The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 26 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by suebob16 Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Here's the latest!  After contributing behind the scene videos during the season, James finally gets himself interviewed by Sports Illustrated/Extra Mustard. James attempts to simulate Antonio Brown's twerking touchdown dance (among other moves)!   Very Happy

James and Sharna have a sit-down interview with SI.  They are the first story.

Very Happy

Last edited by suebob16 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Another great pic of our favorite team during their time in New York today when they appeared on Good Morning America.

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 26 James-hinchcliffe-sharna-burgess-ncp

Very Happy

James is now back in Indianapolis.  A rep from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway just presented James with a trophy brick from the Speedway.  Also, because the Speedway was renovating their signs, they removed their old "Section 10" sign in order to give James his very own "10".  This was in appreciation of James' great work on DWTS and representing Indy so well.  Congratulations James--you earned it!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 pm

No video available yet from GMA. Sue, if you find it- post it!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:39 pm

These are the videos from the Final Four's visit to GMA.  As usual things get silly.   Very Happy

GMA post-show interviews (the earlier video was removed so will try with this one)

Yay!

Last edited by suebob16 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Thank you so much, sue. I think no one expects investigative journalism on GMA, but I don't mind. It's just fun to see them enjoy themselves after such a great finale.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:08 pm

You're welcome DMD.  There have been some seasons in the past where the final teams got to perform a dance on GMA.  I wish they had done it this season.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:36 pm

After three months of dancing almost every day, maybe they were even relieved to get by without it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:22 pm

From today's Toronto Sun.

James Hinchcliffe isn’t giving up the race car track for the dance floor despite his impressive finish on the current season of Dancing with the Stars (ABC-CTV Two).
The 29-year-old Oakville, Ont.-born race car driver, who became a fan fave for his natural dance ability and sense of humour, was the runner-up for the coveted DWTS Mirror Ball with Aussie partner Sharna Burgess.
The duo lost to gymnast Laurie Hernandez and her partner Val Chmerkovskiy.
“The competitor in you always hates getting that close and not walking off with the top prize,” admitted Hinchcliffe, who says he’ll rest up now before his first race back in January.
“But ultimately, Laurie and Val did an incredible job and huge congrats. What a great season. We’re still very proud of the effort that we put forward to have made it that far.”
Postmedia Network caught up with a very sleep-deprived Canuck, who jumped on a plane immediately following the Tuesday night finale in L.A., down the line from New York.
What was it like to hear that you were the best male dancer ever on DWTS from judge Julianne Hough and that judge Len Goodman said he wished he could dance like you?
Coming into it nobody expected much of me to be honest, myself included. But it just goes to show what a tremendous teacher Sharna is and what a great coach she is, what a great choreographer she is. She was able to take someone with absolutely no experience and get us to all the way to the final two.
What’s the biggest takeaway from the DWTS experience?
You really can do anything you set your mind to. It’s tough to explain just how reluctant I was at first to do the show because I was so inexperienced at dance and I really did not think I’d have any interest or ability.
How does DWTS rate to what you’ve accomplished as a race car driver?
It’s the biggest risk I’ve taken. Every time I’ve been strapped into a race car I was confident in what I was doing, I was confident in my ability, I felt at home. That’s my world. This was not my world. And so overcoming the fear and apprehension of doing it in the first place was a very, very big thing for me.
After almost getting killed in a 2015 race car crash at the Indianapolis 500 is everything else gravy?
It is. Had it not been for the accident, I probably wouldn’t have agreed to do something like Dancing With The Stars. It really did teach me what’s important, what’s less important, what you should worry about, and what you shouldn’t worry. When you’ve nearly lost your life, nearly lost your ability to walk -- even to have the opportunity to go on a show like that -- it really kinds of puts things in perspective. Any fear of looking silly on television is quickly forgotten when you realize how lucky you are.
So the crash had an upside?
I fear less than I did before. And I think part of that comes from understanding what really is important. Having a healthy, fit, and functioning body. That’s important. Missing a step in a quickstep on Dancing With The Stars is not that important in the scheme of things.
What is it about race car drivers that make good dancers? (Helio Castroneves won the fifth season of DWTS with Hough.)
When you’re driving a race car, your body is receiving many minute inputs. And when you’re in frame dancing, it’s kind of similar. Different parts of your body are giving you different inputs and so we’re used to receiving that kind of information, processing it and making it into something. One of the things that Sharna said was that when we were in frame for example, I was able to not only process what that meant but react instantaneously to it which she said was a very rare trait even sometimes amongst professionals.
As the lone Canadian star on DWTS this season, did the feel the love of entire country?
It was huge. It was unfortunate for the first time Canadians weren’t allowed to vote. I wish that they had been. I think that it could have been a big boost because all the response on social media was so positive. I definitely felt a lot of love from back home.
Why couldn’t Canadians vote?
It had something to do with the level of rights that the network bought for the show. I guess to have the right to be involved in the voting is an extra charge. While the networks at home were willing to pay to air it, they weren’t willing to pay to play so to speak.
And what did your family back in Oakville think?
Obviously, my family really enjoyed the whole thing. They came out to a couple of shows and got to have something to look forward to on Monday nights. [My girlfriend] Beckie [Dalton of W’s The Good Witch, and previously CTV’s Spun Out] had almost as hard a job as me. She was a trooper through the whole thing. It was definitely tough on her as well because we had to relocate to California for the time (they live in Indianapolis) and she was super supportive.
CTV Two is rebroadcasting the Monday night finale performances on Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:46 pm

I came across an interesting pre-finale sports podcast that features Dave Furst who frequently interviewed James during the season.  He joins the podcast in the first half hour to discuss James' chances of winning and some speculation of what his being on DWTS could mean for his future.  

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/trackside-presented-verizon/dave-furst-aaron-telitz-and-townsend-bell-join-show

On James' Instagram he had posted his response to Sharna's earlier photo of the two of them sharing a laugh.   Very Happy

hinchtownWell @sharnaburgess, here we are. The finals! Who would've thought three months ago we'd be here?! (Hint: not me). Just goes to show what an incredible teacher, choreographer and friend you are. This picture sums up our journey perfectly. I've enjoyed every minute of dancing, creating, laughing, top knotting, snacking, getting addicted to espresso, making Wookie sounds, doing accents, doing less, all the things, jovening, working on my body flight and floor craft, but, most of all, performing with you. Win, lose or draw this has been a life changing experience and I can't thank you enough. Now let's go have some fun and do the dance thing!!#TeamStopAndGo #dwts

Also on James' Instagram is a cute pic of James giving girlfriend Becky a kiss and thanking her for putting up with him during DWTS.   Very Happy

hinchtownI can't thank my beautiful@beckydalts for everything the last three months. Dealing with being relocated, crazy hours, last minute schedule changes, late rehearsals, a sore, tired and sometimes cranky boyfriend, lots of ordering in, guy liner and fake tan on me...and handled it all like a champ! Wouldn't have survived without you my love!

Last edited by suebob16 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:10 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:After three months of dancing almost every day, maybe they were even relieved to get by without it.

All three danced on the View.....so maybe they were giving them a break and doing something different on GMC, so they didn't have to do 2 dances that morning.     I would rather watch them dance, but doing something fun is ok too! Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Quite a few people brought up the idea of another all star season. Would we watch it if James and Sharna were back together?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:19 pm

That's a yes from me if Canadians can vote

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:22 pm

kincaid53 wrote:     That's a yes from me if Canadians can vote
On point as usual, sis. Wink
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:30 pm

If James and Sharna were paired again yes.  I don't want to see James paired with anyone else.

I've got mixed feelings about if a future race car driver gets Sharna as a partner.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:34 pm

I'd have no problem with another driver if James thinks the guy is good enough for our precious Sharna.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:44 pm

That is true, as long as he is James-endorsed.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Very nice comment from Troupe dancer Dennis about James plus a reply from James.  James' risky golf-carting video moment can be seen on Dennis' twitter at the link below.  

Dennis Jauch ‏

[ltr]@dennisjauch[/ltr]

Nov 25

Golf-Carting in between sets with the 1 & only @Hinchtown - This guy was an absolute legend to work with. Humble & Genuine #DWTS @DancingABC

https://twitter.com/dennisjauch/status/802143869672505346
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:56 pm

As I go through my James and Sharna withdrawals along with many other fans, compilation videos are starting to show up on YouTube.  Here are what I feel are some good ones.  Feel free to post other videos that you've enjoyed too.  

All dances - each dance labeled - no post-dance reactions

All dances - no labels - does have the post-dance James and Sharna hugs

Plus here are two fan videos that are more for the feels.   

Sharna & James - Over & Over Again

James and Sharma: Time of Our Lives

Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Sue, can I just hug you like James used to hug Sharna?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Let's have a group hug of Team StopAnd Go fans and supporters. Hugs
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Thank you sis. I already feel better.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:53 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Sue, can I just hug you like James used to hug Sharna?
Awwwww. . . .you're welcome DMD!   Very Happy

We need James and Sharna back together at some point.  They still haven't told us the funny story that James is so embarrassed about.  In James's most recent tweet he teased he may go to his grave with it.   Laughing
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:24 pm

I wonder what a guy like James might find embarrassing. I mean, telling Sharna that race car drivers are encouraged to pee in their pants...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:32 pm

I think I need a hug too. Miss our team.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:59 pm

For you, pb.

Hugs
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down