Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 6 - 7/1 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head rein about Drew maybe not having too much to talk about.  What a huge disappointment he was last night.  Here I thought we would finally learn something about him and instead a big zilch! 

I like everyone's Avi's also.

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Drew "dragging" Des down to the alley and then pinning her against the wall reminded me of Emily and Arie. He could have kissed her like that anywhere. It was mind-bending in a bad way. And JMHO but what do we really know about any of the guys who are left? Really nothing.

Enjoying the 4th of July avatars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 pm

newto the boards wrote:Drew "dragging" Des down to the alley and then pinning her against the wall reminded me of Emily and Arie.  He could have kissed her like that anywhere.  It was mind-bending in a bad way.  And JMHO but what do we really know about any of the guys who are left?  Really nothing.

Enjoying the 4th of July avatars.

Yep, and should be about this time they are going to start declaring their love for each other. LOL! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:14 pm

sdreindeer wrote:

Yep, and should be about this time they are going to start declaring their love for each other.  LOL! 

Perhaps I am hallucinating, but didn't Drew say something like that to Des last night? The episode was so forgettable, I'm probably incorrect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 pm

newto the boards wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

Yep, and should be about this time they are going to start declaring their love for each other.  LOL! 

Perhaps I am hallucinating, but didn't Drew say something like that to Des last night?  The episode was so forgettable, I'm probably incorrect.  

I think we saw him saying it in a preview. Then again, I was having a hard time paying attention😕 

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:36 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
newto the boards wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

Perhaps I am hallucinating, but didn't Drew say something like that to Des last night?  The episode was so forgettable, I'm probably incorrect.  

I think we saw him saying it in a preview.  Then again, I was having a hard time paying attention😕 

You weren't the only one having a hard time paying attention rein!

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Drew gave me the impresson playing the poor me card.  Thinking he over came all this bad stuff to become a great guy. I think Chris is the best oneJMHO. I had thought MF would have gone out of way to find some great guys. Well I can say no he did not.  You would think after Sean season he might have learned something. Then again I guess not. I am not impressed by this season. If it gets cancled he only has himself to blame.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 pm

gin1972 wrote:Drew gave me the impresson playing the poor me card.  Thinking he over came all this bad stuff to become a great guy. I think Chris is the best oneJMHO. I had thought MF would have gone out of way to find some great guys. Well I can say no he did not.  You would think after Sean season he might have learned something. Then again I guess not. I am not impressed by this season. If it gets cancled he only has himself to blame.

I agree with you but would add Zak as a close second to Chris. He seems like a genuine and caring man with a great personality.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:03 am

Yes I agree with you on Zak he seems very nice humble and a gentleman.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:21 am

I have to agree with all of you about Chris and Zak.  They are my two favs also.

As far as Drew dragging her down the alley, it was disturbing.  Then, I thought he wanted to get away from the cameras and into a place they couldn't film well.  Whatever; she seemed impressed by his kissing.  *meh*

Unless we're going with "mob mentality," the guys must have really been disturbed by Ben and James.  I'd like to believe Chris and Zak had no part in the rabble-rousing, but we can't REALLY know if their parts in the drama were nonexistent or cut.  And if the guys had let the two bad guys slide into the last few, we'd be complaining about dishonest and devious men making it to the end - ala Courtney.  Can you picture Ben and James rather than Chris and Zak as our choices?

And rein, I'll disagree with ONE thing.  There can be NO season as bad as Ben's.  The stench is still rising over ABC on that one!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 am

Singly you cracked me up with the stench is still rising over ABC but I agree with rein that this season is giving Ben's a good run for it's money as the worst season ever.  I think they may end up in a tie.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 am

SLA44 wrote:Singly you cracked me up with the stench is still rising over ABC but I agree with rein that this season is giving Ben's a good run for it's money as the worst season ever.  I think they may end up in a tie.

I'd say they're running neck and neck right now....but we still have a few weeks left of this one, so we'll see. I just know that I was actually able to watch Ben's season and I've been having a hard time giving my full attention to this season.Help 

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:14 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Singly you cracked me up with the stench is still rising over ABC but I agree with rein that this season is giving Ben's a good run for it's money as the worst season ever.  I think they may end up in a tie.

I'd say they're running neck and neck right now....but we still have a few weeks left of this one, so we'll see.  I just know that I was actually able to watch Ben's season and I've been having a hard time giving my full attention to this season.Help 

Rein I agree with you - this season has been extremely hard to keep one's full attention on.  Biggest disappointment ever for me and I don't even know if I can make it to the end. The only way I would even consider watching another season of this franchise is if Chris or Zak were the bachelor and for some reason I don't see that happening - I would hope they would both turn it down if offered to them just like Chris Lambton did. No 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm kinda getting a gut feeling that Drew may be the next Bachelor. I don't think he would be able to carry a season at all as TB. However, whether he could or not, there is no way I would be even interested in watching it. He's got no spark or personality. I cringe listening to him now. I don't understand people wanting him as TB just because he's cute.Confused 

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:50 pm

I think you may be right rein and I have no desire to watch him either.  The only thing I can think of why they want to see him as bachelor is because they think he is cute but he looks way too much like Jake P. to me plus he really lacked as you said spark and personality.  He showed neither on Monday nights episode IMO.  Yuck 

So far the one with the best personality in this season has been Zak but that is because we don't really get to see the rest of their true personalities thanks to the splicing and dicing editing that is done.  I imagine there are some good personalities and blah personalities laying on the editor's floors.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 pm

SLA44 wrote:I think you may be right rein and I have no desire to watch him either.  The only thing I can think of why they want to see him as bachelor is because they think he is cute but he looks way too much like Jake P. to me plus he really lacked as you said spark and personality.  He showed neither on Monday nights episode IMO.  Yuck 

So far the one with the best personality in this season has been Zak but that is because we don't really get to see the rest of their true personalities thanks to the splicing and dicing editing that is done.  I imagine there are some good personalities and blah personalities laying on the editor's floors.

I agree. I really didn't think I cared for Juan Pablo, yet when he was leaving he seemed to be a really nice guy and he did not get caught up in the drama. Too bad they never gave him much air time so we could see what kind of a guy he really is. And yes, Drew certainly looks like a young Jake. Even though Jake was a slimeball, he at least could carry the lead and the season was interesting. Even with all the unhappiness in the house over Vienna, the girls were not half as bad as these guys this season. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:30 am

Rein - re: your assessment of Jake that he could carry the lead, I still think he dragged it rather than carried it. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:58 am

newto the boards wrote:Rein - re: your assessment of Jake that he could carry the lead, I still think he dragged it rather than carried it.  JMHO.

newto--he may have....I really don't remember that well. I just know that his season I was able to watch and pay attention. I cou ld turn this season off right now and not really care. The only reason I'm watching now is because there is nothing else on. Last monday I actually had to mute it because I could not stand all the cat fighting.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:30 am

Thumbs up! rein I agree with you about this season and feel it's the worst so far with all the man cat fighting.  There has been more bleeping of words this season than I remember happening in any other season and Des' has surpassed Emily in that category which shows that she lacks class.  Also the way she is making out with all the guys shows a lack of class also IMO.  I thought Ben's season was awful but Des' season is neck in neck with Ben's to win the worse season in Bachelor franchise history.  The only reason I am going to watch Monday night is because I want to see the Portugal Island of Madeira it sure won't be to watch more drama or bleeping out of words or Des exchanging spit with all five gives left.  Yuck 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Earlier in the season no one was jumping out at me as...anything. Now that we are getting closer to the end I see a side of Chris that seems well suited with Des. Zak has been growing on me. I didn't like how they portrayed him in the beginning...walking around naked everywhere and then showing up the first night with no shirt whether it was a joke about Sean or not. I don't know what anyone was trying to prove by that display. I am seeing a good sense of humor now and a love of adventure. Those things seem to be making him click with Des. As much as I didn't think it was necessary to bring in the nude model I was cracking up over the look on his face. And when he turned that picture around that he drew of Des I thought that was a funny moment between them.

I didn't get anything out of her date with Drew. He has been reminding me of AshLee where every time they show him with her he is relating his sob story. And I don't get why he dragged her out in an alley like that to kiss her when he knew the camera's would be hot on their tail. I think maybe he watched Arie and Sean do it with Emily and thought it would be a good idea.

I don't get the whole Michael thing either but I think maybe TPTB aren't done with him and are encouraging her to keep him. That's the only reason I can think of that he's still there. We'll see what happens when she finally has a one on one date with him.

I think she feels like she has some sort of connection with Brooks but I don't see it as much as I see it with Jake and Chris. I don't really think he is all that attractive.

I agree with everyone that this whole episode was annoying with the  James drama. First let me say though that I find it humorous that big beefy guys like James and even Mikey think that because they work out all the time and flex their muscles that it makes them so great. With that being said I'd like to note that I've seen better goal tending skills when my son played soccer at 5 yrs. old. What was up with that? He was acting like a sissy. Afraid of the ball. Back to the drama...I was getting whiplash from all the back and forth lies James was telling depending on who he was talking to. First he told the guys on the group date that he never said it. He claimed that Mikey said it (way to throw someone else under the bus). Then he tells Des he said something similar but that it was taken out of context. Then he tells Drew that he said it and there is nothing wrong with saying what he said. He then goes back for Des part II and tries to back peddle again. We may not be privy to whole conversations on this show but when he went back and told the rest of the guys that he explained it to Des in the bad way that she understood. From what we DID hear he in no way explained it the way he explained it to Drew and I can pretty much guarantee Des would not have been understanding to that explanation. James should become a grave digger because he's pretty damn good at it. I knew it was a bad idea for Des to keep him after he disclosed that he cheated on his girlfriend of 5 1/2 years...once a cheater always a cheater...but if Des had kept this shmuck after this week then that would definately make her dumber than Ben ever could be.

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm

LOL! rkc with the grave digger comment - that pretty much summed it up!  As far as the goal tending skills that was really bad acting on James part - for crying out he played football in school so how could he be afraid of a little old soccer ball.  I thought that was so poorly scripted that it wasn't even close to funny.  Just another attempt to make these guys look like jerks; however, it wouldn't take much effort if they are anything like they are being portrayed to us.  All this splicing and dicing editing has really destroyed this show and it seems to get worse each season.  Yuck 
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm

A hearty "AMEN" to all these comments. Very well summed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I actually thought that James' poor goalie skills had to be a put on but you can act like you are making an effort without just standing there and still miss it on purpose if TPTB wanted it to look that way. He just ended up looking like a dork. I'm glad he's gone regardless. There was something about him that creeped me out....and I can't stand cheaters.
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:23 pm

I agree on James and he and Brian belonged together they even reminded me of each other.   Like I said I didn't think James did a very good job of acting as a goalie and you are right he did come off looking like a dork - but then?  Just saying......
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum