Week 5, Season 23, "Most Memorable Year"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 5, Season 23, "Most Memorable Year" - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 5, Season 23, "Most Memorable Year"

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:25 am

Psychee22 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Still no mention of an elimination, did James get it wrong? (I hope).

It wasn't James getting it wrong.  The producers even had George Pennachio thinking that there would be an elimination, though I couldn't imagine how they would do that.  Pennachio is the ABC guy who I get the running order from.

And last week, the producers had folks believing that two of the dances were going to be off site... but that didn't happen either.  Maybe things get written earlier in the week and by the time they are communicated they are changed?

Then the producers outright lied to everyone because I heard that interview with James where he said they had just been told there would be an elimination.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Week 5, Season 23, "Most Memorable Year" - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 5, Season 23, "Most Memorable Year"

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:35 am

bailadora wrote:I think that calvin and marilu are getting a lot of votes so I split my votes between laurie, james, terra and jana.
Marilu and Calvin are getting more votes than Laurie, Jana and James?  Why would that be? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 am

Because football fans tend to vote a lot and marilu has derek's very devoted and experienced fanbase (that know how to vote across the platforms with several accounts). Remember that last week marilu was on the bottom two of the scoreboard but was not even in jeopardy.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:00 pm

I would hope that Marilu wouldn't win because of Derek.  Also, people like Olympic gold medal winners and Laurie is a good dancer.  Laurie, Jana and James are equal to or better dancers than Marilu, though Marilu is a good dancer.  She would have to continue to be as good as she was last night. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:41 pm

Glitter, I don't think you have to worry at all about a Marilu win as a result of Derek's fanbase.  None of Derek's (more logical) fans are even hoping for it this year.   But his fans will try hard to keep him in the game as long as possible up to the Finals if she is doing well and he doesn't look over worked... and then, the majority of their votes will most likely go to James and Sharna, I think. I should probably also add here that Candace Cameron Bure and some but not all of her "Christian" followers have thrown their support behind Marilu.  That probably comes from her being friends and a co-star with Marilu on her Hallmark Channel movies, but perhaps there is a Mark Ballas fan connection there as well.

In the meantime, I don't think that Val and Laurie have anything to be worried about in terms of votes to get them to the Finals.   I can easily see them being the East Coast favorites, especially after Maks and Amber get eliminated.  And of course, Laurie will get a gazillion votes on her own as an Olympian and all around outstanding young girl.

James' votes draw from the huge racing fan set, plus I'm sure he is getting a huge amount of votes just because he's REALLY good, and personable, and hard working. The Canadian fanbase is voting via VPN and Courtney Spence from PureDWTS is a huge cheerleader for them with a nice-sized Twitter following. Indiana is all-in behind them.

And I think Calvin can depend on the football fans and perhaps also the Utah contingent for Lindsay.

Jana has the Country Western audience...  that audience has a heavy overlap with the football and the racing set, so we can expect her to draw from both of those pools as well. 

That leaves Amber, Maureen, Ryan, and Terra.   I can't think of any automatic large pool of voters for these like I can the others, but each of them surely are drawing voters from everywhere.  They are successfully connecting with people.  I do think that they might, though, have a tougher job of getting to the Finals than the others, if we exclude how they are doing score-wise.  I'm not imagining them having a good cushion of fan votes, so a screw-up week for any of them score-wise could mean a disaster.

Just my thoughts, anyway...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:55 pm

That sounds good to me.  I can live with that.  I wasn't sure she connected any more with the audience than the others even though she has been around longer than the rest. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Actually, Glitter, you might be in a better position to know about Marilu's current radio fan base, since you live on the West Coast.  I believe she has a daily morning radio show there... 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:23 pm

I meant connect more to the audience.  I thought that was different than a fan base. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I meant connect more to the audience.  I thought that was different than a fan base. 

It is.  But don't you think there is an overlap?  I have always thought that the stars brought new eyes to the show by attracting their fans to come see them. 

And Marilu especially.  I'm seeing her requests for people's votes in a lot of Twitter feeds.  Some of that could be her publicist doing it... she has the same publicist as Derek so that lady gets a two-fer with this couple. But Marilu has certainly added her personal appeal to those requests.

Anyway.... the reason I asked about the radio fans was because Marilu is not like Maureen, depending on the votes of nostalgic old TV viewers.  Marilu has those, PLUS has fans from every project she as done in the forty years in between.  Even if I didn't know that she was still around, she was busy making fans in lots of new places, such as her movies, her books, her radio shows.... and SOME of those fans would be expected to check out the show and vote for her...  I just wondered how popular her radio show was so I could get a feel for her fan base from there...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:13 pm

I haven't listened to her radio show, but I guess you know she also just came out with the book about how she helped her husband beat cancer.  Marilu also acts more normal than Maureen.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Yes, she does act more normal.  Comedienne instead of drama queen as a start.  Healthy living versus years of cocaine addiction as another...  But Marilu wasn't a child star, I don't think...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:27 pm

I think you are right Psychee.....it sounds like she got her break as a young adult(Marilu) ........kind of like Kirstie Alley when she got the Star Trek roll when her Parents died in a car accident......eerie resemblance!

Last edited by kincaid53 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:34 pm

I don't even know how to comment on Maureen except to say it appears she's always on camera, always on stage, always performing for an audience...........It's like she is always on.....who are you Maureen???? 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:54 pm

SCORES:
James Hinchcliffe and Sharna Burgess: 29/30
Marilu Henner and Derek Hough: 27/30
Terra Jole and Sasha Farber: 27/30
Jana Kramer and Gleb Savchenko: 26/30
Laurie Hernandez and Val Chmerkovskiy: 25/30
Calvin Johnson and Lindsay Arnold: 24/30
Maureen McCormick and Artem Chigvintsev: 24/30
Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke: 24/30
Amber Rose and Maks Chmerkovskiy: 24/30
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Got a kick out of reading some blog about the show that referred to this week as "Emo Night".

LOL!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Due to Hurricane Matthew, I couldn't post here, but I was able to vote on some cell phones.  For each phone, I voted like this:

4 for Laurie
5 for Jana

Both of them are in the middle of the leaderboard, with the lower-scoring couples very close.  This is quite precarious.  I hope that Ryan will be gone tomorrow night.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Walker7 wrote:Due to Hurricane Matthew, I couldn't post here, but I was able to vote on some cell phones.  For each phone, I voted like this:

4 for Laurie
5 for Jana

Both of them are in the middle of the leaderboard, with the lower-scoring couples very close.  This is quite precarious.  I hope that Ryan will be gone tomorrow night.

I don't think you need to be worried about Laurie until the very last vote.

Jana, though, can't be expected to have a huge amount of support... she MIGHT have it, but I don't think we can count on it. Like Ryan, Maureen, and Amber, she's one of the "support amount unknowns".

Not that we could ever REALLY know how much support the rest get, mind you, but they seem more predictable.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Jana is a good dancer though and especially that last dance she did very well.  She better not go before Maureen.  Jana is one of my favorites. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top