The Sky Box

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sky Box

Post by SLA44 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Just saw an article about 3 possible cast members for the upcoming dancing with the stars.  Here is the link:

http://www.eonline.com/news/788652/are-simone-biles-jojo-fletcher-jake-t-austin-joining-dancing-with-the-stars

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:10 pm

I saw that article too SLA and wondered if Simone Biles would have the time to transition from a very intense Olympics into training for DWTS. 

Simone is so tiny I wonder if TPTB would pair her with either Mark or Sasha. 

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:12 pm

If I remember correctly Meryl and Charlie came straight from winning the Gold to DWTS so I don't think it should be a problem for Simone - she is such a firecracker!  I don't know who they would pair her with because she is so short.  Mark or Sasha are probably pretty good guesses.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:23 am

Hollywood Today Live said that Simone Biles is at the top of DWTS' list.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:51 am

Thank you Miss Jane, for all your commentary on the women's gymnastics.  It's been so much more fun reading your commentary after watching the performances b/c it was so much fun to know the names of the different skills, how difficult they are, and what their backstories are from previous Olympics.  Simone and Aly really have no competition when it comes to their performances.  They are so far above the other gymnasts in the world in my opinion.  Do you think Simone will be back in 2020?  Hopefully Laurie will be back and better than ever then as well.  Thanks again Miss Jane, we enjoyed your commentary and all the information you shared with us so we'd know more about the sport.  You just made it more fun!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:54 am

DeadManDancing wrote:Hooray for this guy. Ending on the highest note. Fabian Hambuechen, horizontal bar gold medalist.

DMD, congratulations on your boy Fabian winning the gold!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:02 am

SLA44 wrote:Just saw an article about 3 possible cast members for the upcoming dancing with the stars.  Here is the link:

http://www.eonline.com/news/788652/are-simone-biles-jojo-fletcher-jake-t-austin-joining-dancing-with-the-stars
Thanks for the intel, Miss SLA.  I don't know who the boy is other than he is a Disney kid.  But I'd say JoJo and Simone are good picks.  I bet both of them are on, and probably Jake will be too.  They use a lot of Disney kids on DWTS.  After all ABC is Disney owned!  I hope more stars get "leaked" out soon!  LOL

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:05 am

peebeeb wrote:It's been fun watching the games!

Amazing athletes all over the place.  Very Happy
I agree Miss peebeeb, I always watch the Olympics.  It's must-see TV for me.  It's one of the things I always watch, like The Oscars, the Indy 500, the Kentucky Derby, Miss America, etc.  I would not watch crewing or water polo or diving any other time, but I watch every bit of it during the Olympics!  LOL

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:07 am

Lesallee wrote:I saw that article too SLA and wondered if Simone Biles would have the time to transition from a very intense Olympics into training for DWTS. 

Simone is so tiny I wonder if TPTB would pair her with either Mark or Sasha. 
Simone and Sasha would be adorable together.  Plus he'd feel "all grown up" with a girl so short to dance with!  LOL

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:11 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Hollywood Today Live said that Simone Biles is at the top of DWTS' list.
That's great.  She will be a very good dancer with the training she has in performing on floor ex.  She will be fun to watch, and even more fun if she's paired with Sasha.  He will actually be able to spin her and do lifts without getting hit in the head all the time!  LOL

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:48 pm

Have any of you lovely ladies been watching the rhythmic gymnastics?  I'm being blown away by these athletes! 

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:57 am

SweetTart wrote:Thank you Miss Jane, for all your commentary on the women's gymnastics.   . . . Do you think Simone will be back in 2020?  Hopefully Laurie will be back and better than ever then as well.  Thanks again Miss Jane, we enjoyed your commentary and all the information you shared with us so we'd know more about the sport.  You just made it more fun!
I have given up predicting who will and who will not be back.  I was 100% wrong this Quad.  I predicted that the only 2 2012 Olympic gymnasts who had a chance of returning were McKayla Maroney and Kyla Ross.  Mac retired and Kyla is doing NCAA.  I never saw Aly and Gabby making the team.  But both returned, albeit to varying success.  Aly outdid all expectations and showed the world that she has truly improved her gymnastics.  She had a spectacular Olympics.  Gabby, on the other hand, faded completely.

The real standout was of course Simone.  But as Aly says "There's Simone, and then there's the rest of us."  Laurie Hernandez seconded that thought by saying 'Aly, if you some on second you win because Simone doesn't count."

BTW, I hear there is talk about having Simone on DWTS.  It will NOT be this fall though -- she is committed to the Kellogs tour which runs mid September through November.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks Miss Jane for taking the time to give us your insight on the gymnastics...I know you were busy!  The ladies just blew me away...especially Simone and Aly.  What a powerhouse team! 

One more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We'll know in ONE MORE WEEK!  I can hardly wait!  Emma's back....yay!!!!!!!  Maks is back????????  That's a great thing but really hard to believe! 

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Am I reading this right?  Both the Hough's and both the Chmerkovskiy brothers will be back on DWTS this season?  If I'm reading this right, this is going to be a fantastic season!!  It says the cast of Season 23 will be announced on Good Morning America on Tuesday, August 30.  I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it....

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/derek-and-julianne-hough-retur-61073.aspx?utm_source=dwts23houghs&utm_medium=fbads&utm_campaign=dwts23houghs
woohoo Cheers! Applause Applause Cheer Fireworks Love   Jumping up and down Excited Yay! Man dance          Fireworks

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 pm

Miss Jane, that's too bad that Simone can't join the DWTS cast, but I just read that Laurie Hernandez is!  So, you'll have to come visit us in the Sky Box so we can all root for Laurie and see who she gets paired with.  Maybe Sasha or Artem, huh?  Is Mark going to be back this season?  I don't remember if he said he would or not.  But she could get paired with Mark, and then they would do some really unique dances.  I bet she's got the moves and the rhythm to go all the way to the end!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:45 am

SweetTart wrote:Miss Jane, that's too bad that Simone can't join the DWTS cast, but I just read that Laurie Hernandez is!  So, you'll have to come visit us in the Sky Box so we can all root for Laurie and see who she gets paired with.  Maybe Sasha or Artem, huh?  Is Mark going to be back this season?  I don't remember if he said he would or not.  But she could get paired with Mark, and then they would do some really unique dances.  I bet she's got the moves and the rhythm to go all the way to the end!
I saw that Laurie was on DWTS for this next season as well.  Not sure how she will do that, I assumed she was going on the Kellogs Tour.  But Laurie is perfect for DWTS.  She has an extremely outgoing personality.  I actually find her over the top personality wise -- .  But she is a very good gymnast and was a great part of the Final Five and I will root for her 100%.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:20 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
I saw that Laurie was on DWTS for this next season as well.  Not sure how she will do that, I assumed she was going on the Kellogs Tour.  But Laurie is perfect for DWTS.  She has an extremely outgoing personality.  I actually find her over the top personality wise -- .  But she is a very good gymnast and was a great part of the Final Five and I will root for her 100%.
Whatever happens, I'm happy you'll join us this season. It's been a long time. Welcome back

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:07 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:
Whatever happens, I'm happy you'll join us this season. It's been a long time. Welcome back
Thanks DM.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:44 pm

SweetTart wrote:Miss Jane, that's too bad that Simone can't join the DWTS cast, but I just read that Laurie Hernandez is!  So, you'll have to come visit us in the Sky Box so we can all root for Laurie and see who she gets paired with.  Maybe Sasha or Artem, huh?  Is Mark going to be back this season?  I don't remember if he said he would or not.  But she could get paired with Mark, and then they would do some really unique dances.  I bet she's got the moves and the rhythm to go all the way to the end!

She is going to be paired with Val, according to the clues that were posted about his partner on the @abcdancing account.  (1) everyone knows her face, (2) she started her career when she was five, (3) she is a super athlete, and (4) she is the youngest of three children in her family.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Woo hoo!  Let the dancing begin!  I know who most of the cast is...big plus!  LOL.  Really looking forward to watching Maureen and Marilu battle it out, and watching Cheryl pound dancing into Ryan.  If anyone can...she can! 

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Are we there yet?????????

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:37 am

I couldn't find a thread for Maks & Rose and didn't know what your team name for them is or will be so I am posting this here.   I just saw this picture on twitter :

Robert Mills Retweeted
Us Weekly ‏

[ltr]@usweekly[/ltr]

12h[size=1]12 hours ago
Not a twerk in sight! Amber Rose gave fans a sneak peek at her first #DWTS rehearsal: http://usm.ag/2bV3oKn [/size]

They look good together.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Hoping that they do well. Very Happy

therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:53 pm

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks for posting the link PI - it looks like Val and Laurie are going to have fun if nothing else and that Max and Amber Rose were getting down to business - no high fives there. Giggle

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum