Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:19 pm

I don't think a man crying should be thought of as a reason to be embarrassed. That's just a general statement. I have one son who can cry at the drop of a hat, like his mother. I don't think of him as being any weaker than his brother, who hardly ever cries. I think it is healthy to let it all hang out. Now crying on national TV, well, maybe that is a horse of a different color. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 8 - 7/15 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:58 pm

I was referring to the phoney crying scenes on TV not real life situations.  What they showed on TV was not reality to me at all - just more made up drama by TPTB.  I did not say that I thought a man crying was a sign of weakness what I was saying that that kind of cry acting would be embarrassing to some.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Huge difference between a man who can show his real emotions and cry and a man who is a cry baby. Many of the guys this season were whiney, cry babies.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Amen. I am sure she wants a man not child to raise.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm

That remains to be seen gin - guess it depends on who she selects as her F1.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:32 pm

LMAO true.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:13 pm

SLA44 wrote:I was referring to the phoney crying scenes on TV not real life situations.  What they showed on TV was not reality to me at all - just more made up drama by TPTB.  I did not say that I thought a man crying was a sign of weakness what I was saying that that kind of cry acting would be embarrassing to some.

Yes, you are right. I'm sorry if I did not word my post correctly. Sometimes my brain doesn't work. Crying 

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 am

Perhaps these scenes are those collected over the entirety of the season and already in the past.  Unless she dumps everyone, it's not likely a scenario will arise that makes everyone cry.  OR they're all crying in frustration at being forbidden to kill her brother.  That would be enough to make ME cry.  LOL.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:08 am

Singly I believe those clips of the Drew, Des and Brooks are from the Fantasy Date Episode which will be air next week.  It looks like a tropical area and they haven't been to one yet.  They may have been staged there just for a dramatic preview and they won't be shown during the episode at all or may be part of that episode.  We will just have to wait and see.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:16 am

''Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive''

And that's my take on TPTB for this morning........

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am

Back to the subject of Jef being the next Bach. I read somewhere that it is basically a rumor and that the producers realize that Jef has absolutely no desire to settle down anytime soon. Hopefully that means that they kicked that idea to the curb....for good.

Also I heard that this seasons Men Tell All will be aired a week earlier. Now what kind of game are they playing? So apparently the final 3 will not be there. This franchise needs to get their act together or they'll be looking for a Monday night replacement.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Rkc,  I think they are filming it a week early before the FD episode is aired and so the F3 will not be there but IDK if they are airing it a week early but I guess we will find out.  I'm not sure why they are changing even the airing of this and not having the F3 there.  To me there is no rhyme or reason to what they do.

I sure hope that is nothing more than a rumor about Jef being the next bachelor - Geez!!!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:12 pm

You know I hate it when nice people get hurt.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes but I'm so glad he did not do the boohoo in the limo and left graciously.  What a truly stand up guy he is.  Sad 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Yes, he really a stand up guy. I just hope he finds someone to bday with.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 pm

I going to miss Zak's fun loving, quirky personality. Bet the girls back home are lined up to meet him. I sure would be if I was young and single.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 am

singlyme wrote:ITA, rein and SLA.  I haven't seen a love story since Ashley and JP.

As for the crying:  If memory serves, Michael was one of the crying guys?  If so, it's not likely we'll EVER see this sequence.

Do you remember the kissing scene where JP and Ashley in the rain? I thought I thought I was going to call the fire department.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:34 am

I am sure he will find someone and it could be at one of the bach party.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 am

I did feel so sorry for Zak last night. I think he knew somehow he would not get a rose at the RC but in the talk with Des on the bench (or whatever) he began to show his bitterness. And then of course him throwing the ring out the limo window.

I bet it won't be long until he finds someone else. At least I hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:27 am

i'll have to disagree, newto.  I think Zak was blind-sided.  She's been doing too good a job in letting the bottom two think they're the chosen ones.  Don't think I've ever seen a lead so good at this.

Keeping all four on such a level playing field may come back to bite her when Brooks sees the show.  Especially when he hears that Drew is the best kisser and how she was having second thoughts after Chris' hometown visit.

I can't help but wonder WHY they've allowed us to know it's Brooks she wants.  Could she pull a last-minute switch??  Brooks, even at this late date, seems so tentative and wishy-washy.  Didn't he say something to the effect that while they're apart, he "forgets" those feelings he has while they're together?  Not a good omen.  And are those tears (of hers) in the previews because she CAN'T decide between Brooks and Chris?  So MANY possibilities!

And now we see how twisted and out of context the film on her brother truly was.  By "getting into their heads," it appears he wanted to delve into how they really feel, etc.  And it would seem he has no desire to sabotage a possible union - only to check these guys out.  Brotherly intentions - unless they get him drunk, of course.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 am

Although I like watching the hometown dates, I think this is the meanest and saddest part of the show. Where the lead actually leads all four on to believe that they will be the one. Yes, it's all part of it and the contestants do realize this, yet, I bet being in their shoes it's hard. And IF she really believes Brooks is the one and loves him, she should not be leading the others on so strongly. The rejection will be hard but she still makes them all believe they are the one. I too think Zak was totally shocked. Drew is so emotional as it is, he could have a breakdown.

As far as the brother. True he is rough around the edges, but I never believed he was as bad as MF wanted us to believe. Everyone hates the brother and that's how MF wants it. Keep the alcohol away and he won't be acting like such a jerk.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

I am sorry but Des's brother shows he has a dark bully side. I think he was picked on in school and made fun of by the cool guys in school. So he has kept a picture in his mind of who they are who they might be. Sean was one of the guys who he has in his mind. That is why he went after Sean. I would not be surprised if he goes after the final two. He will believe he is doing Des a favor. He does not want her to pick a cool man cause in his mind he is doing her a favor. If you watch his face and his eyes he delights doing this. In his mind he provided Des the proof in Sean. I think he is also thinking that the cool guy will cause a big shift between him and Des. The guy she picks will be able to give her things and her brother can not give her and his anger will continue to rise and he will try to break them up. JMHO

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 am

Rein, I agree it is wrong to lead anyone on. I cried when Sean let Leslie go. I think she should have been let when he knew who he was going to chose. I will say Leslie left with pure class and sat a standard for all ladies to leave with class. Talk about MF pulling him hair out.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 am

That could be the case Gin. It just seems odd that when Des' brother met Sean during the day they were getting along well, then at night after they were feeding him alcohol he blew up. I do think there is a dark side to him but MF is making it even darker. At this point, since everyone is expecting the evil brother, MF surely is not going to let the good side of him come out. I don't get the impression that he and Des are really involved with each other's lives very much any more. I think the brother is just along for the ride here.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 am

It's interesting that she is picking men that are the polar opposite of her brother. She may love him because he's her brother, but she seemed very guarded and doesn't seem to like him. I don't think he should meet the guys, but MF probably wouldn't agree to that.

Chris's family was a little disappointing. The 2 procedures with his dad were odd to do on camera and was it me or did his mom seem a little sloshed? Maybe that is just how she is. I liked Zak's family. The sister seems great. My daughter told me their snow cone company is huge? All over Texas? I added question marks because she is 11 so not sure if this is correct. Maybe a snow cone trucks comes, but she knew the name of it. They come to her camps and school. Where was Brooks' dad? I must have missed the story on him.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top