DWTS Season 24

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DWTS Season 24

Post by kincaid53 on Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Lesallee wrote:The Trump reference baffled me sis. Only Julianne and CAI are American so why would Len and Bruno come down on him for being a Trump supporter? How would they even know he was a Trumpeter? 

The pros and cons on FB about Bonner's words are about 50-50. Many are like me, wishing he had taken a higher road. Before he posted this he had been talking about having a crush on Normani and wanting to ask her out - all cute and fun stuff. Then this and I am sorry he let his bitterness get the best of him.

I thought Bonner was being used when they put him in Normanis dance. Physically he got farther than some with less limitations, but mentally I'm not sure he was ready for this.
    Honestly I thought  he was kind of all over the place with his comments. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Sat May 13, 2017 7:11 pm

How can anyone who earns over $100,000 in less than three months for learning how
to dance with a beautiful woman like Sharna be bitter? Crazy For that kind of 

payday, I'd gladly allow Len to insult me.  Bring it on! Smile
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Babs2147 wrote:How can anyone who earns over $100,000 in less than three months for learning how
to dance with a beautiful woman like Sharna be bitter? Crazy For that kind of 

payday, I'd gladly allow Len to insult me.  Bring it on! SmileW
Well if you get on DWTS Sis, I know you will demand Alan as a partner. So I will have to come along to make sure that every thing is proper and up to Chongatroyd family standards. And on further consideration I think the whole family better come along. So while you are tripping the light fantastic with Alan keep in mind that you are under intense familial scrutiny!
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun May 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Remember Babs, this is a family show. I'll be watching you from the red room with my arm around Sharna's waist. 
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Sun May 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Can't wait to see who you would get in the Trio dance, sis!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 on Mon May 15, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks, Chongies.  It's good to know you have my back.  Smile
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Wow, had no idea that there was all this Bonner stuff going on.

That is why I do not do FB, Twitter, etc.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Mon May 15, 2017 8:01 pm

I think it was mostly a twitter thing, PB. I belong to a couple of DWTS groups on FB and Bonner was mostly treated well. Nick was the one that was torn to shreds on FB. The names some people called him were beyond horrible.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon May 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Lesallee wrote:I think it was mostly a twitter thing, PB. I belong to a couple of DWTS groups on FB and Bonner was mostly treated well. Nick was the one that was torn to shreds on FB. The names some people called him were beyond horrible.
Thanks for clarifying.

Both those guys should be very proud of what they accomplished on the show.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 pm

What just happened? I am stunned. I got an uneasy feeling when they were rolling in the tens. This I will have to mull over for awhile.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon May 15, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm sad for Simone, but very happy for David.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Make it a 4-couple finale, please!

Post by Walker7 on Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm

I wish there would be a way to bring back Simone, because there should be four couples in the finale.

And here are my votes for this week:
5 for Normani

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 pm

I must have been in a "difficult to please" mode tonight because the only two dances that impressed me were Normani's jazz and Rashad's Rhumba (what I could see of it for the damn lights!)  Idiotic!

And I finally realized, during Simone's Rhumba, why I haven't enjoyed her performances.  For me, her Rhumba was all movement and poses - not dance.  Make any sense to anyone?  lol.  Anyway....

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 pm

Walker7 wrote:I wish there would be a way to bring back Simone, because there should be four couples in the finale.

And here are my votes for this week:
5 for Normani

Quite a few times my fave got voted off too early I thought , but jmo when your done ...your done.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule on Mon May 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I wonder if the harsh critiques from the judges about Simone on last week's show influenced the voting, or maybe it was a sign that she would be leaving this week.  I also wonder if the judges know ahead of time who is leaving and that is why they gave Simone 10s so she would go away on a high note.  They seemed to be making it up to her for upsetting her last week.
thisoldmule

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 am

How did David beat out Simone?  Did you see the look on Len?  I thought he was going to have a stroke.  I thought it was going to be the same old gymnast is going to win even though she doesn't dance better than Normani. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue May 16, 2017 1:11 am

Could David be there partly because of Lindsay?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Could David be there partly because of Lindsay?
I don't think Lindsay is much of a factor in David's longevity on the show. He's a personable, likeable fellow with a huge fan base who are obviously voting like crazy. Bill Engvall went a heck of a long way just on personality but without that backstop of legions of fans. People have been asking for a baseball player since day one and now they have one they're going to keep in in as long as possible.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 on Tue May 16, 2017 10:31 am

All righty then.  < sigh >  This season started out for me with so very much promise.  Now?  I was sorry to see Heather go, but I got that because she is a professional dancer.  It's not ballroom, but still.  I can understand that some people wouldn't vote for her because of that.  Losing Nancy instead of Bonner or David made zero sense to me at all.  Losing Simone over David?  Just no.  Don't get me wrong . . . David seems like a really nice, grounded guy, and he's been really trying.  He's made some improvement over the weeks, but to me it just seems like he's gotten as good as he's going to get, and it's clearly the worst of the bunch.  It's not even close.  I like him; I don't really have a problem with him making final 4.  But final 3?  Nope.  I have zero interest in seeing a David freestyle.  He just doesn't have the goods for a great freestyle.  It might be fun, but it will either be basic so he can do it, or it will be painful because we'll have to watch him attempt lifts he just is not capable of doing well.  I honestly can't wait to see what Emma comes up with for Rashad.  And I'm looking forward to Val and Normani's freestyle as well.  She's my favorite to win - I just love watching her dance.  And many of my favorite routines have come from her.  I loved her jazz last night.  That was great.  And so was her waltz.  I didn't see what the judges saw; I thought it was great.  And Simone's first dance was awesome.  She really deserved that 40.  Her second dance was not as successful, but she still dances rings around David, and I really wanted to see her and Sasha do a freestyle.  Yeah, it might have ended up being heavy on gymnastics, but I really wouldn't have cared.  I think it would have been high energy and entertaining.  She did not deserve to go last night. 

Unfortunately, I think David must be running away with the vote.  At this point it wouldn't surprise me to see him win, which I would find disappointing.  I think Normani should win based on dance quality, but I'd be okay with a Rashad win because he's good, he's come a long way, he's entertaining, and he seems like a good guy.  David's a good guy, and he's very likeable, but he just doesn't measure up to the others in dance ability.  He'd be perhaps the weakest winner ever, imho.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 am

David better not win.  I can understand Bill Engvall being there as long as he was because he is a comedian and his personality.  I didn't realize there wasn't a baseball player on before.  We might be in trouble because of that.  It doesn't matter.  He just better not win over Normani or Rashad.  If David wins, then it's just about sports.  I don't know if Heather went just because of her dance expertise.  I think Normani is just as good and Nicole S won being a dancer.  I don't think Heather had the personality audiences wanted.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Tue May 16, 2017 3:35 pm

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the dances yet; just quickly checked the results this morning. I wasn't really surprised that my prediction came true and David advanced. I'm kind of sorry for Simone, but relieved it didn't hit Normani...
Simone's scores last week weren't that bad- seven points more than David. That gives you an idea how many more votes Gramps must have gotten.
Lesallee was worried Simone might win because they wanted to present her as the champion on tour, or milk the Sasha vs. Emma situation. Glitters was afraid she would win simply as a patriotic reward for her gold medals. Sit back and relax; it didn't happen.
People voted for personality over movement quality, but maybe even more for a couple with chemistry instead of teacher and student. Lindsay is a natural at connecting with her partners. Sasha could learn a lot from her.
I'm not worried about next week. Third place is as far as David will get. We could look at it like Len and moan for what we lost (i.e. Heather and Nancy), or be grateful for what is left: three highly sympathetic finalists, two of them with great dancing ability on top. Honestly, we've had worse finals than this.
I totally get what Lady Mustang is saying. At the beginning of the season, for most of us the final five were a no-brainer. We were reminded more than once there's more to it than just dancing.
I'd love to see Normani go all the way. Someone on Pure would choke on her Chmerkovskiy hatred. But in the end, this season it was never about Val (or any other pro, for that matter). Maybe more than ever, it is simply about the celebrities and how they resonate with the viewers.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine on Tue May 16, 2017 3:55 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I'd love to see Normani go all the way. Someone on Pure would choke on her Chmerkovskiy hatred. But in the end, this season it was never about Val (or any other pro, for that matter). Maybe more than ever, it is simply about the celebrities and how they resonate with the viewers.
Agreed, but I'd love for Val to win a third time just to stick it to PureBS  Giggle

Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Season 24 final is so much easier for me than last season. I so intensely hoped for a James/Sharna win that it was almost nerve wracking. This season I started out liking several stars and as they fell by the wayside I just moved to the next one. I would prefer to see Rashad and Emma win, for no particular reason, but all of the final three are worthy and I will be fine with any of them winning.

Last night for the first time I connected with Simone. She was a different girl on that dance floor. Freer, looser and happier. But, I guess last week did her in with the voting fans. When the first tens were flashed I thought, uh oh, Simone's in danger. The second set I knew what was going down. 

So there will be a DWTS spinoff show - celebrity kids and kids of celebrities competing with junior dance champs as their partners. I will reserve judgment on that. When SYTYCD did the kid season I wasn't wild over it.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 pm

I know what you mean, sis. Nothing can beat James and Sharna. But then Normani drew me in. We've had a long row of male favorites-Mr. M., The Chong, Nick, Nyle, and Hinch- so it doesn't even feel like cheating.
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Tue May 16, 2017 10:57 pm

This reminds me of season 2 when Jerry Rice came in second & belonged about 4th or 5th. He knocked out better dancers with his sports fans. He did however have a great personality.
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum