The Lovely Ladies of DWTS & SCD, Present and Past

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lovely Ladies of DWTS & SCD, Present and Past - Page 17 Empty Re: The Lovely Ladies of DWTS & SCD, Present and Past

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:23 am

Looking at the latest pictures, Peta might actually be glad when he decides to pop out. Quite a burden even for her trained body.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Lovely Ladies of DWTS & SCD, Present and Past - Page 17 Empty Re: The Lovely Ladies of DWTS & SCD, Present and Past

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:55 am

DeadManDancing wrote:Looking at the latest pictures, Peta might actually be glad when he decides to pop out. Quite a burden even for her trained body.
It should be imminent, baby has dropped, getting ready to greet the world. There was all kinds of speculation on my FB club pages for the last two days because P & M had gone silent on sm. But Maks was out with the boys last night so no babykins yet.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:33 pm

I haven't seen anything from Sweet P since her Baby shower.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:35 pm

kincaid53 wrote:I haven't seen anything from Sweet P since her Baby shower.
True, but maybe it's time for a little more privacy. I would totally understand that.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Beautiful flexibility. Amazing Nastia Liukin.The Lovely Ladies of DWTS & SCD, Present and Past - Page 17 Img_0435
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Yes sis, I would totally understand that too about Sweet P!

WoW gorgeous picture of Anastasia!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Kin, stop calling me sis, please. That's annoying. Laughing

Now seriously, Nastia should have been in the finals rather than the wacky Ryker. How could Derek win with Amber, but get eliminated with Nastia? (Rhethorical question).
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

What are you kidding?  Nobody liked Nastia including me.  I couldn't stand her.  Ryker is one of the few people I voted for on this show.  I don't even like looking at pictures of Nastia.  I'm talking personalities here.  She may have danced well but the personality didn't match. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Ryker had the charisma.  Nastia had no charisma.  You know good dancing doesn't get you far on this show if you're not liked. 

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:What are you kidding?  Nobody liked Nastia including me.  I couldn't stand her.  Ryker is one of the few people I voted for on this show.  I don't even like looking at pictures of Nastia.  I'm talking personalities here.  She may have danced well but the personality didn't match. 
Thank you Glitters; exactly my point. This show is way too much about personality sometimes. I'm just trying to readjust myself and focus on the dancing. Weird approach, I know.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:28 pm

I  think Nastia was the victim of horrible edits. The show seemed determined to present her in the most unflattering and critical manner. As I remember Derek got quite upset about the hatchet jobs done on her more than once. A good example of how we, the viewers, get led down the garden path in the direction the producers want us to go. 

Nastia was a lovely dancer and I think if she could have spent the whole season with one pro instead of three different ones and if the producers had given her a break she would have been in the final.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Lesallee wrote:I  think Nastia was the victim of horrible edits. The show seemed determined to present her in the most unflattering and critical manner. As I remember Derek got quite upset about the hatchet jobs done on her more than once. A good example of how we, the viewers, get led down the garden path in the direction the producers want us to go. 

Nastia was a lovely dancer and I think if she could have spent the whole season with one pro instead of three different ones and if the producers had given her a break she would have been in the final.

I agree with you sis (this is you right sis Giggle )  I thought the same thing.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:17 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Kin, stop calling me sis, please. That's annoying. Laughing

Now seriously, Nastia should have been in the finals rather than the wacky Ryker. How could Derek win with Amber, but get eliminated with Nastia? (Rhethorical question).

So sorry brother, I was making a rum cake today and maybe went a little overboard on the rum Dizzy plus you changed avatar, you know how easily I get confused Rolling Eyes

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:31 pm

I don't know.  Other people have gotten bad edits like Tamar and I liked her better.  My feeling is so strong against Nastia, I just don't know if I can chalk it up to editing.  I mean at some point, their personality has to come through.  Why would they want to present her in a bad light anyway?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Why is a good question, but I doubt we will ever know why they choose to put in a package what they do. Confused

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:15 pm

I remember Marilu saying to Derek maybe we don't have enough drama, then (as Derek called it) pushgate happened........brings to mind be careful what you wish for!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 pm

What's pushgate?  I thought Marilu got as far as she should have. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:37 pm

In the Team dance when she fell , she said it felt like she got pushed. (by Derek).   In Dereks blog he said he has never had any negative things like that about him on this show  until what he called 'pushgate'. He went on to say he and Marilu talked it out. 

Val said no one got pushed,  I doubt it either.....Derek was suppose to guide her away from him, but to me he was not near her when she fell, I think.  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:40 pm

In their package for the next week it showed at the end of the team dance Derek asking her what happened and she said "I felt I got pushed" to Derek and Val heard it.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:12 pm

I was watching the dance again and after Derek sort of pushed her, as it was part of the dance, she could have tripped on her own.  It's kind of hard to tell how much of it was him pushing her and the shoes she was wearing might have added to it.  Maybe it was a combination.  There is a cut between him pushing her and her falling.  Even if Derek had pushed her, I'm sure it wasn't deliberate and was an accident. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:10 am

I watched it again and agree with your post.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:07 am

kincaid53 wrote:
kincaid53

So sorry brother, I was making a rum cake today and maybe went a little overboard on the rum Dizzy plus you changed avatar, you know how easily I get confused Rolling Eyes
It's all good, sis. Just leave the rum cake up to Babs next time. Drunk Frank the pug has served me well for quite a while now, but I've always been looking for an avatar really representing my user name. Team StopAndGo never fails to deliver.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:00 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't know.  Other people have gotten bad edits like Tamar and I liked her better.  My feeling is so strong against Nastia, I just don't know if I can chalk it up to editing.  I mean at some point, their personality has to come through.  Why would they want to present her in a bad light anyway?
I think you and my sisters pretty much figured out what I was trying to say. The way Nastia was presented didn't do her justice. (Seems the discussion got lively only after I went to bed- not sure what to make of that). Let me also clarify I have nothing against Ryker. He just wasn't my favorite; plus I thought he was slightly overscored a couple of times. But I admit he was fun to watch. However, Season 20 was a spring season with only three spots in the finals; so someone's head had to come off. Ok- mathematically someone has to leave anywayat the end of the semi-finals, but way too often it is someone who would have deserved to advance. We tend to overlook it as long as our personal favorite isn't affected, but it has been happening too often to consider it coincidence.
Nastia, together with Shawn, supported Laurie. That is not the girl we saw on Season 20.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 am

I'm not saying Nastia is a bad person.  I just don't think she comes across as very likable for whatever reason.  There are people I don't like on TV, but it doesn't mean they are bad people in person.  When you're judging someone on TV, it's very superficial.  They can just strike a chord in you whether it's bad or good. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:43 pm

That's ok. It is a popularity contest as much as a dance competition. What other reason to vote for someone than sympathy? It just should be based on what they bring to the floor; not the type of manipulative packages DWTS is notorious for.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top