The Sky Box

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sky Box

Post by Moonbat on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Lordy, some of the songs they're dancing to tonight absolutely Suck!

Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Tonight, I'll vote like this:

5 for Laurie
8 for Jana

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 pm

SLA44 wrote:Miss Tart I made an extra batch of PoTcorn and will send it over to the sky box for your enjoyment.

Thank you Miss SLA for that HUGE bucket of poTcorn.  It's a really good batch!  So after a bunch of us chowed down on that, then ate all the cupcakes and Miss Sus's extra special brownies....we all decided to get up and dance!  "We're having so much fun.  Why don't you come back and dance with us?  It's such a good show tonight.  I can't think of anyone who did particularly bad, in fact I think all of them improved.  I won't give too much away because our West Coast friends are just now watching.  Hopefully all of you will come by the Sky Box, share some of Miss SLA's wonderful poTcorn and do some silly dancing with us!  LOL

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Sorry it took me so long.  I had sinus surgery last week and got the splints taken out yesterday.  Ugh....it's been a loooonngggg lack of sleep week!  

Another really good night for all the dancers!  Everyone was much more relaxed and it really showed in their performances.

Maureen and Artem-Quickstep (7-6-6-7) A much happier, more relaxed Maureen tonight.  She looked like she was having fun.  Kudos to Artem for bringing her along.  He obviously has the right touch to be a true teacher.  There was a nice rhythm to the dance, much better footwork, a steady frame and MUCH more confidence.  Nicely done!

Jana and Gleb-Tango (7-8-7-7) Jana is really a surprise.  She can perform and she can dance.  She has such fluidity in her movement and beautiful, finished lines.  Give her injury, she was a tad careful in her movements, but she matched Gleb move for move, moment to moment.  Really lovely to watch.

Rick and Emma-Quickstep (6-5-6-5) That was cute.  Gotta admit, it made me smile.  I went back and watched again.  I’ve got to give him credit…he pays attention to footwork and does exactly what he’s taught.  His upper body isn’t too bad, but his legs and feet are heavy.  He did have a nice frame and good timing.  He needs to dance on the balls of his feet, not his heels.  Might make his footwork lighter.

Calvin and Lindsay-Foxtrot (7-7-7-7) Calvin is delightful to watch.  He is graceful, actually does the needed footwork, has great musicality, uses rise and fall, has a good frame (hard to do since Lindsay is much shorter!) and gives a really nice performance.  The only thing he does that bothers me, is he doesn’t always straighten his legs.  I know the height difference is probably causing it, but he needs to stand up!  Cute dance!

Amber and Maks-Viennese Waltz (6-6-6-6) Much better.  Her nerves really got to her last week.  Better contact with Maks, but not quite where it should be.  It was really good to see her rehearsal package.  It shows she’s serious about this and is working hard.  You are a beautiful, graceful lady Amber, relax and dance!  I think she was underscored for this, or Jake was way over-scored.  She was much better!

Jake and Jenna-Cha Cha Cha (6-6-6-6) I’m sorry…. I just can’t seem to like this kid and I really want to.  His timing was off, his footwork was like “oh yeah, I need to throw my foot out here now” and he just was awkward.  He can’t survive on cute alone…. he really needs to put in the work.  Maybe I’ll like him better in the Ballroom dances.

Vanilla Ice and Witney-Foxtrot (6-7-6-7) Another big surprise for me.  I like this guy!  He’s not the best dancer although he is very smooth and he does do his homework.  He had a nice rise and fall, good frame, and great musicality.  When he isn’t doing the rise and fall he’s flat-footed, but there is some real potential here.  And the best thing?  He’s having fun and it shows.

Terra and Sasha-Quickstep (8-7-8-8) Truly the best Quickstep of the night.  Terra has great musicality, does almost flawless footwork, and, given their height difference and her smaller hands and arms, she and Sasha found a great way for her to keep her hold.  Kudos to Sasha for his work with her.  He’s shortened his steps to match hers, creates wonderful dances that fit her degree of athleticism and style and it makes them an absolute joy to watch!

Babyface and Alison-Argentine Tango (8-7-7-8) Here is a man, so unassuming and shy that I almost worry for him when he hits the floor, and then he dances like a dream!  He’s smooth, sophisticated, good frame, nice sharp movements, really good footwork, and a performance value that is off the charts!

Laurie and Val-Jive (8-8-8-8) Love, love, loved the dance…hated her shoes.  I had to go watch again because I couldn’t believe that her feet weren’t moving properly.  Those dang feathers on her shoes made her feet look clumsy and they certainly aren’t!  That was sharp, crisp, clean, snappy and full of fun!

James and Sharna-Paso (7-7-7-8) He did that on a day and ½ of practice?  Holy Moly!  This guy is the real deal.  If he’d been able to give it full practice hours he would have blown the roof off the building.  His form, his movement, everything was in sync and he’s not afraid to put in the more graceful flourishes with his arms and hands.  I didn’t feel that he was leading or driving this dance as much as he should have, but that comes with practice.  Beautifully done!

Marilu and Derek-Foxtrot (7-8-7-7) Marilu is so much fun to watch.  She has such energy and lightness and a good command of dance.  Effortless and graceful!

Ryan and Cheryl-Quickstep (6-6-6-6) Cute dance, nice content, decent frame, but he was rushed a little bit.  Ryan has the makings of a good dancer and he appears to have the work ethic to take him far.  Nice job!

I guess my bottom two would be Rick and Jake.  And I like Rick more.  There are a lot of good dancers this season.  It’s anybody’s guess at this point!

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:09 pm

piratealikat wrote:

Terra and Sasha-Quickstep (8-7-8-8) Truly the best Quickstep of the night.  Terra has great musicality, does almost flawless footwork, and, given their height difference and her smaller hands and arms, she and Sasha found a great way for her to keep her hold.  Kudos to Sasha for his work with her.  He’s shortened his steps to match hers, creates wonderful dances that fit her degree of athleticism and style and it makes them an absolute joy to watch!
I totally agree; thank you Miss Pirate for taking the time and effort to summarize the talent.  WOW! We're so fortunate to have somebody like you Thanks Thanks Thanks Take a bow Hugs Love Woo hoo Fireworks Bow

I think the Dwarf is the most talented dancer and you bring up a good point that her partner has to "shorten" his steps.

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Sasha said he was universal Dick when asked which Dick he was from Bewitched.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Since Jana and Laurie both got immunity, all my votes tonight will go to Amber.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:23 pm

What a whirlwind night!  I actually liked this format.  With the normal format, there is a lot of time and talking and blah blah between the dances so it’s harder to actually compare Tango to Tango, etc.  This was one right after the other, and the first dance was still fresh in my mind when watching the second.

Jive
Babyface and Allison-(7-6-6-6) This was a cute dance and he did execute almost all the steps, he was just lacking the bounce.  Thought he was a little heavy on his feet.  He’s so much fun to watch, though!

Jana and Gleb-(6-7-6-7) It was cute, she was light on her feet, better bounce than Babyface had.  I think the win was given to the right dancer.

Paso Doble
Rick and Emma-(6-5-6-6) For me, this was his best dance!  I went back and rewatched it.  He did every step.  His problem is he is very stiff and he lacks musicality.  Nicely done!

Vanilla and Witney-(6-6-5-6) He really has nice arm movements and he finished most of them!  Still a little flat footed, but the character and the mood were all there….very intense.  Well done!  I really don’t think the scores should have been tied.  He most certainly out-did Rick.

Cha-Cha
James and Sharna-(7-7-8-7) Well, that was hot!  I really like this guy.  He’s not afraid to be graceful and he’s not afraid to move his hips and musicality just oozes through him.  Thought it a tad underscored!

Ryan and Cheryl-(6-7-6-6) Ryan isn’t a bad dancer…I think given more time he can up his game.  He’s just not to James’ level and that’s okay.  He seems to be enjoying himself, and that’s all that matters.

Viennese Waltz
Terra and Sasha-(8-7-8-7) These two continue to surprise me.  They find a way to work around all difficulties.  Tara has lovely hand and arm movements and a whole lot of fluid movement.  That was a beautiful dance.

Calvin and Lindsay-(8-8-8-8) Calvin in another surprise.  For such a big man, he moves very smoothly.  The first part of the dance he had great hold and really nice rise and fall.  Near the end of the dance, his rise and fall became a little more from the straightening of his leg, rather than from his feet.  I really torn on this dance as to the one who did it best!

Salsa
Amber and Maks-(7-6-6-6) I had to go rewatch this.  My first reaction was “What the heck was that?”  I liked it much better the 2nd time around, but I found her to be really tentative-like she doesn’t really trust herself to dance!  You got this girl!  Go for it!

Maureen and Artem-(7-7-7-7) I was pleasantly surprised by this!  Cute and sassy.  Loved the content, she kept of most of the way through.  A few mistakes, but she didn’t let it throw her off.  Nicely done!

Tango
Laurie and Val-(7-8-8-8) Wow!  Just, plain, WOW!  Laurie’s attention to the little details makes her a pleasure to watch.  Kudos to Val for an awesome, age appropriate Tango.  BUT THE LIFT!!!!!!!  Argh!  I thought they could only do lifts in Argentine Tango?  If that’s true…then Carrie Ann was right to nail them.

Marilu and Derek-(7-7-7-7) Talk about two totally different styles of the same dance!  Marilu had a really nice frame and she has wonderful musicality.  I think she did make a few errors though and she seemed a little tentative throughout the dance.

I really think James and Laurie will go all the way to the finals.  I don’t know who else will get there…we have several as of right now that could easily pull it off.  Time will tell!

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:03 pm

No one does it like you, Miss Pi!

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Sasha said he was universal Dick when asked which Dick he was from Bewitched.  Lol!

And then last night Tom got naughty again and set Kym up to say that she was very attached to "the Johnson".   And I think it might have gone over her head, making that even funnier.  I'll bet her husband loved it.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Those foreigners walk right into it.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Miss Pi, what can I say?  You're the best!  Thank you again for a very entertaining and informative critique of the dances.  We all wait for that every week.  One of these times I'd like to see your critique after you've eaten a big bowl of Miss SLA's poTcorn!  That should be a hoot!  Somebody liked it because it was gone by the time the show was over!  Thanks again Miss SLA! 

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Tonight's Order:

Calvin
Maureen
Jana
Marilu
Amber
Ryan
Babyface
Terra
Laurie
V. Ice
James

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:36 pm

I am loving Cirque du Soleil night so much!  It's a really fun night.  The dances are great so far and I love the costumes so far.  This is a good theme week, I hope they make it a regular every season.  No cranky Len there tonight and the scores are really good for each so far.  Fun night. 

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Very enjoyable. I would love to see any one of the Cirques live.

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Last night was sooooo much fun!  Everyone upped their game.  I do feel for Babyface...I think he was so worried about hitting the spot lights that he blanked the dance, dang it!  Laurie was soooooo good in her dance, I'm not even sure Val was in there!  Uhhh...I seem to remember him and her and a bench, but honestly...this dance was all about her and she handled it like a pro.

I went back to watch James's dance again.  During the telecast, I thought he messed up somewhere...but in looking at it again I really can't find it.  The only "off" thing I saw was a teensy timing issue when he was dancing with the male pros....he was a tad off.  Otherwise, this blew me away. 

Tonight was the first night I really liked Amber's dancing.  I thought she was not only physically, but mentally in the game.  Well done!

Ugh...do we have to send two home tonight????  It really hurts. 

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:25 pm

I so agree .... I want to keep on enjoying all the couples .... Very Happy

Oakma

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm

I just hated who went home tonight.  I liked both of them and thought both had a lot of potential.  But this season didn't give us many poor dancers and from now on, each elimination will hurt!  Wasn't it wonderful that Sasha proposed to Emma?  Did anyone know they were an item?  I admit I didn't know and hadn't heard they were even dating.  How sweet!  Two engaged couples now in the cast.  They are doing better than The Bachelor!  LOL 

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Sasha and Emma have been a couple for more than 5 years with a small break about a year and a half ago. They have a beautiful new home and are so thrilled with it. Just saw a pic of her ring; it's a beauty. I adore them both and I am so pleased.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:19 pm

So SweetTart wrote:I just hated who went home tonight.  I liked both of them and thought both had a lot of potential.  But this season didn't give us many poor dancers and from now on, each elimination will hurt!  Wasn't it wonderful that Sasha proposed to Emma?  Did anyone know they were an item?  I admit I didn't know and hadn't heard they were even dating.  How sweet!  Two engaged couples now in the cast.  They are doing better than The Bachelor!  LOL 

They are definitely doing better than The Bachelor.  Laughing

So happy for them.  Congrats

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Did anyone see their house on ET or one of those shows?  It's really cute, like a fairy tale house.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:31 am

Wow, I'm really out of the loop b/c I didn't know they were an item.  But I'm SO happy for them.  Gosh Miss Lesalee, 5 years!  How did I miss that?  Yes peebeeb, much better than the Bachelor!  LOL  Miss Glitters, I'll have to google their house! 

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:35 am

SweetTart wrote:Wow, I'm really out of the loop b/c I didn't know they were an item.  But I'm SO happy for them.  Gosh Miss Lesalee, 5 years!  How did I miss that?  Yes peebeeb, much better than the Bachelor!  LOL  Miss Glitters, I'll have to google their house! 
I was out of the loop with you Miss Tart.  Someone emailed me link to that interview where they showed the house so I am passing it on to you:

http://www.etonline.com/news/199384_exclusive_dancing_with_the_stars_pro_couple_emma_slater_and_sasha_farber_tour_fairytale_style_home/

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:52 am

SLA44 wrote:
SweetTart wrote:Wow, I'm really out of the loop b/c I didn't know they were an item.  But I'm SO happy for them.  Gosh Miss Lesalee, 5 years!  How did I miss that?  Yes peebeeb, much better than the Bachelor!  LOL  Miss Glitters, I'll have to google their house! 
I was out of the loop with you Miss Tart.  Someone emailed me link to that interview where they showed the house so I am passing it on to you:

http://www.etonline.com/news/199384_exclusive_dancing_with_the_stars_pro_couple_emma_slater_and_sasha_farber_tour_fairytale_style_home/
Thank you Miss SLA, that was a cute clip and that house is adorable!  It is big enough that it looks like they are planning a big family!  They are a cute couple!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

MamaBear

Post by MamaBear on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi All...remember me???  How funny...I can't even remember what color I used to use on DTWS and Bachelor/ette boards Smile  Been a long long time.  So Sweet Tart, I had no clue Emma and Sasha were an item! They look so cute together!  Who else is engaged?  Really enjoying DWTS the last few seasons, especially once they get down to the better dancers. Hope everyone affected by Matthew is safe!!!

MamaBear

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum