Episode 7 - 7/8 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 7 - 7/8 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Does Des' brother come before the MTPs? He is in the next preview. First they make it look like Brooks is leaving in the last preview, then they show him in a preview with her brother. Which version are they trying to pedal?

If you scroll past the screen caps, there is a preview at the bottom.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=TheBachelorette&Number=19610584
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:24 pm

SLA44 wrote:One thing I noticed last night was when Chris talked about Des and his feelings for her in his PI's his eyes showed it and sparkled.  When Brooks talked about her in his PI's there was not sparkle in his eyes.  I really think that Chris, Zak and Drews feelings for Des are real and Brooks just is not feeling it.  I really don't think editing can hide that completely IDK.

I think what you are saying about Brooks just not feeling it is pretty spot on. I think that seems to be the general consensus with most of us and we can't all be wrong. He seemed more excited to be around her in the beginning than he does now. I understand that it takes a while for feelings to grow in some cases...especially with this show the way it is set up BUT if there is feelings there they grow slowly over time...not throw themselves in reverse!!! He sees how the other guys seem totally into her and being as such if he really isn't into her that much than he needs to do the right thing and not accept another rose and just walk away before she and the other guys get hurt. If he allows something like that to happen then it will show him to be a total piece of crap.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

grace8136 wrote:Does Des' brother come before the MTPs? He is in the next preview. First they make it look like Brooks is leaving in the last preview, then they show him in a preview with her brother. Which version are they trying to pedal?

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=TheBachelorette&Number=19610584

Yes Grace he does go to LA to talk to Des before the rose ceremony for the HTD's. Why I don't know but he had tweeted that he was on his way to LA when the home dates were taking place and from the looks of it he did meet with Des in her room. Then it makes it look like he is lurking in the hallway when Brooks is entering the hotel for the rose ceremony. I do not think he was allowed to meet or talk with the bachelors and will not be until the MTP segment in the LCS/FR episode. Here is the video that is on the Jokers site:

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:37 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:One thing I noticed last night was when Chris talked about Des and his feelings for her in his PI's his eyes showed it and sparkled.  When Brooks talked about her in his PI's there was not sparkle in his eyes.  I really think that Chris, Zak and Drews feelings for Des are real and Brooks just is not feeling it.  I really don't think editing can hide that completely IDK.

I think what you are saying about Brooks just not feeling it is pretty spot on. I think that seems to be the general consensus with most of us and we can't all be wrong. He seemed more excited to be around her in the beginning than he does now. I understand that it takes a while for feelings to grow in some cases...especially with this show the way it is set up BUT if there is feelings there they grow slowly over time...not throw themselves in reverse!!! He sees how the other guys seem totally into her and being as such if he really isn't into her that much than he needs to do the right thing and not accept another rose and just walk away before she and the other guys get hurt. If he allows something like that to happen then it will show him to be a total piece of crap.

Rkc I don't know if seeing her making out with James was a turnoff for Brooks or the early date interest was just a flash in the pan but IMO he is not feeling it in the last episode and pretty much said so in his PI. Everything on his last 1-on-1 seemed forced to me and very awkward. Who knows what TPTB are pulling but I doubt they will let him just walk away. If we can believe the previews it looks like Drew is breaking it off with her and there were no clips of Zak at the FSD's so I'm afraid he is going to be the one cut at the HTD rose ceremony. I think the writing was on the wall with that for Zak when she gave Drew the rose on the 2-on-1 date. I really feel that Chris is going to end up as collateral damage in this train wreck and he is my favorite so that makes me sad for him.Sad 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 pm

I really do not like the rags, now they are saying Drew is possible gay. I sure wonder how people go to sleep at night.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:05 am

gin1972 wrote:I really do not like the rags, now they are saying Drew is possible gay. I sure wonder how people go to sleep at night.

They need to keep their mouths shut unless it's been proven and they know it for a fact. I don't think he's the most manly guy I've ever seen but I think it's just a bunch of speculation unless someone can prove it.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:26 am

Amen. I hope and pray that none of my granddaughters go into that field.  I would like to see their faces when some day they have to meet their maker.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 am

SLA44 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:Does Des' brother come before the MTPs? He is in the next preview. First they make it look like Brooks is leaving in the last preview, then they show him in a preview with her brother. Which version are they trying to pedal?

Yes Grace he does go to LA to talk to Des before the rose ceremony for the HTD's.  Why I don't know but he had tweeted that he was on his way to LA when the home dates were taking place and from the looks of it he did meet with Des in her room.  Then it makes it look like he is lurking in the hallway when Brooks is entering the hotel for the rose ceremony.  I do not think he was allowed to meet or talk with the bachelors and will not be until the MTP segment in the LCS/FR episode.  Here is the video that is on the Jokers site:

Why are they in a hotel for the RC in LA and not the bach mansion?
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 am

SLA44 wrote:

[i][color=#3333cc][font=Comic Sans MS]Yes Grace he does go to LA to talk to Des before the rose ceremony for the HTD's.  Why I don't know but he had tweeted that he was on his way to LA when the home dates were taking place and from the looks of it he did meet with Des in her room.  Then it makes it look like he is lurking in the hallway when Brooks is entering the hotel for the rose ceremony.  I do not think he was allowed to meet or talk with the bachelors and will not be until the MTP segment in the LCS/FR episode.

Why are they in a hotel for the RC in LA and not the bach mansion?
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:22 am

I DO hope they're not giving the brother much air time or input this time around.  He was obnoxious enough the last go-round. 

Brooks seemed to be taking an interest in what his mom was telling him.  He looked almost stunned by her advice.  And Drew's mom - the woman looks worn out.

Back to the brother.  Someone needs to boot his butt back to the hole he crawled out of.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 am

singlyme wrote:I DO hope they're not giving the brother much air time or input this time around.  He was obnoxious enough the last go-round. 

Brooks seemed to be taking an interest in what his mom was telling him.  He looked almost stunned by her advice.  And Drew's mom - the woman looks worn out.

Back to the brother.  Someone needs to boot his butt back to the hole he crawled out of.

That was Brooks' mom?! Wow.. I thought it was a sister. She looks great for her age. WOW! 
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

singlyme wrote:I DO hope they're not giving the brother much air time or input this time around.  He was obnoxious enough the last go-round. 

I agree, singly. They should have left him out of this season but we all know how they can't resist drama. The guy just acts like a ass and seems to revel in it. He said he wants to get in the guys heads...really? Why is that necessary? He hints that this will turn out like last time. What a cocky piece of garbage.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:36 am

rkc, it DOES seem to be less about Des' well-being and more about his selfish desire to somehow "best" or destroy her beau.  It disturbed me to hear the WAY he said that it wouldn't be any different this time.  Hopefully, TPTB are once more leading us down the garden path to Fantasy Land and none of this happens.  The only thing missing from that promo was a wicked cackle. mwah-hah-hah-hah.Evil or Very Mad

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 am

For the life of me, I can't believe TPTB allowed (encouraged?) Des' brother on to the program again. If I recall, we never did see her parents on screen in Sean's season. Hmmm.

Also, she is a grown woman apparently capable of making her own decisions. Why, other than for the purpose of drama, does her brother have to "screen" the bachelors and give his opinions. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:55 am

We did see Des' parents. They were all at a dinner at her house during the HTD. And we had flashes of each of her parents when they would give their personal comments from time to time. I think Des' brother appears to be a jerk, however, I don't believe is the biggest jerk that they are making him out to be. He and Des were the only two children and she has said what a tight knit family they were while being raised. I am very suspicious as to this entire brother scenerio. I think it's just an added dimension of drama for this show and Des probably had to go along with it when she decided to become the bachette. As far as screening the bachelors, that is what every family is doing on a hometown date. They are each pulled aside by a family member and get the once over.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:52 am

I bet it was a package deal and he is even part of the contract. May even be getting paid. MF loves that kind of drama. Did you notice the tattoos on his hands? He's a little rough around the edges compared to Des.
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 am

grace8136 wrote:I bet it was a package deal and he is even part of the contract. May even be getting paid. MF loves that kind of drama. Did you notice the tattoos on his hands? He's a little rough around the edges compared to Des.

I do think he is a little rough around the edges, and I think that MF is exploiting that to the max. After last season, I'm sure MF was thrilled to be able to have a confrontational family member. I'm also believe that Fleiss is most generous with the booze and actually encourages the brother to indulge.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Grace in answer to your question about why they didn't use the mansion for the  HTD RC they didn't use it in Emily's or Sean's either.  I don't think they rent or lease that mansion for anymore time than is needed to film the first 3 or so episodes before they start traveling.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 pm

I have wonder if Des brother thinks he is such a great judge of men cause how he has treated women?  How easy it was for him to judge Sean.  I am not sure he has a lot of respect for women nor does even care to know. Maybe that is why ge did not show any respect for Sean. You could tell he would say just about anything to a women to get what he wanted. ( note I did not say lady)Giggle .

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:34 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
grace8136 wrote:I bet it was a package deal and he is even part of the contract. May even be getting paid. MF loves that kind of drama. Did you notice the tattoos on his hands? He's a little rough around the edges compared to Des.

I do think he is a little rough around the edges, and I think that MF is exploiting that to the max.  After last season, I'm  sure MF was thrilled to be able to have a confrontational family member.  I'm also believe that Fleiss is most generous with the booze and actually encourages the brother to indulge. 

That's a good point about all the booze.  I've often wondered about all the drinking on these shows.  I personally would not want to indulge in so much drinking if I was trying to make a good impression - not to mention all the calories!

I wish Desiree would choose Zak, but I don't think it's going to happen.  While I wasn't so thrilled about him at first, he has turned out to be a pretty nice guy.  I think she's really hung up on Brooks.
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi BlueMoon - I really like Zak also but I don't think it looks good for him after the last episode and I'm not seeing anything of him the some of the reviews for after the HTDs.  She said she is in love with Brooks so that pretty much says it all right there for me.  He sure didn't seem to feel the same way this last episode but we'll see what happens at the HTD and how he acts after that.  I personally don't care for Brooks but I'm not the one choosing either.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 am

Good to see you here, BlueMoon.  The booze can be a serious problem for people on this show.  Sean said he had a good and friendly conversation with the brother earlier.  Later, he was confrontational.  Most likely, they plied him with liquor to loosen his tongue, then put ideas in his head and turned him loose.

If Brooks is swayed by family opinion and more time with Des, he may come around.  If he DOES propose, I have a difficult time in seeing a relationship last.  Who knows?  Stranger things have happened - particularly on this show!  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:25 am

Based on what we've been shown, I don't think Brooks will propose unless he is 100% convinced that he and Des will have a long relationship with marriage. We have no real idea of what influence his family may have on him or how they feel about this. TBD.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 am

Or the influence of TPTB.  This show leaves very little to believe in these days.

Perhaps they'll offer him money and modeling gigs to just ask her, then dump her later.  "Here's the script, pal.  And if you can work up some tears, you know, like you're overwhelmed with love, we'll throw in a a jet ski."

Can you spell s-k-e-p-t-i-c-a-l?  LOL

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:14 am

Singly -- I would hate to see your proposed scenario come to fruition. I would be really bummed to see Des get engaged and then get dumped if it is all "planned." She impresses me as far too nice a person to have that done to her if it is by machinations of TPTB. You are right, the show leaves very little to believe in anymore.... Sad.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum