Sam today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sam today

Post by gh5fan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Ok, Ok I know that this will draw out everyone's HATE.....

What I want to acknowledge is the story telling disconnect of Sam and Scout.

Stay with me for just a moment.....I am truly a fan of Sam and Jason together as a couple and I know that is

a story about couples and LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON......

The part that I find not true to the characterization of who Sam and Jason are AS CHARACTERS is the part where

Sam handed Scout off to Epiphany.

The growth and maturity of Sam as a mother would not have let her choose Jason's safety over her child's safety.

Yes Phif is an AWESOME CHOICE to care for Scout.....I just don't see how Sam could choose to worry more about Jason's well being

than to take care of Scout HERSELF since taking care of SCOUT HERSELF is what Jason would have wanted her to do

more than worry about him.

I know that this is knit picking....I just believe that Jason and Sam are more in tune with the others desires than this episode showed.
gh5fan
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Sam today

Post by Tidus on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 pm

I don't see it as you picking.  I happen to agree with you.  Also if it is a slam, it's not at Sam, it's at the writers.

Tidus

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:45 am

I want to give Sam the benefit of the doubt...she was kidnapped and taken hostage and thrown off a bridge and gave birth outside in the cold and hasn't had time to completely get well.....but she seemed hysterical and a little irrational. Epiphany was right to take the baby to keep safe and warm.  Sam still seems to be immature. Sometimes it appears that Jason has to be the adult in that relationship.

And both of them are still too obsessed with Franco. Jason about
his relationship with Jake and Sam over what he did to her years ago. 

Writers need to let them be adult parents of their son and daughter. Jason doesn't need to work for Sonny anymore, and
Sam doesn't need to be a P I. Jason is a Quartermaine. They could live in Monica's house (that Alan gave her as a wedding present) since Alan was truly Jason's father. They could wear colors. (Do they plan to dress Emily in black???)  And Danny and Emily could grow up surrounded by family that isn't 'in the mob'.
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidus on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:55 am

Again, I agree.

Tidus

Back to top Go down

Post by gh5fan on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I agree that the writing needs to kinder to who Jason and Sam have evolved into.

Jason had just sacrificed his own life to save the life of Robin and her unborn child.

That is who Jason is.  (That is how REAL MEN act or at least how they need to act.

A big problem in our current world is lack of self sacrifice for another person's

well being.  Especially the well being of women and children.  Yes I am an old lady.

Women and children first was a great era in time).

Sam is also the mother that Alexis described when she said "mother's do not leave their daughters behind".

Not the one  in the scene today.
gh5fan
Power User

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum