GH is barely worth watching now :(

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GH is barely worth watching now :(

Post by MPchimesin on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:28 am

FLPeaches wrote:  all this sweet lovey-dovey Finn♥️Hayden stuff feels like the writers are just twisting the knife.
so much love and tenderness, super build-up for the great fall....

I really hate that we're losing her!! 

I know, it's a total set up for our big let down when they write her off.  All these rumors of who might be leaving makes me crazy and I have little interest in the show!! Sleep
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:17 am

and I guess the rumors were true....

Aug. 3 (UPI) -- Former General Hospital star Tyler Christopher has landed a role on Days of Our Lives, but isn't revealing any details about who he will play. "I want to thank @nbcdays for welcoming me into their home. Although I can't comment on the character, @carlivatiron has handed me a gem of a story I am eager for you [to] see," the actor tweeted Thursday, referring to Ron Carlivati, the current head writer of Days and former head writer for GH.

Christopher announced last September he would not continue on General Hospital as the beloved character, Prince Nikolas Cassadine, after contract talks with show producers broke down. Christopher, 44, began playing Nikolas in 1996.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/68cbd725-567e-3343-bb25-06683fa45ff2/ss_tyler-christopher-lands-role.html

http://soapcentral.com/days/news/2017/0803-tyler_christopher_joins_days.php

wishing all the best to TC, but still.... 
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:26 pm

I AM SO BORED WITH GH  Sleep  I skip thru Sonny/Carly/Sam/Jason since its all so predictable .  Disappointed that we only see little snippets of Maxie .  And altho I've been enjoying Hayden & Finn we all know how thats going to end   Sad  Alexis and Julian are going nowhere and i dont look forward to more of Kristina and Parker.  But I do wonder whats going to happen with Ava since eVal is tempting to help fix her face by recanting her story about his killing Nik ... are the rumors of a romance with Griffin true ?? I doubt it altho it would be a wild storyline. The previews of a confrontation between Monica and Olivia looks fun Smile
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Rose Finn and Hayden have been so cute and so happy, planning their future.
I loved how they were looking at houses, and I loved Finn with Elizabeth yesterday - soon to be brother-in-law..♥️
♥️Finn has been smiling so much and calling Hayden sweetheart, and pouring out all his feelings...
even after her 'confession',, he reminded her, for better/for worse.

but then to have her turn and just walk away.................

and what about the baby?  he told her the other day.. 'it's gonna be you and me and the little one'...
♥️
I hope Curtis will team up with Finn to help solve this mess,, because now 2 people are broken-hearted for no good reason,
and I really think that's awful.

* but I guess we should be grateful, at least she's not killed off ~
and maybe leaving the way she did, it might somehow leave an open door,,,

crossing my fingers for a return somewhere down the road.
hopefully very soon.  ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
♥️

Last edited by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Hate to see Dr O(h No) win her hateful game

Why can the evil ones get away with everything???
(Ava will get her looks back, but she is still a cold blooded murderer.)

Eval has done despicable things and gotten off free as a bird and keeps his daughter.

Julian is just as evil as Eval, but he can never be put away for good.

Nelle gets away with the damage she did and smirks at Carly as she hangs on to  Michael.

Meanwhile, Sean (who didn't shoot Rachel/Haden) is still in prison
even tho he is innocent. ( Uh, writers: Did we forget about T J's biological daddy??? )
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am

this is such a shame,
I truly enjoyed his scenes with Kiki and the Q's....

Robert Palmer Watkins - Out At GH
August 17, 2017 6:26PM

Robert Palmer Watkins, who joined GH in 2015 as Dillon Quartermaine, has been let go....

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/robert-palmer-watkins-gh/

Rose
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 am

Are you kidding me, I love Dillon & Kiki actually I just love Dillon.....what is going on with this show I'm truly getting disgusted with it!!!
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 am

MPchimesin wrote:Are you kidding me, I love Dillon & Kiki actually I just love Dillon.....what is going on with this show I'm truly getting disgusted with it!!!
Tantrum  I know,, I agree...  Hissy fit

not sure about this > but I read somewhere that he requested some time off to do a role in a movie,
and also a guest part on the show, This Is Us, and TBTB said okay, no big deal.

but then while he was away, they just let him go.
No

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:43 am

RobertPalmerWatkins‏Verified account @Robertpwatkins

Always fun workin with @wallykurth #bigbro #Quartermaines

' Sometimes in life a door closes only so a window can open. There is so much to accomplish and see in this life. '
#staywoke #staygrateful

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:59 am

viewers don't seem too happy ... Crying
(I'm not on Twitter, but I just realized it doesn't matter, you can still read the posts -
Duh I swear, I'm so old-fashioned Wink

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Quartermaines?src=hash

Bring back Robert Palmer Watkins!
...don't let Dillon go!
WHY are they getting rid of the #Quartermaines ?? Monica Dillon and Ned are all that's left!
Now no Dillon?

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:40 pm

RobertPalmerWatkins  ✔️ @Robertpwatkins

Well...you fans are for sure appreciated. Your support is pretty overwhelming.
Thanks for lifting me up  #gh
1:12 PM - Aug 18, 2017

https://twitter.com/Robertpwatkins

Things in life can either break you or set you on fire for the next chapter.

(*he posted a short video, thanking people - he also said it was not his decision to leave*)
Crying or Very sad
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 am

Help  somebody sent me a petition to sign.
it probably won;t do much good, but you never know ~

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/sign-now-petition-keep-robert-palmer-watkins-gh/
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:44 am

Hey you never know they had one for RB and now they are talking about a possible return. I'll sign it sure can't hurt.
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm

abc wants to lose viewers. Apparently they want the G H hour for
breaking news alerts.

I already don't watch The View or The Chew. Cable reruns are better than either of them for morning and midmorning.
Even reruns on the game show network where all the people are
now dead, are better than those shows.

G H was the only thing I would watch on abc and now TPTB are
doing their best to ruin it by firing popular actors and actresses.
Story lines are dropped in the middle, characters are rewritten to
become unrecognizable. 

Wish G H was on a cable network not owned by abc.

G H is a popular show. Just by the amount of commercials alone
we know it is successful in its time slot. Count how many commercials have to run after a breaking news report before they
return to regularly scheduled program.

Do they care about the viewers?  No. FV is still unhappy that OLTL was cancelled and is working to get G H cancelled as well.

Just my humble opinion. Nor representative of the other posters on this board.
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 am

Well looks like we won't be watching the show today, they have coverage of the eclipse going on from 1:00-3:00 Suspect
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 pm

News that General Hospital (GH) fired Robert Palmer Watkins has infuriated fans.
The talented actor, who has played Dillon Quartermaine since 2015, had emerged as a fan favorite since joining the soap. Not only had Watkins instilled Dillon with an affable warmth and likability, but he also easily fit into the core of the “Q” clan, which is not an easy feat.
Hence, giving the actor — and his character — the boot is, in a word, unforgivable.

Read on for the top four reasons why firing him is a huge mistake.

https://soaphub.com/none/top-4-reasons-firing-robert-palmer-watkins-was-a-huge-mistake-ready/
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:15 pm

I have boycotted all the shows that took over our ABC soaps just because I am so mad about it - no offense to the replacements but Grrr !!  Evil or Very Mad

Every time I see Charlotte she reminds me of Claudette (they really look so much alike) ... is she really dead for good or do you think she will be back ?  It would be fun to see her come back and get in between Charlotte and Lulu ... and it would be something to see her find Griffin with Ava of all people Afraid
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:52 am

you talk about something that is "barely worth watching now" - well, to me, it's the pairing of that horrible Ava with Griffin!  The fire couldn't get rid of this miserable character and apparently  neither can FV. him and his favs make me sick. there's a lot of S L's i'm not particularly interested in on this show these days! Keep getting rid of the good guys, your well liked actors and actresses of long standing on GH, for a mere few that many of us fans don't care about - and you'll put GH out of business! 
here's an idea FV, why don't you go and bring back OLTL, produce that, and leave GH to somebody else!  I'm sure they'd getter a better shake, than the shaft you're giving to the ones on now!  you keep firing and letting go of the popular folks, only to make room for the 'One' who deserted GH in the first place, just to make his salary, you've got to be kidding!!  do you think the fans are so stupid and gullible that we buy into this as being a wise and smart move!  well I don't........

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by believeinme246 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:34 am

moon0627 wrote: It would be fun to see her come back and get in between Charlotte and Lulu ... 

I actually don't think she'd mind Lulu having Charlotte. Her only goal was to get Charlotte away from 'the very bad man.' She was giving him to any guy who would look at her. I think she'd be glad that Charlotte is with a cop, like she wanted with Nathan.
believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Met 'Dillon' in Nashville this Summer. He was so polite  (and attractive ) Got my picture made with him and Carly.  

Wish they wouldn't get rid of him. But if he doesn't come back, I
hope we see him in other projects.
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 am

431902j wrote:Met 'Dillon' in Nashville this Summer. He was so polite  (and attractive ) Got my picture made with him and Carly.  

Wish they wouldn't get rid of him. But if he doesn't come back, I hope we see him in other projects.
Flower  ooh, I remember when that happened. it was a couple months ago, and you posted about it here...

and I thought that was really so cool.. Thumbs up!
especially how Dillon was nice and polite, because that truly says alot. 

I wish him all sorts of good luck, but I still wish he could stay...
FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 pm

to 
FLPeaches wrote:viewers don't seem too happy ... Crying
(I'm not on Twitter, but I just realized it doesn't matter, you can still read the posts -
Duh I swear, I'm so old-fashioned Wink

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Quartermaines?src=hash

Bring back Robert Palmer Watkins!
...don't let Dillon go!
WHY are they getting rid of the #Quartermaines ?? Monica Dillon and Ned are all that's left!
Now no Dillon?

Quartermaines who? to answer your question, it's because FV and TPTB and whoever else is in charge - doesn't know what they're doing!!!  like I said in my other post, they ax the good ones, to bring back a deserter who most don't even care about anymore! let him stay with the Y&R, i don't want him replacing Billy M, nor do I wish to see two (2) Jason's on the scene!  Like I said way back when, "you watch and see, they'll mess up our 'fav' couple Jason.  And also don't do it!  why can't anybody on GH ever have a happy, lasting, relationship/and or/marriage!  Such a bunch of nasties, who determine and write this unhappy, gloomy, misery, between couples!  you'd think they could be just a little realistic and true to life, instead of 'spaced out' in the land of make believe! I'm really ticked at watching this dynamic couple being split apart, just when they found each other again, and, this JASON, being the family man and taking responsibilities, instead of always using his trigger finger!!!   I'm not against the mob, PC has always had its fair share of it and catastrophies, but bringing SB back - is not at all necessary, nor wanted, nor has any of my interest!   I want BM and KM to stay JaSam, even if he helps Sonny once in a while, and even goes with Curtis, they are a great, fun, team!  In fact, all three of them, Sam, Jason, and Curtis, could do PI work!  That would be a good "watch", and would keep Jordan on her toes!  But I digress-  I don't want Dillon to leave, nor should Robert Watkins be a sacrifice for SB, as well as Hayden!  Those two characters were good on GH, and interacted with many of the others!  
I'm still waiting for Ava to bite the dust!  But again, FV won't get rid of his pet!  can't stand her, and don't watch her, and now more than ever, when they will be pairing her with 'saintly, and boyish' Doc Griffin, I want to puke!  the cougar is at it again!  who needs this garbage....... Yuck

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 pm

431902j wrote:Hate to see Dr O(h No) win her hateful game

Why can the evil ones get away with everything???
(Ava will get her looks back, but she is still a cold blooded murderer.)

Eval has done despicable things and gotten off free as a bird and keeps his daughter.

Julian is just as evil as Eval, but he can never be put away for good.

Nelle gets away with the damage she did and smirks at Carly as she hangs on to  Michael.

Meanwhile, Sean (who didn't shoot Rachel/Haden) is still in prison
even tho he is innocent. ( Uh, writers: Did we forget about T J's biological daddy??? )
I agree with almost all of your points -431902j, but not on Valentin. I want to see Nina, Val, and Charlotte back together as a family. He didn't kill Nicholas, IMO, and he's not dead.  Nik did some pretty bad things himself, with his witchy Helena, the ballot incident, the Jason coverup, and more!  So what's so bad about Val. Helena's the one who bought and was determined to use the bomb. The most evil of them all is Ava, I want her to go to JAIL and not come out!  She killed Connie in cold blood and was the cause of Morgan's death, just as if she had been the one who placed the bomb in Jules' car!  Morgan wasn't in his right mind, his meds switched and messed with, and for what?  Because this horrible excuse for a human being, didn't think he was good enough for her daughter!  So she sets out to 'get rid of him' - and you know what - she did!  So just because Sonny didn't kill her on the Island, nor for his son's death, does that mean "all is forgiven and forgotten and you get away scot free, no price to pay?  Oh wait, she got burned, too bad, she was trying to kill Sonny and Carly, let's not forget that!!!  we all know her face will be fixed, and now they're pairing her with the 'saintly' boyish, Doc Griffin.  This makes me want to puke!   Yuck  FV is not gonna get rid of his pet, but I won't watch her. 
As far as I'm concerned they can get rid of her and Nell. And the newest witch 'the auntie from hell'. 
I'd like to see more of Valerie, Diane (especially, she's a "class" act), and even Liz.  I was hoping they'd pair Liz with Griffin but no, they have to redeem the unredeemable queen, and cougar. Liz and Hayden were just starting to become sisterly, so what does FV do, he gives her the ax, to bring back SB. Then he axes Dillon, for the same reasons.  Instead of politics, it's "money" as far as GH is concerned! 
I'd like to see more of Molly and TJ. Christina is on my list of who should go too!  And Curtis and Jordan were another super couple and I especially like Curtis and Jason, as they pair together for PI work!  they were super together, and really good together.  I'd even like to see Sam in the mix, and all 3 of them, doing work as PI's, against the antics that the bad guys do to PC - like the old days!  When you had much 'Adventure' - even calamaties, but not so much focus on the mob!  I don't mind Sonny, Carly, and even the mob, cause it's always been a part of PC and GH, from 'almost' the beginning.  But I'd like to see some of the fun stuff (again adventure themes) as with Robert Scorpio, Anna, those were the days!  you could even draw in Alexis, Jordan, Mac, and some others, and create newer and better story lines, with European adventure. it's all just my opinion, but GH is starting to tire me on a lot of the S L's showing now!  
The only one who is hitting it out of the park right now is Kelly M. and that's because of the S L they gave her. Her acting is emmy worthy, as is Carly's, who in my opinion doesn't get the recognition she deserves!  I love Carly, every scene is full of emotion, she puts 110% into every scene she plays! I hope they never replace her!  Sam, Carly, and Diane are my favorite ladies of PC!  Alexis too, is a fine actress.  It seems that age does have its merits. These are seasoned vets, and I appreciate all the hard work they do and what they bring to the screen. So I  Applause them.....

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum