The Sky Box

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sky Box

Post by SweetTart on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:41 am

MamaBear wrote:Hi All...remember me???  How funny...I can't even remember what color I used to use on DTWS and Bachelor/ette boards Smile  Been a long long time.  So Sweet Tart, I had no clue Emma and Sasha were an item! They look so cute together!  Who else is engaged?  Really enjoying DWTS the last few seasons, especially once they get down to the better dancers. Hope everyone affected by Matthew is safe!!!
Miss Mamabear, we haven't seen you in so long.  It's SO good to have you back in the Sky Box!  Now I won't have to send out the National Guard to look for you!  Maks and Peta are engaged and expecting a baby soon.  Otherwise, that's the only couples I know about.  But it seems like there are more love affairs on DWTS than on the Bachelor!  LOL  Miss Mamabear, you used hot pink for all your posts.  Meddy had made a special color just for yourself, but we don't have Meddy's crayon box here.  But there are colors you can use.  There should be something close.  If so, I'll use it for this post so you can see if you like it.  There is a tool bar above the post so you can change the font and size, color, etc.  So good to see you again, and I hope you will be back to visit often.   Welcome back

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

MamaBear

Post by MamaBear on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks Tarty...I think I was having brain fade. Yes, it was MamaBearPink from Meddy's crayon box.  My log on doesn't seem to want to include pink in my choices so for now have switched to Indigo.  Laughing  I guess I thought Max had already tied the knot.  He and his brother have sure settled down from the wild child they were at the beginning of their careers! Hope you're having a good weekend and thanks for the heads-up on where you're posting! 

MamaBear

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Welcome to the boards MamaBear! Good to see some more familiar faces. Smile

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Dancing Order tonight:  Maureen, Calvin, Jana, Ryan, Laurie, Marilu, Amber, James, Terra.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:06 am

MamaBear!  Good to see you again!  So glad you joined us!

Ugh....have we ever had a season where the bottom of the leader boards has 8's???  Any elimination at this point is going to hurt! 

I thought Maureen and Marilu both had great breakthroughs tonight.  Their dances were amazing.  And James....lets talk about James.  How the heck is he dancing like this at only 18 months post wreck?  He has impeccable timing, he puts in all the little flourishes, like the nod or turn of a head, the flick of a wrist, that make him stand out from the pack.  And he was by golly driving that dance tonight.  We've all seen the female pros leading their partners through the dance.  Not this guy.  Wow!

I still think it will come down to Laurie and James in the finals.  For me, the bottom 2 have to be Amber and Calvin.  I do think Amber has started to grow on me a little, but for me she is the weakest dancer.  Calvin is a doll and I smile every time I watch him dance, but for me, he is sort of stagnant...not improving as fast as some of the others. 

Time will tell!

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:10 am

Oh...and...by the way...I really hate their new voting set up.  I've never had voting trouble before, but this year, I can't get the submit button to work until after midnight.  Before midnight it just sits there and blows raspberries at me.

Pull hair Dizzy Duh

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:42 pm

I hate when that happens Miss Pi.  Computers can be SO rude!  Are you ready for the next round of dances everyone?  And there will be a new elimination on Tuesday!  They didn't have an elimination last Tuesday, so that must be why they had a double elimination the week before.  Whew, I hope they don't do that again! 

Hey everybody, let's have supper while we're watching tomorrow night, wanna?  Everyone bring a pot luck dish and we'll have beverages here.  Be sure and bring some deserts too.  Gotta have desert!!  See you tomorrow night.  Have a good Monday.  Monday?  YIKES!!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm

The elimination will be on Monday, SweetTart.  There is no Tuesday show this week.  Next Tuesday show will be the Finale, I believe.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Psychee22 wrote:The elimination will be on Monday, SweetTart.  There is no Tuesday show this week.  Next Tuesday show will be the Finale, I believe.
WOW the finale?  Is it just me, or did that get here awfully quick?  I hate the Monday night eliminations as well.  I don't think it's fair as far as points go, but then they have their scores and votes from last week, don't they?  Wonder why the show is being cut so short?  Are they starting the new Bachelor now instead of the first of the year?  I So much like watching DWTS more than the Bachelor, although I do like the Bachelor.  I've been watching it since the beginning.  The only season I didn't watch was Charley O'Connell's season.  I didn't watch much of Ali's season, but did watch the end of it. Anyway, it just feels like it's a short season for DWTS and that makes me sad.  Are you coming to the Pot Luck supper tomorrow night Psychee?

Last edited by SweetTart on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:03 am

How can next Tuesday be the finale when there are 9 couples?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:09 am

I think Psychee is saying that the next time there is a Tuesday show it will be the finale. Not that next week is.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:14 am

Lesallee wrote:I think Psychee is saying that the next time there is a Tuesday show it will be the finale. Not that next week is.

Oh, Yes!  Exactly right!.  No more Tuesday shows until Finale week.  That will be week 11, always in the fall just before our Thanksgiving.    This is only week 6.  We have five more elimination weeks to go which will yield us four couples going into Finale night and Freestyles. 

We had a double elimination two weeks ago and no elimination last week because we were changing over to a Monday night elimination format.  Tomorrow night the elimination will be based on last Monday's scores and votes.

Sorry about the confusion!

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Lesallee wrote:I think Psychee is saying that the next time there is a Tuesday show it will be the finale. Not that next week is.
Oh thanks Miss Lesallee, that is clearly what she meant.  I just didn't understand.  That makes more sense and makes me feel better too about the show ending already!  Zippity Doo Dah!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Psychee22 wrote:

Oh, Yes!  Exactly right!.  No more Tuesday shows until Finale week.  That will be week 11, always in the fall just before our Thanksgiving.    This is only week 6.  We have five more elimination weeks to go which will yield us four couples going into Finale night and Freestyles. 

We had a double elimination two weeks ago and no elimination last week because we were changing over to a Monday night elimination format.  Tomorrow night the elimination will be based on last Monday's scores and votes.

Sorry about the confusion!
No problem Psychee, my fault.  I didn't understand but am very happy I was wrong!  Thanks for the explanation.

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Dancing order tonight:

Ryan, Terra, Amber, James, Marilu, Jana, Maureen, Calvin, Laurie.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Where are all the ladies of the Sky Box????????

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 pm

*drops by*

Oh what it year it has been today...

*waves*

Hope everyone enjoyed the dancing tonight!

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:13 am

Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been AWOL.  Found out a couple of weeks ago that I have food allergies-the big 6-wheat, yeast, corn, soy, eggs and dairy.  Ugh.  My reactions aren't anaphylactic, thank heavens, but for the last 9 months or so I thought I was in a deep depression.  Nope...FOOD!  I'm slowly coming around again and finding out what I can eat.  It gets interesting having to cook for me, and then for 5 other people. 

Love the show tonight.  Ryan did okay on his Rumba, but he did a really good job with the Viennese Waltz.  He does much better in the dances that require a hold.

Glad Maureen went out on a high note!  Her Tango was pretty good...just lacked some conviction and power. 

Terra had a really nice Foxtrot, I wasn't thrilled with Jana's Samba, Marilu's Charleston started out nicely, but for me it fizzled, Laurie's Quickstep was cute...but it lacked the pizazz of her previous dances.  Calvin's Jive was awesome and I loved James-it was danced just as beautifully as always, but I kept wanting some more of the iconic Jitterbug moves. 

For me the right team one.  Their Viennese Waltz was beautifully executed and in sync. 

Ugh...who to go home next?  Ryan?  Marilu?  I think Terra redeemed herself this week, so she really isn't on my "it's time to go" list. 

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:48 am

piratealikat wrote:Hi everyone!  Sorry I've been AWOL.  Found out a couple of weeks ago that I have food allergies-the big 6-wheat, yeast, corn, soy, eggs and dairy.  Ugh.  My reactions aren't anaphylactic, thank heavens, but for the last 9 months or so I thought I was in a deep depression.  Nope...FOOD!  I'm slowly coming around again and finding out what I can eat.  It gets interesting having to cook for me, and then for 5 other people. 

Love the show tonight.  Ryan did okay on his Rumba, but he did a really good job with the Viennese Waltz.  He does much better in the dances that require a hold.

Glad Maureen went out on a high note!  Her Tango was pretty good...just lacked some conviction and power. 

Terra had a really nice Foxtrot, I wasn't thrilled with Jana's Samba, Marilu's Charleston started out nicely, but for me it fizzled, Laurie's Quickstep was cute...but it lacked the pizazz of her
previous dances.  Calvin's Jive was awesome and I loved James-it was danced just as beautifully as always, but I kept wanting some more of the iconic Jitterbug moves. 

For me the right team one.  Their Viennese Waltz was beautifully executed and in sync. 

Ugh...who to go home next?  Ryan?  Marilu?  I think Terra redeemed herself this week, so she really isn't on my "it's time to go" list. 
Glad that your allergies aren't anaphylactic, but oh what a pain. *hugs*

I hope that Maureen always remembers what joy this experience gave her and I hope she keeps on dancing.

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:24 am

Miss Pi -- I do hope you are feeling better.  

I actually agree with you about Laurie.  I think her last couple of dances lacked her usual je ne sais quoi, that Laurie pizzaz.  I wonder if maybe she is just stretched too thin with the Kellogs Tour and promotions etc etc.  Not to mention the post-Olympic exhaustion.  Maybe she should have waited til the spring to do DWTS.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks!  I'm getting used to it.  But it really sucks to watch my family eat cheesy stuff, and bread and rolls and and and and....sigh.  I'll get over it and eventually, it will get a little better if I avoid them.  I can eat all of them in rotation...I just have to make sure it's 4 days before I have it again. 

You may be right Miss Jane.  She's got to be exhausted.  I just think that maybe she didn't quite grasp the style and that's okay.  Not everyone can do everything perfectly!

piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:49 am

Miss Pi, the good news is that you can actually change your dietary preferences by simply eating healthier food consistently.  You lose your cravings for "cheesy stuff and bread and rolls" etc etc.  To some degree anyway . . . . . Laughing

Speaking of being exhausted, I am that.  And happily am off for a few days of R & R.  Continue to feel better and next week we will see how our Laurie does.  I for sure am rooting for her.  But the good news on that score is that I doubt she is very invested in actually winning DWTS.  The girls do the show post Olympics very much as, in Laurie's own words, "the congratulations job."  They all won when it really counted for them.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Hey Miss Pi, maybe just try to see it like this: what is the least important ingredient of a burger or a hot dog? the roll...
Regarding what you and Jane had to say about Laurie- could it be easier for her if Val could switch from competitive to participating mode? She's trying so hard to please him that indeed she lost a bit of that easygoing unconcern. 

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:01 pm

I think she would do better if he stopped "teaching" her and simply "showed" her.  Her very best dance was performed after having a week where she was on the road and learned the dance herself by watching Jenna (?) perform it with Val on a video.  She copied all of Jenna's mannerisms, got all the steps down, and floored the judges and the audience with her sophistication, which was nothing more than simply being a terrific mimic when given the right model to learn from. 

Frankly, I think all the celebs would learn better if they had that kind of same-gender modelling available to mimic. 

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:59 pm

That is an excellent analogy on the difference between teaching and showing DMD.  It is very logical, and Psychee your thoughts also make a lot of sense.  Watching and mimicking is a much easier way to learn, than being griped and growled at trying to teach everything on a strict timeline.  I wonder why these pros haven't thought of that already?  Let them practice with a tape of another dancer of the same gender for the first couple of days.  Then let them put all that they learned on their own together with the pro smoothing out the edges and explaining movements and steps they haven't actually gotten on their own.  But that way, the star wouldn't be so overwhelmed and then fussed at on top of feeling "worthless" because they "just can't get it" and they think they will disappoint their pro!  Good thinking you guys!

SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum