Nurses Ball 2017 Empty Nurses Ball 2017

Post by MPchimesin Tue May 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Well here are my favs.....in no particular order

Ladies Gowns:

Nina
Liza
Jordan
Anna (?)

I'm sure we will see more especially from Lucy.

Gentlemen:
Oh Mario.....Yummy..... Griffin, Dante, Michael, Curtis, Eval, (yes he looks good), Felix and YES my Sonny in a tux Love Well  I say(no one else has to say it) but I say put a man in a tux and I melt like butter♥️♥️♥️
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Nurses Ball 2017 Empty Re: Nurses Ball 2017

Post by believeinme246 Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Elizabeth's was my favorite, with Nina's in second place.
believeinme246
believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Nurses Ball 2017 Empty Loved the Opening!

Post by Freda3000 Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am

I loved the opening number!    I wish ABC would put the Nurses Ball episodes on DVD's so we could buy them.   You can't count on DVR's lasting for long.

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Wed May 24, 2017 1:22 pm

I dont usually care for Sam's style but i thought she looked so pretty in her yellow gown with the colorful jewelry. 

Jordan looked sexy in black and Anna was classy in white.

I couldnt help but laugh when Lulu lumbered onto the red carpet in that balloon gown - what a way to cover her giant baby bump - LOL!

All the men looked great - even sloppy Franco cleaned up nicely Wink
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Freda3000 Wed May 24, 2017 2:36 pm

moon0627 wrote:I dont usually care for Sam's style but i thought she looked so pretty in her yellow gown with the colorful jewelry. 

Jordan looked sexy in black and Anna was classy in white.

I couldnt help but laugh when Lulu lumbered onto the red carpet in that balloon gown - what a way to cover her giant baby bump - LOL!

All the men looked great - even sloppy Franco cleaned up nicely Wink

Oh, I totally agree - Lulu looked like a float in the Thanksgiving Day Parade!    I know we are all supposed to pretend she isn't pregnant but it is getting a little absurd.

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Wed May 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Loved both of Lucy's dresses today, but I really was taken by Valerie's.......I really liked her dress, but still can't get over her messing with Dante & Lulu.

AND I totally agree Lulu looked huge........perhaps they should have left her at home, or covered by a  big table arrangement.

Last edited by MPchimesin on Thu May 25, 2017 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by believeinme246 Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm

I was remembering Carol Burnett making a dress out of the drapes but forgetting to take out the curtain rods.
believeinme246
believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbaPassion Thu May 25, 2017 4:49 am

A gigantic pink Easter eggs laying hens: that's what Lulu looks like in that horrible canivalesque dress. 

All her eggs were stolen though...

Oh i know! All the guests willl take shelter under Lulu's dress when chimera gets out of the can, that's how the town will be saved.
RumbaPassion
RumbaPassion
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 am

I sure hope nothing happens because of that whole Chimera thing but what a waste of time because of it.

AND I am keeping my fingers crossed that Sonny figures out that Ava switched out Morgan's pills.
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Thu May 25, 2017 9:52 am

I'm disappointed by this year's Nurse's Ball. Mario is cute, but 
why is he there????

Now Charlotte and Emma are in danger of that thing.
Don't want anything else bad to happen to children.

Robert should have been there for Emma's performance. Is no one
videotaping the performances??? If sick, just kidnapped Anna can
be there, why can't Emma's grandfather? (I know...he and Patrick are just figments of our imaginative memories)

G H used to be about the families.

And Robin could have made an appearance in a wheelchair if necessary...the Nurse's ball was her thing for Stone. Not a showcase for newAmy. Or an opportunity for Lucy to change dresses.    Yes, Lulu's dress is unusual...but at least she's there. 

Even the stripper guys won't cheer me up this time. (If they even
show up)    Why can Dr O not perform???   

The only good part of the Chimera storyline is the glimpses we have of the most stylishly dressed ghost of Helena.

JMHO
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gh5fan Thu May 25, 2017 11:02 am

431902j wrote:I'm disappointed by this year's Nurse's Ball. Mario is cute, but 
why is he there????

Now Charlotte and Emma are in danger of that thing.
Don't want anything else bad to happen to children.

Robert should have been there for Emma's performance. Is no one
videotaping the performances??? If sick, just kidnapped Anna can
be there, why can't Emma's grandfather? (I know...he and Patrick are just figments of our imaginative memories)

G H used to be about the families.

And Robin could have made an appearance in a wheelchair if necessary...the Nurse's ball was her thing for Stone. Not a showcase for newAmy. Or an opportunity for Lucy to change dresses.    Yes, Lulu's dress is unusual...but at least she's there. 

Even the stripper guys won't cheer me up this time. (If they even
show up)    Why can Dr O not perform???   

The only good part of the Chimera storyline is the glimpses we have of the most stylishly dressed ghost of Helena.

JMHO

Exactly.....even the CASSADINE family was a family.....very very dysfunctional....but a family.

I still hope that this Chimera thing will reveal that Helz and Nik are still very much alive and just GH "dead".
gh5fan
gh5fan
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Thu May 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Come on now ... i understand a yearning for the past but time moves on and its the next generations turn to do their thing. 

I thought showcasing Nurse Amy was very well done.  And Joss was very sweet.  True - i did miss the hillarious Dr. O - maybe she's on today ? 

And families do change so even if Robin and Robert werent there some other family ties were represented and its still about the cure for HIV.
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Thu May 25, 2017 3:14 pm

OK .......so the 2017 Nurses ball has come to an end......I liked all of Lucy's dresses but the first one and Olivia's dress was beautiful .....imo.

Ava you in trouble girl!!!!!!!

I certainly missed the men in their undies/shorts this year.

Mario was there because he was one of the host of the so called red carpet.....yes he is cute....very cute♥

Glad they had Robin make an appearance via  the tv.

AND truly loved seeing Helena (CT) again.
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Nurses Ball 2017 Empty 2017 Nurse's Ball - SHort?

Post by Freda3000 Fri May 26, 2017 12:16 am

It seemed to me that there weren't that many musical numbers this year.   I can think of only about 4!   They were good, but I was expecting more.  I was really happy the truth about Evil Eva is out. I can't wait for her to get what she so richly deserves.   I just hope that Carly and Sonny can exact justice without it blowing back on them.  One good punishment, I think, will be the look on Kiki's face when she looks at her Mom after learning the truth.

Last edited by Freda3000 on Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Freda3000
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Fri May 26, 2017 6:32 am

Your right Freda.....we had no Dr. O, nor no men in their undies musical it did seem a bit short this year.    However I'm with you..... so glad that the truth about Ava is out, don't know what Sonny & Carly are going to do but I already feel bad for Kiki  She is going to be devastated when she learns the truth.
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Fri May 26, 2017 7:10 pm

I guess the Ball turned out better than I expected. 

There were so many overlapping story lines to wrap up between 
the performances so they had to have fewer acts than usual, I guess.

We should have had a drinking game for every time Lucy changed clothes. Smile 

I did like Val singing the Billy Joel song to Nina. (Still don't trust him)

Robin (Kimberly) was beautiful in her video speech. I teared up. (Yes, I am capable of emotions.) 
I've watched her from the first time the character appeared and
remember how devastated she was when Stone died and then how worried she was before Emma was born. She has grown up on
G H and we are proud of her.

G H actors  are the most talented at bringing their characters to life and making us care about the characters. Some of them have spent decades performing on the show. We have lost many beloved people who continued to work until their mortal
lives ended. 
Their work was so excellent that we continue to think about them after they are gone. That says a lot for imaginary people who were created by actors and writers.
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Sat May 27, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm so thrilled that we are finally getting a conclusion to a few of the stories.  The Alex/Anna story will be over once they get the chimera out of Jakes hands.

I'm beyond thrilled that Sonny & Carly found out the truth about Morgan's pills, lets hope Ava pays one way or another Wink  

and we now know who is really behind tainting Finn's test!
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 pm

Kudos to the performances of the GH stars. What fine talent by these actors. I hope the Nurse's Ball continues every year for as long as GH aires!  Lucy is the best, kooky at times, but the best MC for this.  Love her gowns, and hope they always use her! 
Now after the applause and praises, I'll post another comment, which might not sit right with some of you.  
But for the Ball -  Bow

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Wed May 31, 2017 4:31 pm

here goes: 
RumbaPassion- 5.25- said: "A gigantic pink Easter eggs laying hens: that's what Lulu looks like in that horrible canivalesque dress. All her eggs were stolen though...
Oh i know! All the guests willl take shelter under Lulu's dress when chimera gets out of the can, that's how the town will be saved.”   good one, Rumba, lol: 
 AND my take on this Rumba and folks is:  you mean to tell me they couldn’t have put her in a black ‘umpire’ gown, which flows down the front, and wouldn’t accentuate her belly, and add maybe a white sash, to break up the drapness of all black??  yup, a heck of a lot better than that horrid, balloon, gown, with which she kept shrutting around in, holding it out even further, as the biggest flower on the earth!!!  Absolutely, ridiculous, and no reason for it! The designer needs glasses!

MP said: "I'm beyond thrilled that Sonny & Carly found out the truth about Morgan's pills, lets hope Ava pays one way or another."   
 AND MP, and all, as horrible as it sounds, I was wanting her to burn to death, like Carly called it! It’s no secret how much I despise her, have from the Connie shooting, and still, how she was almost gloating over Morgan, and trying to blame Sonny and Carly, charging them as ‘negligent’ in not keeping track of his downward spiral! Not surprised though, just what you’d expect from a person with NO ‘conscience’!  All she was scared or worried about, was Sonny finding out and having her ‘killed’. Obviously, she doesn't want to die, but it's OK if she causes someone else's death (Morgan) and kills Connie, in cold blood!  And yet, she lives. More GH bunk! what's his face, refuses to let her go! go figure?

Val singing to Nina was dynamite. I’m team Val, have been for awhile, contrary to what most of you think about him!  And on that note, I’m not “TEAM pink Balloon Lulu, and her Mom Laura, who I always cared for!”  But not now, all their scheming, and nastiness, against Val and Nina, to “ultimately get Charlotte away from her father and Nina!”  I’m miffed at them. Yes, he did, blah, blah, blah!  But those 2 gals, are and haven’t been, no angels! Val did what he did as he was duped by Alex, lied to, and considering what he was facing, his severe deformity, and a life of pain and torment, he took to selling this product, that, let’s not forget, the WSB created, in the first place, to the evil witch of all time, on GH!  Look what she did to little Jake! Some parent rearing on her part!!! Helena held fast to the “Cassidine destruction of PC and beyond, in so many years past! But VAL, the ‘outcast’ in the Cassidine family, was not like Mikkos, Starvros, Helena, and the lot of them! No, he suffered, unlike them!
Val truly loves Nina, and his precious daughter!  He was fair in the beginning with wanting to share custody with Lulu, he tried to be, but no, the spoiled offspring in the Spencer clan, who from years past, haven’t been the shining examples, usually came out smelling like roses! Well, after today, it sure looks like, even Nina, won’t be on Val’s side either!  She was before the surgery, then went to the Pink Balloon and now looks like, the love’s gone out of Nina’s eyes!  This show has so many twists and turns, most of which I’m not fond of! I know they are trying to tie up 
S L's and yet, the endings, haven't been to my satisfaction! I'm not too fond of this writing team. 
(well, unfortunately, just what I expected! will not say anything else, for spoiler purposes) But needless to say, I'm once again, disappointed!......

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top