Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:31 am

They didn't know what glib meant last week.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by skt8word on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:10 am

Yes, the vocabulary knowledge of some of the cast members is astounding. Silent

Josh was in the reality TV show Famously Single.  I don't know when they filmed it, but that season ended a few weeks ago.  A couple of traits stand out about Josh from the show:
1.  The group and the counselor said Josh has high standards in terms of a date's looks; that tended to be more important to him than getting to know the girl.  (Amanda is pretty.)  I don't know if the counselor's exercises changed or affected him at all in that regard.
2.  One lady in the group said Josh puts out a "perfect" persona (that is, as opposed to being real).  



Quote:  [WTH was the deal with Daniel - and Vinny's navel? ]

That was disgusting.  He doesn't know everything that's in there. Afraid

Ashley is like Evan in that if they perceive any glimmer of hope, they will hang on until the bitter end.  I wish they could realize "he/she's not that into you" and move on.  I'm not looking forward to her crying.

Caila must have been at the top of Jared's list.  On afterbuzz, it was said the contestants write down a few people they would like to see in Paradise.

skt8word

Posts : 79
Likes : 10
Join date : 2015-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:48 am

If Josh is putting out a perfect persona, he is an artist at it.  Ashley will find Wells and hopefully she will cry less.  Caila just puts me off.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Lesallee on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:43 am

Somebody help me! Why did people go into Evan's room and try to wake him, then call in the medical team? I must have missed something and I admit to not watching every golden moment with undivided attention, but what prompted all that pseudo drama? 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2389
Likes : 849
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Lesallee on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:51 am

I found it interesting that Nick, speaking of Andi's book admitted many of the things she wrote about him were true. Conversely Josh denies everything and calls it all lies and "fiction". I think he protests too much, has to be some truths in that book. 


I didn't watch Andi's season as I truly didn't care for her so all I know of Josh is what I am seeing here on BIP. He really isn't impressing me much. 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2389
Likes : 849
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by beardiedawg on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:03 am

Lesallee wrote:Somebody help me! Why did people go into Evan's room and try to wake him, then call in the medical team? I must have missed something and I admit to not watching every golden moment with undivided attention, but what prompted all that pseudo drama? 
I thought I heard that they had received a phone call that he needed help.  It made me think that Evan made the call himself and then faked the episode so that Carley would be drawn back to him.

beardiedawg

Posts : 112
Likes : 37
Join date : 2015-07-27
Location : DFW Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 am

They said Evan was being unresponsive, like not waking up?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:20 am

Evan said that Andi said that Josh was verbally abusive.  We don't know the full details.  A lot of people are verbally abusive, especially if they are angered.  Is Josh supposed to be perfect?  If Amanda wants to know more, she should get the book.  There may be truth to what Evan is saying, but he doesn't know anything but what is in the book.  How does he or we know how true the book is?  Evan doesn't really know Josh.  If he knew Josh, the warnings would have more credence. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:24 am

I thought Nick said he wasn't in the book.  That can't be right.  I'll have to listen to that conversation again.  We don't know what Andi wrote about Nick in the book.  Maybe it wasn't that bad.  It would sort of make sense that Josh would deny more since he had more of a relationship with Andi and she probably has more ammunition on him, but I'm sure Andi has her faults too, especially since so many people didn't seem to care for her. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:30 pm

Lesallee wrote:I found it interesting that Nick, speaking of Andi's book admitted many of the things she wrote about him were true.
Nick must have spoke about this at another time and not last night?  I watched a short clip of last night's conversation with Nick and Amanda and he didn't say anything about him being in Andi's book. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by therealdfshary on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:02 pm

I saw an excerpt from her book and she does speak about Nick in the Fantsay Suite. Not very flattering either.

therealdfshary
Power User

Posts : 9698
Likes : 307
Join date : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:15 pm

I figured she would speak about him but I don't think he mentioned anything last night about himself in the book.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Dazz on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Moonbat wrote:WTH was the deal with Daniel - and Vinny's navel?    Eek!

Ummm yeah,  that was weird.  By the look on Vinny's face, he wasn't so thrilled either.

Dazz

Posts : 170
Likes : 70
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Dazz on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
Lesallee wrote:I found it interesting that Nick, speaking of Andi's book admitted many of the things she wrote about him were true.
Nick must have spoke about this at another time and not last night?  I watched a short clip of last night's conversation with Nick and Amanda and he didn't say anything about him being in Andi's book. 
I want to say it was in the first episode where Nick said he was in Andi's book and not everything was true...  He then went on to say since he knows not everything was true about him, than the accusations about Josh were probably not all true either.

I hated that Evan asked about that dumb book - he looked like a little turd last night.  Josh did not need to justify anything to Evan.  I'm not sure what Evan is trying do do, but he comes off and desperate and immature.  Please Carly, stop leading him on.

Dazz

Posts : 170
Likes : 70
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Thank you for your input on this.  The thing between Evan and Josh may be scripted.  Josh doesn't need to justify himself to Evan and Evan doesn't even know him.  He just knows what's in the book.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by thisoldmule on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Dazz wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:
Lesallee wrote:I found it interesting that Nick, speaking of Andi's book admitted many of the things she wrote about him were true.
Nick must have spoke about this at another time and not last night?  I watched a short clip of last night's conversation with Nick and Amanda and he didn't say anything about him being in Andi's book. 
I want to say it was in the first episode where Nick said he was in Andi's book and not everything was true...  He then went on to say since he knows not everything was true about him, than the accusations about Josh were probably not all true either.

I hated that Evan asked about that dumb book - he looked like a little turd last night.  Josh did not need to justify anything to Evan.  I'm not sure what Evan is trying do do, but he comes off and desperate and immature.  Please Carly, stop leading him on.
It seems we don't all hear the same thing.  What I thought Nick said about the book was that what Andi said about him was mostly true, so if she wrote true things about him then he was assuming what she wrote about Josh must be true also.  Josh said she was untruthful about him, although some of the things did happen.  So it sounds like maybe the situation happened but he doesn't agree with how she perceived it.  After listening to Josh the way he talks fast and doesn't give anyone else a chance to say anything, and just the way he says it, I can see how he could make someone think what they had to say didn't matter.  He seems very aggressive and domineering.  I hate the way he moans when he is kissing or eating pizza.  The editing is making him look like a real putz.  The sweating must be very annoying too.
When Evan was talking to Josh, Evan seemed like a counselor listening to a patient.  I think Evan's assessment of Josh may be right on.

thisoldmule

Posts : 78
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Lesallee on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:56 pm

thisoldmule wrote:
Dazz wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:
Lesallee wrote:I found it interesting that Nick, speaking of Andi's book admitted many of the things she wrote about him were true.
Nick must have spoke about this at another time and not last night?  I watched a short clip of last night's conversation with Nick and Amanda and he didn't say anything about him being in Andi's book. 
I want to say it was in the first episode where Nick said he was in Andi's book and not everything was true...  He then went on to say since he knows not everything was true about him, than the accusations about Josh were probably not all true either.

I hated that Evan asked about that dumb book - he looked like a little turd last night.  Josh did not need to justify anything to Evan.  I'm not sure what Evan is trying do do, but he comes off and desperate and immature.  Please Carly, stop leading him on.
It seems we don't all hear the same thing.  What I thought Nick said about the book was that what Andi said about him was mostly true, so if she wrote true things about him then he was assuming what she wrote about Josh must be true also.  Josh said she was untruthful about him, although some of the things did happen.  So it sounds like maybe the situation happened but he doesn't agree with how she perceived it.  After listening to Josh the way he talks fast and doesn't give anyone else a chance to say anything, and just the way he says it, I can see how he could make someone think what they had to say didn't matter.  He seems very aggressive and domineering.  I hate the way he moans when he is kissing or eating pizza.  The editing is making him look like a real putz.  The sweating must be very annoying too.
When Evan was talking to Josh, Evan seemed like a counselor listening to a patient.  I think Evan's assessment of Josh may be right on.
I heard what you did. And checking it out today confirms that Nick did indeed say those things.


Re: Josh moaning, I think that is dubbed in by our friendly, manipulative editing department. 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2389
Likes : 849
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Nick also said last night that he didn't read Andi's book, but he must have read what she wrote about him.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by rkc1960 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:03 pm

I liked Josh on Andi's season but they are making him look like an idiot on BIP. The moaning thing, the pizza eating, the profuse sweating, etc. He really wasn't being mean to Evan at all, just letting him know he felt disrespected. Now Nick on the other hand, I think he got mouthy with him because of the past animosity they had for each other.  I don't know what was said in Andi's book about him because I didn't read it, but there has to be some truth. I found it interesting that he got really quiet when Evan said if it wasn't true then why not sue her? If someone wrote a book and said all untruths about me I would certainly sue.



As to Caila, She is attractive but I remember that she always had that seemingly plastered smile on her face during Ben's season...until she got dumped of course. Always happy and giggly which definitely made her seem fake. I do remember however during her hometown date that during a conversation with her mother, her mother said something about Caila that made her sound like she wants perfection in everything and that she feels a bit entitled.


What's interesting though is that the twin was putting Caila down for some of the same things that could have been said about her. And when she said that part about Caila not being as pretty as her, that really turned me off. I hate hearing people talk about themselves so highly as they are putting others down. And then when she was talking about how guys don't break up with her....she breaks up with them...seriously? I have no respect for people like that.


That medical emergency with Evan was weird. Was that just a scripted thing so they could bring Carly back in and say that sometimes she likes him and sometimes she doesn't and then proceed to make out with him? A total flip from the last episode? There is something about Evan that just creeps me out. I could take about 5 minutes of him and that would be it. I think they're both weird so maybe they belong together.



Not looking forward to the appearance of Ashley the crybaby. Ugh. I can't stand her blubbering.



 

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 990
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by skt8word on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Bachelor in Paradise's Week 2, Night 1, is up on the abc website for anyone to see.  Nick talks about the book there.

Some of the things that Nick said in that episode/video (around 1:03:40):
      Josh and I are in the book, me a little bit, mostly about Josh. ... I know at least some things written about me aren't fictional.  There's at least some accuracy to them, so it's hard to imagine that's not the case for Josh. I think Josh is a little more bent out of shape about it. ...



I was curious as to whether Andi would delete old but positive tweets about Josh (there are still several of them), and I came across this one: 

Andi Dorfman ‏@AndiDorfman - 18 Sep 2014
Hahaha my fiance has no filter... And I kind of love it @jmurbulldog



It's interesting to me that Josh has no filter with a fiancee, while on another reality TV show, another cast member observed that he puts forth a perfect persona.  Could it be that he's very different with a fiancee than he is with everybody else? Wink

I believe at least some of what Andi wrote in her book is true.  Some of it may not be "correct," or else it's based on her perception.

skt8word

Posts : 79
Likes : 10
Join date : 2015-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:34 pm

In last night's clip when Nick was speaking to Amanda, he said, "I didn't read the book.  I have a general idea of what it says about Josh.  I hope Andi didn't make all that up, because what she said was some pretty nasty stuff. ... I hope to God it's completely false and completely fictional.  I don't know if he's a good guy or bad guy.  I don't know if what was written was true or false ..."

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by thisoldmule on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Re: Josh moaning, I think that is dubbed in by our friendly, manipulative editing department. 


It could be dubbed in, just like the buzzing flies over passed out Chad when he supposedly pooped his pants.  Not one thing has been said about that so we don't know if that was true or not.  It's hard to believe things on this show.


The whole Evan thing makes no sense either.  It seems odd that he had a medical condition and they called in Carly.  I missed the show last Tuesday so I don't even know what Carly said  to Evan.  I can't believe she is falling for him now.

thisoldmule

Posts : 78
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Glittersisgld on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Carly just had to give him a rose.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by Dazz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:40 am

The  moaning thing - definitely dubbed.   It's so stupid too.  The producers don't have much to work with.

I wonder too why Josh wouldn't sue Andi for Libel.  But after thinking about it, he said vs. she said.  It would probably be a long waste of time and money.   It's already out there and the court process is long and draining.  I don't know what is in her book, but sounds like it's not worth Josh's time.

Maybe that's why he wanted to do BIP to show he is a good guy, but I think he is coming off as phony.  I really liked Josh prior to his post-bachelorette issues.

Dazz

Posts : 170
Likes : 70
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor In Paradise Season 3 Episode 3A

Post by skt8word on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 am

Plus Andi only referred to them as numbers.  Even though everybody who watches the show knows who she's referring to, maybe she could argue it's ambiguous to the general community.  lol

I don't trust Josh much.  Even on another reality show, he was thought of as tending to put forth a perfect image, as in not real.  It wasn't even said in a really derogatory manner.  More like an observation.  I think TPTB on Paradise are making him come across as worse than the producers of the other show, though.  But some of it is his own doing.  He's so defensive.  And the preview for next week makes him look like he's overreacting.

skt8word

Posts : 79
Likes : 10
Join date : 2015-07-31

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum