Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Empty Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Survivor 33 Millennium vs GenX premieres Sept. 21, 2016

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_yomKxPvOAhVI9mMKHUoPAlAQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbs.com%2Fshows%2Fsurvivor%2Fcast%2F&usg=AFQjCNHCkF_Um8Ujv56j2_DfDFIrSCD3Fg&bvm=bv.131783435,d.dGo

Survivor Cast:  Season 33

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_jeffprobstJeff Probst
Host
Jeff Probst is a four-time Emmy Award winner for "Outstanding Reality Host." He has traveled the world serving as both host and executive producer for “Survivor.” Also, he received an Emmy in 2001 when the show won the first-ever "Outstanding Non-Fiction Program (Special Class)." Probst is a New York Times best-selling author of a kid’s adventure series, STRANDED. Probst is also a feature film director. In 2002, he wrote and directed "Finder's Fee," starring Ryan Reynolds, James Earl Jones, Robert Forster and Matthew Lillard. Most recently, he produc... 
Read More

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_adamklein

Adam Klein

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_bretlabelle

Bret LaBelle

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_chrishammons

Chris Hammons

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_ciandretaylor

Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_davidwright

David Wright

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_hannahshapiro

Hannah Shapiro

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_jessicafigueroa

Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_jessicalewis

Jessica Lewis

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_justinstarret

Justin "Jay" Starrett

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_kenmicnickle

Ken McNickle

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_lucyhuang

Lucy Huang

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_maritakahashi

Mari Takahashi

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_michaelabradshaw

Michaela Bradshaw

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_michelleshubert

Michelle Schubert

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_paulwachter

Paul Wachter

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_rachelako

Rachel Ako

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_sundayburquest

Sunday Burquest

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_taylorstocker

Taylor Lee Stocker

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_willwahl

Will Wahl

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Surv33_cast_zekesmith

Zeke Smith

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Empty Re: Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Post by Lesallee Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:05 pm

And I can hardly wait! This granddaddy of all reality shows remains my number one favourite. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX Empty Re: Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:59 am

So we're off and running again. Rather a dramatic start to Survivor with the cyclone causing an evacuation.

I think we saw some skillful editing last night that led us down the wrong path. The millennials were portrayed as such hapless goofs lazing around, having fun and unable to accomplish a single practical thing. While gen x looked dedicated, smart, hardworking and sure to wipe the floor with the kidlets. Ha! Not so fast, the kids got fire on their own and handily won immunity. A wake up call for Gen X.

Gen X had better be very concerned whenever a puzzle solving challenge comes up. These kids were born playing video games and that skill set is instinctive to them. We will see how the kids do at more physical, practical things.

Last edited by Lesallee on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:43 am

Very interesting premiere indeed.  I love the concept of this show.  Of course I'm bias and rooting for the Gen Xers.  Editing did make it seem like the Millenials had not a care in the world and very ho hum about the experience.  I think Gen X needs to give them more credit and put their game faces on - this is not going to be a walk in the park for them.

I thought it was interesting that the kids (that's what I call them), choose the chickens.  I wonder if any of them actually fished before!  We'll see, should be interesting!  Did I mention I love the format?  haha.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:33 am

Interesting concept this season. I of course will be hoping Gen X will pull it out this season. The Millennials can't be underestimated though. As to the Millennials, I don't like to see people pair of like that...the popular ones that think they are better versus the more nerdy types. I hope the "nerds" group together and take out the ego's. 

David with Gen X has to go. That dude is afraid of his own shadow. And btw, Ken is hot! 

My son came over after his college class while I was watching this episode and he took one look at Mari and said, I know her. Huh? I asked him how he knew her. Did she live in his area? He said, No....she looks like a girl I play video games with on the computer. I told him that's what she said she did for a living....plays video games on Youtube. He said that he recognized her by the red hair. Wow...small world.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Are we all routing for Gen X?

So far no favorites yet.  It could be Ken but that's based on looks.

Lesallee, my favorite show also.  I usually double DVR it in case there's a problem with one!
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 pm

It's too early for me yet but I agree with rkc that David has to go and yes he sure does seem to be afraid of his own shadow.  

I will be routing for Gen X and Ken is very easy on the eyes.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:14 pm

I need to get a couple or three weeks into the season before forming any preferences. Sometimes first impressions shift so I will reserve judgment.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ATN Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Oh no!  Am I the only one that likes David?  LOL  

Love Survivor - have watched every season!  It certainly has started off exciting with the cyclone.  They have never had to evacuate before!  

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
ATN
ATN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:09 pm

I think the kids better get their heads into the game right quick. Too much larking about and having a great time. If they don't Xers will decimate them pretty swiftly. 

I kind of like the hapless David and it amused me that he found the II. He and Ken may be able to cobble together a working alliance with some of the others. The women haven't shown me much yet to make any judgment on but I'm sure they will in the coming weeks. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Okay, Ken has moved up to be more than eye candy for me.  Definitely a favorite.  I hope he is able to get Paul voted out.  I'm not a fan of David but I want him to stay in longer than the cocky ones.  Hopefully as the show goes on he will get some confidence and surprise us with some big moves.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 pm

I agree that Ken is more then eye candy. Already he has proven to be good around camp as well as good in challenges. The fact that he is gorgeous is just icing on the cake  Love

I was glad that Gen X won immunity against the kids. They would have become overly cocky if they had won again this week. At least they know now that they don't automatically have this in the bag. 

Out of the Millennials I actually liked Mari. This early on teams usually get rid of people that are a liability, not those that are good at challenges. These kids are making rookie mistakes and voting based on popularity. Stupid. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 am

I second that Ken is nice to look at! I'm really enjoying this season, but the kids not voting out Figgy was stupid.  You have an obvious foursome and that is hard to beat especially the further the game goes on.   They don't think long term though, that was apparent with the chickens over the fishing equipment decision.  Crazy.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:40 am

Yeah, I think the kids are on a steep learning curve. But I don't think they're dumb, just young so hopefully their game play will get better. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:09 am

Goodbye Paul! Definitely the best pick to heave out. I was also pleased to see the women of Gen X take control of the game out of the hands of the overly confident males. Every season a good portion of the male survivors assume from the start that THEY are leaders and the "little women" will be biddable, malleable and dumb. Exceptions here, Ken and Dave.

CeCe stubbornly insisting on carrying the bag across the beam was a huge mistake. She was aleady right at the bottom and now, well, she made no friends with that move. Luckily for her Paul, the mouth that roared, talked himself off or CeCe would have been gone.

The kids are surprising people I think. Their problem solving in challenges is excellent. Perhaps they are simply more flexible and looser in their thinking but something is working to their advantage. I wonder if all being so young they are still very accustomed to working as a group while Xers have become more individualistic and used to doing things their way.

Last edited by Lesallee on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:36 am

What a stupid move on CeCe's part.  I am glad that Paul is gone but if CeCe wasn't so vital to Ken and David's survival, I would have wanted her voted out in an instant.

I find the Millennial's so annoying and playing a cougar, I don't find any of them the least appealing.  I'd really like the tribes to merge so once they start interacting with each other, I can find people to root for instead of just Ken and Paul to an extent.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:55 pm

I am also glad the women of Gen X decided to oust Paul. I didn't like how he thought he was in charge of everything and everyone.

Cece was truly dumb for getting the tribe so behind in the challenge. I think maybe she thought she had something to prove but not at the expense of sending them to tribal counsel.

The Millennials really need to get with it and break up the "popular kid's" group. Do the ones that are tagging along with the real foursome think that they stand a chance if they don't start getting rid of them? I think that Hannah is tagging along because she isn't used to being in that type of group and feels like it makes her important. Hardly....it just makes her stupid.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:03 am

I agree - Hannah needs to wake up and smell the coffee.  She made a real bone headed move.  

So glad Paul is gone.  His big mouth got him in trouble and I knew it was just a matter of time.  There is no room for that kind of ego.  These people really don't know how to play a social game, which is key this early on.

CeCe you dummy.  I  was rooting for you until you had to try and prove you were a strong competitor.  You are not and it back fired on you.  Ugh.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 am

Well that Tribal Council seemed a bit different to me - I sure didn't expect David to use his Immunity Idol to save Jessica.  I guess it worked out the way that Ken wanted in a strange round about way.  Lucy found out the hard way that she couldn't treat the men there like she did her husband.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:48 am

Wow, that was a total unexpected tribal!  I am shocked that David used his idol on someone else.   Jessica seemed shocked too and I can't believe she second guessed Ken.  Ken seems to be the most forthcoming person on that tribe - not scheming or conniving at all it appears.  Of course editing maybe a factor.   Jessica should now feel like she needs to be part of Ken and David.  I mean, Jessica voted for CC, that means she truly believed Lucy.   

The other 2 guys must be fuming, haha...  I love it!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:17 am

I think Dave accomplished what he wanted saving Jessica. Having her (distressed) eyes opened that way reeled her firmly into the Dave, Ken, CeCe camp. Short lived advantage for them though as the merge is imminent. I wonder why that's happening so soon?

Oddly I found myself pulling for the kids last night and they certainly aren't my demographic. With the exception of Dave and Ken the Xers are an unappealing group. Maybe that's why the merge comes so early, to create some interesting tribes.

Funny how Dave, the most hapless timid player in the first couple of shows is now the smart and savvy player who also wins challenges. I believe we were treated to some creative editing!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:32 pm

I was also surprised at how well Dave did in the water challenge.  If he really is having a life changing game, good for him.

At the beginning of either the reward or immunity challenge, if you pay attention, the two love birds are just about holding hands.  It would be nice if the Gen X players picked up on that in time for the merge.  It should be interesting to see how the teams wind up.

I'm also finding this season hard to like anyone besides Dave and Ken.  Adam and Zeke would be my faves on the other team if I had to pick.  Guess I'm going for the under dogs.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:10 am

Bye Bye CeCe!!  Your swimming was terrible!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:06 am

I'm starting to like Michaela.  She definitely has the physical part of the game down.  Social, I think she can be her own worst enemy so hopefully she can get past that.

I'm glad Dave didn't use the idol to save CeCe since he'd be on the chopping block next time around.  I wouldn't mind for him to win the whole thing.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:53 am

I just came here to say basically the same things you did, beardie. Michaela was very impressive last night and she has moved onto my favourites list. She does seem a bit vulnerable and will have to get a tougher hide but I think she can do it.

Dave wasn't superman last night, by any means but he made the right decision to write down CeCe's name. I'm not especially taken with Chris but for the moment that's who Dave has to work with. That skinny little Dave has an uncanny ability to suss out IIs, doesn't he?

I rather like Adam from the late lamented kidlet tribe too. So going from no one I gave a hoot about in the beginning I now have about 4. 

The Figgy/Taylor duo needs to be broken up but I think that will happen soon. They aren't flying under anyone's radar and people are starting to give them the sideeye. I think they should take Figgy out first, she's the brains of the pair. Taylor seems nothing but a big old horn dog with only lust on his mind.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top