Episode 7 - 7/8 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 7 - 7/8 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 am

I can see why Catherine would be uneasy to say to much about her and Sean with Des. She saw the show and saw how hard Des took not getting the rose and she did not want to hurt her. If it had be me I would not have felt comfortable saying to much. But that us just me. The one thing about Catherine she was always kind to everyone and did not want anyone to see her and did not want anyone see them kiss.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:18 am

sdreindeer wrote:First comment about tonight's show.  I thought Catherine's comment to Des about how things were going with Sean was interesting.  They both found their best friends  hmmm....no mention of any future plans.  I will be surprised if a wedding ever does happen.

Brooks date - I didn't see any chemistry.  Brooks seemed very unenthusiastic about Des or a relationship.

Michael - no chemistry and Des seemed liked she knew she would send him home and just wanted the date to be over.

Chris - loved their date and think their personalities blend better than any of the other guys.  Chris is the kind of guy who you could always trust and stand by his wife.  

Zak - with Zak she would have the most fun and interesting relationship.  I think Zak is the kind of guy who enjoys life and would treat his wife really special.

Drew - geez....enough with the crying.  I think Drew is very naive and acts like a high school kid.  I see him as being emotionally unstable, insecure and clingy.  I think, being his wife, he would bring you down.  He just always seems to be disturbed.  And we still really know NOTHING about Drew, all we ever hear about is his family and family situations, and they are always depressing.  I think Drew is in love with the "idea" of being in love.

Des' conversation with CH makes it clear  she has the most feelings for Brooks.  I just find that odd because I don't feel the love coming from him.

For me personally I'd like to combine Chris and Zak.....that would be the perfect man.  They are different, but both great guys.  

JMHO on all of this

I agree with everything you said, but I don't need to combine Zak with Chris. I think Chris is pretty perfect all on his own. I like Zak, but Chris is more my cup of tea.
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 am

Chris is my cup of tea also although I find Zak fun to watch Chris is the one I would want to bring home.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 am

Gin, I agree with your take on Catherine.
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:21 am

USN I also agree with Gin's take on Catherine.  But I sure would like to know what she asked Des about the guys that got bleeped out! Giggle 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:49 am

In answer to your question, SLA, I believe Catherine was asking who had the biggest "ahem."  LOL.

I agree with all of you about Brooks.  He has a pathetically "bland" attitude toward Des.  She confessed to "running" in their adjectives game.  Did he even GIVE an adjective?  I don't think he's risen from his chair.  He is NOT in love with her.  What's worse is that he doesn't even show a spark.  The others are anxious for her to meet their families.  He thinks it would be "nice."

I don't know how they could have edited her comments to CH.  Assuming it's true that she's fallen for him, Brooks' comments mean she'll have her heart crushed, stomped, shredded and blown apart. *sigh*  I truly hope she GETS it before the final rose and centers on Chris.

I'm afraid by choosing Drew over Zak on the 2/1, it means Zak's at the bottom of the pecking order.  Sad.  It took me a while to understand Drew but I think he's so reserved because he's had a great deal of family responsibility.  I won't fault him for that, but he certainly wouldn't be my choice.  He'd be too "internal" for me, unlike Chris and Zak - either of whom would be good choices.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 am

As I had feared, the meeting of Des with the three girls was just a filler and waste of time. What kind of judgments were they supposed to make when they were nowhere near the guys and did not meet them.
Why are TPTB doing this versus showing us more of how Des spent the time with her dates. Can you say "annoyed?" Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:05 am

Keep in mind that this was filmed not long after the finale of Sean's show.  I kept reminding myself of that when watching Catherine. Their relationship had just become public when this spot on Des' season was filmed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:24 am

Ughwhatname wrote:Keep in mind that this was filmed not long after the finale of Sean's show.  I kept reminding myself of that when watching Catherine. Their relationship had just become public when this spot on Des' season was filmed.

Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't even think about the timing of this.

SLA....Catherine was talking about male anatomy (which I thought was kinda weird)..and that's also why Des seemed a little embarrassed about it. You hit the nail on the head when you said Drew would be good in soap operas. LOL! 

For me, Chris or Zak would be a toss-up. I'm glad last night that we got to see more of Chris' personality. What really attracts me to Zak is his quirkiness. What I find interesting though is that most of us thought Zak was a real dork (the nudist) in the beginning and now most of us find him endearing. I didn't even like his looks at first, and now I think he is cute. At this point, it seems Des has the most connection with Chris or Zak, yet she says she is falling in love with Brooks?? Then she gives a rose to Drew?

Hometown dates should be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:27 am

newto the boards wrote:As I had feared, the meeting of Des with the three girls was just a filler and waste of time.  What kind of judgments were they supposed to make when they were nowhere near the guys and did not meet them.
Why are TPTB doing this versus showing us more of how Des spent the time with her dates.  Can you say "annoyed?"  Mad 

I agree...total waste of time. Like they had the segment between Sean and Arie.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:45 am

What is it they always say? You always want what you can't have? Some people like the chase. That's the impression I'm getting with her towards Brooks. A red flag to me is also when he said that he has taken home "many" women to meet his family. He seemed to be more into her in the beginning of the season but he seems to be backing off some and her radar should be picking that up.

Parts of the girls conversation by the pool was odd. The first thing that came out about Michael was that he was a prosecutor...not any special qualities about him. I thought...wow, is it all about how much money he makes? That was just the impression I got at the time. I was thinking she'd keep him around at that point but am glad she took the high road. I too thought that was weird about him calling his mother from the limo. And when she said to him, "Here WE go again"...yikes, is he that much of a mama's boy?

Back to the conversation at the pool...when the girls saw Drew they were basically drooling over his looks and when CH interviewed Des later the first thing out of her mouth was about how good looking he was. How shallow. You can have the best looking guy in the world but if his personality sucks then what good is he? I don't know what the conversations were like that were left lying on the editing room floor but the ones we see are full of woe is me. I just don't get a good sense of what Drew is about. After he told her that she is basically the best relationship that he has ever had you can't help but think he may not have such a great dating history. He just doesn't seem very manly to me.

I just think her best choices are still Zak and Chris. If she gives them up to go chase Brooks...wait a minute, it would have to be him chasing her because she is apparently already at the finish line and he is still jogging LMAO.

Laughing  
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 am

LOL!  On the bleeped out question, I was kind of thinking that's what it was and then I thought 'Oh no she wouldn't ask that on National TV' but I guess she would.  Thanks for chiming in on it Singly and rein you gave me a good laugh first thing this morning.  Yep that was another dumb segment just like the Sean/Arie one on his season. 

Seems like federal prosecutor was the only thing about Michael she was impressed with and they don't make anywhere near the money an attorney in the private sector with a good law firm makes.  But then on another board there were posters thinking he was so great because he was a federal prosecutor - WTH is wrong with people?  They can be as big of an A-hole as anyone else and he sure was in my book.

Rkc it does seem like Drew has nothing going for him other than his looks and that's why he seems to me cut out for maybe a soap opera on TV where he just has to recite his lines, kind of like he is doing here.  We still don't know squat about him and that is two weeks in a row now.  And you are right that is all Des really had to say about him in her talk to CH - how good looking he is.

She says Chris has all the qualities she's looking for yet she is in love with Brooks.  Again SMH.  Remind anyone else of Emily's season before the RC after the FD's and what she said about Sean and then went down and dumped him.  Singly I don't believe he did give an adjective he just repeated everyone that Des said and what a strange dinner conversation that was.  Brooks sounded like he mumbled half the time to me or maybe I need hearing aids.  Rkc you said that Brooks was jogging while Des was already at the finish line but I'm not sure he has gotten past the skipping yet.  He didn't come anywhere near even saying that he had strong feelings for her let alone coming close to saying he was falling in love with her.  I just don't see anything in Brooks that interests me at all - nothing, nada!

I think Chris and Zak are the best guys left, they both seem like sincere and caring men and they are both going to get hurt. Sad  

I think this is going to be another Emily and Jef fiasco and maybe she isn't in it to find her forever after.  Who knows why these people come on this show.  NYtoLA on the ABC board said that she had dated an actor prior to going on Sean's season so maybe she aspirations in that direction and why she is really doing this show IDK.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 am

Maybe It has been a while sence all the bell and sirens go off when I met a guy. I can say all those went off 10 minutes of meeting my husband. Sitting here watching the girls on the beach and in the water has me thinking of things I might think of. We all have certian things we want a man to have when looking for a life time mate. If she does  not keep her eyes open and her mind open she is going to really get hurt. I could be wrong but if she does not choose Chris or Zak then she needs to be ready to have her heart shattered.. If you really look at Brooks he is not ready to get married she needs to watch his eyes and and his actions. Drew has some issues to over come before he marries. He has hidden a lot of issues that needs to be addressed.  Yes he loves Des but he is not in love with her. JMHO

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 am

Gin I agree with you and unfortunately I think Chris and Zak are going to get hurt.  The things she said that was so appealing about Chris - Athletic, Manly and able to express his emotions are all absent in Brooks.  So she is heading straight for a bad ending in the long run but that seems to be what she wants.  She has three guys that have been expressive in relaying their feelings towards her and who does she say she has fallen in love with? the one that hasn't done that.  She certainly isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and she just confirmed it to me last night.  I agree with your assessment of Drew and feel Chris and Zak are both ready for a commitment whereas Brooks just doesn't seem interested in that or really in her from the edits we have been shown.  But there is no excitement in his eyes when he is with her and I don't think that is something they could mess with in editing.  The only excitement I've seen in his eyes is when he watching the fireworks and that was over the fireworks not over Des.  To me there conversations are shallow and forced.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:32 pm

SLAA, yes I agree with you. Chris and Zak will get hurt. Drew has me wondering if they are grooming him or Chris for the next guy. The more I see Des the more I wonder about her trying to find a mate.  I am wondering if she is trying to find what her mom and dad have?  I really wonder if she knows what she wants or if she is really not into these guys? Yep, the knives need sharping cause they can not cut anything.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Gin I have heard they are grooming Drew for the next bachelor but what a boring season that would be.  Chris and Zak are both great guys and where I would watch either one of them as bachelor I really hope they would stay clear of this franchise as soon as this season is over.  They are both too good for this nonsense.   As far as Des IDK what she is there for or after and I don't think she knows herself but it sure doesn't look like she is after what her parents have to me.  Suspect 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:30 pm

At this stage in the game, I can't see Des showing any interest in marriage. Yes, she says she wants what her mom and dad have, but her heart is just not into her words. If Brooks ends up being the F1, maybe that is why she chooses him.......because his words and actions clearly show he is not interested in marriage; something neither of them want. Maybe she just wants to be hang out with him for a while. I don't think she will choose Drew because he is a trainwreck and I think she feels sorry for him...that is why he got the rose. I also noticed when Drew was speaking to Des he was usually looking in another direction. I think Chris and Zak really want marriage so she won't pick them. Both of them will be hurt badly. Chris and Zak should stay away from the franchise after this but I sure would watch if either of them were the next bach.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Ugh, how I  have missed you.  How are you doing? I hope everything is great with you.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Lord help us, I do not think I can watch a whole season of Drew.  Bet he gets a new hair cut. i like the one he has, but heck all that slick back look hech that is what the guys wore  when I was in high school.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Gin I agree with you about Ugh and wish she would post more.  She needs to share some of her Violet stories with us at least!

I know I couldn't watch a whole season of Drew but hey maybe it would be better than a sleeping pill - who knows.  Sorry Ugh I know that you like him and maybe it is the editing that makes him seem like he is so blah but that is what I am seeing and RS referred to him as Vanilla and as bad as it is I have to agree with him on that one.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 pm

When these guys focus their eyes away from Des, I sometimes get the feeling they're looking at another camera - and wishing it would go away so they could speak freely.

I agree that Drew would be a BORING bachelor, but I have my own thoughts and scenario about him.  I visualize him being tied down thus far to family responsibility with the retarded sister and supporting his parents.  (My own fiction)  I imagine him reserved because it would be difficult to expose a potential mate to what he lives with.  ** Can you tell I like to write stories??**  LOL  He opened up after the race, the fun side and smile coming out - so he IS capable of cracking a smile!  Again, though, TOO serious to be the bach!

And rein, I agree about the first impression of Zak as a dorky nut job - but he turned it all around.  He seems a sweetie.  Not crazy about his looks, but it fails to matter now.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 pm

One thing I noticed last night was when Chris talked about Des and his feelings for her in his PI's his eyes showed it and sparkled.  When Brooks talked about her in his PI's there was not sparkle in his eyes.  I really think that Chris, Zak and Drews feelings for Des are real and Brooks just is not feeling it.  I really don't think editing can hide that completely IDK.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm

I think I know what was beeped out with thd girls. I do not think it was size, but does he get a hard##.  I think if it had been the other a lot more cutting of the tape.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:31 pm

I've just read all of today's posts. I think we need to remember that 99% of anything good or anything that reveals more about either Des or any of the bachelors is lying on the cutting room floor. What we are being shown is all purely "surface" conversation, etc. Who knows what is REALLY going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 pm

[quote="newto the boards"]I've just read all of today's posts.  I think we need to remember that 99% of anything good or anything that reveals more about either Des or any of the bachelors is lying on the cutting room floor.  What we are being shown is all purely "surface" conversation, etc.  Who knows what is REALLY going on?  [/quote

I agree to a certain point. But if Drew were the next Bach, I don't think we would see a confident, fun-loving type of personality. If Zak were the next Bach I think we would see a quirky, fun guy. With Chris, a confident more reserved but fun guy. A person cannot go on the show and take on a new personality....I think the personality is pretty much what we see. I think what we don't see is the true picture of what is happening between Des and the contestants and when drama happens in the house between the contestants, everything is blown out of proportion.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum