DWTS General Chit Chat

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 9 Empty Re: DWTS General Chit Chat

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

From the MsMojo channel on YouTube here is a new list of Top 10 dances from DWTS.  MsMojo is a pop culture lists channel, and their list results do not always make everyone happy.  So of course many other dances are missing here.  They did go as far back as 2009 for Joanna and Derek's Paso Doble and Giles and Cheryl's AT.  It was good to see James and Jenna/Sharna's Suicide Squad VW included at No. 3.

Very Happy

Last edited by suebob16 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm

suebob16 wrote:From the MsMojo channel on YouTube here is a new list of Top 10 dances from DWTS.  MsMojo is a pop culture lists channel, and their list results do not always make everyone happy.  So of course many other dances are missing here.  They did go as far back as 2009 for Joanna and Derek's Paso Doble and Giles and Chery's AT.  It was good to see James and Jenna/Sharna's Suicide Squad VW included at No. 3.

Very Happy

**SPOILER ALERT**

Spoiler:
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Very Happy

**SPOILER ALERT**

Lol, it wasn't my personal favorite from them, but it was a very good one.   Very Happy
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:47 pm

The top 10 dances list was of course, just someone's personal preferences. There were some good ones but some great ones weren't included. My personal top dances would include James' and Peta's freestyle and the MJ ChaCha and the Jazz trio from Corbin, Karina and Witney. And going way back that mambo from Mario and Karina. James' and Sharna's freestyle was ultra memorable for me too.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm

IMO Mario was the best dancer ever on DWTS. He lost to Emmitt because of personality. Things were brought up on msg board about his personal life which had nothing to do with dancing. Also IMO I think the most improved dancer was Lisa Rinna who started out not dancing well and ending  in the top four. That season Jerry Rice came in second because of his personality. IMO he should have finished about fourth. Soapbox
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:37 pm

P.S. I loved #1...What a surprise.. LOL! Anybody that knows anything about me knows how I feel about Maks!  Very Happy
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:37 pm

I think no other version of this show has produced more memorable routines than DWTS. I have given up trying to rank them. Each one stands for itself. And who knows- maybe the best is yet to come? Just this week the Utah-Girls wowed everyone with a Foxtrot and an AT which will certainly be remembered. I already added both to my playlist.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't think I could come up with a top ten at all.  I'm not sure I could even come up with a top 25 from 25 seasons.  And I should also note that how I would rate any dance today would be different from how I rated it at the time it was first danced, because now it is removed from its larger contest context and just stands on its own.  

I definitely do think, though, that the music plays a really big part in whether or not I find something memorable and worth watching a tenth time.  

But if I was asked for the top ten trios, I am absolutely certain that Corbin's Jazz Trio would be high on that list.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 pm

I have too many favorite dances over all these seasons to even try and rank them.  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Emmitt had more personality than Mario?  Mario seems to have a lot of personality.  Maybe they liked Emmitt better? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Emmitt had more personality than Mario?  Mario seems to have a lot of personality.  Maybe they liked Emmitt better? 
People were writing rotten things about Mario's personal life & saying that his ego was huge. When Emmitt won Mario made a side remark that he was actually the better dance. IMO I thought he was too, personality aside. Emmitt did come off as a nicer person, but not a better dancer.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 pm

I assume Emmit had the bigger fan base. And he definitely had charisma.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 pm

But Mario was on that show Saved by the Bell which was very popular here and host on Extra.  People probably thought he had too much ego.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Who knows why people vote for whomever. I often find myself not connecting with the most popular star. At the time Emmmit won football players had a huge advantage and were very popular. He was a nice guy and a pretty good dancer; Mario was a much better dancer but popularity won that season. I always say the best dancer doesn't always win DWTS but the most popular always does. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:02 pm

I don't know who most sports people are so they would have to win me over with personality, charisma and dancing, like usual.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 pm

If you go back and watch Emmitt's Freestyle, you might recall how wow-inducing it was.  For such a big guy, his lightning fast stepping was pretty amazing to watch in that dance.    

But also, I still come back to the theory that America votes for the person who they most want to make feel good, so that they themselves will have a feel-good win.  Mario Lopez was the better overall dancer, but one would expect him to accept the award with a certain amount of cockiness, because that's the bad boy he is.  In contrast, anyone would expect Emmitt to be surprised and tickled and humbled by the MBT.  America loves that.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 am

Not ballroom but it's dance. The incomparable Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir with their Skate Canada International gold medal free dance. I would love to see these two on DWTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPt_vJUMoU
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 pm

HOLY buckets!  That was outstanding!  Breathtaking!  

Thanks for uploading, Lesallee!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Awesome, always liked these two.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 am

Fantastic!  Best ice dancers since Torvill & Dean.  Thanks, sis. Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:27 am

Babs2147 wrote:Fantastic!  Best ice dancers since Torvill & Dean.  Thanks, sis. Smile
Torvill and Dean - Bolero, one of my all time favorite ice dances ever.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm

I saw on Pure(see what you've done sister lesellee, I'm looking at Pure!!! No) They said when the press release came out it said there would be an elimination, not one couple will be eliminated, so they were betting on a double elimination this week. I knew one was coming so before they even brought out the two envelopes when it was just Vanessa and Nikki.
    I think Nikki thought the wrestling fans would pull her through. Artem was pretty upset in the interviews after the show. He thought they were ok according to facebook and the numbers........those numbers can be misleading Artem......sometimes!
    For us Vanessa and Maks fans...... to quote Shary, "This sucks big time Yuck!" Yes it does Shary!!  To me Vanessa, Nikki and T.O. were really the only ones left that were making it about the journey(and not getting caught up in the Jordan and Lindsey drama) and enjoying learning, and just being on the show and doing the best in bringing, at least me, memorable dances!!  Kudos to Maks, Artem, and Cheryl for that! Loved it when Vanessa and Nikki started dancing together after they got eliminated!!  Sad going to miss these two gorgeous ladies and their handsome pros!!
    It seems to me Jordan and Lindsey and the others that are left(except T.O.) are making it the Jordan and Lindsey show. Do they not remember this is 'Mak's Show'!!! Laughing (Jordan may not have been born yet, but surely he's heard of it, oh wait he's too busy being an accomplished dancer, singer and actor)    Rolling Eyes     

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Halloween...  This afternoon and evening I had at least 150 children approach my door trick or treating.  The nice weather just brought out everyone, it seems, but still ... we can't possibly have that many kids living in the neighborhood!  Fortunately, they were all very polite children, every one of them making eye contact and saying "thank you", which was nice.  

Learned not to trust newspapers which told me that Reese's cups were the favorite of the kids... in my neighborhood, every one of the kids reached for a Kit-Kat instead!

My giggle of the day was the town police car which dropped off and stayed watching as two little kids in prison stripes came to collect their candy.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Wow, Psychee, 150 kids! We had about 40 and that was a good turnout for our older neighbourhood. 

My laugh: a little guy, about 3, came to the door and just stood there smiling at me. Mom, being helpful, said "What do you say"? Well he thought a bit then said, "Knock, Knock". I was so tempted to say, "Who's there"?
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 am

That's really cute.  Three year olds are adorably fun.  

Yeah, 150 kids.  I know that from the amount of candy I handed out.  Two of the streets in the neighborhood were lined with cars (and this is a neighborhood that ordinarily has no cars parking in the street) so I am thinking that a lot of those kids came from elsewhere.  I certainly don't see many kids around at any other time of the year.  But when I asked kids if they lived in the neighborhood, everyone I asked said yes, so I don't know what to think.   All I know is that Halloween is not predictable.  Two years ago there was an onslaught so last year I bought a ton of candy and I only had about forty kids, leaving a lot of candy left.  This year I bought a ton of candy again and I came real close to running out at the end.   
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top