Season 23 - Week 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 23 - Week 10 Empty Season 23 - Week 10

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Here is the ABC Press Release for week 10:

Five Couples Remain as the Competition Heats up for the Semi-Finals, and Each Couple Must Perform Two New Dances, on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ Monday, November 14

FIVE COUPLES REMAIN AS THE COMPETITION HEATS UP FOR THE SEMI-FINALS, AND EACH COUPLE MUST PERFORM TWO NEW DANCES, ON ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’ MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14

The Celebrities Will Each Take Part in a Trio Dance

Sharna Burgess Returns to the Dance Floor After Suffering a
Knee Injury to Dance With James Hinchcliffe

At the End of the Night, One Couple Will Be Sent Home,
 Determining the Final Four Couples Heading to the Finals

“Episode 2310” – The five remaining couples advance to the Semi-Finals in one of the show’s tightest competitions ever, on “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network. Each couple will dance two dances – one being a style the couple has not danced to yet, and the second being a Trio Dance, in which each celebrity couple will dance with a third dancer. For the Trio Dance, Laurie Hernandez will dance with Valentin Chmerkovskiy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy; James Hinchcliffe will dance with Sharna Burgess and Jenna Johnson; Calvin Johnson Jr. will dance with Lindsay Arnold and Witney Carson; Terra Jolé will dance with Sasha Farber and Artem Chigvintsev; and Jana Kramer will dance with Gleb Savchenko and Alan Bersten.

The judges will score the Trio Dances, and the points from the couples’ routines and the Trio Dances will be added together for the final judges’ scores. 
Each celebrity will perform a foxtrot, Argentine tango, tango, rumba, quickstep, samba, jive, salsa or paso doblé. At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated, determining the final four couples who will go on to the finals to vie for the mirrorball.

The couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Foxtrot – “Hollow” by Tori Kelly

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Argentine Tango – “Santa Maria” by Gotan Project

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – Tango – “Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – Rumba – “Scars to Your Beautiful” by Alessia Cara

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – Quickstep – “Go Mama” by Wayne Beckford

The couples plus a third dancer will dance to the following songs for the Trio Dance (in alphabetical order):

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy with Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Samba – “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess with Jenna Johnson – Jive – “Gimme Some Lovin’” by The Spencer Davis Group

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold with Witney Carson – Salsa – “Limbo” by Daddy Yankee

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber with Artem Chigvintsev – Tango – “Hideaway” by Kiesza

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko with Alan Bersten – Paso Doblé – “Kill of the Night” by Gin Wigmore

Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and ”Dancing with the Stars” season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough. 

For week 10, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PST and closing at 8:00 p.m. EST/5:00 p.m. PST on Tuesday evenings.

“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Phil Heyes directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline. 

About BBC Worldwide Productions

BBC Worldwide Productions is a key business under BBC Worldwide North America, the U.S. division of the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), BBC Worldwide.  Based in Los Angeles, BBC Worldwide Productions develops and produces scripted and unscripted projects based on BBC formats/brands for cable and broadcast networks, as well as digital platforms. Key titles include “Dancing with the Stars” (ABC), “Getting On” (HBO), “Top Gear” (History), the limited series “The Night Of” (HBO) and the upcoming game show, “Hypnotize Me” (FOX).

ABC Media Relations

George Zaralidis 
(818) 460-7920
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amber Brockman
(818) 460-7093

Nate Reeves
(818) 460-6422

Jeff Fordis
(818) 460-6676

BBC WORLDWIDE PRODUCTIONS

Susana Voets
Vice President, Communications
(310) 228-1620

Fabrizia Mauro
Publicist
(310) 228-1016

Downloadable HD video clips will be posted to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] approximately 9:00 p.m. PDT.

Photography will be available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at (818) 460-6611.

Share: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/?p=259096

Facebook[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twitter: @DancingABC, #DWTS 

Instagram: @DancingABC

Vine: @DancingABC @ABC_Publicity

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 23 - Week 10 Empty Re: Season 23 - Week 10

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Ok.  No doubt in my mind they want Terra to go home tonight.  A rumba is going to be very difficult for her given the height difference and the constant flow of movement that a good rumba requires.  And a tango for her triple dance?  Oh yea, they've got it in for her.  The other 4 dances lend themselves fairly easily to 3 dancers; the tango?  Not so much.  Too bad.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Out of the five that are left IMO Terra is the weakest and should be the one to go home.  But then she has never been a favorite of mine so I may just being expressing my own opinion.   I had gotten a different impression that they wanted to make sure that Terra made it to the finals with the 10's she is getting - I don't see her dances worthy of 10's.  CA always seems to find some fault with James and with Calvin IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am

Everyone did so well last night.  Terra amazed me through the season.  I have to hand it to Sasha for minimizing the height difference when they danced, but it was time for her to go home.

James' jive was the best trio for me, simply because I don't usually like to watch trios' night.  But this was well-balanced.

BUT... Laurie's precision at breakneck speed was outstanding.  I'd give her the night.  Even though Maks' milling around in the trio was more distraction than blending, she was fantastic. 

Calvin did well, too.

Jana?  *shaking head in confusion*  I don't get why she doesn't stand out more.  Hair?  Make-up?  Wardrobe?  She dances well but doesn't shine.

This season has had so much talent, it's difficult to pick the winner.  Still, I'd give it to James or Laurie, and I wouldn't be disappointed to see either of them win the ball.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:13 am

Well, I was right about them wanting Terra to go, but boy was I wrong about the dances.  I didn't think her rumba was all that - she did better than I expected, but the praise and the perfect score was over-the-top for me.  I would have given her the 26 that Calvin got for the rumba.  But mad props to Sasha and Artem for that tango.  Holy cow!  I loved the way the two guys danced around her - whoever said they were framing her was right.  That was excellent. 

I thought the 26 for Calvin on his first dance was low.  I know there was a mess-up, but they recovered well and didn't miss a beat.  And it was otherwise very well done.  Carrie Ann went overboard with the 8.  They didn't deserve that.

I thought it was interesting that it was Gleb who messed up twice in their first dance.  But I had to go back and check what they did before I remembered it.  I'm with Singly - she dances well, but by the end of the night, I've forgotten she's there, and I rarely remember any of her dances. 

As much as I love James, I have to admit I did not care for that AT much.  The blindfold didn't seem to serve any real purpose, and it's been done a couple of times before.  And the handstand at the end, while cool, seemed very odd and out of place in an AT.  For me it was good but not great. 

His jive was awesome, though.  I thoroughly enjoyed that.  I loved Laurie's trio as well.  I didn't mind Maks' "milling around" because it fit with the story of the dance instructor hovering over his prize students.  Laurie was amazing, Val was amazing, Maks is still the smoothest dancer ever - he just glides over the floor like silk over glass.  Loved it.  Absolutely loved it.  I've already mentioned Terra's tango.  That choreography was amazing, and oh how I've missed Artem.  He's another one I love watching move across the floor.  I just can't with Calvin and the amazing lifts.  Yes, he's strong, but it takes way more than just strength to be able to do them so effortlessly.  It takes a great amount of coordination as well.  Another fun fun dance.  Jana's paso trio was probably my least favorite, but it was still well done.

This has turned out to be a really great season.  Not really any celebs to hate, all of them acquitted themselves fairly well - even the weaker dancers didn't suck, only a couple of 4th wheel judges who have no idea what they're talking about.  I've thoroughly enjoyed this season.  We're down to a final four where, while I have my favorites in Laurie first and James second, I could still enjoy a Calvin win and feel that Jana, while she never really stood out, would be a deserving winner.  So, Yay!! 

I am so looking forward to the freestyles next week.  I am expecting some awesome and creative things.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:29 pm

I agree with just about everything both of you have said but I do have to agree with singly on Maks seeming to be more of a distraction in Laurie's trio dance and I have always been a Maks fan but he just seemed off to me this season.  I do get what you were saying LM about that was his role as the dance instructor but it still was distracting to me.  It just seemed like in all the other trio dances all three of the dancers were dancing throughout the number and with Maks it seemed to me more like he was just hanging around.  JMO

I agree that this season I feel all four remaining are deserving to be there and I too am looking forward to the freestyles next week.  This has been one of the best seasons IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:56 pm

I agree about Maks seeming "off" this season.  He just wasn't himself with Amber.  Maybe that's why I didn't have a problem with this routine.  As I was watching it, it felt to me like the "old" Maks was back, and for me anyway he really shone on the floor for the first time this season.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:14 am

All three of us seem to be watching the same show this season.  lol. 

About James' tango:  All the blindfold accomplished was making James look like the pro and Sharna, the student.  Her steps looked measured and counted, at least to me.  I think they'd have looked smoother without it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top