DWTS General Chit Chat

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DWTS General Chit Chat

Post by therealdfshary on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 pm

We are having a blizzard here today. I'm getting out of here next week into warmer weather for a few months.  Hooray!  Very Happy
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 am

Happy that I finished shoveling 8 inches of snow before the sub-zero
temps predicted for tomorrow turn everything into ice.  What a brutal winter
we're having!  Praying that the heat and power stay on. 
Enjoy the warmer weather, shary.  Lucky you!
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:27 am

It's been bitterly cold for a while now and I'm sick of it already. Hopefully the forecast for more normal temps next week will hold.  Hissy fit
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Not dancing but too cute. Princess Charlotte started nursery school and her Mom took some pictures. 

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

Cute, cute, cute! Smile
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 am

She's so adorable.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 am

She is so cute ... love her red shoes.
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm

They sure make cute children
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

For the last few days I have been seeing Meryl Davis mentioned as a possible contestant on the athletic version of DWTS coming in April. Some are speculating that the show will feature athletes from previous seasons. Maybe Hinch will be one of them!
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I wish that they were having a regular 10 week season.
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 am

I must say I am not a fan of this "short sport" season.If they are just going to bring back past winners,why not just have a show with our own pros and let them do some dances.

They can't start out with novice dancers and have a seasoned "winner" in four weeks and why bring back an ice dancer that can already dance to "learn" to dance in four weeks  ..... it's a farce.They should just bring the DWTS summer tour on and have a four week season of specials.They could still have past winners on as guests.

I'd watch that  .... Smile
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 pm

What bothers me more than how they do it is actually why they do it. Should the answer be that casting is getting more and more difficult, it might be due to the bad treatment of people like Vanessa on anti-social media. But then, wouldn't this affect the fall season too?

Whatever the reasons are, the two season schedule was well established and breaking it is risky business. I assume many fans will be disappointed.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:16 pm

I definitely agree the show is getting more difficult to cast because they are running out of real celebrities to get on the show.  That's why I was thinking maybe they should have only one season so they can get better people on the show, though I'm sure some people wouldn't be happy with that.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:07 am

Well one proper season would be better than trying this made up version.I think that the fact that the "winner" is pretty much known from the onset and sometimes before step one is made,does put people off of the show some.TPTB are "producing" the show too much and are too obvious and that doesn't help.

It would usually take me a few weeks to guess the winner but now it is pretty obvious before one foot is even put on the dance floor.I mean really why watch the show if they are making it so obvious who will come out the "winner".
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 am

This obvious-winner-phenomenon has occurred in earlier seasons as well. In fact I think it was way worse in the days of Conrad Green.
This season we've had two front-runners. For me, none of them was favored by the producers. What separated them from the pack was their talent and their pros. They battled it out, and it was fine. Plus we had Drew and Frankie in the final four, which I guess wasn't necessarily on TPTB's agenda.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 am

I think some of the winners are obvious and some are not.  Meryl was definitely obvious.  Between Kellie Pickler and Zendaya, was Kelly the obvious one?  What about Donald Driver and Katherine Jenkins?  I was sure Katherine would win.  I was thinking in another season, Jordan Fisher might not have won.  Look what happened to Corbin Bleu?  But maybe they liked Amber's personality more.  There must have been times when we thought someone would win for sure, when they didn't and vice versa.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 pm

The seasons you mentioned are those I also had in mind. Some more examples which also prove that it can go either way: both Bindi and Laurie were deserving champions, but in both cases there was too much hype and drama going on. Rashad on the other hand did not have winner written on his forehead, and Emma definitely had much less wind beneath her wings from the producers than Maks with Meryl, Derek with Bindi, or Val with Laurie. Rashad wasn't even the judges' pick, that was Normani, and even in his sport he was far from the star-status of Emmitt, Jerry, or Hines.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Yesterday at 7:09 am

I admit I have not watched the show from the very start so I should not say the winner was/is obvious each season.I have still been able to pick the winner on the seasons I watched.

I really think if they didn't "produce" so much it would be just as interesting and fun on the show.I think sometimes they push certain pro's and celebs through the season because they are preparing for the summer tour too  .... jmhp of course.
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum