Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by BlueMoon on Wed May 29, 2013 10:28 pm

What I really want to know is how on earth Desiree remembers all the names of these guys? It would really be embarrassing not to be able to remember someone's name during the rose ceremony! I wonder if that has ever happened, and someone got to stay because of it?

I thought she was pretty discerning about who she gave the early roses to, except for the guy without the shirt. He needs to go home. There's such a thing as simply trying too hard. For the others, I thought she gave roses to those that she felt a connection with. I felt like she was interested in them, not necessarily what they did for a living.

Fantasy Suite guy definitely needed to go home.

I look forward to the next episode.
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyJGray5 on Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 am

BlueMoon wrote:What I really want to know is how on earth Desiree remembers all the names of these guys? It would really be embarrassing not to be able to remember someone's name during the rose ceremony! I wonder if that has ever happened, and someone got to stay because of it?

I thought she was pretty discerning about who she gave the early roses to, except for the guy without the shirt. He needs to go home. There's such a thing as simply trying too hard. For the others, I thought she gave roses to those that she felt a connection with. I felt like she was interested in them, not necessarily what they did for a living.

Fantasy Suite guy definitely needed to go home.

I look forward to the next episode.

I think that the names are taped inside
LadyJGray5

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:46 am

SLA44 wrote:
Ughwhatname wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:Now that he is gone I wonder who will be the token bad guy this season?

I'm going to guess that James (I think that's his name) with the slick black hair who is being accused of saying he's playing his cards right to be the next Bach is the new bad boy with ill intent.

I think you might be right on that one Ugh and you are right his name is James.

Ugh after watching the new clip on ABC's home page I think there may be a contest for the bad boy spot between Ben and James.
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:31 am

sdreindeer wrote:

No lack of crying, backstabbing and fighting here!!

Wow...it used to be that I didn't think the Bachelorette season's were as interesting because women cat fight whereas the men were more inclined to drink beer and bond. From these previews it certainly doesn't look that way this time Twisted Evil
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:53 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

Wow...it used to be that I didn't think the Bachelorette season's were as interesting because women cat fight whereas the men were more inclined to drink beer and bond. From these previews it certainly doesn't look that way this time Twisted Evil

From the previews, it seems to be even more so this season with the guys. Do we really need to see all this crap or need to know who does or doesn't get along amongst them?? You notice now, every season and "ex" has to come into the picture? It really is difficult to get a true picture of what a guy is like because ABC is calling the shots and they are deciding who they want to look bad or who they want to be the hero. I want to see more actual dating/conversations and interaction with Des and the guys. I dislike ABC attempting to sway me one way or another with all the stupid antics. It has become less and less dating and more and more backstabbing, bickering and crying. Hissy fit

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

From the previews, it seems to be even more so this season with the guys. Do we really need to see all this crap or need to know who does or doesn't get along amongst them?? You notice now, every season and "ex" has to come into the picture? It really is difficult to get a true picture of what a guy is like because ABC is calling the shots and they are deciding who they want to look bad or who they want to be the hero. I want to see more actual dating/conversations and interaction with Des and the guys. I dislike ABC attempting to sway me one way or another with all the stupid antics. It has become less and less dating and more and more backstabbing, bickering and crying.

ITA with you rein, it has gotten to the point where I don't believe what they are showing as what is really happening with the editing and voice overs that they are throwing in especially in the previews. This show is totally an unreality reality show IMO. TPTB seem to just want a lot of drama (crap) and I don't think that is what the viewers want, at least I hope it isn't! From the previews this season looks like a total train wreck so I don't know why CH is saying it is the best season start to finish yet - depends on what someone thinks is a good season I guess. No
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:37 pm

I think that ABC is starting to try to outdo themselves with the train wrecks!! Just get back to the basics please.

BTW....like your new AVI....such a handsome man. Of course we have hardly seen him at all so he must be one of the nice guys. Thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:47 pm

sdreindeer wrote:I think that ABC is starting to try to outdo themselves with the train wrecks!! Just get back to the basics please.

BTW....like your new AVI....such a handsome man. Of course we have hardly seen him at all so he must be one of the nice guys.

Thanks rein, I think he is handsome and I would also think he is a decent man just from the high school and college he went to and I'm hoping that is why they have not shown much of him yet - but I would really like to see more of him!
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:15 pm

sdreindeer wrote:From the previews, it seems to be even more so this season with the guys. Do we really need to see all this crap or need to know who does or doesn't get along amongst them?? You notice now, every season and "ex" has to come into the picture? It really is difficult to get a true picture of what a guy is like because ABC is calling the shots and they are deciding who they want to look bad or who they want to be the hero. I want to see more actual dating/conversations and interaction with Des and the guys. I dislike ABC attempting to sway me one way or another with all the stupid antics. It has become less and less dating and more and more backstabbing, bickering and crying.

I wish there was a "like" button. Applause

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 pm

singlyme wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:From the previews, it seems to be even more so this season with the guys. Do we really need to see all this crap or need to know who does or doesn't get along amongst them?? You notice now, every season and "ex" has to come into the picture? It really is difficult to get a true picture of what a guy is like because ABC is calling the shots and they are deciding who they want to look bad or who they want to be the hero. I want to see more actual dating/conversations and interaction with Des and the guys. I dislike ABC attempting to sway me one way or another with all the stupid antics. It has become less and less dating and more and more backstabbing, bickering and crying.

I wish there was a "like" button.

There's not a like button but there is a thumbs up and I agree with you singly rein deserves the !
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 am

I truly hope the editing allows us a sense of which guy(s) Des is connecting with - rather than which guys are or aren't "connecting" with each other.

Otherwise, they need to retitle this show. Perhaps an updated version of "Who Do You Trust?" Wink Considering how Sean's season was mostly "The Tierra Show," maybe "Worst Catch" would be an appropriate title.

I'm hoping for a lot less strife and a lot more actual romance this season. My wish is that these previews are nutshell events that don't drag on for half of our time. But Des' tears seem to indicate she had time to care about someone before he was exposed. Rats!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 am

singlyme wrote:I truly hope the editing allows us a sense of which guy(s) Des is connecting with - rather than which guys are or aren't "connecting" with each other.

Otherwise, they need to retitle this show. Perhaps an updated version of "Who Do You Trust?" Wink Considering how Sean's season was mostly "The Tierra Show," maybe "Worst Catch" would be an appropriate title.

I'm hoping for a lot less strife and a lot more actual romance this season. My wish is that these previews are nutshell events that don't drag on for half of our time. But Des' tears seem to indicate she had time to care about someone before he was exposed. Rats!

I don't have my hopes too high for seeing a lot of romance. For some reason MF thinks all this drama spices up the show. I have seen so many previews with Des crying and I think is this just a one time cry or are there lots of things that are so upsetting or was there some guy she really did care about?? You just never know what to expect. I did come to realize, however, that the more something is hyped up in a preview.....in reality, turns out to be a big nothing. MF is really good at doing that to the viewers.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
singlyme wrote:I truly hope the editing allows us a sense of which guy(s) Des is connecting with - rather than which guys are or aren't "connecting" with each other.

I don't have my hopes too high for seeing a lot of romance. For some reason MF thinks all this drama spices up the show. I have seen so many previews with Des crying and I think is this just a one time cry or are there lots of things that are so upsetting or was there some guy she really did care about?? You just never know what to expect. I did come to realize, however, that the more something is hyped up in a preview.....in reality, turns out to be a big nothing. MF is really good at doing that to the viewers.

I agree with you. This show didn't used to be like this. Unfortunately this "Jerry Springer" mentality has taken over shows that are supposed to be about love including this one. The terrible thing is that there are people that are going to start watching now that there is all this extra drama and MF will continue to run with it. The people that have watched it from the beginning are becoming annoyed and will eventually fall away but he will get the ones onboard that like all the nonsense. What does that say about us as a nation?
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum