General Chit Chat Season 23

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Chit Chat Season 23

Post by Psychee22 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:11 pm

I have often wondered if the camera work on the two shows is different.  I say that because when I see DWTS dances, I have a feeling of personal connection, whereas on SCD, the effect is more like I have watched a stage act, and I think that difference MIGHT be due to camera angles and how close or far the lens view is.  Our pros seem to have some level of control over what the camera lens projects to the audience, and they design the dances around that.

On the old Afterbuzz shows, when Anna Trebunskaya served as a some-time co-host, she often remarked that performances were sometimes good live and then not-so-good on camera, and vice-versa, and she would explain that the judges have a much different perspective than the viewer at home.  When fans would complain that the judges were picking on something that the fans felt they were imagining, she often would say that the error was there but hidden by the camera angle.   And in Amber's season, she remarked that in person, Amber's performances were knock-your-socks-off powerful and she agreed with the high scores awarded when some home viewers were not impressed at all. 

So I am wondering if this is a factor in your subjective impression that the same judges are less consistent on this show than the other...

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:50 pm

That's an interesting aspect indeed. I have complained myself about the camera angles, even back on the old board. The effect you describe is definitely there. Focussing on faces or upper bodies gets you emotionally closer to the couple maybe, but you cannot see the footwork at that moment. Maybe we could say DWTS has perfected the entertainment aspect, whereas Strictly has remained more conservative. In honour of Bruno, I want to add he is the most consistent judge on DWTS, and always himself on Strictly as well.

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

New season of Danse Avec Les Stars begins tonght in France. 

Deadie, do you watch it?

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:07 pm

No, I don't. Believe it or not, I still have other things going on. And I don't speak French. Weird, isn't it? France is much closer to my place than the UK...

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Not weird to me that you don't speak French.  German and English are more closely related and German is a much simpler language, grammar-wise than French...

As a matter of fact, there was a funny Twitter showing the front page of a German rag magazine that had the headline "Ist Trump ein Sexmonster?"  

The Twitter remark was, "Gee, I don't speak German.  Can anyone translate for me?"

Do most natives who live in your area speak French?

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:24 am

As a matter of fact, most of us don't. A bit embarrassing on one hand (though vice versa most French people don't speak German either), but maybe understandable from history. Next to the boarder is Alsace-Lorraine (that at times belonged to ancient Germany from the 17th century on), where most people still speak or at least understand a dialect that originates in the German language. So French is actually needed only when you move on to the central regions. But then why worry, almost everyone speaks English.

There are more reasons for the language barrier, including the occupation of France during WW II, France joining the Allied Forces in return... However, not that long ago since both countries reconciled and became the heart of the European Union. (The Brits didn't like the idea apparently.)

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:41 pm

One of my Great Great Grandparents was born in Blieskastel circa 1820, and I know he spoke German but I have wondered if he spoke French as well.   The other 11 German-born GGGrandparents came from other regions in the country.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:19 am

Psychee22 wrote:New season of Danse Avec Les Stars begins tonght in France. 

Deadie, do you watch it?
I went over to the tube and watched some of the Danse Avec Les Stars that have been released and my French that used to be pretty good many moons ago, is pretty empty today.The sets,lighting and camera work are superb and routines tres sophisticate. One routine a rumba caught my eye. I don't remember the dancers names but anyway this one had a different twist. It was a 3 some, 2 guys and a gal.Only in France. The poor lass was at her wits end trying to determine which guy she wanted. It ended with them falling on the floor and rolling around. What do you think Len would think of this routine. Too much Raunch? Very Happy

Last edited by bluechipdude on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:24 am

Too raunchy for Len, Julianne would be uncomfortable, Carrie Ann might fall out of her chair and Bruno, well he'll just be Bruno Very Happy  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Lesallee, you can see well enough to watch videos already and post?  Yeah! 

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 pm

The ophthalmologist told me my vision in the operative eye was already 20/40 this morning when the patch came off. So you know me, yappy to the end.. I went and bought a pair of reading glasses just so I could throw in my opinions. HaHa.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:17 pm

That is fantastic.  Yeah, you!

Flowers

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone! We've all become a message board family and it is fun.

I have an editor again so forumotion resolved the glitch with the iOS10 upgrade and I can babble on as I did before!

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Lesallee wrote:Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone! We've all become a message board family and it is fun.

I have an editor again so forumotion resolved the glitch with the iOS10 upgrade and I can babble on as I did before!
Glad they were able to fix the problem and you are able to use your iPad now.

BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 pm

This is a great video .... watch Matilda do a fine dance .... Very Happy

https://youtu.be/8LOdmka4_90

Oakma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:14 pm

There's a debate transpiring on another thread concerning how emotional Sharna appears. So of course, I have to throw in my opinion too. I see Sharna as a smouldering volcano, perhaps calm on the surface but underneath - wow! Peta can get a little more emotional but they are very similar. After all they are BFF and are on the same wave length.

Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Oakma, that was a treat. This old lady fooled everyone with her zimmer frame, and then she turned it up. WOW!

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Lesallee wrote:There's a debate transpiring on another thread concerning how emotional Sharna appears. So of course, I have to throw in my opinion too. I see Sharna as a smouldering volcano, perhaps calm on the surface but underneath - wow! Peta can get a little more emotional but they are very similar. After all they are BFF and are on the same wave length.
I think opposites attract.  They may be similar in some ways.  Witney and Lindsay are friends but they are very different and I like Lindsay much more than Witney.  I think Peta has something that Sharna doesn't.  I don't know what it is, but it's something.  But then I think Peta is one of a kind and most women on the show don't have what she has.  Lindsay is a strong second.  Most of the dancers on the show fade into the background for me except for a few like Peta, Derek and Maks.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Lesallee wrote:There's a debate transpiring on another thread concerning how emotional Sharna appears. So of course, I have to throw in my opinion too. I see Sharna as a smouldering volcano, perhaps calm on the surface but underneath - wow! Peta can get a little more emotional but they are very similar. After all they are BFF and are on the same wave length.
Absolutely true, sis. Maybe some people get fooled by the sense of humor and sarcasm they both have. Perhaps Aussies are closer to Europeans with regard to mentality.

DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:42 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Oakma, that was a treat. This old lady fooled everyone with her zimmer frame, and then she turned it up. WOW!

Glad you liked it .... hope I can move like that at her age !!

Oakma

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Last season this happened and once again,  when I get on this forum it says my computer has been hacked...and all my info is being given out....to WikiLeaks I guess lol...........it gives a number to call, which I don't, because my computer geek son tells me what to do..........those darn Russians!!!!!     The weird thing is it only happens when I get on to this website Suspect

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Weird stuff happens to me on here too.  You may have malware and need to clean it up with an anti-malware program.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:02 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   Last season this happened and once again,  when I get on this forum it says my computer has been hacked...and all my info is being given out....to WikiLeaks I guess lol...........it gives a number to call, which I don't, because my computer geek son tells me what to do..........those darn Russians!!!!!     The weird thing is it only happens when I get on to this website Suspect

I can confirm that the same thing has happened recently to me on this website.   Did not take the bait and could not close the window, but I was able to get out by clicking on one of my bookmarks to take me elsewhere. 

I don't  get that one often, but almost every day, on my iPad, when I first connect to this website, I get redirected to some bogus "You have won an iPad!" thing, that again, will not let me just backtrack out, so I have to re-load from a bookmark.  This has been happening for over a year.

And often, but not predictably, I can just be reading here and my computer will suddenly re-direct elsewhere for some kind of phishing attack, demanding that I press some kind of button which I refuse to do.

I feel like I am constantly clearing my history and cache after being here out of fear that one of these re-directs has planted something on my device.

It happens nowhere else that I go.

Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Thanks ..I'm sure you are right ...my son said he would help me with it this evening   I am so computer illiterate  I even have to have the computer book for dummies explained to me. Wonder if they have a cliff note for computer dummies LOL!   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:   Last season this happened and once again,  when I get on this forum it says my computer has been hacked...and all my info is being given out....to WikiLeaks I guess lol...........it gives a number to call, which I don't, because my computer geek son tells me what to do..........those darn Russians!!!!!     The weird thing is it only happens when I get on to this website Suspect

I can confirm that the same thing has happened recently to me on this website.   Did not take the bait and could not close the window, but I was able to get out by clicking on one of my bookmarks to take me elsewhere. 

I don't  get that one often, but almost every day, on my iPad, when I first connect to this website, I get redirected to some bogus "You have won an iPad!" thing, that again, will not let me just backtrack out, so I have to re-load from a bookmark.  This has been happening for over a year.

And often, but not predictably, I can just be reading here and my computer will suddenly re-direct elsewhere for some kind of phishing attack, demanding that I press some kind of button which I refuse to do.

I feel like I am constantly clearing my history and cache after being here out of fear that one of these re-directs has planted something on my device.

It happens nowhere else that I go.

Whew glad it's not just me...yes my son says the same thing do not do anything it says (whoever it is) but get out   or just shutdown........Thanks everyone!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum