Team DenimNdiamonds

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team DenimNdiamonds - Page 3 Empty Re: Team DenimNdiamonds

Post by peebeeb Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Lesallee wrote:I wanted it to be fun and it was, if a little low energy. Oh and Sharna looks out of this world. Bonner's injury limitations definitely impacted this performance. However, I don't think scoring them the same as Mr. T was right.
Oh good grief, I missed that... they scored them the same? Really? smh
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:57 pm

Lesallee wrote:I wanted it to be fun and it was, if a little low energy. Oh and Sharna looks out of this world. Bonner's injury limitations definitely impacted this performance. However, I don't think scoring them the same as Mr. T was right.
I agree with you that it was somewhat low energy.  Bonner is trying to be more open in his moves and facial expressions, but he still isn't quite there yet.  I was right though that he does look good in period clothes.  Next week is Most Memorable Year, so I'm sure Sharna will do her best to tell Bonner's story.  

As usual, weird scoring.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:39 pm

I can see why they got the same scores. Bonner may have had more content, but Mr. T brought the character. I was worried before that Bonner might struggle with the Charleston, but I had no idea how much of an actual limitation his injury would be technically. Sharna had to go back from James to Noah mindset and work around it, and she did great. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:48 am

I thought that would be a tough one for him and it really was, in more ways than one. I was really surprised, I thought it was just a difficult dance for him in general. Did not realize he had limitations, I never noticed that in his other dances.  Yes,  Sharna will figure it out and have him looking good!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 pm

From Bonner. Apparently Twitter has been nasty lately. Stupid people.

Team DenimNdiamonds - Page 3 Img_0529
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:42 am

Sharing Thumbs up! to Bonner!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Respect, man. Couldn't have been any clearer, and it came at the right time. I particularly appreciate your respect for Sharna.
However, this is exactly why I stay away from social media (with the exception of our Lovely Ladies on Instagram). Who needs all these haters and idiots?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Good for him.  Applause

I don't do the social media thing either. The nastiness is unbelievable. 

Have fun Bonner.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Nice job Bonner!  Applause
        I still don't get how he did the things he did in the first and second dance and now he seems so stiff and a little unstable.....maybe this is wearing on him.  It made me hurt when they were taking those staples out  Pale   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 am

That footage of him falling off the bull was terrible.  Why are people doing this for a living?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:37 am

A lot of times I think they grow up around it and it's in their blood. Sometimes it goes through generations. Kind of like car racing, Dale Earnhardt Jr kept racing even after his Dad Dale Sr hit the wall at Daytona 500 and it killed him.
   The bull riding thing though.... I couldn't even stay on the fake one at Billy Bobs on the slowest setting they had LOL yep I ended up on the floor, but I wasn't laughing..ouch!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:42 am

I think dances in hold will probably work best for Bonner, and Sharna did a good job on their dance.  I liked that opening moment with Bonner facing his earlier self.  Sharna has said that Bonner has to deal with pain every day, so I'm not sure if there will eventually be a point where he is not going to physically be able to go further.  If anything this experience will let him see how far he can take his body as long as he is not causing further damage to his neck and spine.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:46 am

kincaid53 wrote:   The bull riding thing though.... I couldn't even stay on the fake one at Billy Bobs on the slowest setting they had LOL yep I ended up on the floor, but I wasn't laughing..ouch!!
At least the bull didn't stomp on you afterwards.  The bull looked like it stepped on him after he fell.  Yikes.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:02 am

Smart Sharna, keep it simple. Bonner does much better that way. He looked pretty good last night. After seeing his horrendous accident you can understand that stiffness in his movements. All in all, well done.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:03 pm

No wonder this suited him so much better than the Charleston. Like Sue, I love how thoughtfully Sharna adds those little details. Reminded me of AB's Foxtrot where she incorporated his son. Unfortunately, they've only had one Latin Dance so far. Even if it's Ballroom again, might as well be Quickstep. Whatever comes next might be too much of a challenge, but I don't mind. My respect has grown.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 am

Here is a pic of that cool moment of the two sides of Bonner facing each other.  

Team DenimNdiamonds - Page 3 Tumblr_oo8dkoaWcu1ux4ycco2_500

Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:42 pm

I think I just figured out the similarites and differences between Bonner and James. Both had faced an almost lethal accident. But while James has totally recovered and proven he can do anything he sets his mind to, including racing again and ballroom dancing, Bonner is facing the fact he might never be cleared to return to his sport and is still trying to find out what his shattered body allows him to do- which affects him mentally on top of the physical limitations. James' goal after the accident was to get back behind the wheel. Bonner doesn't have a similar perspective. With that in mind, you can't help but notice how much more of a challenge Bonner is for Sharna. That Foxtrot may not compare to James' from week one, but scores aside it was a major achievement.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 pm

I have to add that James was that rarity, a natural dancer. Bonner has to work at it and it does present Sharna with a much greater challenge. I'm not saying James didn't have to work and train hard because he did but his body was more in tune with what Sharna was teaching him. Perhaps those racing instincts helped him; in James line of work you must be razor sharp and aware of everything, physical and mental. Bonner, as a bull rider required stamina and strength.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:28 pm

My family makes very good points.
 Two such very different personalities also.  James not only seemed such a natural dancer, but a natural stage presence whether serious, joyous or silly,  being able to take on the different characters for the dances so well.
  Bonner is more reserved I think, and has to concentrate on the choreography so much,  that it is harder to keep in character.  

What they both have in common.....their admiration and respect for Sharna, but then who wouldn't!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Team DenimNdiamonds - Page 3 17495310
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Why I posted the above yesterday? Because it perfectly illustrates the mental challenge I mentioned; the frustration when your body won't let you do what you want it to do. In Sharna's own words, "I think my goal for him is to have him moving better with his injuries, feeling stronger and more confident,” she said.

“That really is one of our biggest challenges right now, is that he doesn't have the trust and confidence in his body to be able to push it further and move it faster and harder." (quoted from Wetpaint)
I already saw a little of their Tango rehearsals, and maybe the Foxtrot gave him the confidence to do exactly that: push further and move harder. I really hope it's not getting too painful though.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:38 am

Caught a bit of their Facebook Live today.  According to Sharna it sounds like they will be portraying Ralph and Vanellope, which surprised me because Ralph is an adult and Vanellope is a little girl and they will be doing a Tango.  I think the other characters Felix and Calhoun would have been a better match because they eventually do become a couple.  Plus Bonner doesn't seem like the Ralph type.  Felix actually comes closer to being the southern gentleman.  Nevertheless, I hope they will do well and have a good time on Monday.  I  look forward to seeing their costumes and set--I bet those will look great.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:11 pm

It was nicely done. Bonner has come out of his shell and is getting into the character of his dance. I liked it. Mediocre scores, could have had another 8 I thought. 

May I say, Sharna is ravishing as a brunette!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:33 pm

That was very enjoyable.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Take a bow   Sharna looked adorable. Bonner is really trying and it shows Smile

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top