Nick's Bachelor Season

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Lesallee on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm

I wanted a place to talk about the episodes hence this thread. I may be talking to myself as this board's consensus seems to be thumbs down on Nick. However I rather like Nick, so here goes.

Nick's Bach experience showed last night in his conversations with the ladies. There is an obvious script he has to follow but he is managing to navigate it quite well. To me Corinne is a blatant producer plant but I think Nick knows she is and isn't especially impressed with her. I think she will last deep into the show to provide the outrageous factor that the Bach show loves but no way will she win. 

I think Liz was another plant but Nick was completely turned off by her and the producers allowed him to show her the door. 

I sort of like Danielle but Taylor is kind of "meh" for me. 

Anybody else have any thoughts besides "I hate Nick"?

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2550
Likes : 892
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Dazz on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Ok, I won't Nick bash but just know I came into this season with an open mind hoping that he would change it.  So far, no bueno.

The girls, ugh...  I really adore Rachel and I hope she goes far in the show but isn't chosen.  From what I've seen so far, I think she would make a viable bachelorette and someone finally not the normal type cast.  Anyway, I may have read some spoilers because I'm not sure I'll continue watching this season.  I'm trying but found myself fast forwarding through the dates.  I feel everything is even more contrived this year, maybe it's my preconceived notion.  I'm actually watching the Celeb Apprentice at the same time, ha.

Dazz

Posts : 187
Likes : 76
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Dazz on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Agreed with you on Corrine, she isn't a good actress.  Liz either, how awkward was she and looked so pathetic on the show.

Dazz

Posts : 187
Likes : 76
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by moon0627 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm not so sure about Nick , especially after he let Corrine continue to interrupt other womens time with him.  Its bad enough that he left the impression that he rewarded a woman who will strip naked to get his attention (tacky) but it was insulting that he didnt object by her 3rd interruption. If i were on the show I would seriously reconsider staying for him after that.  But aside from that, I really liked Danielle from the get go and after their date i like her even more but i'm also thinking she can do better than Nick.  As far as Liz, he was right to let her go since she didnt seem interested enough in him to show she wanted to stay for him , but he could have been more of a gentleman and at least walked her out !

moon0627

Posts : 246
Likes : 298
Join date : 2015-08-01
Location : San Francisco

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by sk8word on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Lesallee, I rather like Nick too, after Paradise anyway.  I didn't like him after After The Final Rose of Andi's season, but I liked him on  Paradise, even if I'm not sure of all his decisions so far this season.

I think it was the right to let Liz go, even though I kind of thought for a while there maybe she deserves  a second chance, but I mean, she was explaining how she doesn't like having phone conversations if she's in an "established relationship."  Then, Nick said the more she talks, the less she makes sense.  Hmm, I can believe that.  Anyway, I don't think she was being completely forthcoming when explaining to Nick why she didn't want to give him her number.  But anyway, without all that, I think he was -- to borrow a someone else's words, producer-influenced, to keep her around.  He didn't really want to give her a rose the first time.

On a side note, I felt that it was good of Christen to not reveal to the other women what Liz told her about Liz and Nick's past and didn't lay it all out even when speaking with Nick at first.  He had to specifically ask her what Liz told her.  It may be expected that a lady knowing such a secret not blurt it out to the other women, but on this show it seems rare.  lol

I was disappointed he gave Corinne the rose yet again after she kept interrupting and he reluctantly said "Um..." (the second time she interrupted?) and "Um, sure" (the third time?).  But she won't last through the end.  I think he was producer-influenced in some way.

I like Rachel too.  Hope she sticks around for a while.

sk8word

Posts : 5
Likes : 2
Join date : 2015-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by thisoldmule on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:04 pm

The photo shoot looked to me like Nick was practicing his modeling poses.  Of course, it is no surprise that this show is known to promote the careers of it's contestants. 
 I was disappointed that Nick would so easily put his hands on Corrine to cover her up for the photo; add that to his loose morals with Liz and their drunken one night stand, and I don't have any respect for him.  
Was it Taylor who was having a conversation with Nick and she talked about being in psychiatry?  Nick seemed really interested in her and she seemed happy about that even though her friends think he is a POS.
I think Christen seems too sweet and her standards too high to hook up with Nick.

thisoldmule

Posts : 102
Likes : 74
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by therealdfshary on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm

IMO he has no respect for women except as sex toys. I don't think he is looking for "love & marriage".

therealdfshary
Power User

Posts : 10112
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I like Nick too and Monkey don't pick on me because I said that.  I am not the only one saying this.  He thinks he doesn't pick on me, but he does.  I think Nick is at least interesting and nobody is perfect.  He isn't just a cardboard bachelor.  I wasn't that crazy about Danielle.  I found her kind of boring.  I like Danielle L better.  She seems more interesting.  I initially found Taylor interesting, but I'm not sure what I think of her now.  I think Nick falls for people easily.  I'm not sure why, but at least he doesn't seem to be a snob.  I just find Nick interesting to watch, which is a lot more than I can say for other bachelors who have been on this show.  I don't think Christen is right for Nick.  I think they would be better as friends than romantic involvement.  I don't think she is sophisticated or grown up enough for him yet.


Last edited by Glittersisgld on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 pm

I watch Celebrity Apprentice too.  Was sad to see Snooki go.  That Lisa has to go.  She is annoying on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Lesallee on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:06 pm

therealdfshary wrote:IMO he has no respect for women except as sex toys. I don't think he is looking for "love & marriage".
I think about 98% of the people appearing on Bach franchise shows are NOT looking for love and marriage. Rather, they look for a career boost and some measure of fame a/o notoriety. Because it is simply escapist entertainment to me I don't care a whit about their motivation.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2550
Likes : 892
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm

There are quite a few couples who are still together though and have had babies.  JoJo and Jordan are still together and a lot of people doubted them.  I'm not as cynical about the show.  Otherwise, I don't know if I would watch it.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Bachpourri on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi Lesallee. Thanks for this thread. I think Nick is interesting and the group of women is above average. I have high hopes for this season.

However ...

I would enjoy the show more if it weren't so full of contrived drama. Over 50%. Apparently romance can't stand on its own. Does that make the ratings higher - or lower?

Chris Harrison pointed out that it would be physically impossible for Nick to have dates with all the women the first week - group dates or otherwise. That's because the show only allows three dates a week, which is pretty ridiculous. There are 7 days with 14 afternoons and evenings. It is easily doable. The reason must be that they can't cram any more dates in a 2 hour show and have the drama too. Nick's time with the girls is limited for another reason as well. It keeps anticipation and hope at a higher level. Keep 'em hungry.

Since the same dramatic themes repeat season after season, it's clear that the producers don't leave the drama to chance. As in nearly all reality shows, they can't afford to. They have to plan it out in advance. It starts with casting. As Joel McHale joked on Jimmy Kimmel, the show must have its quota of "unstable" women.

The most obviously contrived plot line so far is the Liz situation. It's pretty clear that she came on the show because the producers sought her out - not the other way around - and when Nick grilled her about why she was there, she had to give a nonsense answer to conceal that fact. Her breakup performance with Nick, which used the real event of their wedding hook-up to ramp up the pressure on Nick, is something no woman would ever do if she wanted to pursue a real relationship. She was so nervous that she had to read from a script - when did she have time to write it? (Probably The day before.) And of course, the one woman she just had to tell was there as well to confirm Nick's worst fear. It was a prearranged bomb set to go off in week 2. She was only on the show for that bit of drama. My only question is, what did she get for coming on the show? No doubt there are other bombs waiting to be set off.

The show isn't scripted, for the most part. That would be too obvious. But it is tightly managed and edited to have the requisite story lines. Bachelor Nick, who is well paid and is therefore an employee, has to go along with it. While being interviewed by Chris Harrison at the end of last season, Ben commented that the show was at times "unreal" (a hilarious double entendre), at which Chris quickly changed the subject.

I love the romance, so I keep watching. I want to like the show more, but it just won't let me.

Bachpourri

Posts : 3
Likes : 3
Join date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 pm

I agree with Lesallee...I only watch this show for the entertainment value. If you watch it to see true love happen or even 100% truth you will be disappointed.

Corrine is definitely a typical plant by the producers so she doesn't concern me that she will be around long. Other contestants have done that constant interrupting in the past and the lead has always allowed it. Just part of the game.

Liz of course wasn't going to last long. If she really wanted to have a chance with Nick then she had plenty of opportunity and it was obvious she was using what happened as a way to get on the season. She didn't even have to tell anyone but the fact that she did was also something the producers had happen for drama.

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 995
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 pm

How do you explain Courtney Robertson?  Wouldn't you think she was a plant?  And then she won.  And Clare Crawley was a runner-up.  What about that crazy Vienna on Jake's season?  There are people who seem like plants who get far in the show.  Unfortunately, some of this reflects real life.  The nice guy doesn't always win. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by DoubleDS10 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Bachpourri wrote:
Chris Harrison pointed out that it would be physically impossible for Nick to have dates with all the women the first week - group dates or otherwise. That's because the show only allows three dates a week, which is pretty ridiculous. There are 7 days with 14 afternoons and evenings. It is easily doable. The reason must be that they can't cram any more dates in a 2 hour show and have the drama too. Nick's time with the girls is limited for another reason as well. It keeps anticipation and hope at a higher level. Keep 'em hungry.
It would be doable to have more dates but the lead would be exhausted by this...granted being on this show is their job for the time being and they should be providing as much entertainment as possible but dating that many people can be exhausting.
I have scheduled multiple dates for the same day and I find that I don't have the energy to handle that. I can't even handle more than 2 first dates in one week because getting to know somebody and asking the same questions can get tiring.
Again, I am talking from personal experience where I am living my life and working and dating multiple people at the same time...the lead in this show is doing nothing else but dating. However, they still need time to recharge so that they can at least muster some interest, either real or fake, for these dates.

DoubleDS10

Posts : 73
Likes : 34
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Calgary, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by DoubleDS10 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:How do you explain Courtney Robertson?  Wouldn't you think she was a plant?  And then she won.  And Clare Crawley was a runner-up.  What about that crazy Vienna on Jake's season?  There are people who seem like plants who get far in the show.  Unfortunately, some of this reflects real life.  The nice guy doesn't always win. 
I don't necessarily think that Corinne is a plant either...plenty of people act like that on their own. Taking her shirt off wasn't a big deal but I didn't like how possessive and needy she acted with Nick later. That would be a turn off for me.

I like Vanessa although she seems a bit bitchy at times. I thought the one he took on the yacht date was super boring...but then again so is Nick. Nothing interesting about that man at all that I find but I will still watch.
I think Christen is the hottest one there...none of the other girls really stand out to me as knockouts or anything like that.
They seem pretty average and fitting for the below average bachelor...

BTW, why does Nick talk like he has balls in his mouth all the time?

DoubleDS10

Posts : 73
Likes : 34
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Calgary, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 pm

That's just his style of talking.  I think Corinne acts like fatal attraction.  She's only going to get worse.  I thought the girl on the yacht was boring too.  That was one of the Danielles.  I like the other Danielle better.  I agree it would be exhausting to date a bunch of people in a week if you figure a date will last from 2 to 5 hours and maybe more.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Sorry but my ipad wont let me sign in to comment and I cant add quotes on my android so I am just going to say this comment is in reference to Bachpourri's post. I would think that the only way the producers would know that Liz and Nick slept together is if told by someone. Whether by Liz or possibly by Jade who is her friend. I would assume Liz told her and I assume Jade would ask Liz if it was okay before blowing the lid off the incident. Either way it would have had to have been told to the producers so they wouldnt have known to seek Liz out. It points to Liz having approached them regarding going on the show. If she really wanted to persue him she had every chance by all accounts. I just see it as her being on there to blow things up.


rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 995
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by thisoldmule on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:30 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Sorry but my ipad wont let me sign in to comment and I cant add quotes on my android so I am just going to say this comment is in reference to Bachpourri's post. I would think that the only way the producers would know that Liz and Nick slept together is if told by someone. Whether by Liz or possibly by Jade who is her friend. I would assume Liz told her and I assume Jade would ask Liz if it was okay before blowing the lid off the incident. Either way it would have had to have been told to the producers so they wouldnt have known to seek Liz out. It points to Liz having approached them regarding going on the show. If she really wanted to persue him she had every chance by all accounts. I just see it as her being on there to blow things up.

It seems totally possible, and maybe probable, the producers wanted Liz on this show.  Jade and Tanner's wedding was filmed.  There was a crew and probably producers at that wedding who knew Liz and Nick were a couple that night.  I doubt it was any secret among those attending that wedding.  The producers definitely look for anyone who they can use in a story line.

thisoldmule

Posts : 102
Likes : 74
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Bachpourri on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:20 am

rkc1960 wrote:Sorry but my ipad wont let me sign in to comment and I cant add quotes on my android so I am just going to say this comment is in reference to Bachpourri's post. I would think that the only way the producers would know that Liz and Nick slept together is if told by someone. Whether by Liz or possibly by Jade who is her friend. I would assume Liz told her and I assume Jade would ask Liz if it was okay before blowing the lid off the incident. Either way it would have had to have been told to the producers so they wouldnt have known to seek Liz out. It points to Liz having approached them regarding going on the show. If she really wanted to persue him she had every chance by all accounts. I just see it as her being on there to blow things up.

Hi rkc1960,

Of course I don't know that the producers approached Liz, but it seems very possible for the reasons I mentioned. Judging by Liz's actions, her agenda was not to seek a romance with Nick, but to make sure their secret was revealed - at her own expense and at Nick's as well. Either her decision making for pursuing Nick was extremely bad, or she was following a different script entirely.

I think it is likely that Nick himself told the producers of his hook-up with Liz (in January 2016). In order for him to become the next Bachelor (announced in April 2016), they would want to know everything about his dating and hook-up history since BIP, to make sure that there was nothing that would compromise him or the show. His liaison with Liz was no big deal at the time, so he would have no reason to withhold it. Bringing forth surprise girlfriends/boyfriends from the past or present has been a tactic used on the show several times before. As thisoldmule points out, the producers would not hesitate to do it again.

Nick could have avoided the whole situation by not giving her a rose. He had reservations about her and said as much to Chris Harrison, but he gave her the final rose nevertheless. I think that's because the producers control some of the roses, and they wanted her to stay. For the same reason, Nick will keep giving roses to Corinne until he finally ditches her near the end, probably after the Fantasy Suite. She won't like that.

Bachpourri

Posts : 3
Likes : 3
Join date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Lesallee on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:28 am

I think you have a pretty good read on the situation Bachpourri and rkc has some good points too. Personally I believe the whole Liz thing followed a pre-ordained story line. I could wish they hadn't done it because, truthfully, it wasn't that interesting. Nick seemed unimpressed with her from the start and seemed to be just going through the motions.


To me, Corinne is a plant and will be around a long time. As you say, she won't be THE ONE because Nick sort of telegraphs his true feelings and Corinne isn't up at the top of his list. I have some suspicions about F4 already so now I wait and see.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2550
Likes : 892
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 am

Liz went out with Nick before BIP.  Bachpourri, you said dating history since BIP.  I don't know if you meant something else.  Liz seemed bothered that Nick was trying to avoid her on the group date.  I would think she would be more indifferent if she didn't really care what he thought.  I thought Nick was trying to avoid her because she made him feel uncomfortable and because he wondered what she was doing there after she hadn't tried to contact him after they got together.  Anyway, Liz seemed confused about what she wanted when Nick was questioning her and I thought he was right about her coming across as vague.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Lesallee on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:04 pm

I read a few days ago that Jade has been vigorously defending her friend Liz on social media. Somehow I doubt Liz got much benefit out of appearing on the show.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2550
Likes : 892
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by Glittersisgld on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 pm

What was she defending?  Liz decided to go on the show and let it be known that she had a one night stand with Nick and then didn't give him her number and came on the show.  Different people would see that in different lights.  I know plenty of people have one night stands, but some people would be concerned about letting the world know about it.  She seemed on the show like a person who has a hard time trusting others, but I'm just guessing. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1466
Likes : 328
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick's Bachelor Season

Post by rkc1960 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 pm

If Nick and Liz hooked up before BIP I have my doubts that people were watching them at Jade and Tanner's wedding with any interest if at all. That was before Nick was even being considered for the new Bachelor. That apparently didn't happen until BIP. Whether Liz approached the producers or the producer's approached her for whatever reason is neither here nor there. Liz had the choice of whether to go on the show or not and she chose to go. As Nick said, she had the means to contact him after they hooked up and she didn't. At that point he wasn't in the running for the next Bachelor and maybe that is why it was no big deal to her. All the sudden he is the Bachelor and she is interested? Sounds fishy to me.

The point is that she went on the show and let it be known to the world that she and Nick had a drunken hookup and she walked away and didn't even attempt to get to know him as a person. He at least tried to get her phone number to persue a possible something and people are pointing at him like he is a male slut because this is revealed on the show. Liz didn't even have to say anything and keep it between her and Nick. She chose to reveal it and stir the pot. That reeks of producer manipulation.

Nick was asked in an interview by tv guide why he gave Liz a rose the first night. He said her answers the first night didn't make a lot of sense but they didn't get a chance to finish their conversation. He said he owed it to her to give her a rose if for nothing else then to let them finish their conversation. CH said he thinks Nick was a little upset because he trusted Liz, gave her an opportunity and she blew things up for him and then he had to deal with the ramifications of what Liz revealed.

I guess this is why I look at Liz as an opportunist and that is why she made the decision to go on the show.

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 995
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum