The Sky Box

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sky Box - Page 8 Empty Re: The Sky Box

Post by piratealikat Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks Miss Tart!  I'm so ready for fun and dancing....something to brighten up this danged gloomy spring.  We didn't even get our Valentines Day ride this year....we actually had icky white stuff on the ground!  Sigh.  Bring on the glitter and the dancing!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Got the limo ready. The trunk is filled with goodies from my cellar. Shiraz Sharna, Cuvee Kym, Vodka Smirnoff, Arnold Amaretto, Valpolicella... the usual stuff. Let the fun begin.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:45 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Got the limo ready. The trunk is filled with goodies from my cellar. Shiraz Sharna, Cuvee Kym, Vodka Smirnoff, Arnold Amaretto, Valpolicella... the usual stuff. Let the fun begin.
Thank you DMD, it's not a party without your trunk full of goodies being in easy reach!  It's also a blessing to have your limo to take the party goers home who have been imbibing great quantities of the contents of your trunk and Miss SLA's poTcorn!  Wine   Popcorn   You rock
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:01 pm

We also have curtains in the back, so no passenger will be seen. And the fact they will all be wearing pyjamas already makes it much easier for Pierre.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:40 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:We also have curtains in the back, so no passenger will be seen. And the fact they will all be wearing pyjamas already makes it much easier for Pierre.
You think of everything!  Indeed
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Woot!  Tonight's the night...I can hardly wait!  Dance class gets out earlier this year so I won't be rushing.  Yee haw!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:53 pm

piratealikat wrote:Woot!  Tonight's the night...I can hardly wait!  Dance class gets out earlier this year so I won't be rushing.  Yee haw!
That's perfect for you Miss Pi!  You'll have time to dress up in your favorite PJ's!  I have my Tweety Bird pajamas washed and ironed and all ready for tonight.  I'm kidding! I don't iron!  LOL  I'm going to take a nap this afternoon so that I won't fall asleep during the pajama party and have to retrieve my bra out of the freezer!  Any young whippersnappers won't know what I'm talking about.  Just the ladies that came from my century!  LOL  See you tonight!  It'll be so much fun! **I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!*  Excited
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Great show tonight!  Love the new dancers, especially Bonner!  *grrrrrrrowl!*  Charo was a kick, but then she always is.  Not so hot on Heather, Mr. T was fun, Simone......well hello mirror ball!  There is something about those gymnasts!  It will be a fun season!
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 am

What a fun night!  The energy, the sparkle and the razzle dazzle were are top notch.  Even the not so good dancers were fun to watch!

Normani-Val Quickstep (7-6-7-7)  I agree with Len…too much folderol an fiddle dee dee in the beginning.  She is such a nice dancer it would have been good to see more Quickstep.  However, what she did do was crisp, clean and very much up to speed.  Nice frame, GREAT timing.  Well done!

Nancy-Artem Viennese Waltz (7-7-7-7) Lovely!  Beautiful arms and hands, nice extensions, does have to watch her feet and make sure toes are pointed not flexed as if they were in a skate!

Chris-Witney Cha Cha (5-4-4-4) He was so much fun to watch, very entertaining, but very, very stiff and flat footed.  If he loosens up some, he might make a decent dancer!

Bonner-Sharna Cha Cha (6-5-5-6) Bonner has potential.  He has rhythm, he can move his body, he just has to shake off the nerves (everyone had this problem tonight!), and pay a little more attention to his feet.

Charo-Keo Salsa (6-5-5-5) Hahahahahahha that was fun!  She has some moves.  If she buckles down and gets serious about choreography and foot placement, she might last a while.  I wanna see her last just to watch her go after Tom and Bruno!

Nick-Peta Cha Cha (6-6-6-6) Well hello!  I wasn’t expecting that!  I’ve only seen bits and pieces of Nick on the Bachelor/ette programs and didn’t like him.  Turns out he’s rather funny and charming!  And I like the fact that he’s willing to put in the work.  That was very smooth, he understood the nuances of the music, he seems to have good chemistry with Peta.  If he stays serious about this competition, he could go quite a ways!

Heather-Maks Viennese Waltz (7-7-7-7) Okay, I went into this prepared not to like her simply because of her extensive dance experience.  Yes, her experience is VERY different from Ballroom, but it does give several advantages:  you know how to move your body and to use your arms and hands, and it gives you a big leg up learning choreography.  It IS very difficult to learn to dance with a partner, to build that rapport between you and to build the trust and to be LEAD by someone.  That being said:  I really, really like her!  She’s very funny, seems to be very down to earth, and is really willing to learn!  That was a beautiful dance!  I look forward to seeing more!

David-Lindsay Quickstep (7-7-7-7) Surprise!  The man is really light on his feet!  That was a well-done Quickstep.  He’s dancing on the balls of his feet, he has grace and charm, fairly decent hold and a lot of personality.  Another person with the makings of a dancer!

Erika-Gleb Salsa (6-6-6-6) Uhmmmm…. not bad…. but I think she undulated more than she danced.  If she can pull off a decent Ballroom dance, she might stay a while.

Rashad-Emma Cha Cha (8-7-8-8) Best Cha Cha of the night!  He’s smooth, he’s classy, very precise on his footwork.  Way to go!

Mr. T-Kym Cha Cha (5-5-5-5) I love his personality and his try, try, try attitude!  Not a lot of Cha Cha content, but he does have some moves.  Needs to work on not being flat footed, and to be a little more precise in the placement of his feet.  Fun to watch!

Simone-Sasha Tango (8-8-8-8) Wow!  Way to start off with a bang!  Loved her personality and big smile.  Being a gymnast isn’t always a guarantee that they will do well.  Personality also plays a huge part and I think Simone has that handled!  Fantastic!

I think that Chris, Charo and Mr. T are the first go-home possibilities.
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 am

Thanks for the lift DMD!  Great party as always Miss Tarty Tart Tart!  We have the potential for an awesome season!  Several front-runners already, but quite a few in the middle of the pack.  This will be fun!

Off to bed....have to be up at 6:30 (I'm NEVER up at 6:30, unless I haven't gone to bed yet!) because the Cookie Semi arrives at the ungodly hour of 8:00 am.  They really want me to unload that early?  I should be awake by the time we have to re-sort and stage all the cases for Troop pick-up...I hope!

It will be doubly fun-this is our forecast:  A chance of rain before 11am, then showers likely between 11am and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 58. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Nothing says love like unloading and stacking cookies in the rain and possible thunderstorms!  Smile
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 pm

And so it begins (this isn't all of them....we couldn't get them all in one picture.  This is about 2/3 of the entire load!)The Sky Box - Page 8 Cookie11
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Holy crap, what are you doing with all that stuff? Build a wall along the Mexican border or what?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Now that is a lot of boxes.  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Holy crap, what are you doing with all that stuff? Build a wall along the Mexican border or what?
LOL By 5:00 pm all but 305 cases were gone(we brought in about 2400 cases).  That's enough cookies to cover the girls pre-sales and about 2 weeks of booth sales.  We really do teach them about business/selling during cookie season!  Smile
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 am

Miss Pi that is a whole lotsa cookies!  Thanks for bringing some over to the pajama party.  I ate too many of them, but I can't blame you or the Girl Scouts for that!  I'm the cookie monster grandmama!  If there are sweets of all kinds out for the taking, I'll always take the cookies first!  Thank you for the wonderful critique.  I love your critiques because it's really teaching me things to watch for.  You're the best critiquer ever, Miss Pi! 

Thanks also to DMD for his limo the other night and for what was in his trunk!  It didn't go so well with the cookies, but it sure was good with the gourmet hamburgers!  Great opening night!  I thoroughly enjoyed it.
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:34 am

Thank you Bal91182.  I appreciate your help.
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Think I'll be rooting for David Ross this season. About time they got a baseball player on the show.

The Sky Box - Page 8 2047813-42951756-640-360
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:17 pm

You mean, a real one.

The Sky Box - Page 8 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justjaredjr.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fpictures%2F2015%2F05%2Friker-dances%2Fweek-seven-quickstep
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:04 pm

So happy for baseball to finally be represented and even happier that they chose a Cubbie!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:03 pm

moo2meow wrote:Think I'll be rooting for David Ross this season. About time they got a baseball player on the show.

The Sky Box - Page 8 2047813-42951756-640-360
Yeah me too, and he's a good dancer to boot!  Take me out to the ballgame.  Take me out The Sky Box - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDYG49xXs2eiq6UoQH19ALN9SN4U1I0oNhgE5SHlwCgLBjTGyTwith the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and crackerjax, I don't care if I never come back!  The Sky Box - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDYG49xXs2eiq6UoQH19ALN9SN4U1I0oNhgE5SHlwCgLBjTGyT
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum