The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 16 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:10 pm

I hope Sharna doesn't rush her return. We really need full on, 100% Sharna for the last 2 weeks. Plus, Jenna is a wonderful Jazz dancer and James and Jenna dancing to Sharna's design will be impressive. 

The Paso with Calvin should be fun. James and Calvin have been team members before and meshed well so I think they will turn in a great performance. Certainly they have the benefit of two great choreographers in Sharna and Lindsay.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:53 pm

I also think she shouldn't rush it. If she just could manage to be part of the dance the way Derek was when Sasha danced with Nastia, I would be happy already. And I bet it would make her feel better than watching from the sky box again.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:14 pm

Joker/Harley Quinn views are at 1.9 M now. People are still viewing it. 

Most chatter on social media that concerns DWTS is predicting and/or hoping for a James and Sharna win. So different than the beginning when it was James who? and most were seeing a Laurie coronation. People have fallen in love with him. And hey, having the wonderful Sharna as a partner sure hasn't hurt him!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:11 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than just DWTS viewers watching this dance.  There could be DC comic fans, video game fans, and just plain Batman/Joker/Harley fans checking it out too.  But it needs to translate into votes, so hopefully people are enthusiastic enough to vote for James and Sharna.  

I've been trying to imagine what their routine to The Wiz will be like.  So far they have been mum on how they are approaching this.  If they are keeping it to an Oz theme, what characters could they be?  The song normally comes up after the Wicked Witch of the West meets her end.  I'm going to guess that Jenna will still be dancing with James on Monday to give Sharna one more week of rest. But if Sharna is not dancing with James, could she still play a part in this dance?  My thoughts on characters:

James - Scarecrow, Tin Man, The Wizard, Castle Guard
Jenna - Dorothy
Sharna - Glenda the Good Witch, Wicked Witch of the West (Idina might enjoy seeing the WW Smile).

Enjoy this fan made video made up of good wishes to Sharna.  Sharna tweeted her thanks.   Yay!

James and Sharna will win! Applause
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:11 am

That was touching. Sharna really has the best fans. I have no idea though why YT blocks this video in Germany. Well, maybe copyright issues, as usual. Via a US based proxy I could watch, but not record it (and I like to have everything dealing with Sharna on my harddisc). Finally a Russian server made it work.
However, it's more important Sharna herself got the message.
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 16 14716510 Sharna will be back to win with James!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:43 pm

What an energetic, fun Jitterbug James and Sharna did....yes he was a little careful with Sharna at times, but James character and dance was, imo full on!!! Loved it!!

Sharnas choreography and character driven vision for the VW was fabulous.!!!    Every judge got it right!!  JH.."WHAT" lol  yes Jules this dance was incredible! 
     Bruno of course would go for the dramatic interpretation of the characters which  were incredible! Yes, James 'new set of wheels' Jenna was perfect for this dance. 
     CA expressed the feeling the most of what was going on.....my heart broke for Sharna also, but this Lovely Lady is being so positive!!!   Yes Jenna was great! She captured Harley Quinns persona so well!!  This was an aggressive VW....Sharna was able to convey the beauty of the VW with the crazy of the characters and James and Jenna as JH said knocked it out of the park.
    I saw two dancers, dancing their hearts out for their beloved Sharna Applause  

James and Sharna will win that shiny ball!! Yay!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi sis. I am always so glad when I see you on the board! 

Our Chongie family have backed and supported some amazing people but I think we are touching the top with James and Sharna. And Jenna, 'cause she's our girl now too. 

For all who still labour under the delusion that The Houghster is the best choreographer DWTS has ever seen I say NO. Shana Burgess has taken that position. Her inventive, intuitive and creative visions for the dance are second to none. 

James and Sharna will win!We have a winner
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:06 pm

The Joker/Harley video has gone viral. Sharna and Jenna are very excited.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Now that our mayor is back (hopefully to stay), it may be time to reveal a little detail none of you has noticed so far. Remember when abc kicked us out of Chongatroydville so rudely and we built ourselves a new home, I came up with the Name St. Peta s burg that everyone appreciated. Now see the little twist I gave it- being the Sharna-addict that I am.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:31 pm

That'll do it for me. Over to you, Mayor kin.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:48 pm

Lesallee wrote:The Joker/Harley video has gone viral. Sharna and Jenna are very excited.
Just watched it again myself- especially after Greg and Natalie's take on the song. It gets better every time you see it. THIS HAS TO BE AN EMMY NOMINATION!!

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:20 pm

It is absolutely worthy of an Emmy nom. Wouldn't that be great. A complete acknowledgment of Sharna's talent and skill and also the amazing couple who brought her vision to life. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Yes!  An Emmy nomination for Sharna--and maybe not just for this dance but the ones coming up too.

Something I just noticed as I was watching the dance again.  Was James (as Joker) biting Jenna's (Harley's) earlobe just as he was spinning her into the second half of their VW?  It's likely an implied action, but it's quite an interesting detail.  Not sure if any serious dance done on DWTS ever had an apparent biting of the earlobe.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:50 pm

The show has submitted Sharna's work before for the Emmy's...  but Ballroom dancing is not something that the Emmy deciders particularly care for.  Still, it would be nice. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:00 pm

I guess the little details are why I watch and re-watch this dance. There is always something new to see. I love the way James/Joker flips his jacket tails as he moves to release Jenna/Harley from the cage. 

Doing this creative, innovative dance and STILL performing a recognizable VW, the assigned dance is surely Emmy worthy. So often the Emmy nods come from Contemporary dances and are, I think, easier than this dance.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Lesallee wrote:I guess the little details are why I watch and re-watch this dance. There is always something new to see. I love the way James/Joker flips his jacket tails as he moves to release Jenna/Harley from the cage. 

Doing this creative, innovative dance and STILL performing a recognizable VW, the assigned dance is surely Emmy worthy. So often the Emmy nods come from Contemporary dances and are, I think, easier than this dance.

Same here sis, I've watched it so many times!!! Always something new that I spy, that delights me!! Something I notice about the Emmys and Oscars they tend to favorite the same people a lot..I really don't watch either anymore for that reason.

I just saw a video on Maks twitter of I think what is an impromptu dance in on the ballroom floor not sure if it is for the show, anyway it's called #Mannequinchallenge and Sharna is in it dancing Excited Still not sure if she will dance this week, she had her knee brace on, but was moving pretty good!!
    Most of the pros and celebs that are left were in it except Derek, but Marilu was there having a ball!!    

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:47 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Now that our mayor is back (hopefully to stay), it may be time to reveal a little detail none of you has noticed so far. Remember when abc kicked us out of Chongatroydville so rudely and we built ourselves a new home, I came up with the Name St. Peta s burg that everyone appreciated. Now see the little twist I gave it- being the Sharna-addict that I am.

Are you not the sly one brother!!! Covering the bases for two of our favorite lovely ladies Very Happy   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:28 am

Lesallee wrote:I guess the little details are why I watch and re-watch this dance. There is always something new to see. I love the way James/Joker flips his jacket tails as he moves to release Jenna/Harley from the cage. 

Regarding the little details, I also love the details in their Tango for Most Memorable Year.  During their opening dance before the actual tango I was so impressed by how James' was using his hands and arms, and his supportive moves and holds while Sharna was spinning or going into a dip.  It looked so natural for him even though we know it was the result of hard work on their part.  It was another example of attention to detail by Sharna and the excellent student that James is.  

Here is another interesting video of the Joker & Harley VW from Sharna's viewpoint.  Sharna goes to the balcony to watch James' and Jenna's performance. The audio commentary is Emma and Dominic from All Access.  Note the handheld cameras used by the crew on the floor.  And watch for Sharna's reaction as they get the perfect score.  Very Happy  I wish there had been some way to back up the camera at the end so that we could see their group hug when James and Jenna went upstairs.  

James and Sharna will win!    Woo hoo
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Sharna and James and Jenna are keeping silent on Twitter. Want to keep up the suspense I guess.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Jenna could have worked with James and Sharna easily step in..James has already shown he can handle it!!!  I wish I knew how to put videos up where you could see Sharna dancing about in Val and Maks mannequin challenge. I think it will be a close call on whether she dances tonight. Sharna flew to Ohio to be treated by the Chmerkovskiy fam Dr Seeds.  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:41 pm

kincaid53 wrote: Something I notice about the Emmys and Oscars they tend to favorite the same people a lot..I really don't watch either anymore for that reason.

Some of that changed abruptly this year with the #OscarsSoWhite controversy.  As a reaction to that, the Emmys gave their awards out to as diverse a group as possible.  Choreography Emmies, for example, were given to a comedy show and a (admittedly stellar) Hip hop group, bypassing the entries from both DWTS and SYTYCD.  By diversifying the genres, they hope to get out of any rut they may be in with regard to stereotyped winners.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:11 pm

kincaid53 wrote:  Jenna could have worked with James and Sharna easily step in..James has already shown he can handle it!!!  I wish I knew how to put videos up where you could see Sharna dancing about in Val and Maks mannequin challenge. I think it will be a close call on whether she dances tonight. Sharna flew to Ohio to be treated by the Chmerkovskiy fam Dr Seeds.  

She really shouldn't try to rush it. What's another week? Her biggest concern- as she said- was that James could be voted off if she wasn't there for him. I don't think the fans will let that happen. The great reactions to last week's performance prove that Jenna is well accepted. And it's still Sharna's creativity that makes them shine. Good luck for tonight, James- whoever has the pleasure to dance with you.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:20 pm

I totally agree with you brother....HInchtowm-Chongatroydville will unite and get TeamStopAndGo to the Semifinals!!!! Cheer  whether he dances with the lovely Sharna or our Star substitute Jenna!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

James' Video Diary for Week 9 is up.

James had never seen The Wiz so he, Sharna and Jenna watched the 1978 movie version with Diana Ross.  Plus it sounds like he will not always be connected to his partner in the choreography tonight.  James was so good when he did his quickstep, so I'm sure he will do great tonight.  

You can do it James!   Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:59 pm

James and Sharna Will Win!Disco dance
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down