The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:34 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with everything the TV Guide author had to say (thanks for posting, Psychee!)
Whatever it takes to convince Julianne (and maybe the resident grump next week), I hope our team will do it. I may have said they didn't deserve a perfect 40 this week. This does not mean they don't deserve to win. They totally do.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:02 pm

James just tweeted that he and Sharna are going to be on The Ellen Show.  It was posted about 15 minutes ago so I don't know if that means we would see them today or tomorrow.  My online guide doesn't confirm their appearance.  Does anyone else know?

It's probably not today, but I hope they let us known soon.

Last edited by suebob16 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:01 pm

I have looked at that rumba three more times. I see no mistake anywhere and excuse me, but anymore chemistry would've been incendiary! That should have been all tens. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Ellen may not air on the same date that they tape the show.  There is a list of guests on the Ellen show HERE and the list right now goes through Oct 28 and Sharna / James is not on it.  They might be a last minute substitute, but that's a good place to keep up to date, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:19 pm

UPDATE:  James and Sharna did a quickie chat on his Facebook page.  Unfortunately the video is out of sync but the audio is fine.  They did the Ellen Show today and their appearance will be on this Monday's episode.  They talked about how they were asked to perform the rumba but then at the last minute were told to switch to the cha cha, so they had to bone up on their cha cha because they hadn't done it since Week 3.

They answer a few chat questions, so be sure to check it out.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Just finished watching it, sue. These two are always fun.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:53 pm

In the chat it sounded like Sharna had a mishap while working on the Jitterbug.  I hope she and James stay healthy for Monday.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Don't make me nervous! Sharna has never had an injury on the show yet. This is one thing we don't need now.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:42 pm

It seems James kind of landed on her head rehearsing one of their jitterbug tricks. Sharna said she's fine and she looked and sounded just fine.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Sharna, I'm sure is one tough lovely lady, but I'm sure we will hear all about it Monday night!!

Team StopAndGo   will win Excited

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:12 pm

In that car vlog, Sharna also said two other things that I found interesting.

The first was that the show is limiting practice hours for the couples to the same number of hours they had the week before with one dance assigned, so that they now have to accomplish twice as much in the same amount of time. 

I don't think they limited time in previous years, and if they did, they weren't still doing so in week 7.

The second thing that came out is that Sharna is not in a position to take on another driver for next season.  Apparently she is already committed to doing something else.  That COULD mean that she is already committed to another partner, but it sounded more like she is already committed to another venture outside this program, meaning, that she either would not be a pro next season or not be on the show next season at all.  But if anyone is worried, she talked like she would be clear to take on new people the season afterward.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:54 pm

HEY EVERYBODY!!  James and Sharna live rehearsal on DWTS Facebook right now!  Very Happy
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:28 pm

suebob16 wrote:HEY EVERYBODY!!  James and Sharna live rehearsal on DWTS Facebook right now!  Very Happy
Just watched it, sue. I have never, never seen Sharna have such pure fun with any previous partner. Their personalities just completely mesh and they are having such fun. 

The jitterbug looks like it is coming along nicely. James learns dances so quickly, it's amazing.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:39 pm

That "snot stream" story was hilarious.  Will add it to the list of bodily function problems that we are never supposed to know about.... tee hee...

I love how she gives a name to his posture problems..  Like "Hunchley" for his hunched frame. 

So funny!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Lesallee wrote:
suebob16 wrote:HEY EVERYBODY!!  James and Sharna live rehearsal on DWTS Facebook right now!  Very Happy
Just watched it, sue. I have never, never seen Sharna have such pure fun with any previous partner. Their personalities just completely mesh and they are having such fun. 

The jitterbug looks like it is coming along nicely. James learns dances so quickly, it's amazing.
James joined the show with no apparent baggage to slow him down.  He had no prior dance experience but a competitive spirit and a willingness to learn.  In a recent interview he said he had earlier talked to Maks, and Maks told him that the DWTS dance experience is what you make it.  Because James wants to do well and is working so hard at this, the work is paying off and he is excelling.  He is detail oriented when it comes to his racing, so how he approaches dancing is the same.  It's fascinating that James is able to absorb what Sharna is teaching him and that he has been able to translate it into dance movement with no awkwardness.  He is used to speed, and I believe it helps him keep up with Sharna's choreography.  James let out a whoop when Sharna showed him the quickstep in rehearsal, and he had to pause for moment to take it in.  I think he may have been excited to experience how fast a quickstep could be. 

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 12 Tumblr_odf6qsNvdh1vcz7zso3_r1_540

Every so often on DWTS a partnership blossoms into something unexpected and special.  Meryl and Maks. . .Tommy and Peta. . .Bill and Emma. . .are a few that I remember.  I feel this season it's James and Sharna.  James brought his wise-cracking sense of humor, and his fun personality brought out the fun side of Sharna that we don't always get to see.  Both of them seem to thrive on hard work, but to be able to see the fun they are also having during this journey has been a treat.  It may be awhile before Sharna has another partnership this unique.  To me James has been the unexpected complete package of Season 23.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Very well put, sue. Yes, I agree, they are this season's special couple. Better than Meryl and Maks to me because their personalities jibe so well and M & M, although magical together were so very different. Not better, rather equal to the Tommy/Peta pairing. Supporting Chongatroyd gave our small message board family our name, we are Chongies.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Those two are truly a fun, funny team. Can't wait!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:24 pm

From James' FB page:
People ask me who talked me into going on #DWTS ... now you know.

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 12 Img_0216
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Lol, now we know.  Smile

Week 7 Video Diary is up.  Sounds like Team Past will be doing Viennese Waltz style.

Thankfully someone synced up the earlier FB chat in the car.  Much better now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woKonaxeaiQ
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Karina posted this a while ago. Must be Vodka Smirnoff then. Have another one, James. Available from stock at DMD's . Cheers!
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 12 12362410
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:01 pm

That's what happens when you think you've seen it all, and you know it all. I have discussed with sister Lesallee how James and Sharna would rank on Strictly. My two favorites there, Louise and Danny, also had the Rumba this week; so it's a perfect opportunity for direct comparison. Honestly, StopAndGo might have taken the lead there this week- even with the actual DWTS score. Gleb's approach (as I mentioned on the Latin Week thread) would probably not have worked for the British jury except for Bruno, of course. Sharna's choreography however was far more creative, yet packed with actual dance content, than Kevin's and Oti's.
Finally, to make lemonade of it for those of you who thought James should have gotten all tens this week: Laurie has already experienced that from a perfect score the only way is down. She may have peaked already, while James is still growing. He knows from his sitting job all that matters is how you finish. The goal for tomorrow is a ten from Len, which might be easier to achieve for Sharna (1940's theme!) than for Gleb.
Good luck for our team!   
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Some more videos while we wait for Eras Night. 

Bruno has compared James and Sharna to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.  Here is a great early tap dance by Fred and Ginger from their 1935 film Roberta.  They may have had later dances that were smoother and more elegant but it's hard to top the rapport and fun they had in this number.

While this isn't a Jitterbug, here is Fred and Rita Hayworth from the 1942 film You Were Never Lovelier doing the Shorty George.

Team Past's dance style to the theme from Outlander will be closer to Viennese Waltz.  Here is some livelier Scottish country dancing from a BBC dancing program in 1992.

James and Sharna will win!  We have a winner
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:56 pm

DWTS Instagram--The Team Past costumes are gorgeous--check out Maureen's dress!  I guess they are not going for the kilt idea.  Also a pic of James and Sharna with perhaps a hint of where they are going with their jitterbug.  Looking forward to Monday!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Really looking forward to tomorrow night's show. Last week I saw so little of it live, had to watch on YT and it's just not the same.

James and Sharna will win!!!!

Excited Cheer
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 am

I absolutely adore this pairing.

James and Sharna will win!
peebeeb
peebeeb