Team valmani

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team valmani - Page 4 Empty Re: Team valmani

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm glad that Rashad won but I think a big factor in addition to his likability is that he is in sports and, therefore, very popular.  How do you explain David winning over Normani?  A lot of the people who win on the show are either sports connected or it's about patriotism or both, example, the Olympics.  I won't say everybody, but a lot of people have this profile.  If you're sports-connected and not likable, that's a different story.  I know this happens, because I'm not a big sports person so I don't know a lot of these people, but I will root for them if I like their personality.  Though it doesn't explain why Kellie Pickler won over Zendaya!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 pm

I don't follow the NFL or care about it so the football players that come on DWTS have to win me over with their personality and dance talent. Some do, Rashad, Donald Driver and more) some don't. I won't speak to patriotism because I am Canadian so your Olympic heroes aren't mine.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed May 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Glitters, I really was surprised to see Normani placing third.  That David placed second was probably a combo similar to Rashad of sports, likability, and dance ability.  Even though David definitely wasn't the best dancer, many viewers probably saw something of themselves in him and that made him relatable.  

Normani was not my personal choice this season, but she is certainly a talented dancer and performer.  I would like to see her in maybe a future live musical for TV.

I think we both agree that it was a combo of sports and likability and dance ability in Rashad's case.  I'm not sure if he was a really well known football player entering the show, but he is certainly better known now thanks to his win.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 pm

IMO I think Heather,Simone & Normani were the three best.  Again just shows that this is really a popularity contest not a dance contest.  Sad
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 am

Sue, there's a lot of thruth in what you explain. Yet my heart is still bleeding for Normani. She did not deserve this! Popularity or not- David in second place just doesn't feel right and tells us something got out of balance this season.
The good news is Rashad has it all and is a deserving champion everyone can accept. He showed talent, worked hard, improved, and peaked at the right time. I'm even more happy for Emma, who proved to everyone she was worth getting a contender after waiting so long.
But David and dance ability? Excuse me, but that was on a much lower level than the other two. I sensed David was popular, and so is Lindsay- deservedly, I might add. Remember I was the one who predicted they would make it to the finals,and I earned a lot of disbelief. However, once we've actually reached the finals, it really used to be the dancing that matters. It should have been a showdown between Normani and Rashad (as with Laurie and James, for example). That was probably the idea behind Val's freestyle, to just showcase Normani as the fabulous dancer she is. Well, it was the wrong strategy this time. They got lost between the big productions of the guys (not a lot of dancing going on in David's case), but even more they got lost in the power voting battle of football vs baseball fan crowds. Making it to the finals is usually as far as guys like David get. We've seen it with Bill, Alek, and many others. Just none of them was a sports icon, and that made a difference where it shouldn't have.
This season was a nightmare for female celebrities. We've never seen more talent on one cast, but never before it has been less appreciated. Heck, Len was actually right about Bonner. Just speaking it out loud was bad behaviour. Heather, Nancy, Simone, and finally Normani: all surpassed by male celebs who hardly compared to them. Popularity has always been an essential part of the competition. I know that, it's the same in Germany, UK, and everywhere. Probably that was Laurie's advantage over James, but at least both could actually dance! Just this season popularity was emphasized too much, and the dancing aspect suffered a lot from that- not only in the finals.  
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm

This reminds me of season 2. Frontrunners were Stacy Keibler & Drew Lachey, & this is how it played out.  
1--Drew Lachey--I believe that his freestyle "Ride a cowboy" pushed him over the top..87
2--Jerry Rice who came in second because of popularity when he deserved 4th.  80
3--Stacey Keibler because she had a sprained ankle & couldn't do freestyle well enough. 86
4--Lisa Rinna who was the absolute most improved.
IMO I thought it was a race between Stacy & Drew. #3 should  have been Lisa & #4 or even lower should have been Jerry Rice.  Now I will get off my   Soapbox
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun May 28, 2017 8:25 am

I don't know much about the first few seasons shary, but what you describe sounds familiar indeed. We had Rashad with 119 out of 120, Normani with 118, and David with 109. Talk about voting power.
As for Jerry Rice, he still seems quite popular. Maybe next season we'll see David Ross in Dance Center.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun May 28, 2017 3:07 pm

I hope they do add him to Dance Center, love that part of the show.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top