Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by peebeeb on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Seems like he wants to stretch his 15 minutes of fame to 17...

SMH

Edit: my post is in regards to her ex stretching his so called fame out as long as possible. 

I'm a fan of Luke, he seems to be a regular, decent, mature guy.


Last edited by peebeeb on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

peebeeb
Power User

Posts : 494
Likes : 232
Join date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by SLA44 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:40 pm

DoubleDS10 wrote:I like the looks of Luke...I thought that he was the best looking one out of the bunch from the first night. He seems to exude a pretty strong sexual energy!! 
He reminds me too much of zoolander though...tries to just do some sort of smoldering model stare and probably doesn't have too much going on upstairs.
Would be fun to have around but probably one of those men that you get bored of easily.
I disagree with you on him probably not having too much going on upstairs.  He graduated from West Point, served overseas as an Army Officer and was a platoon leader over there.  He is a mature man that puts some thought into what he says and maybe that makes him seem slow to you but he is an intelligent man or he would not have made it through West Point or even made it into West Point to begin with.  In regards to him trying to just do some sort of smoldering model stare - he has done some modeling in addition to his singer/song writer activities.  You need to remember you are only seeing Luke as TPTB are editing him and not the real him and that goes for the rest of the cast as well.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by thisoldmule on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Yeah, Luke is probably more intelligent than most on this show.  He seems really serious all the time though and doesn't show too much excitement.  I'd like to see more fun from him.  I'm not sure about him though just because he could be there for a modeling career.  He's popular with bachelor nation and might make a good bachelor if JoJo doesn't choose him.

thisoldmule

Posts : 78
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by SLA44 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:43 pm

thisoldmule wrote:Yeah, Luke is probably more intelligent than most on this show.  He seems really serious all the time though and doesn't show too much excitement.  I'd like to see more fun from him.  I'm not sure about him though just because he could be there for a modeling career.  He's popular with bachelor nation and might make a good bachelor if JoJo doesn't choose him.
That's the way they are editing him - they are not showing his fun side at all.  He put up a video on his IG with a little boy in his backpack that is really cute.  I have a feeling that Luke is a fun loving man.  I don't believe he is there for a modeling career at all - he has done some modeling with an agency and he is more into his singing and song writing than anything else right now and that hasn't been pushed at all in this season.  Luke's IG link is:


https://www.instagram.com/luke__pell/?hl=en

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Glittersisgld on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I wouldn't want Luke to be the bachelor unless he starts showing more personality.  I think there are others on the show who have more personality.  How do we know he is popular with Bachelor Nation compared to the other men?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by SLA44 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I wouldn't want Luke to be the bachelor unless he starts showing more personality.  I think there are others on the show who have more personality.  How do we know he is popular with Bachelor Nation compared to the other men?
We will only be able to see what personality TPTB choose to show us.  Most of his personality is probably laying on the edit room floor.  That goes the same for all of them - we see what the producers want us to see and nothing more.  I would have been more than happy not see the personalities of Alex, Chad and Evan thank you anyway.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Dazz on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:13 am

SLA44 wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:I wouldn't want Luke to be the bachelor unless he starts showing more personality.  I think there are others on the show who have more personality.  How do we know he is popular with Bachelor Nation compared to the other men?
We will only be able to see what personality TPTB choose to show us.  Most of his personality is probably laying on the edit room floor.  That goes the same for all of them - we see what the producers want us to see and nothing more.  I would have been more than happy not see the personalities of Alex, Chad and Evan thank you anyway.
Agreed - the focus is so much on Chad and his stupid shenanigans that we are not getting a good glimpse into the other guys that are there.

On a side note:  I was reading some "gossip" that Grant (the firefighter) is a playboy in his normal life... Lots of different women and cheating on girlfriends.   Of course, these things come out about contestants, but seems like there are a few different women with the same story.  I didn't see that in Grant (Jordan yes, Grant had me fooled).

Dazz

Posts : 170
Likes : 70
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Glittersisgld on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:36 am

They say all kinds of things about the contestants.  It's hard to know what to believe, but why would they want to make Luke or anybody else for that matter appear duller than they are? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Posts : 1344
Likes : 316
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by DoubleDS10 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:11 pm

SLA44 wrote:
DoubleDS10 wrote:I like the looks of Luke...I thought that he was the best looking one out of the bunch from the first night. He seems to exude a pretty strong sexual energy!! 
He reminds me too much of zoolander though...tries to just do some sort of smoldering model stare and probably doesn't have too much going on upstairs.
Would be fun to have around but probably one of those men that you get bored of easily.
I disagree with you on him probably not having too much going on upstairs.  He graduated from West Point, served overseas as an Army Officer and was a platoon leader over there.  He is a mature man that puts some thought into what he says and maybe that makes him seem slow to you but he is an intelligent man or he would not have made it through West Point or even made it into West Point to begin with.  In regards to him trying to just do some sort of smoldering model stare - he has done some modeling in addition to his singer/song writer activities.  You need to remember you are only seeing Luke as TPTB are editing him and not the real him and that goes for the rest of the cast as well.
You may be right. Speaking from my personal dating experience, I have never came across any male models that weren't vacant and boring but may be he's different. Either way I don't get a sense that he likes Jojo that much. 
BTW, what's so special about West Point? I am not being facetious, I am seriously asking. I googled it and all I can see is that it's a military school.

DoubleDS10

Posts : 58
Likes : 28
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Calgary, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by DoubleDS10 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:They say all kinds of things about the contestants.  It's hard to know what to believe, but why would they want to make Luke or anybody else for that matter appear duller than they are? 
If anything, I would imagine that the producers look for anything to make people appear less dull then they actually are. Boring doesn't make for good tv so my guess is that all of these contestants are actually even less interesting in real life than they appear on these shows.

DoubleDS10

Posts : 58
Likes : 28
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Calgary, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:09 pm

DoubleDS1 wrote:
BTW, what's so special about West Point? I am not being facetious, I am seriously asking. I googled it and all I can see is that it's a military school.

I consider West Point very prestigious and an excellent college education.  If Luke graduated, I;m impressed.  Of the Armed Service Universities, Army and Navy are rigorous collegiate programs.
The admittance / selection process is very selective; first one needs a recommendation from their congress representative - not really a big deal, but no congress person is gonna nominate a Big Skid.   Then the academic and personal character attributes are also very selective; must have high SAT scrores - maybe not quite like Ivy League, but close and the person demonstrate community involvement.

THey probably have a 20% admittance rate and once you're in, the daily routine is brutal.  I believe for Army, there is no 'Basket Weaving" type curriculums - like all these bullshit 4-year programs in "Liberal Studies".   Students are required to take a couple years of high level math and sciences, and graduate with a degree that is relevant;  all the students who do graduate are qualified for military officer selection.    There have been some famous West Point Grads:   Eisenhower, Grant,  Petreaus (his mistres was also WP grad)....
 

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Posts : 525
Likes : 75
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by thisoldmule on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:50 pm

I agree with you, Monkey.  West Point doesn't accept everybody.  Their admittance rate might even be lower than 20% and only those with top SAT scores get in.  It is impressive to be accepted and graduate there.  Luke definitely looks good on paper.

thisoldmule

Posts : 78
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by GymGirlJane on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:
DoubleDS1 wrote:
BTW, what's so special about West Point? I am not being facetious, I am seriously asking. I googled it and all I can see is that it's a military school.

I consider West Point very prestigious and an excellent college education.  If Luke graduated, I;m impressed.  Of the Armed Service Universities, Army and Navy are rigorous collegiate programs.
The admittance / selection process is very selective; first one needs a recommendation from their congress representative - not really a big deal, but no congress person is gonna nominate a Big Skid.   Then the academic and personal character attributes are also very selective; must have high SAT scrores - maybe not quite like Ivy League, but close and the person demonstrate community involvement.

I really was not certain if this was a serious question.  West Point is considered almost on par with the Ivy League academically.  It has rigorous entry standards -- the admission rate is much lower than 20%.   According to US News & World Report the admission rate is 9.5 %.  And have you ever seen its record for producing Rhodes Scholars?  Marshall Scholars?  Combine that with the military tradition and history of producing highly decorated and high ranking officers in the army. The prestige is undeniable.  Again, I find it hard to believe this was a serious question.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 398
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Babs2147 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:22 am

Indeed   This is the first time I ever agreed with the Monkey! Smile  TEAM LUKE

Babs2147
Power User

Posts : 613
Likes : 305
Join date : 2015-07-27
Location : Northern NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Lesallee on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:25 am

Double D is, I believe, Canadian. The pros and cons of American educational institions aren't relevant here. So, yes, I would say she was posing an entirely legitimate query. The Monkey explained West Point very well to non Americans, without condescension. 

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2396
Likes : 850
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by GymGirlJane on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Lesallee wrote:Double D is, I believe, Canadian. The pros and cons of American educational institions aren't relevant here. So, yes, I would say she was posing an entirely legitimate query. The Monkey explained West Point very well to non Americans, without condescension. 


Last edited by GymGirlJane on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 398
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by GymGirlJane on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:19 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Double D is, I believe, Canadian. The pros and cons of American educational institions aren't relevant here. So, yes, I would say she was posing an entirely legitimate query. The Monkey explained West Point very well to non Americans, without condescension. 
Yes, he did.  And you could have followed suit and explained the Canadian thing without hostility.  Although saying Canadians do not understand the prestige involved in American institutions would be like saying Americans have no clue about the prestige attached to Oxford University or the Royal Military Academy in the UK because they are not relevant to us.  Which is fine.  You are entitled to have a narrow world view.  And while I did not intend any condescension in my response to Double D re: West Point, it is quite intentional this time.  As was your snark.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 398
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Lesallee on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:21 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Double D is, I believe, Canadian. The pros and cons of American educational institions aren't relevant here. So, yes, I would say she was posing an entirely legitimate query. The Monkey explained West Point very well to non Americans, without condescension. 
Yes, he did.  And you could have followed suit and explained the Canadian thing without hostility.  Although saying Canadians do not understand the prestige involved in American institutions would be like saying Americans have no clue about the prestige attached to Oxford University or the Royal Military Academy in the UK because they are not relevant to us.  Which is fine.  You are entitled to have a narrow world view.  And while I did not intend any condescension in my response to Double D re: West Point, it is quite intentional this time.  As was your snark.
Confused Confused Confused Snark? Hostility? No, simply a reply and nothing more. But given my narrow world view that you have placed on me, perhaps it's the best I could do.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2396
Likes : 850
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Babs2147 wrote:Indeed   This is the first time I ever agreed with the Monkey! Smile  TEAM LUKE
The first cut is the deepest, BABS ......bbbbuwuwhahahahahhahahahaha

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Posts : 525
Likes : 75
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:27 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
Yes, he did.  And you could have followed suit and explained the Canadian thing without hostility.  Although saying Canadians do not understand the prestige involved in American institutions would be like saying Americans have no clue about the prestige attached to Oxford University or the Royal Military Academy in the UK because they are not relevant to us.  Which is fine.  You are entitled to have a narrow world view.  And while I did not intend any condescension in my response to Double D re: West Point, it is quite intentional this time.  As was your snark.

WTH ladies; am I gonna have to get *in between* you both ? (yes, please)........   Double D asked a perfectly honest question. She also looks bangin hot when she posted her bikini avatar (need to repost that) ........and Lezabebe's reply was perfectly fine...

Geeze, let the experts do the *hurling* around here.

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Posts : 525
Likes : 75
Join date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by GymGirlJane on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:08 am

"The Monkey explained West Point very well to non Americans, without condescension."  (emphasis added)

Res Ipsa Loquitur.  In the sense of the literal translation.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 398
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by GymGirlJane on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:36 am

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:


Geeze, let the experts do the *hurling* around here.
Not sure how expertise in "hurling" is determined Monkey Bars.  Self-proclamation does not count.  In any event, personally, I do not hurl.  I am happy to leave that to you, expert or not.

GymGirlJane
Power User

Posts : 398
Likes : 115
Join date : 2015-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by DoubleDS10 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:53 pm

It was a total serious question...I am European, currently living in Canada and have lived here since I was a teenager and can confidently say that I have never heard of West Point. I am quite familiar with the Ivy League schools but have no knowledge of this military academy...or any other military academies in the US for that matter. I do some of my work in the field of academics and do many international conferences where people from different universities present and I don't think that West Point is as well known to academics outside of the US as the Ivy leagues schools. I didn't realize it was that prestigious so good for Luke.

DoubleDS10

Posts : 58
Likes : 28
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Calgary, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 12 - Episode 4

Post by DoubleDS10 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Lesallee wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Double D is, I believe, Canadian. The pros and cons of American educational institions aren't relevant here. So, yes, I would say she was posing an entirely legitimate query. The Monkey explained West Point very well to non Americans, without condescension. 
Yes, he did.  And you could have followed suit and explained the Canadian thing without hostility.  Although saying Canadians do not understand the prestige involved in American institutions would be like saying Americans have no clue about the prestige attached to Oxford University or the Royal Military Academy in the UK because they are not relevant to us.  Which is fine.  You are entitled to have a narrow world view.  And while I did not intend any condescension in my response to Double D re: West Point, it is quite intentional this time.  As was your snark.
Confused Confused Confused Snark? Hostility? No, simply a reply and nothing more. But given my narrow world view that you have placed on me, perhaps it's the best I could do.

I didn't read any hostility or snarkiness in the reply at all!

DoubleDS10

Posts : 58
Likes : 28
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Calgary, AB

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum