Franc&liz

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Franc&liz

Post by MPchimesin on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Why oh why .....Nina wanted a baby and Franco said he doesn't want children, but now he is pursuing Liz a single mother of three children........ WOW! Anyone have a clue?

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Franc&liz

Post by wizkids32 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Well he doesn't want to have a baby with Nina but he is OK with Liz's since they aren't his

wizkids32
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsDashDunning on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Franco did not want biological nor adopted kids yet he's fine with Liz having three!! This makes absolutely no sense and it's totally stupid. I still feel it's all about Jason for Franco. What better way to totally stick it to the man he loathes than by being in his sons life and eventually bedding Liz.

MrsDashDunning
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gh5fan on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:51 pm

I have been most vocal in the past against this pairing.  Today's scenes were sweet and touching.  Don't know why Franco

can handle Liz's boys and not a baby with Nina.

I just don't want to see these amazing actors in a story that could potentially make them into super couple status just

to have them turn out to be half way related somehow.  The possibility of a familial tie is the biggest yuck factor for me.

Otherwise, I am warming up to the pairing because of the talented performances.

gh5fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:07 pm

MrsDashDunning wrote:Franco did not want biological nor adopted kids yet he's fine with Liz having three!! This makes absolutely no sense and it's totally stupid. I still feel it's all about Jason for Franco. What better way to totally stick it to the man he loathes than by being in his sons life and eventually bedding Liz.
good point Mrs Dash, makes sense to me!  I'm still not totally convinced Franco is "ALL THERE" and nor did I swallow "the tumor made me do it", hook line and sinker...  but either way, I believe he definitely doesn't like Jason at all, especially Jason's reactions with him being in Jake's life or any way near him, for that matter!  And not thrilled with Jason wanting Liz to stay away from him also! 
Although I must admit that I was warming up to him when he was with Nina!  the way he took care of her and their chemistry and their antics, was fun too watch.  the SL's were well written and well acted! I wish the writers didn't go in this direction, putting these two together, and I don't think Liz and Franco are a good fit.  I'd be happy to see Nina and Franco reunite, and it almost looked as if that was going to happen when she came to the apartment, but they both held back.....

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm

GH Senior wrote:
MrsDashDunning wrote:Franco did not want biological nor adopted kids yet he's fine with Liz having three!! This makes absolutely no sense and it's totally stupid. I still feel it's all about Jason for Franco. What better way to totally stick it to the man he loathes than by being in his sons life and eventually bedding Liz.
good point Mrs Dash, makes sense to me!  I'm still not totally convinced Franco is "ALL THERE" and nor did I swallow "the tumor made me do it", hook line and sinker...  but either way, I believe he definitely doesn't like Jason at all, especially Jason's reactions with him being in Jake's life or any way near him, for that matter!  And not thrilled with Jason wanting Liz to stay away from him also! 
Although I must admit that I was warming up to him when he was with Nina!  the way he took care of her and their chemistry and their antics, was fun too watch.  the SL's were well written and well acted! I wish the writers didn't go in this direction, putting these two together, and I don't think Liz and Franco are a good fit.  I'd be happy to see Nina and Franco reunite, and it almost looked as if that was going to happen when she came to the apartment, but they both held back.....
And something else - I still want there to be ANOTHER child out there - who belongs to NINA!!!  Her baby taken away from her, probably by her mother, and would be super if it were Kiwi, thereby bringing Franco in the mix.  He's so close to Kiki, regarding her as his daughter even.  So why can't the writer's put this plan, SL, into play.......

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by tweens on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:18 pm

gh5fan wrote:I have been most vocal in the past against this pairing.  Today's scenes were sweet and touching.  Don't know why Franco

can handle Liz's boys and not a baby with Nina.

I just don't want to see these amazing actors in a story that could potentially make them into super couple status just

to have them turn out to be half way related somehow.  The possibility of a familial tie is the biggest yuck factor for me.

Otherwise, I am warming up to the pairing because of the talented performances.
Absolutely agree, gh5. Was not gung-ho for this pairing at all, except as friends. But today's performances by RH and RH are making me rethink this couple (although I'm as confused as everyone about the kid thing). Powerful, phenomenal acting from those two, yet so quietly understated. Those scenes and Michael Easton's were my favorites today. I really felt for Finn when he was talking to Hayden. So glad FV gave him another chance with this character. He's made Finn interesting and he conveys so much more emotion compared to his roles as McBain and Silas. Gotta disagree with the naysayers blasting GH for importing the OLTLers; they are a tremendous asset to the show IMO and today's performances proved it.
And a note to MP...I had to laugh at your topic heading. Don't know if you meant to do it but I read it as "FrankenLiz" (as in Frankenstein), lol! Just don't y'all come after me in the middle of the night carrying torches and pitchforks because yes, I kinda like these two together! Giggle

tweens

Back to top Go down

Post by ldeichmill on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:50 pm

tweens wrote:

Absolutely agree, gh5. Was not gung-ho for this pairing at all, except as friends. But today's performances by RH and RH are making me rethink this couple (although I'm as confused as everyone about the kid thing). Powerful, phenomenal acting from those two, yet so quietly understated. Those scenes and Michael Easton's were my favorites today. I really felt for Finn when he was talking to Hayden. So glad FV gave him another chance with this character. He's made Finn interesting and he conveys so much more emotion compared to his roles as McBain and Silas. Gotta disagree with the naysayers blasting GH for importing the OLTLers; they are a tremendous asset to the show IMO and today's performances proved it.
And a note to MP...I had to laugh at your topic heading. Don't know if you meant to do it but I read it as "FrankenLiz" (as in Frankenstein), lol! Just don't y'all come after me in the middle of the night carrying torches and pitchforks because yes, I kinda like these two together! Giggle
I'm in your camp, ~tweens.

I'm loving ME as Finn.  He owned the character day one.  Glad FV listened to the fans and gave us a great character, cuz ME is sure delivering top shelf performances as Finn.

I'm an OLTLer,,, so any actors that come GH's way,,, I'm always open for it.  I can't wait to see more of Bree Williamson as Claudette.  

I'm also an AMCer.  And I totally appreciated what JPS brought to the canvas as the notorious Valentin Cassadine.  Another top shelf performance from a crossover actor.

RH & RH ~ Friz   (lol)  these two nailed their scenes today. And ditto to what you said, it was powerful and phenomenal.  I'm jumping on the Friz bandwagon (I'm bucklin' up, cuz it's gonna be a BuMpY ride).  And two of my fave vet soap actors, I'm counting on being entertained.

ldeichmill
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm

I love both actors. Roger has turned the monster into a sweet shy puppy dog. I didn't find Franco and Carly believable because of his weirdness about Joss when she was a baby. I could believe Todd and Carly, but not Franco and Carly. I liked Franco with Nina when she was crazy. He protected and cared for her. But I like her better as a smart, beautifully dressed career gal. Ava had convinced Franco that he was KiKi's father and then he wasn't. But he had already invested emotions in KiKi. Maybe besides his unfortunate parentage that is why he is reluctant to have a child with Nina.
Rebecca (Becky) is more beautiful now than when she was with Lucky. She and Nik had smoking hot chemistry back in the day. Their timing was always wrong tho.  Rick was insane when Carly was pregnant and he was going to take her baby (Morgan) and give him to Liz. And didn't get better with age.
She and Jason were too much on again/off again over the years, so she never could completely get over him. And Jakeson was just a mistake. 
Franco (Roger) doesn't want to get hurt again. Liz (Becky) doesn't want to get hurt again. They need to go slow. (No one wants to see them naked together) But they could comfort each other thru their hurts. And Liz's 2 other boys need a father figure. Lucky abandoned Cam and Aiden. Jason abandoned Cam and Aiden. He is obsessively possessive of Jake. Franco mentions Liz's boys, not just Jake. And Liz always mentions all her boys.
If they don't rush things, they could have an interesting storyline. Liz is an artist too. They have things in common besides being the town outcasts and objects of Jason's disgust.
Just my humble and not always unbiased opinions.

431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsDashDunning on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Love all of you on here and I respect all opinions but I can't and never will be on the Friz love train. I have detested Liz since forever and no amount of anything will ever make me like her. Love Franco but even he is grating on my nerves. Loved he and Nina the other day visiting over peanut butter sandwiches. Will always love them no matter what.

MrsDashDunning
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ldeichmill on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:14 pm

MrsDashDunning wrote:Love all of you on here and I respect all opinions but I can't and never will be on the Friz love train. I have detested Liz since forever and no amount of anything will ever make me like her. Love Franco but even he is grating on my nerves. Loved he and Nina the other day visiting over peanut butter sandwiches. Will always love them no matter what.
Sorry Mrs D.  I feel ya tho'.
Like back when Nikolas (my fav) was with the embryo stealing Britch.  I never liked or accepted them as a couple and did a happy dance the day Nikolas threw her out!  
So hang in there,,, when (not IF) the Friz break up happens,  you can be doing your happy dance.

Pickle dance

ldeichmill
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsDashDunning on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:41 pm

ldeichmill wrote:
MrsDashDunning wrote:Love all of you on here and I respect all opinions but I can't and never will be on the Friz love train. I have detested Liz since forever and no amount of anything will ever make me like her. Love Franco but even he is grating on my nerves. Loved he and Nina the other day visiting over peanut butter sandwiches. Will always love them no matter what.
Like back when Nikolas (my fav) was with the embryo stealing Britch.  I never liked or accepted them as a couple and did a happy dance the day Nikolas threw her out!  
So hang in there,,, when (not IF) the Friz break up happens,  you can be doing your happy dance.

Pickle dance
I know Friz will fizzle eventually and maybe someday he and Nina will reconcile, I can dream right? Just out of curiosity Ide, whom did you really like Nik with?

MrsDashDunning
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 am

I love Roger & Becky......but I'm not a fan of the Liz & Franco coupling, as I said he didn't want children (which is what broke up he and Nina) but he can accept three of Liz's children?  I just don't get it Confused

Hi Mrs. D......if you don't mind, I'll give you my best paring for Nik, it was Emily.  I think that was the love of his life......jmho!

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbaPassion on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:25 am

What I don't get is why, as a rape victim herself and knowing what Franco has done in the past, why Elizabeth wants to explore a relationship with him.  I  didn't get Carly with Franco either.

Don't get me wrong, it's not about who I like as a character, its about a couple. I like Carly, Elizabeth no, and I didn't see either of them with Franco who I think is a fun character eventhough he hurt and did horrible things to lots of characters that I like, including my favorite couple.

RumbaPassion
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:51 pm

MPchimesin wrote:I love Roger & Becky......but I'm not a fan of the Liz & Franco coupling, as I said he didn't want children (which is what broke up he and Nina) but he can accept three of Liz's children?  I just don't get it Confused

Hi Mrs. D......if you don't mind, I'll give you my best paring for Nik, it was Emily.  I think that was the love of his life......jmho!

I'm not so certain about their coupling either but i'm hoping it gets better because right now it feels so awkward.  But i DO get why Franco doesnt want to make kids of his own considering his DNA has Heather in it and his past prior to the tumor was dispicable.  And it makes sense that he can accept Liz's kids since he really likes children given his affection for Jake and Kiki ♥

moon0627

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:19 pm

I am not suggesting that Franco and Liz be sexual partners.
We know how that always turns out. But they could have a friendship. Why does everyone have to get naked? Writers have many options with these characters.
I know I'm old. And things have changed since I was a young girl of 65. But, there is more to life than 'doing married things before the wedding.' 
Example: I'm so disappointed in Laura and Kevin. That could have been a romance that took a long time to develop.

My dream couple would be Laura and Scorpio. Giggle

431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ldeichmill on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:05 pm

MrsDashDunning wrote:
ldeichmill wrote:

Pickle dance
I know Friz will fizzle eventually and maybe someday he and Nina will reconcile, I can dream right? Just out of curiosity Ide, whom did you really like Nik with?

ldeichmill
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:23 am

moon0627 wrote:
MPchimesin wrote:I love Roger & Becky......but I'm not a fan of the Liz & Franco coupling, as I said he didn't want children (which is what broke up he and Nina) but he can accept three of Liz's children?  I just don't get it Confused

I'm not so certain about their coupling either but i'm hoping it gets better because right now it feels so awkward.  But i DO get why Franco doesnt want to make kids of his own considering his DNA has Heather in it and his past prior to the tumor was dispicable.  And it makes sense that he can accept Liz's kids since he really likes children given his affection for Jake and Kiki ♥
But that's just it they can't have a biological child Nina went through early menopause and is not able to have a child.  She suggested adopting (at any cost) a surrogate or whatever they had to do to have a child and he refused.  He told her he didn't want children.

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gh5fan on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Commenting on the Emily/Nik coupling.....my second favorite GH couple after Luke and Laura.....and L and L time is done and over.

I wish wish wish that Em is somewhere in the Cassadine freezer waiting to be unfrozen like Jason...just saying!!!!!

gh5fan

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 pm

gh5fan wrote:Commenting on the Emily/Nik coupling.....my second favorite GH couple after Luke and Laura.....and L and L time is done and over.

I wish wish wish that Em is somewhere in the Cassadine freezer waiting to be unfrozen like Jason...just saying!!!!!

they were so loving and sweet together,,,
Nik was never truly the same after losing Em ~ I think something inside of him died, too. 
♥♥

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Just a side note: I really like Roger/Franco's shirt. The women's wardrobe always gets noticed, and the bare chests on guys. But when a character dresses nicely, it's ok to comment, I think.  Now if we could just get him a shave and haircut, he would perfect. (For me)

431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:07 pm

relationship sabotage 101.
Duh  geez Franco...
calm down. give it a rest.

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:23 pm

FLPeaches wrote:relationship sabotage 101.
Duh  geez Franco...
calm down. give it a rest.

Giggle You think he wants her or what Laughing In that get up good luck perhaps you should have dressed up like in a hot outfit instead of a clown????????

MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FLPeaches on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:33 pm

I loved how Kiki tried her best to help. but he was acting so junior-high insecure.
and what nerve, throwing the Morgan/Dillon situation back in her face... 

I usually really like Franco, but grrrrrr....
he was super annoying today.   Mad!

FLPeaches
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:51 pm

Poor Franco-Mime

I luv Roger

431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next