The MTA 7/22/13

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The MTA 7/22/13

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:26 am

I can say that I think Ali had the best men tell all and the best bloopers. All those guys were so funny and really supported each other except for a couple who really were told how the cow ate the hay. JMHO

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:44 am

Singly, I know what you mean about Juan Pablo.  He seems like a very caring wonderful man.  But the only thing he talked about was his daughter and it appeared his main goal was to look for a mother....and honestly, I think she would take backseat to the daughter.  Some are pushing for him to be the next bachelor, but again, we really no nothing about Juan Pablo except how much he loves his daughter. I admire men who love their children with the passion Juan Pablo does, however, if that is appears that his daughter is all he talks about.  I don't understand CH saying how popular he was when we hardly saw him at all.  I believe he is from Venezuela, not Argentina??

I can see where Zak could be overzealous, but that may be in part just trying to show a girl he is a happy, outgoing guy who looks at life in a positive way.  I can see Zak finding the right girl and relaxing a bit.  But I still think he is a genuine guy with a big heart and would make a great husband.

It seemed as if MF may be trying to get a read for Zak or Juan Pablo for the next bach.  I know on the ABC board lots of people are going for JP.  I think he is the best looking but just don't he has a strong enough personality to carry a season.  But it amazes me how women want someone because they are the best looking.  I think his season would amount to interviewing women for the step-mother position.  I really hope they pick Zak for the next bach.  He really wants a spouse and family and would keep everyone on their toes.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:43 pm

I think Juan Pablo is looking more for a mother for his daughter than a wife, too.  What happened to the daughter's mother?  If he's a professional soccer player, he probably travels a lot, too.  I don't think he has the personality to be the next bachelor.  I also don't think Des is looking for a ready-made family.

I think Zak would be a great bachelor.  Did you catch that he said he is working on an oil rig for at least half the year?  That would be hard on a marriage, too - doable, but hard.  However, if I were closer to Zak's age, I'd call him up!Smile  I think he is a great guy!Smile
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi, Everyone!  The best parts of last night were the first half hour - I enjoyed seeing the fans surprised at watching parties - and the last half hour!  So glad the MTA is over with!  They did seem to be promoting Juan Pablo last night, but as the Bachelor he would have language and cultural issues if he did the show here.  However, I could see him being The Bachelor in Venezuela or Europe.

Zak definitely deserves a shot at being The Bachelor.  Maybe they will announce that at Des' AFRC.  If it's not him, I would rather they find someone totally new.

ABC has just gone bonkers with their editing this season!

Here are some possible scenarios of what might happen:

Des has her Fantasy Dates, sends one Bachelor home, has normal meet the parents, last chance dates, and FRC with the Final Two.  (In this case, the rest would just be editing hype.)

Des decides after Fantasy Dates to sent two Bachelors home and continues only with her Final One (but the Final One may not know - somehow - he is the only one left), because she cannot deal with stringing the two others along.

Des gets so upset about something, she ends the whole thing.

One of Des' Final Three pulls a "Frank" (Ali's season) and goes home by his own choice.

Des receives really upsetting personal news like her family will not be flying in for some reason and that is what the tears are about.  They haven't shown any shots of her family yet, although they may be waiting until after the Fantasy Dates for that.

OK, those are what I've come up with!  What scenarios can you imagine?
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi, Blue Moon!  Zak said at one point that he did the Wall street thing, got tired of it and went into the oil business.  I think if Zak found the right girl, he'd be willing to switch to another job that would work better for a family man.

Hey, maybe Zak and his wife could run a snowcone truck together!
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:04 pm

It was pretty much what I expected. This season was filled with too much drama for a house full of men and MTA was just as bad. I agree with Singly, Ben deserved what he got. It's a shame that he got out of the limo that first night with his son presenting himself as something that he didn't continue to portray throughout his time in the house. I'm sure he wasn't expecting Des to say the things she said to him...as I'm sure James wasn't expecting it either. I don't know if Des would have said all she did if she hadn't been coached to do so by Ali and Emily. James is a piece of work. During the episode that all the drama went down with him his story altered with each telling of it depending on who he was talking to...until it got down to him just coming right out and saying he sees nothing wrong with what he said. But this all makes me question Des. Why during the season did she not act more like Ben and Jame's actions bothered her in the way she did during MTA? Are these people being told during filming that they need to act a certain way and curb their tongue even though something or someone is really bothering them? They are supposed to do a good acting job instead of being themselves? This could explain why a lot of us saw such a good connection between her and Zak and he got his heart stomped on in the end. I didn't see that coming so I'm sure he REALLY didn't see it coming. I really believe that he fell hard for her even though I don't see how any of these people can fall for someone so fast. That was a good song he performed at MTA. Not sure why they had him do it unless it was to get his true feelings out in song and to make her feel bad.

As to the previews of the finale...who knows. They really make it seem like something bad happens but you don't want to go there because we all know how TPTB spin things and make something out of nothing. I noticed at MTA when CH made his famous statement about the finale that the lady in the audience rolled her eyes which I'm sure alot of us did watching it on tv. In response he said that he really means it this time. Something else noticeable was at this point when the lead comes on to face the others let go that they seem happy and when asked they usually say they are happy. I noticed Des didn't look that way and she wasn't asked if she is happy either.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:22 pm

rks1960 - re your second paragraph. Yes, I noticed Des did not seem bubbly at all, and CH made no move to ask whether she was happy with the outcome, engaged, etc. It is like there is some giant conspiracy for everyone to appear serious. I don't get it, and if we don't get some good answers in the next two episodes, I'm afraid these programs are going to lose a lot of viewers. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Then again, they may be playing up the "dramatic ending" and wanting us to believe something awful transpires.  It may well be much ado about nothing special.

OR perhaps Nate shows his rump and hurts everyone's feelings - to the point they want to kill him - crying in frustration that they can't!  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:44 pm

LOL! Funny post  singly or it could be they are really messing with everyone's minds.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 pm

At this stage nothing would surprise me. I think they are trying anything they can do to get the ratings up. They are going to have to come up with something big for me to continue to watch. It would not surprise me if her parents do not come but why would they miss a free trip unless they could not afford to take off work.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 pm

This is my theory on what the drama is all about:

I just think they're messing with us again. They are trying to throw some twists in to change it up. There is a reason they allowed all the talk of Des being in love with Brooks as early as they did. They have been showing all this indecision that Brooks is having about Des. Then they show MTA when they have 3 guys left. Des is crying in the same outfit she is wearing when she is on her date with Brooks. Then CH is trying to console a crying Des when she says she wants to go home. I'm starting to think that Brooks breaks it off on their date but something tells me he may come back. I might be wrong but I think this is all for the drama. They may have had to actually bring in acting coaches for this one LOL....
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Acting coaches is probably a good idea Rck! Giggle 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:54 pm

SmartandTruthful wrote:Hi, Blue Moon!  Zak said at one point that he did the Wall street thing, got tired of it and went into the oil business.  I think if Zak found the right girl, he'd be willing to switch to another job that would work better for a family man.

Hey, maybe Zak and his wife could run a snowcone truck together!

Hi, SmartandTruthful, I forgot about Zak saying that.  I think he would be willing to switch jobs, too.  The snowcone truck idea would be a good one, too!Smile
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:56 pm

gin1972 wrote:At this stage nothing would surprise me. I think they are trying anything they can do to get the ratings up. They are going to have to  come up with something big for me to continue to watch. It would not surprise me if her parents do not come but why would they miss a free trip unless they could not afford to take off work.

Hi, Gin, I agree - nothing surprises me at this stage, either.  I think it's all about the ratings.  Did you notice that this time they didn't even put The Bachelorette show up at the top of the ABC page under "What's Hot" like they always do?  It was down in a prime time slot.  It wasn't that way for The Bachelor during Sean's season.
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 pm

rkc1960 wrote:This is my theory on what the drama is all about:

I just think they're messing with us again. They are trying to throw some twists in to change it up. There is a reason they allowed all the talk of Des being in love with Brooks as early as they did. They have been showing all this indecision that Brooks is having about Des. Then they show MTA when they have 3 guys left. Des is crying in the same outfit she is wearing when she is on her date with Brooks. Then CH is trying to console a crying Des when she says she wants to go home. I'm starting to think that Brooks breaks it off on their date but something tells me he may come back. I might be wrong but I think this is all for the drama. They may have had to actually bring in acting coaches for this one LOL....
Hi, rkc, That's a good point about TPTB allowing Des to proclaim her love for Brooks early on to the viewers.

If Brooks does come back, and this hasn't all just been "planned" by the producers, I think she should send him home.  If she doesn't want the other two guys, fine, there are plenty of gals who do.  She shouldn't have wasted all her time on Brooks when he wasn't interested.

That's a good line about the acting coaches.Smile
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Don't know if this is accurate reporting or not but it looks like the job of the next Bachelor is Juan Pablo's if he says yes. At least that's what I'm hearing. By all rights it should be Zak since it is usually given to someone that goes farther in the process and someone that was pretty much blindsided or broken hearted by the lead. All the hoopla over Juan Pablo at MTA was probably what swayed TPTB. I just think that he seems more interested in finding a mother for his daughter more than him finding a wife for himself. The women that are generally chosen as contestants seem like the type that are more interested in the guys looks than in being an instant mother. If he is chosen I see a season that will be a major FAIL...It would be like Emily Maynard in reverse. His daughter will be thought of as baggage.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:02 pm

I think all the hoopla with the audience for Juan Pablo was staged by TPTB so they could cast him as the bachelor and use him as a sign they are going for diversity.  Really weak on their part.  There are still two others in the running that are going to possibly get their hearts broken also if Des picks the only one that hasn't said he loves her.  And Zak should definitely come before Juan Pablo.  Evidently Zak and Juan Pablo are good friends now and I have pictures of them together along with Zak's brother.  Maybe they will do a season with both of them as the bachelors dating some of the same women - wouldn't that be strange.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:33 pm

I agree with you RKC about the season being a disaster if it's Juan Pablo.  They hid him all season then bring him on the "hot seat".  Why? To see what kind of reaction he gets from the audience?  Then all these women go gaga over him because of his looks and the ten minutes he talks mainly about finding a step-mother for his daughter.   I just don't quite buy the line he gives about really not dating much because of all the time and devotion to his daughter.  Not saying he's not a good father, but I have to wonder about these parents who become part of this reality show.

And SLA maybe they think if they go with the diversity twist next season, they will gain viewers.  Who knows.  I don't think he is strong enough to carry a season and I really wish that they would not allow anyone with children to come on this show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 am

Re: contestants with children. If they did not allow contestants with children, there would be a huge fuss by single parents and one who is turned down because of that reason might be nutty enough to take TPTB to court in a "discrimination" lawsuit. One just never knows who or what is lurking out there.

I have no personal feelings about it one way or the other, especially if the contestant is widowed. Widowhood is another whole thing from having a child out of wedlock. JMHOFWIW.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 am

The Devil's Advocate part of me says:

1.  After reading these recent posts, I thought back over the season to the episode when they made the western.  Juan Pablo's sense of humor in speaking Spanish came across as hilarious since we all know he speaks perfectly good English. 

2.  Even though he seems obsessed over his daughter, I'd imagine he missed her terribly for the weeks he was filming.  He explained that he spends weekends with his child - on the days most people are dating.  Is he a "weekend father?"  In considering what we learned from him, I don't believe he has primary custody.

3.  In any new relationship of this age bracket, it's my thought that one or the other will be carrying a child into the mix.

4.  He's cute and appears passionate about life and love.  LOL.

I really like SLA's idea of a double Bach with Zak and Juan Pablo.  We all seem to have loved Zak.  Imagine a few more girls - and the guys switching up dates.  Would they both fall for the same girl?  Juan could fall for one girl while SHE falls for Zak.  Oh-h-h, the dramatic possibilities!!!  With ammo like this, TPTB could omit the season's nut job and/or fake.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Singly they seemed to really be pushing Juan Pablo for the next bach at the MTA and I think that Zak should have that spot over Juan Pablo but if they want Juan Pablo than it should be a package deal with Zak also.  BTW Zak and Juan Pablo are friends post season and Juan Pablo has hung out with Zak and Zak's brother.  I have seen pictures of the three of them together on another site. 

You know a double bachelor season might be a good switch to this sinking ship of a franchise and since Zak and Juan Pablo are similar in age and friends it just could work.  Maybe we should push for that.  I would sure watch!!
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Sorry, I still think Zak should turn it down if offered. He is just too nice of a person to be sliced, diced and put in the Bachelor blender. JMHO.

Really don't know anything about Juan Pablo so can't comment on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:23 pm

I don't disagree with newto about Zak being too nice for this show and I feel the same way about Chris.  I wouldn't want either of them to sell their souls to this franchise but the idea of double bachelors does seem to sound like a fun and different season without the dumb drama!   Since the franchise seems to be really interested in Juan Pablo and they were really pushing for him on the MTA that is how this whole thing came up.  Being that Zak and Juan Pablo are friends now them being double bachelors just might work.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 am

JMHO, SLA, but I don't think the double-bachelor concept would work. What if they both zeroed in on the same girl? Would she then get to pick one of them in the end, thus possibly breaking Zak's heart again.

As bad as this program has become, maybe one more twist will choke it altogether.........

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum