Survivor, Season 34 - Game Changers

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor, Season 34 - Game Changers - Page 2 Empty Re: Survivor, Season 34 - Game Changers

Post by rkc1960 Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:52 pm

I'm glad they got rid of Sandra. She may be smart at playing the game but she was so irritating. The self professed "queen" just had to add that last jab at the end. I hope someone else wins this game twice so maybe she will shut up. 

Tai may be good at finding idols but I think he needs to go too. 

Debbie is just weird. Something wrong there. I couldn't be around someone like her and listen to her rambling for long. My facial expressions tend to give me away. lol. I'm also don't know the purpose of Cochrane's visit. I doubt Debbie would ever listen to anyone because she thinks she is perfect the way she is. That exile being on that boat was a nice twist though. I wonder what everyone else will think of that when they hear....or will she keep it a secret so others will feel bad for her?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor, Season 34 - Game Changers - Page 2 Empty Re: Survivor, Season 34 - Game Changers

Post by beardiedawg Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm

The smart thing would be for Debbie to keep Exile a secret but don't think she will.  She will brag to someone and hopefully it will be the end of her.

I really had no idea who was going home last night.  I was starting to think it as Tai and when he didn't play the idol, I was really sure it was him.  Sandra was entertaining with her manipulations but she sure had to go.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 am

I just picked my dropped jaw off the floor! Has anyone, I mean anyone ever pulled a boneheaded, despicable stunt like Varner ever on Survivor? Greed must have consumed every shred of decency he owned.  How could he think it would earn him safety? Everyone was horrified including Jeff. I thought Zeke handled it well although for a while, immediately after Varner's speech he looked shell shocked. Oh man, just when you think you know Survivor!

I'm glad the merge is next. Maybe Ozzy can stay a bit longer when he is the captain of his own fate. I do believe he was a gonner until Varner had his break with sanity. 

This is why I keep watching Survivor, year after year. You just never know what will transpire.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:45 am

Wow.  I liked Varner until he went and did that.  Jeff P sure had to think on his feet at tribal and handled it well.  Still have my mouth hanging open over this.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:38 pm

I didn't like Varner from his first go round on Survivor and he really outdid himself this time. What choices Zeke has made in his personal life has nothing to do with his Survivor game play and Varner knew this. I think he was desperate to stay and he was going to try to accomplish it no matter what. People have to be pretty low to destroy someone else for the love of money. I don't think he was sorry he did it but was sorry that he got called out for it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 am

When they did the tease where Varner mentioned that there was a secret about Zeke, I thought it was more along the lines of he had multiple immunity idols, a secret advantage or some such thing. 

He must've been very desperate to have risked so much to have said what he did. Or, had a very brain-dead moment due to starvation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:18 am

Lots of talk about this episode. Some are saying CBS should not have aired it. But Zeke himself gave them the go ahead, they wouldn't have done it without his consent. If it hadn't been aired the whole episode would have made no sense and would be pointless. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm

It was a horrible thing to do to Zeke. That whole thing made me disgusted beyond words.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:47 am

Zeke is very trusting...  I'm not sure I'd tell anyone anything in a game like Survivor that I couldn't risk getting "out".  I don't care how personal I felt with someone.  Do you think Zeke calculated this move, maybe an attempt to gain some extra support from his tribe?  If he did - brilliant!  If not, I feel terrible for him.  
Varner received the exact opposite reaction he was looking for and I am sure he feels badly about it now.
I think if Varner not opened his mouth - Ozzy was as good as gone.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:51 am

I'm not sure that Zeke had told anyone other than the producers and Jeff P.  I'm thinking Varner just picked up on it.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 pm

beardiedawg wrote:I'm not sure that Zeke had told anyone other than the producers and Jeff P.  I'm thinking Varner just picked up on it.
I had a few adult beverages when I watched  Dizzy , so maybe I'll rewatch with clear vision and see if I missed anything else.  I assumed Zeke told Varner.   Even crazier that he picked up on this and revealed it!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:26 pm

When did you know Zeke was transgender?
I suspected Zeke was transgender from the moment I saw him. And there were clues here and there throughout the whole thing. We didn’t know who Zeke was when he showed up. We didn’t have the luxury of watching his first season. [Editor note: Season 34 began filming before season 33 aired.] I don’t want to go into this whole this, that and the other about how I knew because I don’t think that’s respectful, not only to Zeke but to other trans people.

In Varner's own words.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:37 pm

Wow - interesting.   

I has never thought that about Zeke.  I honestly thought he was a gay man as he told Brett in the last season.  I mean, I guess he is still a gay man? However, I never once thought there were any clues as a TV watcher.  I remember Zeke playing in one of the challenges with his shirt off and in no way did it represent a womanly physique.  Obviously, being secluded with an individual 24/7 probably reveals much more than what we would see on edited TV.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I never saw any clues either.  In fact, once it was revealed, I was wondering if he was transforming from a man to a woman. 

I've been reading all the articles but have had to stop reading the comments.  Man, the comments people are making make Varner seem like an angel.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Man, how depressing.  I can't believe Debbie actually had a sane thought.   It's actually all Zeke's fault.  If he had stayed with going for Sierra, I think they could have pulled it off.  It was the wrong time to go after whatever her name was.  I think she would have stayed loyal with him to the end and he probably could have won over her.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Bye Ozzy, I will miss you but I knew you wouldn't last much longer. 

I suspect we will have a female winner this season. The girls are outplaying the guys. As long as it's not Debbie I'm fine with it. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 pm

I believe Debbie will fall soon - her social game will be her demise.  Too bad, she seems very inquisitive to what people are telling her...  She could be a force, but her personality is just too flakey.

Tai is the same way - he is flighty and plays a horrid social game.

I think it will be either Zeke or Debbie to go next.  I think Sierra and Cirie are not far behind.  
My picks for the end are Culpepper, Sarah and Troyzan or Aubrey.  

I must say - I like this season as well.  I don't think I'll ever grow tired of watching Survivor.  I've been a die hard since season 2 - Australian Outback!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Dazz wrote:Wow - interesting.   

I has never thought that about Zeke.  I honestly thought he was a gay man as he told Brett in the last season.  I mean, I guess he is still a gay man? However, I never once thought there were any clues as a TV watcher.  I remember Zeke playing in one of the challenges with his shirt off and in no way did it represent a womanly physique.  Obviously, being secluded with an individual 24/7 probably reveals much more than what we would see on edited TV.
I would have never thought of Zeke being born a woman either. I always thought his voice wasn't very deep for a man but when you see the hair all over his body I have to say I'm shocked. Obviously that comes from meds they take when transitioning, but still? I am assuming since Varner is gay and he said he is in contact with many trans people I would guess that may be how he picked up on it. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 pm

At this point, I have no idea who is going to win.  They really keep changing things up so each week anyone is fair game to go home. 

Who still has idols?   I'm thinking Troyzan has one and Tai has two?  Does anyone else have one?
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Ozzy was one of the last ones I wanted to see win. The only person left that I would want to win is Aubrey. I always thought she was a sensible person. 

Debbie is just weird. Just listening to her talk grates on my nerves. She is pretty egotistical when you listen to her. 

Zeke plays a pretty dangerous game at times. Unlike last time he was on this time there are people that are not new to the game and he is being figured out and outing himself as a true manipulator.

I just don't like Sierra. Something about her that doesn't sit well. 

Micaela no matter what Cirie might say to her is just going to be who she is. She can't hide her feelings and she obviously irks people because of it. Maybe people are thinking if they take her to the end that no one will vote for her because they dislike her.

Tai is quirky and he seems to have a decent social game going but he has made some game plays that are not popular with some so I don't know if people want him to win. 

Most of the others I could take or leave. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Damn, with Ozzy gone I have no one that I want to root for. *sigh* I'll keep watching and see if I can find someone I like enough to want them to win.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 am

peebeeb wrote:Damn, with Ozzy gone I have no one that I want to root for. *sigh* I'll keep watching and see if I can find someone I like enough to want them to win.
I know the feeling, pb. I am starting to lean towards Aubrey. She seems pretty savvy and I'm going to pay attention to how she plays.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Well, Debbie sure was blindsided.  She got way too cocky and I could see it coming.  I have a feeling Zeke is going next.

I really admire Cirie was sticking it out in that challenge.  Kudos to her.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Yeah, Dippy Debbie got way too full of herself, just like the last time she played. She got so much screen time last night that her elimination was really telegraphed. 

I may be contrary but I'm starting to like Michaela. She pulls no punches and kisses no posteriors. Doubt she will win but right now she makes me laugh.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:16 pm

I like Michaela also.  I'd like for her to win a couple of challenges and give them something to worry about.   I loved how she sat at tribal council eating that coconut.   I also like Sarah now.  She's thinking ahead without being too cocky about it.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top