DWTS Season 24

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DWTS Season 24

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 am

Chris Kattan to Witney, "This is the part where we fall in love and you leave your husband."  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 am

Emma finally got a partner who doesn't make her seem so goody-goody.  I liked her a little more tonight.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:34 am

Does it seem obvious who is going to win? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am

shayvo wrote:

• "Cuban Pete", a song composed by Joseph Norman under the name José Norman in 1936, recorded by Louis Armstrong in 1937, and popularized by Desi Arnaz; it featured in I Love Lucy, performed by Ricky Ricardo, and in The Mask

Thanks for the info shayvo!

Some quick thoughts from tonight's premiere:

Lovely job by Nancy and Artem.  I want her to continue to enjoy her journey.

Felt bad for Chris.  I think he would have been even better if it wasn't for his earlier neck injury.

Mixed feelings about Bonner.  He seemed kind of hesitant (probably nerves), but he has the potential.

Charo has always had tons of energy to spare and was fun to watch.  I look forward to seeing how she does in ballroom styles other than latin.

Enjoyed David with Lindsay.  It's not easy to do a quickstep in Week 1.  I think Lindsay will have fun working with David this season like she did with Calvin.

Rashad and Emma--my favorite dance of the night!  So happy that Emma has a celeb partner with great promise!

Surprised by Nick.  He has potential.

Normani, Heather, and Simone as expected showed their potential to be contenders for the finals.  

I wonder if TPTB are going to create drama between the pro couples this season--Heather & Maks versus Nick & Peta as well as Simone & Sasha versus Rashad & Emma?  

I don't have an automatic favorite yet, so my votes are going to be all over the place.  Looking forward to next week!   Very Happy

Last edited by suebob16 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 am; edited 3 times in total
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:52 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Chris Kattan to Witney, "This is the part where we fall in love and you leave your husband."  Lol!

That was funny!! Laughing He is a hoot!!  I was surprised Witney has not ever seen SNL!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:57 am

Nick was impressive.  I liked Normani.  She has a lot of style.  They promote battles between pro couples?  When has this happened?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:04 am

I think you are right sue I think Chris does have some limitations because of his neck...I felt a little bad for him too, but the lift was really good and his finish was good Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:11 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Nick was impressive.  I liked Normani.  She has a lot of style.  They promote battles between pro couples?  When has this happened?
I was just wondering if the producers might use this situation to create drama during the season--not an actual dance-off battle.  It's still anyone's guess who will end up in the finals.
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 am

I really liked everyone.The dances were all great.So glad to see Emma this season and looks like she has a good partner.

It will be interesting to see Charo in a foxtrot and waltz  .... she is a fire cracker ... Smile
Oakma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

suebob16 wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:Nick was impressive.  I liked Normani.  She has a lot of style.  They promote battles between pro couples?  When has this happened?
I was just wondering if the producers might use this situation to create drama during the season--not an actual dance-off battle.  
I don't know if they would want that kind of negativity on the show and then people would believe it's real.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Just saw Jimmy Kimmel predicts Rashad and Emma will win. As Jimmy willingly admitted he's only right about half the time. But he might be on the money this time.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Thanks I was going to see who he picked.  Is the show just going to be on one night again?

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:01 am

Glittersisgld wrote:
I don't know if they would want that kind of negativity on the show and then people would believe it's real.
I don't seriously believe they would do this and it was just speculation on my part since we know how the show sometimes edits those film packages to make the public feel a particular way about a celeb or pro.  I think the most they might do would be some friendly and humorous trash talking as a filler segment, or maybe Sasha doing some kind of prank for April Fools Day.
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 am

I didn't know where to put this story so I'll put it here.  Procter & Gamble recently celebrated the 18th birthday of their Swiffer brand.  Maks worked with them and performed a dance at their celebration party with a Swiffer in his arms.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/03/17/dancing-with-swiffer-p-g-taps-into-trend-by.html

P & G said that there has been a trend on social media of people dancing while using their Swiffer products, so they invited Maks to participate.  Since Maks is both a dancer and a dad, it makes sense!  I hope that in the future there will be an official commercial with Maks dancing around a kitchen with his Swiffer.   Very Happy
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 am

Peta is probably saying, "Yeah Maks, get lots of experience with a Swiffer." 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:56 pm

It may be too early to pick a winner, but I see Sasha with Simone and Emma with Rashad battling it out this time rather than Maks/ Heather and Peta/ Nick (who might both make the semi-finals though, but Artem also has a shot this time with Nancy; and never count out Lindsay. Gramps was well prepared). Third spot in the finals however should be Val's. Normani is that good, and Val is best when he can bring the passion.
This already makes so many celebrities with actual dance ability that 'potential' alone will only get you this far. Mr. T, Chris, and Charo are cannon fodder; Bonner and Erika will probably leave around the halfway point. Can we expect a good season? Probably yes. Are we in for a surprise? Not at all.
What else did I notice? Remember what I recently said about Dancing With The Cars- that opening number was brought to you by Mercedes Benz. Don't think The Donald would appreciate that.
Yes, it's good to see Sweet P back in great shape, and Sharna is gorgeous as ever, but it was Kym who blew me away. Robert is taking good care of her apparently. And what a nice surprise to see Jenna in the front row cheering for everyone- just a little more for Bonner and Sharna maybe. Alfonso is becoming a regular (taking over from Florence somehow), and Laurie was probably torn between Normani/ Val and Simone/ Sasha. Speaking of Val, both C-brothers gave me kind of a déjà-vu. For a moment, I thought Tamar and Erin were back on the dancefloor...   

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm

There are so many good and interesting dancers that I would hate to see Simone win, and like someone else said on the board, she isn't even as good as Laurie.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Weird, isn't it? Simone winning would be two gymnasts in a row- Normani winning would be back to back for Val. In both cases, a lot of people might cry foul. So maybe Rashad and Emma are the best way out?
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Maybe.  He's a good one.  It wouldn't bother me if Val won again since I usually root for celebrity and not pro anyway.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Rashad charmed me. A Team ShadSquad win would be just fine with me. 

I know it's early days yet but so far, no overt producer pushing for any of the cast. Please let that continue so everyone can make up theirs own mind.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Maks said he was suppose to have another partner, but it would involve traveling the first 2 or 3 weeks and he said he didn't think he could do that. Rumour has it they first had Normani with  Maks. I applaud him for not wanting to leave Shai and Peta. Shows where his heart is!! Plus he seems very happy with Heather. I'm happy with them too!! Very Happy

Chris and Witney were my favourite of the night, because they made me laugh and smile so much Very Happy Laughing

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49 pm

He was funny but I wonder what he did to his neck. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Lesallee wrote:Rashad charmed me. A Team ShadSquad win would be just fine with me. 

I know it's early days yet but so far, no overt producer pushing for any of the cast.
I liked Rashad too, but you don't think they have Simone set to win?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:He was funny but I wonder what he did to his neck. 

Looked it up and all he says is that it was from a stunt thing, almost fatal, but said 'he can't go into it.'

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 pm

Man is this Bonner-Sharna so called showmance getting a lot of play. Social media is full of it. And I'm already tired of it!
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum