Interview: Maurice Benard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview: Maurice Benard

Post by ldeichmill on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Michael Fairman interviews Mo. Great read, check it out!

GH’s Maurice Benard Talks Sonny’s Despair, His Co-Stars & The Tragic Death of Morgan Corinthos!
       Cool

ldeichmill
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview: Maurice Benard

Post by FLPeaches on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:00 am

can't get enough of Maurice! 
thank you   Thanks

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks Ide, great interview, they all seem to praise each others acting and that's a good thing.

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 pm

The comments after the article were brutal against the character.
I have seen live interviews on youtube and the actor, the man, has a great personality and a real family and has lived some experiences that he brings to his work. (And when he smiles, he's still got those dimples)  
The writers have made the character a monster/mobster, but Maurice is capable of humanizing the character that is somehow likeable, even lovable.
Just as Roger has done with the Franco character.
The fact that Maurice has such  good friendships with the other actors, past and present says a lot.
Thanks for posting the interview.

431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by wizkids32 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks good article and nice to see that they all are working excellent great and loving all the actors and their friendships and nice to see them.

wizkids32
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:10 am

I have to say I'm not liking this Sonny wanting to kill himself story Sad

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:28 am

MPchimesin wrote:I have to say I'm not liking this Sonny wanting to kill himself story Sad
so much on GH just makes me sad anymore, I know not everything can be hearts and flowers and happily-ever-after because where's the drama in that?
but ~
sure wish they'd bring back some laughter and a little love in the afternoon......
Rose

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:24 am

431902j wrote:The comments after the article were brutal against the character.
I have seen live interviews on youtube and the actor, the man, has a great personality and a real family and has lived some experiences that he brings to his work. (And when he smiles, he's still got those dimples)  
The writers have made the character a monster/mobster, but Maurice is capable of humanizing the character that is somehow likeable, even lovable.
Just as Roger has done with the Franco character.
The fact that Maurice has such  good friendships with the other actors, past and present says a lot.
Thanks for posting the interview.
i haven't read the interview, but i agree with your post.  I love Sonny, always have, and we all have our favorites. He is able to definitely show a 'lovable' side to the man, who is so feared in PC. He's loyal to a point, he's all for 'family and his kids', and protective of them. And if you're his "friend", there's no limits to his generosity.  Franco, on the other hand, has none of those qualities.  The old Franco was a maniac and a killer, ruthless, and wreaked havoc at every turn!  I never bought the TUMOR excuse, and i still believe he has much of a dark side, as he is slowly showing with his new-found relationship with Liz.
i'll take Sonny, any time!  and Maurice does a fine job with all of his scenes, they are real and convincing.. Applause

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:26 am

i'd like to comment again, i just read the 'interview' and i did enjoy it. But i must say and agree with "431902j"  THE COMMENTS AFTER THE ARTICLE WERE BRUTAL AGAINST THE CHARACTER AND were MORE BRUTAL AGAINST THE MAN, MB!  IMO i extremely disagree with THEM!  Maurice was humble and brought only praise to his fellow actors!  but those folks, were horrid in their remarks of him!  seems, they were reading a different article, than the one I read.
anyhow - MB, keep up the good work, you are a fine actor, and I do enjoy the character of Sonny.  (I do miss seeing those dimples, though) And the naysayers, of dumping GH in the toilet, are again, amiss, IMO!!!!!!! 

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum