Morgan News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Morgan News

Post by believeinme246 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:21 pm

From Soap Opera Spy

‘General Hospital’ News: Bryan Craig Confirms Exit, Reveals Reason For Leaving ‘GH’

September 15, 2016 By Migueljt 1 Comment

Please Share Our Posts!

In life some rumors turn out to be true and some turn out to be false but in this case concerning the earlier report that Bryan Craig has decided to leave ‘General Hospital’ – it is true. The young actor himself confirmed it to Soap Opera Digest, and in a tweet to his fans.
Bryan Craig is out as Morgan Corinthos and this time fans do not have to blame the writers, Craig made the decision to walk away from his Emmy winning role. After being nominated in the category of Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series for three consecutive years, Craig finally walked away the winner this year at the Daytime Emmy’s.
“It’s been an amazing journey, but I feel like the time is right for me to say goodbye to GENERAL HOSPITAL and Morgan Corinthos,” Craig says of his work on GH. He later went on to add “This was not an easy decision and I am extremely grateful to ABC, Frank Valentini and the entire GH cast and crew for the opportunity and their unyielding support. To the wonderful fans who have embraced and loved Morgan as one of their own, I thank you from the bottom of my heart”.

believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Morgan News

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:05 pm

wishing Bryan Craig so much good luck in his future   Cheers!

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Why is everyone  leaving or being let go? Scratch Dose anyone know if their will be a recast of Morgan?

ETS:     Or does Morgan take his life being Ava messed with his meds.????????

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Freda3000 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:03 pm

I sure hope they recast the role.   I don't want another death and  I do want the show to keep a family together - the Corinthos Family is strong and wonderful.   Also, it is good to deal with the Bi-Polar topic and show that people can lead good lives with the diagnosis.  Brian Craig is a wonderful actor but I understand his desire to spread his wings.  I feel certain they could do a good job recasting.   I will be so mad if Morgan is gone but we are stuck with Evil Ava and Horrible Paul!

Freda3000

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 pm

MPchimesin wrote:Why is everyone  leaving or being let go? Scratch Dose anyone know if their will be a recast of Morgan?

ETS:     Or does Morgan take his life being Ava messed with his meds.????????
Well, the hospital is having to close down. So what does this mean for the show?

Working actors have to do what's best for their own careers.

431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Mercy Hospital Port Charles, New York.

It served as the primary hospital for the series in 2009 from February to April, after General Hospital burnt down and was being rebuilt. It is known as the hospital where patients without health insurance can go and receive treatment. However, Mercy does not have as good a reputation as GH,

When General Hospital was in financial ruin in 1996, Steve Hardy worked day in and day out which finally resulted in a fatal heart attack. Upon Steve's death the board at Mercy quickly convened and planned a hostile take over at GH. However Stefan Cassadine bought out General Hospital before this could occur.

In January 2009, a man named Joe and his pregnant wife were turned away from treatment at GH by hospital administrators and sent to Mercy, because they didn't have health insurance. Joe didn't want to settle for treatment at Mercy and only wanted top of the line care for his wife, so he strapped a bomb to his chest and demanded that the doctors at GH treat his wife or he would detonate.
Joe was talked down and his wife was given treatment.

In February 2009 after General Hospital burned down, Mercy became the primary hospital in the city.
Several of the doctors and nurses who were employed at GH, worked at Mercy while General Hospital was being rebuilt.

Doctors Patrick Drake, Robin Scorpio-Drake and Matt Hunter and nurses Epiphany Johnson and Elizabeth Webber were among those who worked at Mercy while General Hospital was in the process of remodeling.
Claudia Zacchara-Corinthos and Carly Jacks made several visits to Mercy in 2009 during their pregnancies.

Michael Corinthos stayed at Mercy when he was in a coma and his parents were deciding on whether or not to try an experimental procedure to wake him up. 

Mercy is still mentioned from time to time as an alternate hospital for patients who, for whatever reason, cannot get treatment at GH.

http://general-hospital.wikia.com/wiki/Mercy_Hospital

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by believeinme246 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:28 am

Thanks for this walk down history lane. I had stopped watching GH during those years, so it's nice to see some of the storylines that took place and to let us know about Mercy.

I wish that Michael had completed the clinic. That would have been a nice alternate environment.

believeinme246
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:59 pm

GH casting call hints show may recast Morgan

A new casting call put out by General Hospital has some speculating the ABC soap opera plans to find a replacement for Bryan Craig (Morgan Corinthos).

Hot on the heels of the announcement that General Hospital's Bryan Craig will be leaving the role of Morgan Corinthos comes word that the ABC soap opera has put out a casting call that sounds suspiciously like Sonny and Carly's son.

The character, according to Soap Opera Digest, is described as "20 to 25 years old, Caucasian male. He is brooding and intense. He is complicated and troubled. Underneath his edge he is a soulful young man trying to figure things out."
The role is scheduled to start taping at the end of October.

Craig, who took on the character in 2013, announced earlier this month that he has decided to part ways with the role that won him a Daytime Emmy. "It's been amazing an journey, but I feel like the time is right for me to say goodbye," he said after news of his departure hit the Internet.

Despite theories that the casting call sounds like Morgan, a setside source continues to maintain that GH is not planning to recast Morgan at this time.

A rep for GH has yet to respond to soapcentral.com's request for comment on the future of Morgan once Craig wraps his time at ABC's lone soap.
Confused
http://soapcentral.com/gh/news/2016/0921-craig_recast_morgan.php

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Freda3000 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:49 am

I sure hope that they recast the role.  I don't want to lose such a core character or lose another family member.

Freda3000

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Freda3000 wrote:I sure hope that they recast the role.  I don't want to lose such a core character or lose another family member.
me too, Indeed   we've had too much loss already.

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum