jordan for lack of specific content he was looking for is quite reminiscent of what he did in many seasons to Derek's partners.  He did it to Maria Menounos for their Bollywood Samba trio, he did it to Kellie Pickler for their Paso with Tristan, he did it with Shawn for the samba trio and I think the rumba, too, and I think there were other examples as well.  The "bookends" always seemed to make up for those low scores with higher scores, and I was always under the impression that the audience got so pissed off at the low scores that they gave Derek more votes, so that in the end, it didn't really penalize the couple.  What all these people have in common, though, was that they were all near the top of the leader board at the time that Len pulled his trick, and the dance was so well performed that he didn't have much of anything else to criticize. It could be a means to keep one dancer from pulling too far ahead of the pack, or it could be Len actually trying to make a point about his own frustration when he can't find the elements he is looking to score -- but if the latter, then it seems that he only chooses to make that point when he is scoring a really good dancer with no real chance of going home as a result of his so-called "lesson".   

Besides that, every season the front runner gets jabbed by the judges over things that they let other dancers get away with.  If it isn't content, then it is lifts, or breaking hold, or some other little thing that they are ridiculously inconsistent about scoring.  

At the end of the night, even with that 7, Jordan still had more cumulative points than any other dancer, so he can expect more extra scrutiny, as can Lindsey.  

All the pros should expect it when they have a leading contender -- it is all part of the drama, I think.   The show likes to manipulate our emotions for entertainment purposes.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm

So many pros- not only Derek- have been called out by Len for routines that everyone else thought were highly creative. Besides Kellie and Derek, I will always remember Sadie and Mark, James and Sharna. Note: if it's a Paso, the old grump is twice as picky. Maks got it for his Rumba with Meryl- one of his best creations ever imo. Peta suffered the same for her Rumba with Charlie. I could go on forever, and Mark would probably even top Derek on that list.
Jordan and Lindsay still have to learn that the best way to handle this is to not mess around with Len, but keep entertaining the fans, and they will make up for lower scores with their votes. Kellie, Meryl, Sadie, and James all made the finals in spite (or because) of Len's attacks. There is a reason why the British Mothership is called Strictly, and that is where Len is coming from. If on DWTS he appears like the alien from the planet of purists, that's in his job description. And if we're honest, Carrie Ann in bitch mode can be worse.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Lesallee wrote:As I watched Lindsey and Mark last night I thought how very accomplished they are. That was a great jive. So why can't I muster up more enthusiasm for this pair? I have nothing against Lindsey and I very much like Mark. Conclusion: that elusive sense of connection isn't there for me. And I have to have that connection!

That's funny, because I actually like the way they work together. Mark- like Derek- has always kept sort of professional distance to his partners, but that never stopped him from bringing out the best in them and have loads of fun. Lindsey is growing on me not only as a dancer, but as a person. I see a unique combination of youthful innocence and mature melancholy, and I sense that's her and not a TV persona.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:57 pm

The list of pros Len has dissed for choreography and just because he wants to is as long as your arm. Val, regularly and going way back Dmitry Chaplin. Karina several times. If Len only has one more season after this I will be glad. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:01 pm

I know what you mean about Lindsey.  I liked her dance, but I'm not sure how I feel about her yet.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top