The Bachelor, 2018

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Bachelor, 2018

Post by Lesallee on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

I only watched a bit of Bach Winter Games. Right now there is so much else on what with the Olympics that it seemed sort of boring. It dragged horribly. 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:08 pm

I don't know why they have to have so many Bach things on.  I guess they have BIP in summer and they want something to cover winter.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-bachelor-arie-lauren-b-recap/
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Haven’t got a chance to comment yet on this weeks episode but thought I would send the above link for comic relief. Some of the comments are funny.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 pm

They got this part right, "He was on a boring one-on-one date with the frustratingly taciturn Lauren B., who seems to have the emotional range of a Crest white strip."

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 pm

That was funny, rkc.  I liked the one about he forgot his script.  lol
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Ok...valentines day basically over, time to comment...

I guess one of the biggest talked about events of this episode was his date with Lauren B. I found the above link humorous when I read it so I just had to post it. I guess we were not the only ones that were stumped by it! Lol! I read his reasoning for how he reacted on some blog but to me it still is confusing. I assume there was more to their connection that we weren’t seeing because all they showed us was a quiet girl that didn’t trust and put guys in the friend zone for 6 months. This same girl all the sudden expresses in front of cameras how she is falling in love with a guy she just met a few weeks ago that is dating many other women? Mind boggling! Something doesn’t ring true. Arie is saying that he reacted weird because at this point he was having feelings for Lauren B. that he hadn’t had since Emily. Whaaaaaat? If she ends up being the F1 then this will be interesting to say the least ????

I figured Sienna wouldn’t end up in the F4. Not trying to sound racist so please don’t take it that way, but dating someone of a different race may seem easy when it’s just the two of you but add a whole family that may have different views may seem intimidating to some. Arie may just be one of them.

Jacqueline’s goodbye was odd. It was her choice to leave so why all the tears? Why keep kissing him if you’re walking away from him?

As to the three on one date, I figured Kendall would get the first rose and be sent away so Arie could deal with the issue between the other two. Normally I don’t agree with people running to the lead with warnings about the other contestants, unless it’s a matter of someone showing a hidden total disregard for the lead, however, I can see why Tia might have said something in this case. Arie was not hearing the conversations that go on between the contestants and I just don’t see the maturity level that others see in Bekah. She has been constantly using terminology that leads you to believe that she was looking at it as a competition. The terms sounded more like she was in the process of playing a hand of black jack instead of falling in love with someone. And like moon0627 said earlier, all the exaggerated faces was making her look more immature as did the gossiping and also when she mimicked Krystal. It also occurred to me the way she was saying that at times she has wanted to just go home and be with her family and friends, she may still have that mentality of someone younger and inexperienced that is not yet ready to leave the nest. It doesn’t matter at this point because she is gone. Arie did say that for a while now he was talking himself out of the idea of being with Bekah so the inevitable was just delayed.

The preview for HTD’s looks like Arie is in for a world of hurt and frustration. Several of the fathers come off as threatening. Apparently they have heard stories of Arie’s background and are not having it. Should be interesting.

As the the Winter Games....Eh. I only half watched because it just seemed kind of stupid at times. If I’m gonna watch a competition then let it be a real competition and not a bunch of amateurs that are falling all over themselves. Ashley I. on the first night is already as annoying as ever. Clare is coming off as a bit of a slut. That kissing between Josiah and Ally just seemed sloppy. Ugh, gross. I’m really not interested in seeing Dean again at this point. And don’t get me started on Yuki!!! Please tell me she is a joke! I may not finish watching it if it doesn’t pick up quickly. It just comes off like this franchise is over reaching into the absurd and bizarre and trying to cash in on the Olympics going on. What a joke.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Truthfully, most of the girls gossip on this show.  Get a bunch of women together and they will gossip.  If anyone thinks that Bekah was immature, she wasn't any more immature than most of the women on this show.  This girl has poise that most of the other women on this show don't have, but a few.  I could be wrong, but I think I only heard her say she missed her family once.  She is a lively person with a lot of personality, but I don't think she is a phony.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:54 am

I don't know how anyone would want to watch half witted shows like the bach, when the winter Olympics have so much to offer. Anyone who saw the pairs figure skating last night probably saw the best pairs competition ever. There were 6 pairs that were near perfect and in the end the German pair of Savechenko/Massot were perfect and won.The margins for the first 4 teams were very close.Duchanel/Radford of Canada picked up a bronze.This was the fifth Olympics for Savhenko who always had finished a brides maid but was determined to get gold,did.The secret is you just have to be perfect and she was.The US/Canada womens hockey game was a thriller that went down to the last split second and Canada eaked out a 2/1 win behind great goal tending. If you can't sleep there is something going on all night, on the midnight-shift.

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 am

Been watching lots of Olympic coverage, blue. Our Canadian luge team made a huge breakthrough yesterday - first ever medal in luge, bronze for Alex Gough then a silver in the team relay. I worried a bit about Meagan and Eric when they were in fourth after the short but they came up big when they needed to. 

I'm really enjoying the curling even though our ladies got beat by the Korean women yesterday.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am

I don't watch the Olympics because I don't care for sports.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm

bluechipdude wrote:I don't know how anyone would want to watch half witted shows like the bach, when the winter Olympics have so much to offer. Anyone who saw the pairs figure skating last night probably saw the best pairs competition ever. There were 6 pairs that were near perfect and in the end the German pair of Savechenko/Massot were perfect and won.The margins for the first 4 teams were very close.Duchanel/Radford of Canada picked up a bronze.This was the fifth Olympics for Savhenko who always had finished a brides maid but was determined to get gold,did.The secret is you just have to be perfect and she was.The US/Canada womens hockey game was a thriller that went down to the last split second and Canada eaked out a 2/1 win behind great goal tending. If you can't sleep there is something going on all night, on the midnight-shift
I prefer the Winter Olympics to the Summer ones.  The pairs skating was thrilling last night and the best team with a perfect performance
won.  WOW! Congrats to the German team!  Also enjoyed the exciting Downhill Skiing won by the Norwegian.
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:23 pm

Babs2147 wrote:
bluechipdude wrote:I don't know how anyone would want to watch half witted shows like the bach, when the winter Olympics have so much to offer. Anyone who saw the pairs figure skating last night probably saw the best pairs competition ever. There were 6 pairs that were near perfect and in the end the German pair of Savechenko/Massot were perfect and won.The margins for the first 4 teams were very close.Duchanel/Radford of Canada picked up a bronze.This was the fifth Olympics for Savhenko who always had finished a brides maid but was determined to get gold,did.The secret is you just have to be perfect and she was.The US/Canada womens hockey game was a thriller that went down to the last split second and Canada eaked out a 2/1 win behind great goal tending. If you can't sleep there is something going on all night, on the midnight-shift
I prefer the Winter Olympics to the Summer ones.  The pairs skating was thrilling last night and the best team with a perfect performance
won.  WOW! Congrats to the German team!  Also enjoyed the exciting Downhill Skiing won by the Norwegian.
That's why I have a DVR...
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:40 am

I much prefer the Winter Olympics to the summer ones, too.  Man, two nights a week of Bachelor Winter Games plus regular Bachelor show is too much.  I saw that other shows that I watch are on a break until after the Olympics.  I wish ABC would postpone the Winter Games as well.  Fortunately, I think it's only one more week of that.  

But even though it's nothing compared to the Olympics, I find it amusing though when the contestants on Winter Games fall.  Ashamed  Sorry but I also find Yuki funny.  However when she says more than one or two sentences, basically the very end parts of the episodes, I find her voice a little annoying. Shocked

I just didn't see any chemistry anymore between Arie and Seinne, or at least not on Arie's part.

I didn't like Tia before she threw Bekah under the bus, so that hasn't changed.  I'm pretty sure Arie would have still chosen Tia anyway even if she didn't say anything.  I agree there are times Bekah says things like a young or inexperienced person not ready to settle down, even though she said she was in the last episode.  She didn't say anything to indicate that, when Arie asked her the hard questions before.  Also upon learning one of the other women was gone, she immediately said that the odds just got better.  I thought that seemed a little cold at this stage??  Kendall was sad when she heard the news.  It wasn't like Bekah was one of those who say she's not there to make friends, so I wasn't expecting that -- well, it struck me how that was all she could say.  Anyhow, someone on Ellen's staff said she was crying crocodile tears when Tia told her what she told Arie.  I don't know if it was crocodile tears.

I think they are editing a lot out of Lauren and Arie's dates, but also Arie I believe was experiencing what I heard guys including a relative say about the women they want to be with for a long time/forever.  They just "knew."  Confused  I think it's the strong physical attraction for Arie and he just wanted to confirm that he would still be drawn to her for the long haul.  lol. I read an article saying that Arie basically indicated his usual concerns before giving a rose for hometowns went out the window with Lauren because he was so drawn to her.  Sorry but for the life of me, I can't find that article right now.
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 am

The Winter Games - is a train wreck.  It's so clear why these people are all still single (well, most of them anyway).

There is so much botox and plastic surgery, it's gross.  These women are parading around with tits hanging out, extensions and fake eye lashes.  YUCK.   Talk about vain.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:56 pm

I am enjoying the Olympics, there have been some awesome performances in many of the sports. The German pairs team deserved their win, that skate was beautiful.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 am

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better,along came the mens singles long program finals last night.Nate Chen the favoured for gold stubbed his toes a few times the previous night in the short program and was lying 17th. The quad king as he is known, landed 6 quads and aced his program and was the short term leader.HanSu of Japan skated a perfect program and took over the lead and fellow countryman Shumo Uno posted a great skate and took over second place.Javiar Fernandez of Spain skated his best ever and picked up a bronze.Nate Chen who had the highest technical score of all the male skaters had to be satisfied with a fifth place finish.This was probably the greatest mens singles Olympic skating event ever.Lots of very good skaters.Tonight is the Ice Dancing short program a must watch. Sweden just beat Canada in curling 5-2.

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:24 am

rkc1960 wrote:Haven’t got a chance to comment yet on this weeks episode but thought I would send the above link for comic relief. Some of the comments are funny.

Good job Rickii - and I agree with this opinion:

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 am

List of people I'd like to Throat Punch:

+ Adam Rippon.
+ Greasy Tonga Flag Bearing Man.
+ Shawn White.
+ Lindsay Vaughn.
+ All the Posters here who comment in the Bachelor thread about the Olympics instead of creating your own Olympic thread.  You Big Blisters - cut it out !! 
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:30 am

FHM who is this Lindsay Vaughn you are going to throat punch?I've heard of a Sarah Vaugh a singer from many moons ago. Now there's a very striking tall blond who was Tiger Woods ex g/f who is a world class down hill skier by the name of Lindsey Vonn.Perhaps that's who you are thinking of?We wouldn't want you to hit the wrong person.I would start a Winter Olympic thread except that for some reason my version of Batchchat comes threadbare.No imojis,color changes,type size changes etc.I can't do the fancy stuff you guys can do.Anyway there's only a week left of the Olympics.Correction my last post where I said the ice dancing short program would be Saturday night was wrong.It's sunday night.

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Okay blue, there is an Olympic thread in Community
Lounge under Sports. Now FHM won't have to throat punch us.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:39 pm

bluechipdude wrote:FHM who is this Lindsay Vaughn you are going to throat punch?I've heard of a Sarah Vaugh a singer from many moons ago. Now there's a very striking tall blond who was Tiger Woods ex g/f who is a world class down hill skier by the name of Lindsey Vonn.Perhaps that's who you are thinking of?We wouldn't want you to hit the wrong person.

Good catch Chipper - yes, I had her name spelled wrong; the chick who banged Tiger Woods.  At least we won't have to see her ski any more because she's just about to Thick-Thighed Mule age.
Speaking of the Olympics; instead of calling it "Ice Dancing", how about a competition called, "Banging On Ice", like this:

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:39 am

Wow looks like my kind of sport,just good wholesome fun.No wonder they're in first place.We could of had another eye popping situation if the costume snafu of Papadakis had started to slide down her body while performing the Twizzles.HFM I know you must have watched the ice dancing last night. You have to admit there were a few hotties in those pairs last night.Don't forget the finals are tonight.The first, second and third place finishers last night were all coached by the same people.If these standings hold up after tonight,can you imagine all the other figure skaters around the world that will be knocking on their doors for help.

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 pm

I love ice skating as my daughter was an ice skater when she was younger. She took lessons for a few years and was so good. I was a single mom at the time and I never had the money (so expensive) to further her ice skating. If I did I think she would've gotten much further. I'm not saying the Olympics but up there someplace.
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Poor Ari...Tia's family looks like they are from a long line of hillbillies.  The brother looks like a recovering meth head. Run Ari!!  At this point, I don't think any of these girls are right for him.  Another busted season, which had so much potential with Ari as the bachelor.  Hope the last two hometowns are better, but with emotionally unavailable, quiet to a fault, no personality Lauren, I'm not hopeful  Surprisingly, she seems to be the one he is most smitten with.
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum