General Chit Chat Season 23

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Chit Chat Season 23

Post by dori1333 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm

I can't speak for Les ,but I don't think he's perfect and he may fall from grace,But it's not his lifestyle! 

IMO.only, I think these two are different as night and day as far as morals go! As Lesalle said I think we have a pretty good picture of Maks, Val and their family  values!

dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:05 pm

I know what you're saying.  Amber and Maks may be different, but a lot of times when people fall from grace, it isn't in their lifestyle and that's when everyone is surprised.  A lot of people hide their faults well.  What would be considered immoral anyway?  Just anything sexual?  Maks may have some vice we don't know about yet.  Maybe he's a gambler. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Because Amber was a stripper and she is out-spoken about sex .... some people judge her in a certain way.I think that she had a certain life when she was younger and that is also used to judge her.

Judgement and criticism are what people are best at today  .... even though the other side of the coin is also preached to be "tolerant and accepting" of others differences and/or opinions and lifestyles.I know that it sounds great to stand up and say be forgiving and non-judgemental but for some this is much much easier to say than to put into practice.

As many have said we don't know the people we see on television,just as we on this message board don't know each other.I can disagree with all the other posters opinions but I can't makes judgements on you all personally  .... even though a bit of personality comes through in your postings I don't "really" know you all.

Oakma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:46 pm

I agree with what you say and I also don't think people should put people up on a pedestal when we don't know them. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:03 pm

You know ... sometimes I see people on television or in a movie and I don't like them.I have no reason,because as I say I don't really know them but my "sense" is that I don't like them.

I can't help it if I have this feeling but what I try not to do then is look for something to justify the feeling.One person that irks me is Jack Nicolson,I just get a bad feeling about the guy.The thing to do is just to not go to his movies  ...  not go watch them and then trash him because I have issues ....

make sense ? .....  Giggle

Oakma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Very much sense.  I get the same way. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Oakma wrote:You know ... sometimes I see people on television or in a movie and I don't like them.I have no reason,because as I say I don't really know them but my "sense" is that I don't like them.

I can't help it if I have this feeling but what I try not to do then is look for something to justify the feeling.One person that irks me is Jack Nicolson,I just get a bad feeling about the guy.The thing to do is just to not go to his movies  ...  not go watch them and then trash him because I have issues ....

make sense ? .....  Giggle

Oakma, I met Jack Nicholson in a small quiet bar in Aspen Colorado about 1980 or so.  He was even more creepy in person than he portrays in his movies. I sort of doubt that he has changed much since.  I would say that your instinct about him is spot on.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:06 pm

I don't get it about Jack Nicholson.  I must be missing something.  I don't dislike him but I don't get what the fuss is about.  I liked some of his movies.  I loved that scene with the waitress in Five Easy Pieces.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:12 pm

I think a big part of his problem is that he is high on cocaine most of the time and the narcissism that comes with that, together with his twisty sense of humor that can border on cruelty if he's in that mood, can be quite disturbing for folks who are sensitive to those kinds of vibes.  Not everyone is, though.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:45 am

So DWTS has announced their tour dates and whaddya know! The tour will land in Canada that country of disenfranchised DWTS voters. Hey Canucks, we'll take your money but don't expect to vote! So what if Canadian James Hinchcliffe is a front runner this season!

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Lesallee wrote:So DWTS has announced their tour dates and whaddya know! The tour will land in Canada that country of disenfranchised DWTS voters. Hey Canucks, we'll take your money but don't expect to vote! So what if Canadian James Hinchcliffe is a front runner this season!

As Arte Johnson of the show 'Rowan and Martins..Laugh-In' would say "Verrrry Interesting'. 
  I've noticed so many contrived things this season.....such as the Face Off pairings and the songs they were given. Tom said a few times ...."Our dancers will face off then after our show  the candidates will face off: How convenient Lol

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Responding to the subject of Len on the StopAndGo thread,

I find myself scratching my head half the time at his scoring and his comments. I think as you, DMD, he is now the least effective and relevant judge on the panel. We are so used to thinking his every utterance is pure gold that it's hard to realize that he has slipped. He is so inconsistent anymore. This is his last season on SCD (isn't it?) and perhaps it should be his last on DWTS. 

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:27 pm

RE: Len from the James / Sharna thread

"Psychee, I've been thinking like you for years, but it's getting stale lately. If you watch both shows, you can't help but realize how much he's repeating himself."
====================================

So you get to hear him twice as much...  yeah, I can see where that may be a problem.  You are hearing his embellishments like "Shut the door, call me Mary" twice? 

But how about the actual dance critiques?  Surely it would be expected for a  judge to voice the same complaints about amateurs' efforts repeatedly?  Some mistakes are just universal to newbies, aren't they? 

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Lesallee, you don't think CAI is just as inconsistent as Len? 

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Lesallee, you don't think CAI is just as inconsistent as Len? 
CarrieAnne is a whole other subject, Psychee. I am speaking only of Len right now.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Ok, but you called him the "least effective and relevant", so that indicates a comparison to CAI.  I've just been thinking that they sort of balance each other in their inconsistencies, and that if you get rid of one, that balance will be tipped in a bad (worse) way.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:16 pm

If you really wish to debate the merits and failings of all the judges, okay.

Len: already commented on, 'nuff said. I will add, I don't like Len's tendency to get a hate on for certain celebs (usually young good looking men) and let that influence his scoring. But that's not recent, he has always been inclined to that.

CAI: She is the emotional judge and sometimes, okay, often, that leads her in strange directions. She used to annoy me immeasurably but not so much anymore.  

Julianne: getting better all the time. She babbled way too much in her earlier season but she is learning to restrain herself. Her experience as a ballroom dancer gives her good insight into the performances.

Bruno: he is the intuitive judge, often flamboyantly over-exuberant but when he is finished with the histrionics his judgment is most on the money. He gets the nuances and the understory of the dances better than any of the others.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:28 pm

I thought Len seemed more relaxed this season so far in his judging, but then of course he will be leaving for a couple of weeks.  He even said he liked Amber's hip hop moves in her dance. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Psychee22 wrote:

So you get to hear him twice as much...  yeah, I can see where that may be a problem.  You are hearing his embellishments like "Shut the door, call me Mary" twice? 

But how about the actual dance critiques?  Surely it would be expected for a  judge to voice the same complaints about amateurs' efforts repeatedly?  Some mistakes are just universal to newbies, aren't they? 
Mistakes may be universal of course, but echoing what my sister said about the judges, Bruno and Julianne are judging much more individually- not as schematic as Len. 

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:37 pm

That was the one of the things I enjoyed about the show yesterday, was we got to hear what the judges were saying while the couples were dancing.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Lesallee wrote:If you really wish to debate the merits and failings of all the judges, okay.

Len: already commented on, 'nuff said. I will add, I don't like Len's tendency to get a hate on for certain celebs (usually young good looking men) and let that influence his scoring. But that's not recent, he has always been inclined to that.

CAI: She is the emotional judge and sometimes, okay, often, that leads her in strange directions. She used to annoy me immeasurably but not so much anymore.  

Julianne: getting better all the time. She babbled way too much in her earlier season but she is learning to restrain herself. Her experience as a ballroom dancer gives her good insight into the performances.

Bruno: he is the intuitive judge, often flamboyantly over-exuberant but when he is finished with the histrionics his judgment is most on the money. He gets the nuances and the understory of the dances better than any of the others.

That's a good synopsis.

But it also brings out my point... that with Len being overly critical of young handsome men and CAI getting the hots for them to the point that she's falling out of her chair, I think they balance each other!

What's interesting here is that when Len was gone, everyone complained that the show had no standards anymore and they missed his influence.

I guess it just seems like when he's around, folks want him gone and when he's gone, folks miss him.  I think he provides something that the judging panel needs, something that is different from the other judges;  I feel the same about all the other judges. 

But I do agree that Bruno and Julianne are the most consistent and do seem to cover the spectrum of what needs to be judged, from dancing quality to artistic quality.

I wonder why they never let us read the actual rule book that they say they have given to every pro.  No, actually I know WHY -- I assume it is because they don't want their feet held to that fire -- but I just wonder what words they use to justify it.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:08 pm

My comments on Len are strictly my own opinion, nothing more nor less. People have differing opinions and that's fine but my personal thoughts on Len are as I previously stated. 

Like my brother, DMD, I watch Len on SCD also and I am seeing a very different Len this season. 

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:37 pm

JH was being hypocritical saying Ambers dance made her  uncomfortable after some of the dances she has done with her partners. The Tiger Samba with Apollo she was grinding it and having him do the same.  She said that about another couple in another season.....so you are Miss Pollyanna now that you are a judge?

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Oh Julianne can raunch it up with the best of them! I suspect JH doesn't care much for Amber and we all remember the Maks drama. 

It is too bad the judges drag personal bias into their job but it happens. The judge that does it the least is Bruno.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 am

I always thought they should just install a cold shower over CAI's chair and be done with it.

peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum