The Sky Box

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sky Box

Post by SweetTart on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:42 pm

ARE WE READY FOR SOME DANCIN'? 

It looks like it will be a really good season and I hope to meet everyone here Monday night to see the premier!  Shall we dress up for the premier and walk the red Sky Box carpet?

Or do we just want to chill with a casual and cozy pajama party? 

One way or the other, the food will be good and plenty and fun will be had by all.  See ya Monday Sky Boxers and friends.  Have a great weekend!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Delete

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:08 am

♫Tomorrow...tomorrow....♫ Yee haw!  It's finally here!  I'm thinking dress up Miss Tart!  I can't wear ankle breakers yet but I have some nice flats.  I'm really happy this year.  My Musical Theatre class is scheduled an hour earlier so I don't have to RUSH to get home in time to watch! 

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:47 am

Miss Glitters, I use Google Image Search and put in a search for what kind of picture I want.  I searched for DWTS red carpet events and I got dozens of red carpet pictures with DWTS cast in them.  Then I searched for DWTS pajama party and got dozens of pictures with cast members in pajamas. You can search for anything and Google Image Search will come up with pictures for it.  These are all gif images, so you can copy and paste them into your post.  If you think you might want to use it again and want to keep it, right click and choose "save image to".  Then I save them to my picture file, and you can attach them to other posts.  But if you just want to use them once, right click and click on "copy image" and then paste it into your post.  You can do that with just about any picture on the internet as long as they are picture files.  If they are Word files or Pdf files, they won't copy and paste.

Last edited by SweetTart on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:09 am

Psychee22 explained it to me in a different topic, but thank you for your extra information. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:14 am

Miss PI, that's wonderful news about your class being earlier.  We'll have you in the Sky Box earlier and you won't have to eat cold left over food!  LOL  I like to dress up too.  I haven't heard from anybody else yet, so if no one else has a suggestion, we'll go ahead and declare Red Carpet Premier Night!   I'll call the caterer, the hair stylist and makeup girl and the wardrobe people to get us ready.  Then we'll party like it's the DWTS premier!  LOL

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 am

piratealikat wrote:♫Tomorrow...tomorrow....♫ Yee haw!  It's finally here!  I'm thinking dress up Miss Tart!  I can't wear ankle breakers yet but I have some nice flats.  I'm really happy this year.  My Musical Theatre class is scheduled an hour earlier so I don't have to RUSH to get home in time to watch! 
I can't wear those shoes either Miss Pi, since I still have residual pain from my fractured vertebrae.  So I will be wearing ballet slippers.  I will wear a mid calf length dress, similar to a contemporary dance costume.   

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:39 pm

The limo is ready. As usual, everyone can move back and forth between the Sky Box and St. Petasburg, home of the Lovely Ladies.

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you DMD.  That will be ever so much nicer than the shuttle bus!  Will you be in your white tie and tails?  Be careful some of us might swoon at the sight of your elegance!  We have to make sure we get plenty of pictures of everybody in their beautiful Red Carpet attire!  The bar is open in the Sky Box!  Anybody thirsty?

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Damn, I missed James and Sharna's dance.

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:32 pm

peebeeb wrote:Damn, I missed James and Sharna's dance.
Awwww bless your heart.  I understand Miss peebeeb.  This is for you..... Hugs

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:27 pm

SweetTart wrote:
peebeeb wrote:Damn, I missed James and Sharna's dance.
Awwww bless your heart.  I understand Miss peebeeb.  This is for you..... Hugs
Thanks.  Very Happy

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Tonight, I'm putting all my votes for Laurie & Val.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 am

My opinion is probably the same as a lot of your opinions....I think Laurie and Val have it sewn up for this season!  Who do you think should go home first?  I'm thinking either Rick Perry or maybe Maureen McCormick.  Good show tonight, good parties here and in the Lovely Ladies thread, and I hope everyone has a great week!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:19 am

Wow what a night huh!   I actually split my votes between James & Sharna and Laurie & Val - they both tied with total points of 31 and the problem is James & Sharna danced 2nd out 13 couples and Laurie & Val danced last and that is the dance that is going to be left on everyone's minds - especially when they danced like they did.  I agree with you on who should go home first but I am leaning more towards Maureen simply because she drove me crazy with her giddiness.  She sure doesn't act anywhere near 60 more like 16 IMO.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:23 am

What a great way to kick off the show!  Lots of flash, lots of dazzle and lots of dancing!  Thanks to DMD for the limo and Miss Tart for the elegant dinner!

Marilu and Derek-Jive (7-7-6-7) Nice job right out of the chute.  Marilu moves well, has great body control, she doesn’t look fragile (as some of the older contestants have looked) and she understands how to dig into and off of the floor.  It was crisp and clean and a very nice jive.

James and Sharna-Foxtrot (8-8-7-8) What an absolutely lovely surprise!  He had nice footwork with a really good rise and fall, had a good hold with nice posture and finishes his arm movements very gracefully.  Well done!

Calvin and Linsday-Cha Cha Cha (7-6-6-7) That was really fun to watch.  He has grace, charm and musicality and is very light on his feet.  Good first dance for him.

Maureen and Artem-Viennese Waltz (6-5-5-6) Thank you Artem-that was a lovely Viennese Waltz with great rotation.  Maureen…relax….you got this!  She had some lovely moments, especially in the beginning then I think nerves got the best of her and she became very stiff.  If she can work that kink out, we might see her for a while!

Kenny and Alison-Foxtrot (7-6-6-7) I smiled all the way through this dance.  He has such musicality and is soooooo smooth.  He’s light on his feet (and paid attention to what he was taught) had a decent frame.  Alison has a lot of good, raw material here to work with.  Well done!

Amber and Maks-Foxtrot (6-6-6-6) I had to go back and watch this again to see if I changed my mind.  I didn’t.  I found this dance to be….I don’t know….awkward?  Might be nerves.  She does have beautiful hands and arms.  Listen to Maks and DANCE with Maks.  I think maybe she was too much in her head and forgot to have fun.  I do think she has the makings to be a really lovely dancer, though!

Rob(Vanilla) and Witney-Cha Cha Cha (7-5-6-7) Huh…. okay, I’m not really sure that was a Cha Cha Cha.  I saw a few moves, but mostly hip hop.  When he performs the hip hop he is smooth, graceful, rhythmic and right on.  In the Cha Cha Cha moves he was somewhat awkward and flat footed.  If he can pull his hip hop smoothness and mojo into ballroom…he just might be really good!

Jana and Gleb-Viennese Waltz (7-6-6-8) Sigh.  Gleb, you know a Viennese Waltz has lots of rotation and rise and fall….as Len would say, there was too much fiddling around and not enough Waltz.  I agree.  However; Jana is really good.  They have great chemistry, Jana has good characterization, lovely extensions and footwork but she needs to work on softening her elbows.  At times they were sticking out at funny, sharp angles.  Great first dance!

Jake and Jenna-Jive (5-6-5-6) This was another one I had to go back and look at again.  I was underwhelmed the first time.  It was better the second time.  Jake has rhythm but he dances flat footed.  If he can learn to move his weight to the balls of his feet he might actually be good dancer!

Rick and Emma-Cha Cha Cha (5-5-5-5) LOL  I must admit he did make me smile.  It was a cute dance, but it wasn’t quite all there.  There were times I could tell he really did try to pay attention to where his feet were and what they were doing.  For a total non-dancer, non-entertainer it wasn’t TOO bad…just about where I would expect him to be.  I do hope he has a ballroom dance next.  Would like to see what he does in hold.  It will probably be a little better for him!

Terra and Sasha-Jive (7-6-6-6) They are so cute!  She looked like she was having a blast out there.  A couple of times she looked to me to be hesitant, but that could easily be chocked up to nerves.  As soon as she settles those jitters, I think she’ll show us what she’s made of!

Ryan and Cheryl-Foxtrot (6-6-6-6) Well heck!  I totally wasn’t expecting that from Ryan.  He was smooth, cute, fun, has graceful arms, and really good finishes.  He does need to work on rise and fall, but overall that was a very good performance!  I went back and watched it again and think he might have been a teensy bit underscored.

Laurie and Val-Cha Cha Cha (8-8-8-8) Little Miss Cutie!  Not only can she give us her wonderful personality, she can dance!  Some of her lines and finishes looked very professional.  It was crisp, clean, tight and she matched Val move for move.  That was soooooo much fun to watch!

For me, the night goes, hands down, to Laurie.  I think we have a whole BUNCH of potentials in the middle of the pack.  My bottom two are Rick and Jake.  And, actually, Rick entertained me so much more.  We’ll see how they do in the next round!

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:37 am

Thank you PI for once again a very good commentary on the show last night.  I agree that Laurie took the night but I did also think that James and Sharna were very good as well but they danced so early in the show I think they got kind of forgotten in the end especially with that little spitfire dancing last.  She would be a hard one to ever forget.  I also agree with Jake being in the bottom and I would put the bottom 3 as Rick, Maureen and Jake.  I'm looking forward to next week and seeing what happens - it looks like it is going to be a good season to me.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi Miss SLA...thanks!  Absolutely on James and Sharna!  If he can do the Latin numbers as nicely as he did the Foxtrot, he's a real contender!  He was such a nice surprise! 

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:51 am

Miss Pi, thank you for a wonderful premier show critique!  I completely agree with you but I can't put it in the same words that you do.  It's so fun to read your critiques because I can "see" in my mind's eye what you are describing. 

It will be a good year with several dancers that are good enough to last for awhile.  I agree with you and Miss SLA that James and Sharna were really very good and the second from the top on the evening, in my opinion. 

BUT....no one can take away top spot from Laurie!  That girl is a firecracker!  She is so graceful and makes her dancing look effortless.  Of course I have to mention that, as a world class gymnast, she has taken very many ballet classes to attain that grace and flow, but that's okay, she's not a dancer, and that's what the show is all about. 

Some one else who has also not danced, may not be as fluid and graceful because they've never taken ballet classes, but they can still move and do the steps.  The body grace and musicality are just as important to me, and it will take someone not only doing the dances well, but looking graceful and professional at the same time.  I agree with Julianne I think it was who said, Laurie you're the whole package!  It will definitely be a fun season! 

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks to everyone in the Sky Box for making it a night to remember; especially Sweet Tart for opening the bar early and Miss Pi for yet another competent recap!

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:19 pm

I hope it hit the spot DMD.  I figured everyone could use some kind of a beverage about then.  Thank you again for the limo, we felt soooo elegant!  The Lovely Ladies party was fun as well.  It was like we were in a mid-century malt shop and it was fun pretending to be stuck in the 50's!  LOL  It was a good evening and a good way to start out the new season.  ttyl

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 am

SweetTart wrote:

BUT....no one can take away top spot from Laurie!  That girl is a firecracker!  She is so graceful and makes her dancing look effortless.  Of course I have to mention that, as a world class gymnast, she has taken very many ballet classes to attain that grace and flow, but that's okay, she's not a dancer, and that's what the show is all about. 

Slight correction Miss Tart.  Laurie has NOT "taken very many ballet classes." The U.S. gymnasts do not take any dance classes.  The Russian gymnasts still do -- but not our girls.  Our elite gymnasts are in the gym 7 hours a day, 6 days a week doing conditioning and gymnastics.  Thats it.  Laurie did take a few ballet classes at age 3 of which she has no memory.  Saying thats taking ballet is like saying a woman who took a few Mommy and Me gymnastics lessons at age 3 has gymnastics training.   It is true that aurie's coach stressed the "artistic" and "performance" aspects of her floor routine and that she has lots of practice in the "dance elements" of that event.  But that hardly equates to dance lessons.  She just did not have any.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:42 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
SweetTart wrote:

Slight correction Miss Tart.  Laurie has NOT "taken very many ballet classes." The U.S. gymnasts do not take any dance classes.  The Russian gymnasts still do -- but not our girls.  Our elite gymnasts are in the gym 7 hours a day, 6 days a week doing conditioning and gymnastics.  Thats it.  Laurie did take a few ballet classes at age 3 of which she has no memory.  Saying thats taking ballet is like saying a woman who took a few Mommy and Me gymnastics lessons at age 3 has gymnastics training.   It is true that aurie's coach stressed the "artistic" and "performance" aspects of her floor routine and that she has lots of practice in the "dance elements" of that event.  But that hardly equates to dance lessons.  She just did not have any.
That makes her even more special, Miss Jane.  My money is on her.  The fact that she is dancing with Val, and is already looking like a pro, makes her even more exciting to watch!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Miss Tart I made an extra batch of PoTcorn and will send it over to the sky box for your enjoyment.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Time to indulge in yummy treats, I have my dancing shoes on and I'm ready to dance the night away.  Disco dance

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum