Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Did not like Juan Pablo either.....seems like an arrogant show off.

Rein I like your new avi! Juan Pablo didn't seem like he had much personality to me but maybe I just haven't seen enough of him or maybe I've seen too much him.

Rein Brooks did nothing for me in his pictures or bio and he still did nothing for me after seeing him tonight. Maybe he is just not my type and that's the problem but we'll have to see what happens in the next few episodes with him. There is just something about him I don't care for and it is hard to put my finger on it. As far as Bryden, I did not like him from his picture but liked him better after seeing him tonight and his intro video but time will tell with all of them.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by USN on Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 pm

Ugh, when I first saw the bachelors pics, Drew was the only one that stood out to me. I thought he reminded me a little of Andy Gibb. It looks like he is one of the good guys.

Rein, I agree with you about Brooks.
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks SLA....I thought I would find something summerish for my Avi although the weather here is far from it.

It's a toss-up with Drew's looks between Andy Gibb and Jake Pavelka's little brother. But I love his smile.

For some reason Brooks makes my skin crawl.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:03 am

sdreindeer wrote:Thanks SLA....I thought I would find something summerish for my Avi although the weather here is far from it.

It's a toss-up with Drew's looks between Andy Gibb and Jake Pavelka's little brother. But I love his smile.

For some reason Brooks makes my skin crawl.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Drew looking like Jake Pavelka's little brother. I sure hope he has more substance than Jake and he at least sounds like he should but I think I liked Jake when he was on the Bachelorette but not after he became the Bachelor. Yes Brooks has the same effect on me.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Ughwhatname on Tue May 28, 2013 12:21 am

SLA44 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:Thanks SLA....I thought I would find something summerish for my Avi although the weather here is far from it.

It's a toss-up with Drew's looks between Andy Gibb and Jake Pavelka's little brother. But I love his smile.

For some reason Brooks makes my skin crawl.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Drew looking like Jake Pavelka's little brother. I sure hope he has more substance than Jake and he at least sounds like he should but I think I liked Jake when he was on the Bachelorette but not after he became the Bachelor. Yes Brooks has the same effect on me.



Well, ya'll have just ruined it for me! I did not like Jake from the moment I laid eyes on him. I really didn't like him on his one-on-one with Jillian where they tried on cowboy boots, etc. My feelings never changed. To compare Drew to Jake is a terrible insult to Drew, and I don't know anything about him!

Larry and Brook both creeped me out a bit, right along with Fantasy Suite Jonathan. His stupid card could have been a hit it he'd stopped prior to the Fantasy Suite portion.

The magician reminded me of the liquor salesman who got totally wasted the first night. Can't remember which season, maybe Emily's season.

Kasey's comment where he wondered whether to intervene when Jonathan was being an ass won points with me, even if he didn't really make a move. Its the thought that counts!

_________________
Ugh
avatar
Ughwhatname

Posts : 207
Likes : 56
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by USN on Tue May 28, 2013 12:29 am

I don't think Drew looks like Jake. I never cared for Jake at all. I thought he looked like the Joker when he smiled.
avatar
USN
Power User

Posts : 4558
Likes : 200
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 am

Ughwhatname wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:Thanks SLA....I thought I would find something summerish for my Avi although the weather here is far from it.

It's a toss-up with Drew's looks between Andy Gibb and Jake Pavelka's little brother. But I love his smile.

For some reason Brooks makes my skin crawl.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on Drew looking like Jake Pavelka's little brother. I sure hope he has more substance than Jake and he at least sounds like he should but I think I liked Jake when he was on the Bachelorette but not after he became the Bachelor. Yes Brooks has the same effect on me.



Well, ya'll have just ruined it for me! I did not like Jake from the moment I laid eyes on him. I really didn't like him on his one-on-one with Jillian where they tried on cowboy boots, etc. My feelings never changed. To compare Drew to Jake is a terrible insult to Drew, and I don't know anything about him!

Larry and Brook both creeped me out a bit, right along with Fantasy Suite Jonathan. His stupid card could have been a hit it he'd stopped prior to the Fantasy Suite portion.

The magician reminded me of the liquor salesman who got totally wasted the first night. Can't remember which season, maybe Emily's season.

Kasey's comment where he wondered whether to intervene when Jonathan was being an ass won points with me, even if he didn't really make a move. Its the thought that counts!

Ugh I am sorry and I don't want to ruin it for you - I don't like Jake either and Drew is definitely very good looking so forget about that other character and just enjoy Drew. So far from what we saw tonight he seems like an upstanding young man and I hope that nothing changes that impression I have of him in the up coming episodes but for some reason I don't think anything will.

I agree with Larry and Brook both creeping one out a bit and I think Johnathan has a problem with showing women proper respect which it didn't appear to me he had. Thanks for the laugh about magician and it did seem that Kasey was ready to step in if necessary which it turned out not to be.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 am

Good Morning, Everyone! Well Des' first night is over and here are the remaining Bachelors:


--- --- ---

---Ben, 28-----------Brad, 27---------Brandon, 26--------Brian, 29

--- ------
-Brooks, 28--------Bryden, 26--------Chris, 27----------Dan, 30

--- --- ---
Drew, 27----__-----James, 27------Juan Pablo, 31------Kasey, 29

--- --- ---
Michael G., 33----Mikey T., 30-----Nick M., 27-------Robert, 30

--- ---
-Will, 28---------Zack K., 28-------Zak W., 31

Hmmm! The six that went were good choices, but a few more could have certainly gone last night!



Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue May 28, 2013 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Posts : 1908
Likes : 1
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by singlyme on Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 am

They all look so different in real life. I'm not very talented in attaching names to faces, so I'll have to wait until I've seen more and the contenders have thinned out further. From the pictures alone, Brandon, Drew and Robert all look like high school seniors. Boys vs. Men

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2074
Likes : 258
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue May 28, 2013 9:16 am

Zak W, the free spirit nudist (balcony scene at home at top of show/bare chested all evening) reminds me of Mel Gibson in his cuter days! I wish he had gone home last night, but the funny thing is, he may actually be a nice guy!
avatar
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Posts : 1908
Likes : 1
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by gin1972 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 am

Have you seen Jake lately. Well he has had botox or something done to his face.

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Tue May 28, 2013 11:51 am

Funny how we all see things differently. To me, Drew looks like Jake's little brother, but that is not an insult to Drew at all...I was not comparing there personalities at all...just looks. Drew appears to be a sweetheart. Jake has had botox?? LOL...I have to look for a picture of that!! S&T... I honestly don't see a similarity of Zak to Mel Gibson. Just because we don't see what others see, I really hope no one takes these things personally.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by victorian3 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 am

sdreindeer wrote:I think Drew is adorable. So what did you all think of Brooks? There is something about him that just bugs me (at this point anyway)? I must say, someone who was not on my first list was Bryden, but after seeing the previews I think I just might like him.

Rein, you asked what we think about Brooks. My first thought was that he reminds me of Charlotte's first husband, Trey, on Sex and the City. Kyle McLachlan, is that the actor's name (also on Desperate Housewives).
Brooks is not really my type but he seems nice.
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by victorian3 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:23 pm

singlyme wrote:They all look so different in real life. I'm not very talented in attaching names to faces, so I'll have to wait until I've seen more and the contenders have thinned out further. From the pictures alone, Brandon, Drew and Robert all look like high school seniors. Boys vs. Men
ITA singly. I think those bio pics were old ones. Nick's hair grew out since the bio pic.
When we saw these guys last night and they are actually talking, or NOT smiling, they don't look exactly like the bio pics. I sat their with my cheat sheet, pausing or slow motioning the tv so that I could get everyone straight.

The scene with the punching is actually something done on a group date as part of a stunt. When seen at regular speed it ooks like two guys are actually fighting fo rreal.

As far as Drew, Brandon, and Robert. I did notice that both Drew has a high pitched voice. When wes ee the promos, as I had mentioned in the other thread, we hear the voice overs and I suggested that we all pay attention to one or two guy's voices. brooks also has a high pitched voice. Nikey T and Bryden have deep voices but not sure how far they'll go.

I REALLY liked Bryden much more in person than I did in his bio which was very simply written with hardly any words. He seems sincere. The bangs have to go though.
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by victorian3 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Brandon seems very sincere and I like him but does he seem a bit like Kasey seemed in Ali's season? Kind of borderline obsessed. He's already sure that Des is the one. He may be too intense too soon for her. Givin gher the sobriety coin from his mother on day 1 is a bit premature I think and too personal of a gift. it means something to him and he is trying to bond with Des over their parent's sobriety issues. Seems like the wrong way to bond. That happened with Ashley when she was talking about her background on her amusement park date. (Of course she is now happy with JP).
avatar
victorian3
Power User

Posts : 950
Likes : 6
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by rkc1960 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Don't want to go back and watch to figure it out but does anyone know who the guy is in the previews that has a girlfriend show up? I don't want to start liking someone and then have it get blown out of the water LOL.

Anyway, just finished watching the 1st epidode. I liked Ben right away because I'm a sucker for a man who loves his kids...but someone mentioned earlier that they don't like how he looks in the season's previews. I didn't look real closely to see what they are talking about.

I think Brandon looks ok so far but am concerned with people that have bad family back grounds...too much baggage sometimes.

I wish she had sent Zack, the shirtless guy home. Guys walking around shirtless and stripping their clothes off usually do so because they think they are all that. Don't trust them.

I'm also glad she sent the ER doctor home. There was something about him that didn't set well with me.

That whole Jonathan thing was creepy. I can't believe someone would do that the first night and keep coming after her after she clearly wanted nothing to do with going to his make believe fantasy suite. I tend to believe that was a set up. Now that he is gone I wonder who will be the token bad guy this season?
avatar
rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 1088
Likes : 271
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Rkc they did not show which one had the girlfriend in the previews they showed at the end of the premiere but it was shown in an earlier preview that I saw and it is Brian that has the girlfriend show up. As far as Zak being shirtless it looked to me like Des was eating that up who knows what these people are thinking!

I am wondering if they are not trying to make Ben look bad and the takes they are showing of him have nothing to do with the voice overs. Like when he said I'm going to win this thing he might have been refering to a competition he was going to be in where the way they showed it it looked like he taking about winning the show i.e. being F1. It could be this way or actually something really not so nice with him ~ at first I was ready to write him off but then I got to thinking it could just be the way TPTB are doing their famous dicing and slicing editing to once again lead us down the wrong road. I don't even want to think about how many times that has happened and I'm sure it will happen again.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Ughwhatname on Wed May 29, 2013 12:21 am

rkc1960 wrote:Now that he is gone I wonder who will be the token bad guy this season?



I'm going to guess that James (I think that's his name) with the slick black hair who is being accused of saying he's playing his cards right to be the next Bach is the new bad boy with ill intent.

_________________
Ugh
avatar
Ughwhatname

Posts : 207
Likes : 56
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:25 am

Ughwhatname wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:Now that he is gone I wonder who will be the token bad guy this season?



I'm going to guess that James (I think that's his name) with the slick black hair who is being accused of saying he's playing his cards right to be the next Bach is the new bad boy with ill intent.

I think you might be right on that one Ugh and you are right his name is James.
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:49 am

I just read Des' blog of the premiere and she said she dared Zak to do a cannonball into the pool and thus why he got the early rose for jumping in. Here is the link to her blog:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20703880,00.html

I also read Chris Harrison's blog and here is the link to that:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/28/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-season-premiere-blog-2/
avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by singlyme on Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 am

ugh and rkc: Wasn't it James who was crying to her, saying someone hit him? It would be SO much fun to speculate but as SLA commented, the slicing and dicing by TPTB make it impossible.

My body is still a little achy today. I washed down the front porch yesterday and carried up the porch furniture from the basement. It looks beautiful! But I wore myself out. I plan to do my planting today but it's supposed to be 87 and humid. Guess I need to get out there early. I'm feeling SO productive of late. Loving it!! Have a great day.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2074
Likes : 258
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by gin1972 on Wed May 29, 2013 10:49 am

All I can first night did not impress me in a good way. I can say the old saying you can't judge a book by the cover sure popped in my head Monday night.
I am going to keep an open mind and give them another chance.

I do not know what MF is doing, but Sean's season was a hit. There were about 3 or 4 girls from the first night that I went oh ok they can go. For the biggest part were very nice ladies. I enjoyed watching Sean's season and I was sure that MF got the message what the public wants. No he likes slezz and it could cost him this show. If I wanted to watch trash there are other stations I can turn to. I am not a prude but I do have to watch it. That is why I changed channels when the bloopers show wS on. I get the impression MF does not respect of women, JMHO

gin1972
Power User

Posts : 655
Likes : 0
Join date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by rkc1960 on Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

SLA44 wrote:
Ughwhatname wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:Now that he is gone I wonder who will be the token bad guy this season?



I'm going to guess that James (I think that's his name) with the slick black hair who is being accused of saying he's playing his cards right to be the next Bach is the new bad boy with ill intent.

I think you might be right on that one Ugh and you are right his name is James.

I wasn't impressed with James or for that matter I wasn't totally impressed with any of the guys. I usually have a pretty good take on most of them the first night and after a few episodes get a good sense of who the lead may choose out of a couple but not this time. Just seemed odd to me that the majority of the guys that tried to do something interesting to make a good first impression on her went home...except for Ben and of course Zak, the shirtless wonder. Wasn't he the same one they showed in the initial videos that lived in the middle of nowhere and walked around the house naked? I don't mind a guy walking around from time to time naked but all the time and doing it in front of the nation that they had to block body parts out? I think that would wear thin after a while.
avatar
rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 1088
Likes : 271
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 on Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

avatar
SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Wed May 29, 2013 10:20 pm


No lack of crying, backstabbing and fighting here!! Crying

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 (Premiere) - 5/27 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum